DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/617112-alien-isolation-10-7-14-ps4-xo-ps3-360-pc.html)

mattysemo247 09-04-15 12:46 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
Wanted to bump this since the game on all 4 systems is currently $19.99 on Amazon. I was just thinking about this the other day, easily one of the best games I played this year.

Rival11 05-24-18 10:06 AM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
Started playing. Made it to the second ship you team up with one of the crew.

I definitely really like this game but it's nowhere near as scary as Outlast or the first Evil Within DLC.

milo bloom 05-24-18 04:35 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
I bought a used copy for the PS3 for $5 and promptly got stuck in the baggage retrieval system (no, not the one in Heathrow).

Haven't had the time to google up a walkthrough to get out.

I liked the look and feel of it otherwise though.

mattysemo247 05-24-18 05:17 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
Damn, I can't believe this game is going on 4 years old now. How time flies.

Rival11 05-28-18 07:42 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
I take it back, this game is f'n scary lol.

Rival11 06-14-18 10:12 AM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
So, I was going to wait until after I beat the game to comment but I'll do it now.

This is the most annoying and frustrating game I've played probably since the original Ninja Gaiden. The devs for this put every cliche into it and they even shot in a timed door sequence. They know how pointless they made the gameplay in this and just keep piling it on you as you move along - this game is a f'n hot mess.

I seriously feel, with no exaggeration, that the game should have ended 30 times by now - without question. It keeps going, and going, and going, and going, and going.......and going, then it goes even longer.

With that said the graphics are nice, environments are amazing, the tension is incredible but then completely loses all it's steam at times due to the redundancy.

Fetch quests, backtracking, and every other cliche ever in bad video games - I've seriously never seen it on a level like this - I may not even finish the game and I think I'm right at the end.

mattysemo247 06-14-18 12:37 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 13352589)
I seriously feel, with no exaggeration, that the game should have ended 30 times by now - without question. It keeps going, and going, and going, and going, and going.......and going, then it goes even longer.

I had the exact same experience. I remember one night where I thought I would say up a little longer to wrap things up so I decided to check online to see how many more chapters I had. I just about shit myself when I saw I was only a little more than half way done :lol:

They padded this game WAY too much. Overall it was still a solid experience though, but I totally understand why some people bailed on it.

Why So Blu? 06-25-19 03:32 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
I had sold this off years ago without ever beating it, but they had a 1-day sale via the PS Store. Bought the "complete collection" for $15.99.

starseed1981 06-25-19 03:37 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 13352589)
So, I was going to wait until after I beat the game to comment but I'll do it now.

This is the most annoying and frustrating game I've played probably since the original Ninja Gaiden. The devs for this put every cliche into it and they even shot in a timed door sequence. They know how pointless they made the gameplay in this and just keep piling it on you as you move along - this game is a f'n hot mess.

I seriously feel, with no exaggeration, that the game should have ended 30 times by now - without question. It keeps going, and going, and going, and going, and going.......and going, then it goes even longer.

With that said the graphics are nice, environments are amazing, the tension is incredible but then completely loses all it's steam at times due to the redundancy.

Fetch quests, backtracking, and every other cliche ever in bad video games - I've seriously never seen it on a level like this - I may not even finish the game and I think I'm right at the end.

I get this. I remember thinking that the entire 3rd act could've been cut out of the main game. I ended up putting it down and then powered through the last 5 hours on a slow weekend. But yeah, it felt like work to see the credits roll.

mattysemo247 06-25-19 10:25 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
Coming soon to Switch!

gerrythedon 06-26-19 10:30 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
Started it today, on level 3. :mad2: with all the slowdown. (Do I need to re-install game?)

back to game :eek:

gerrythedon 07-09-19 10:43 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
Finished it this morning, loved it! Fucking tense as fuck. Spent a lot of time ducked and progressing the levels that way (fucking Alien made me this way!), and also did collectible hunting, so it took me a while to complete.
Damn Alien killed me so many times and those :mad2: Face-Huggers!

:lol: throwing Noisemakers or flares at humans so the Alien could take care of them :lol: I want a squeal that takes places after ALIENS. Didn't want to play this for a long time cause reading about being mostly stealth, but glad I did!!

mattysemo247 12-05-19 12:16 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
Wow, the Switch version supposedly runs better than the PS4/XB1 versions. Granted it's a 5 yrs old game that was also cross gen at the time, but good on them for making a solid port.


asianxcore 12-05-19 01:13 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 13650529)
Wow, the Switch version supposedly runs better than the PS4/XB1 versions. Granted it's a 5 yrs old game that was also cross gen at the time, but good on them for making a solid port.

That's great to hear!

I was thinking about picking it up for Nintendo Switch, since I never bought it for PS4.

Mike86 03-15-20 08:20 PM

Re: Alien: Isolation - 10/7/14 (PS4,XO,PS3,360,PC)
 
Iíve had this forever and never got around to playing it until now. Pretty fun game and really feels set in the universe of the films. Iím partway through the fourth mission. The androids are pretty creepy bastards and tough to take out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.