DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Tales From the Borderlands: An Episodic Game Series from Telltale Games (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615824-tales-borderlands-episodic-game-series-telltale-games.html)

chuckd21 11-13-14 05:50 PM

Re: Tales From the Borderlands: An Episodic Game Series from Telltale Games

Okay, I'd play that.

shizawn 11-13-14 06:07 PM

Looking forward to both this and Game of Thrones series. Still unsure if I'll wait until most or all of the episodes are released though.

RocShemp 11-13-14 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12301121)
Oh yeah, you want it.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/HYifuOyDdR4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/HYifuOyDdR4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Never played Borderlands but will play this because it's from Telltale games. Same with their upcoming GoT game.

Solid Snake 11-13-14 08:25 PM

Fuck. I've been busy fucking about w/ some personal shit for months that I've forgotten to beat season 2 of Walking dead and Wolf among us. I'm so behind on my gaming.

Music 11-13-14 08:32 PM

That's nice...

MoviePage 11-25-14 11:45 AM

Out today on PC, PS3, and PS4. XB1 tomorrow, 360 on 12/3.

slop101 11-25-14 01:46 PM

This has been getting pretty good reviews, although I'm not a fan of these types of "games" that are really just interactive movies rather than actual games.

chuckd21 11-25-14 01:47 PM

Today? Jesus. TOO MANY GAMES.

The Questyen 11-28-14 11:04 PM

Played through episode 1 today in one sitting. It felt a little longer than the average Telltale episode. I'm a big fan of the Borderlands games and the recent Telltale stuff and this was a great mix of the two styles. Liked the switching between the two main characters.

starseed1981 12-01-14 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 12317546)
Played through episode 1 today in one sitting. It felt a little longer than the average Telltale episode. I'm a big fan of the Borderlands games and the recent Telltale stuff and this was a great mix of the two styles. Liked the switching between the two main characters.

Yeah, I should've never doubted that this would be excellent. It was fantastic. And the Telltale engine jankiness appears to be fixed!

d2cheer 12-01-14 09:10 AM

Can someone explain how this will be different from a regular Borderlands game? I really have no knowledge of Telltale games...

Thanks,

Deftones 12-01-14 09:12 AM

They are basically point and click type games. It's not a shooter like a typical Borderlands game is.

mndtrp 12-01-14 02:10 PM

If you want an idea, I think one of the Telltale games has a free episode available on the PSN. Be it Back to the Future or The Walking Dead, I'm not sure.

CKMorpheus 12-01-14 07:04 PM

Beat the first episode with my wife in one sitting. We had a blast, her making Fiona's choices, and me making Rhys' choices. Can't wait for Game of Thrones tomorrow and TFTB Ep 02 whenever that comes out.

chase3001 12-01-14 07:36 PM

This was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the "Borderlands" humour. It helps as well if you have played the previous games, as they reference a lot of characters from them.

ultimaton 12-02-14 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus (Post 12320186)
Beat the first episode with my wife in one sitting. We had a blast, her making Fiona's choices, and me making Rhys' choices. Can't wait for Game of Thrones tomorrow and TFTB Ep 02 whenever that comes out.

I love this idea. I played through yesterday solo before I saw this post, but I might replay it with my wife this way tonight if I can pry her away from the Pre-Sequel long enough.

shizawn 03-08-15 03:18 PM

Episode 2 will be released on the week of the 17th, Gearbox announced today at PAX.

shizawn 06-18-15 10:52 PM

Episode 3, Catch a Ride, releases on the 23rd.

I picked up the game during the Steam sale a couple days ago and loved the first two episodes.

shizawn 08-12-15 06:11 PM

Episode 4, Escape Plan Bravo, releases on August 18th (PC, PS3, PS4) and 19th (Xbox 360, One).

dsa_shea 08-12-15 09:26 PM

I will be getting this once it hits disc. Look forward to it.

slop101 08-12-15 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 12560661)
I will be getting this once it hits disc. Look forward to it.

Speaking of which, when is that? Is episode 4 the last one, or is there another?

dsa_shea 08-12-15 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 12560684)
Speaking of which, when is that? Is episode 4 the last one, or is there another?

I think they have 5 episodes planned and then we should be able to expect the disc 2-3 months later. At least that is what I hope. I'm not in a huge hurry and would prefer to have the whole game on disc and be able to play it all the way through.

starseed1981 08-13-15 08:27 AM

Awesome news on episode 4. Literally, my only complaint with this one is the irregularity at which the episodes come out. I'm totally down to replay this thing once the physical disc hits as well.

shizawn 08-19-15 04:56 PM

Reviews seem all over the place, but I thought it was the best episode so far. The gunfight scene, though totally superfluous, was hilarious.

Regarding one the characters,
Spoiler:
I was surprised how much I was bothered by Scooter's death. Catch-A-Ride! :(

starseed1981 08-24-15 11:54 AM

I actually thought Episode 4 was bad. Easily the worst of the ones released so far despite having a fairly cool ending. Also, not that I expect much from these in the gameplay department...but this one was practically a cut scene.