Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Division -- Xbox One/PS4 -- March 8th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-16, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Division -- Xbox One/PS4 -- March 8th, 2016

Originally Posted by edstein
What determines which items are free for anyone to take vs. only for you in the dark zone? I'm talking about after you die and you drop items.
Random 3 if youre not rogue. If you are rogue it depends on your rogue level.
Old 05-31-16, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Anyone still playing? I'd love to have some decent folks to run around the DZ with... I keep getting back stabbed or smoked playing solo. I had one great group the first time I played and have been killed by Rogues time and time again since.... that said, it's fun as hell and feels great to actually pull off an extraction.
Old 05-31-16, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really need to get back to playing, but haven't really had the time since Uncharted 4 came out.
Old 06-01-16, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Anyone still playing? I'd love to have some decent folks to run around the DZ with... I keep getting back stabbed or smoked playing solo. I had one great group the first time I played and have been killed by Rogues time and time again since.... that said, it's fun as hell and feels great to actually pull off an extraction.

We're on the PS4 and haven't been back since that last update where they made it possible to "cut the cord' to one's supplies and steal them along with other upgrades in the DZ. My friend went in there solo and regretted it. She got attacked by groups and got killed at least 3-4 times. It's basically back to not knowing who you can trust if others are around the evacuation zone. And not only that "Groups" were basically staying close to the zones just waiting to take others out...which is what happened to her. She said they were all fighting off the bad guys but when she put her stuff on the rope...stabbed in the back and they stole her stuff.....neither she or me has played in almost three weeks. Grabbed Fallout 4 on sale and been playing that instead.
Old 06-01-16, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if it's on PS4 or Xbox One (I'm on PC, by the way), there's more to do in solo environment now such as Search & Destroy, HVT (high value target), and Incursion (two locations) which prove some challenge for us and advance equipment.
Old 06-01-16, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think we just needed a break from the fear of getting into a 'Destiny Raiding Rut' scenario...where you felt like it was daily missions and that's it. We completed he campaign story and was left with the daily stuff. Just wanted to break it up and try the DZ which was a disaster. We needed a bit more in the weapon area but you need to go into the DZ for a better chance at higher level gear. We just started to get a felling of being....stuck.
Old 06-01-16, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I think we just needed a break from the fear of getting into a 'Destiny Raiding Rut' scenario...where you felt like it was daily missions and that's it. We completed he campaign story and was left with the daily stuff. Just wanted to break it up and try the DZ which was a disaster. We needed a bit more in the weapon area but you need to go into the DZ for a better chance at higher level gear. We just started to get a felling of being....stuck.
Actually, you don't have to go in DZ to get better equipment. I have been getting higher level gears by playing HVT. I'm at 155 gear rating and I haven't even go in DZ. I think the 1.2 patch made it happened.

I think you can also get high level gears in Incursion. I haven't try it yet - no team.
Old 06-01-16, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
We're on the PS4 and haven't been back since that last update where they made it possible to "cut the cord' to one's supplies and steal them along with other upgrades in the DZ. My friend went in there solo and regretted it. She got attacked by groups and got killed at least 3-4 times. It's basically back to not knowing who you can trust if others are around the evacuation zone. And not only that "Groups" were basically staying close to the zones just waiting to take others out...which is what happened to her. She said they were all fighting off the bad guys but when she put her stuff on the rope...stabbed in the back and they stole her stuff.....neither she or me has played in almost three weeks. Grabbed Fallout 4 on sale and been playing that instead.
This is my experience as well... dude helped me fight off an army of bad guys, grab some decent loot and then backstabbed me at extraction. At one point I had enough Phoenix credits to buy a nice weapon but my level wasn't high enough... now almost all my credits are gone and I'm still Level 11.

On another note, I found a box that requires a key to open... where can I find the keys?
Old 06-01-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Usually in DZ, unfortunately. I got one key by using Ubisoft point and there's other way that has not happened to me but let me quote from Game Rant website:

There are two ways to get a Dark Zone Key. First, taking down high-level enemies. Once again, this will most easily be done with friends, though it’s currently unknown if AI enemies will drop a key for each player, or a single key for one person to claim. If it’s the latter, teams will need to communicate who gets what, or may find themselves fighting each other for the keys.

The other way to get a Dark Zone Key is to kill another player who has one. When a player dies in the Dark Zone, they lose three things: Dark Zone rank points, Dark Zone money, and Dark Zone Keys. Naturally, this shows the importance of choosing friends wisely, as anyone can kill anyone else and claim any dropped keys for themselves
Source
Old 06-27-16, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So maybe I'm playing wrong, but is there a faster way to level up? I'm about 20 hours in and only a level 23. Right now I'm basically doing side missions until I'm at a high enough level to play the next campaign mission. Is that the best way to progress through the game?
Old 06-28-16, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
So maybe I'm playing wrong, but is there a faster way to level up? I'm about 20 hours in and only a level 23. Right now I'm basically doing side missions until I'm at a high enough level to play the next campaign mission. Is that the best way to progress through the game?
Seriously just go back a few pages for all the tips on leveling up.
Old 06-28-16, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rival11
Seriously just go back a few pages for all the tips on leveling up.
You mean hot tips like this?

Originally Posted by Rival11
Yes, I do like how I can basically cheat and don't even need to take part to level up but that's my point.
Yeah, I'm not looking to level up by joining a high level rank game and hanging back. Just thought there might be something out there I was missing, like double XP events and whatnot.
Old 06-28-16, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Ha wtf man, why does everyone get so easily bent out of shape on these boards?? I placed the "Seriously" in front of my comments to even ensure that I wasn't being an ass and still get attitude.

No, you don't have to read my 'hot tips' - others have mentioned tips as well. You can also check out the news (it might not be called news) section in the game itself - they give you daily objectives and stuff.
Old 06-28-16, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No worries man, I'm just giving you shit. Unfortunately most of people from my friends list have moved on from this game. So at this point, I'm either running solo or getting placed with some randoms that are not much fun to run with. It sucks though because I think it's still a really good game and I have the season pass, so I'm on board for the long haul.
Old 06-28-16, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We haven't touched the game in probably 3+ weeks....not after my friend was jumped on thee times in the DZ getting stabbed in the back. We might get back eventually but we're having fun in Fallout 4 communicating on all the wild off the wall stuff we see and still have Dying Light which thankfully the Devs haven't messed with.

We loved The Division and had a good time but I was getting a feeling of, "oh gee wiz....will the Devs just leave their hands off or they going to mess it up like Destiny was messed up with too much meddling".
Old 06-28-16, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Level up quickly? Just do the secondary missions and when you feel comfortable and do the campaign mission.

I'm now on third character and I'm just breeze through missions like it's nothing. I think I'm at level 15 and I did that in 8 hours.
Old 06-28-16, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I would recommend not speeding through to the end game. The most fun I had was doing the regular missions with friends. The Dark Zone is where we all fell off, and most of us ended up trading the game in. However, I did have a lot of fun with the game before that.
Old 06-29-16, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's a grind to level up. I hit 30 the other day... I think the best way to earn XP are the main missions and then of course the side missions. There is no short-cut unfortunately; and certainly no double XP weekends or the like.
Old 06-29-16, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone have tried Underground? It's DLC that released yesterday.
Old 06-29-16, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You can't access the DLC until you complete the main story campaign, correct?
Old 06-29-16, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I'm missing something but I unlocked the High Value Target missions at level 30; however, I need to earn "points" to actually play those missions? WTF, I have to do some downright difficult missions to play some more equally frustrating, difficult missions?
Old 06-29-16, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
You can't access the DLC until you complete the main story campaign, correct?
I think when you reach level 30. I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by Rob V
Maybe I'm missing something but I unlocked the High Value Target missions at level 30; however, I need to earn "points" to actually play those missions? WTF, I have to do some downright difficult missions to play some more equally frustrating, difficult missions?
To earn Intel point, you need to go to any safe house and play Search and Destroy missions. You click on the map board to start it and go to three location within district and kill all bad guys. That will earn you some Intel points.
Old 07-25-16, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally finished up the story mode and then went around doing some side stuff until I hit level 30. I think I'm going to take a small break and then continue with the DLC.
Old 07-25-16, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finished the main story about two weeks back and couldn't care less to go back. It's just too much of a grind and accomplishing some of the missions for HVT or the DZ is just too frustrating.
Old 07-25-16, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't even touched the DZ yet, and based on some of the responses here, probably never will.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.