Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Old 07-24-15, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 201

Anyone who has the game might consider holding on to it.....

Dying Light Dev Teases Vehicle DLC.....Dune buggies spotted in new trailer

A new video from Poland studio Techland highlights content made available for Dying Light in the six months since release, closing with the words "and we've still got more," followed by a shot of a dune buggy revving its engine above empty fields. That trailer can be seen below

We've been playing this constantly and have hardly scratched the surface...still in the first town and not even at the 50% mark. Started doing more at night and it's a totally different style of play versus daytime. it's been a solid fun game so far.
Old 07-24-15, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 201

How much is the season pass and is it worth getting the PS Plus or whatever it is called to play online? Does it make the quests easier to have a team?
Old 07-24-15, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got PS Plus the day I got a PS4. I got Dying Light on Amazon but bought the season pass thru the PS Online Store....I think it's $19.00 now. With it you get....

Cuisine & Cargo - two hardcore missions based on the early days (we haven't done this yet)

Ultimate Survivor Bundle - you get (7) in game unique items, (3) outfits and (4) special blueprints

Bozak Horde Mode - We've tried this with four of us and you almost need to be leveled way up. We tried it when we were around level 15 and it was a bit tough just to do the first part which is more like timed stuff. We still want to do it.

We've played about 90% of the game together....mainly two of us or three on the weekend and it makes a world of difference. We even mentioned that if we had to play this alone it wouldn't be nearly as fun. We've started going out at night more and more and I can't see doing that alone period. We just did two on the main bridge....don't think I've ever seen so many zombies in one place. And even the Quarantine Zone Missions have them coming out. The game is just flat made for co-op period.

And FWIW...we play Diablo, Far Cry 4, Warframe and just got the Borderlands Handsome Collection as well playing co-op. And we're looking at Fall with either COD:Black Ops and/or Star Wars Battlefront...both offer co-op mode and Black Ops has a nice looking Zombie Mode and Star Wars will offer a Horde Mode.
Old 07-24-15, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah I tried doing a night mission and got most of it done, but there was way too many zombies with the special ones. Used up a lot of items and then sun came up =/

For the co-op, who decides which missions to go on and whose account does it count for? Like if you team up with someone who has done a lot compared to someone just starting, how does that work?
Old 07-24-15, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Everything is based on the host's game.
Old 07-24-15, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Like MP said.......say if you're stuck on a mission or two and ask two to come in and help. We might be way ahead and have done the mission but it'll put us right where you are. We'll get the XP and that's it along with the loot and stuff. Everything that I have on me and in my stash is with me no matter whose game I get in.
Old 07-24-15, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nice to know. Maybe I might have to get PS Plus. Any of you guys want to help me out lol.
Old 07-25-15, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe three of us are playing tonight...need to find out what time. One in our group can only play on weekends due to work nights during the week. Two of us have been playing almost every night doing a lot of the side quest trying not to get to far on the story.

Just where are you on the story part? I know "Ezy" is not that far and hasn't done much of the side stuff. What we've done is jump in his game to get him up to speed to where we are in the past. What we can possibly do is jump in yours and do the same. I will tell you this...getting as many of those Red Crates dropped from the planes will seriously boost your Survivor Skills big time. We've hit several during the day and get somewhere around 10,000 XP per (getting both). We loot about everything and with locked stuff one watches while one does the picking.

Right now this is our primary game and we did start Borderlands pre-sequel last night just for a break since we were at a good stopping point in Dying Light. And FWIW...we're going to do two Night Missions tonight probably and one reason why with more it's always better. If and when you get PS Plus make sure to post your name here and send a invite
Old 07-25-15, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I forgot to mention one other thing that will help you out....do a search for "Dying Light Docket Codes"....

There is a official site where you need to sign up/in...it's free...and you enter these codes. There are like 10-11 of them. If you do a Steam Dying Light Docket Codes search also you'll see a topic about them and can do a copy & paste. However I do believe you have to be online to use them since it will link your PSN account...might be wrong(?)

If you enter the codes correctly it will show it. When you go back into your game, go to the Quartermaster on the first floor in the Tower. It will show up as "You new un-spent Dockets" or something like that. Warning...Do Not Use All Of Them At Once!!....they are level generated. use one and then a few levels later use another is you want. There's plenty of good stuff to be found especially in the back of the Police Vans but in every case I used a Docket I got a Orange or Purple item.

List of Docket Codes - http://steamcommunity.com/app/239140...8195159894470/

Dying Light Docket Codes Entry - https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com/account/redeem-codes
Old 07-25-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sounds good! I'm at the part of the story where I went into the school with Jade and got the explosives (looking for that medicine). I've done a handful of the side quests, but I think both the main game and I know one of the quests wants me to go out at night. I work from home currently so I can always get on and play (I'm in Cali so I'm thinking I'm 3 hours ahead of you?).

I do have a question. If someone dies, what happens? Does everyone start over or is it only the main guy that dies that we all start over?
Old 07-27-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey

We got on briefly late, late Saturday night...we got stuck on a long mission in Borderlands pre-sequel. We didn't play at all Sunday trying to still get through and ahead on Borderlands. The pace on it is different than Dying Light that's for sure.

On your question when someone dies....you normally go back to the last save point...or the Safe House you were last in. Of course you can be healed by another player. But the other(s) keep on. Now if all die all go back to the last check point.

Sounds like you've done quite a bit. In fact the school with Jada is the last mission we did on Saturday night. Not sure which game we might jump into tonight. We never get tired of whacking, slashing and kicking zombies. We might get on and see what's the latest side stuff after all. I'll check at lunch when I go home and see what kanji wants to do.
Old 07-28-15, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting about the death. So if the host dies, you all continue and can finish the quest for him/her?

And yeah, I was breezing through the main quest until the night one appeared. And there are a bunch of side quests that have popped up for me over the weekend. Not sure if it is new or what. I may just try the night stuff and if I can't do it myself, just going to pay the PS Plus so I can get some help.
Old 07-29-15, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry...we've been playing Borderlands still, But yea...if host dies they go back to the last save point/safe house...I believe and can catch up to the other(s). We might be get back on and take a break from Borderlands. We're getting close to the end and might need a break. Not sure about tonight as one might be doing some Destiny but if you get Plus and I'm just messing around alone, I'll jump in. Just hanging outside the exit at the main Tower at night can be fun....providing you don't die. We normally get around 9-11 Volatiles just near the entrance. I actually like the Flares and even used a Shock Shield while kanjji used her UV Light. It's a rush because when one screams the others come running.
Old 07-29-15, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

An expansion called "The Following" has been announced. It will be free for season pass owners, and has a "new map as big as previous maps COMBINED." More details to come.

Old 07-29-15, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy cow!....I saw the end of the trailer with the buggies and thought that was cool but the size of that map alone must be insane. We haven't even touched the second one yet and still have the new horde one to do.
Old 08-04-15, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We finally made it over to Old Town last night and stopped at the main Safe house...man it's big and nice looking. It'll be totally different getting around than The Slums in the previous area. We knocked out two more Quarantine Zones...think we have just two more in The Slums. That new map is going to be huge.

How are you doing Jacob? have you decided to get Plus or not? I told my friend you might get it and need some help and she's cool with it...it's just more Zombie's to "Slice & Dice". We hung outside The Tower again last night and just in that small area took out about (14) Volatiles...love the Flares.
Old 08-05-15, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
We finally made it over to Old Town last night and stopped at the main Safe house...man it's big and nice looking. It'll be totally different getting around than The Slums in the previous area. We knocked out two more Quarantine Zones...think we have just two more in The Slums. That new map is going to be huge.

How are you doing Jacob? have you decided to get Plus or not? I told my friend you might get it and need some help and she's cool with it...it's just more Zombie's to "Slice & Dice". We hung outside The Tower again last night and just in that small area took out about (14) Volatiles...love the Flares.
Work has been kicking my butt. I stopped on a lot of side night quests because it is impossible alone. The main quest, I'm about to get to the new land (I think new land)? Defeated Razi (is that how you spell it?). I'll PM you my number to set something up.
Old 08-05-15, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good to hear...the new land is Old Town which we are in. If you say you have defeated Razi...have you done The Pit and escaped? I should be on tonight and we're about to start Old Town....internet was out yesterday.
Old 08-05-15, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Good to hear...the new land is Old Town which we are in. If you say you have defeated Razi...have you done The Pit and escaped? I should be on tonight and we're about to start Old Town....internet was out yesterday.
I believe so. I got to meet someone to take me to Old Town. Wasn't sure about doing that yet as I don't know how easy it is to get back to the Slums and what not. I'm down this weekend though.
Old 08-05-15, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jacob_b View Post
I believe so. I got to meet someone to take me to Old Town. Wasn't sure about doing that yet as I don't know how easy it is to get back to the Slums and what not. I'm down this weekend though.
There is a poster in Old Town that fast travels you back to the slums.
Old 08-06-15, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
There is a poster in Old Town that fast travels you back to the slums.
A poster...that is interesting and...strange lol
Old 08-06-15, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep...just like a Poster that travels you to the Bozak Horde mode. I'm sure we'll be going back there anyways since we still have a few things to do. I didn't do much last night except open up three safe houses and looked around from the roofs. My friend got pulled into doing some Destiny...which she regretted later...so we didn't play co-op.

I did look around from a tower and we're trying to figure out is some of it the new DLC coming? Across the bay there is a larger city with hills and land to the North. But to the south there is a more open land but little of buildings. In one of the shots from the DLC, it's a plant of some kind but the soldier standing on top doesn't have the same uniform as the troops under Razi(?)...notice no Yellow on the uniform.
Old 08-16-15, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dying Light is $29.99 at Best Buy this week.....and even more details and footage of The Following is out.....you get a Crossbow, Buggies upgradable, a driver ranking and carry items from The Slums and Old Town over.
Old 08-22-15, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Devs are doing a live stream of the new upcoming DLC The Following sometime tonight....

Techland will be hosting a livestream on Twitch showcasing the upcoming DLC for Dying Light, The Following, Saturday at 10am PDT (6pm CET).
Old 08-26-15, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FWIW...a free demo is out today for the PS4, Xbox One and PC

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.