Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead: Season Two (Telltale Games)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Walking Dead: Season Two (Telltale Games)

Old 12-18-13, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two (Telltale Games)

I played most of it last night but didn't finish. I started it late and my wife needed to get in bed and she wants to watch me play all of it since she followed the first season.

I have never, ever, been as emotionally attached to and invested in a character in a video game as I am with Clementine. It's amazing what they have done with this character. She has such amazing facial expressions and it just breaks my heart. It's very weird, they make me truly feel like her caretaker, a father figure. I want to be able to jump into the game to protect her. I have never felt like that while playing a game before.

My wife laughs at me when I play this game, especially last night with this episode. My mouth literally fell open near the start and I'm on the edge of my seat, again literally, for most of the time I'm playing.

Last edited by Brent L; 12-18-13 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-18-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

So spoilers for the end of the game that has a preview of the next episode...

Spoiler:
You see Clementine say "I thought you were dead!" to someone. Any guesses who returns?
Old 12-19-13, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Soul crushing is back!
Old 12-19-13, 08:56 AM

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Thought the beginning was a little weak:

Spoiler:
Omid and Clarissa send Clementine into an unexplored bathroom by herself, with nobody standing guard?

But it got better.
Old 12-19-13, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post

Spoiler:
Omid and Clarissa send Clementine into an unexplored bathroom by herself, with nobody standing guard?

But it got better.
Yeah, that was weird but it got better the second it happened. I certainly didn't expect
Spoiler:
Omid to be killed like that! I thought he was going to be a huge deal this season. I couldn't care less about Clarissa, I hope she's dead and doesn't come back. I never cared for that character, ever.
Old 12-19-13, 09:03 AM

It's odd that that character never explained it all.
Old 12-19-13, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Spoiler:

But it got better.
Originally Posted by Brent L View Post
Yeah, that was weird but it got better the second it happened. I certainly didn't expect
Spoiler:
Omid to be killed like that! I thought he was going to be a huge deal this season. I couldn't care less about Clarissa, I hope she's dead and doesn't come back. I never cared for that character, ever.
I guess it shows that you don't care about her when...
Spoiler:
You both call her Clarissa instead of Christa
Old 12-19-13, 10:28 AM

And then I made a joke about her name that doesn't even make sense. I need to lay off the holiday egg nog.
Old 12-19-13, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just typed that as her name because I couldn't remember it in the first place and was just pasting what Groucho called her, lol.
Old 12-19-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
So spoilers for the end of the game that has a preview of the next episode...

Spoiler:
You see Clementine say "I thought you were dead!" to someone. Any guesses who returns?
Spoiler:
Kenny!
Old 12-19-13, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone notice at the end that the guy that the name of the guy that voiced Carlos is Kid Beyond?
Old 12-22-13, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just read that the season pass for sony will be released on tuesday the 24th and will only cost $14.99 to make up for the delay.
Old 12-22-13, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Matt925 View Post
Just read that the season pass for sony will be released on tuesday the 24th and will only cost $14.99 to make up for the delay.
I'm going to assume this is PS3 only.
Old 12-22-13, 08:11 PM

Will this be available on Xbox One?
Old 12-22-13, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Do choices you made in season one have any effect for Season two? I have S1 on 360 but if it's gonna be cheaper on PS3 I'll make the switch.
Old 12-23-13, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
Do choices you made in season one have any effect for Season two? I have S1 on 360 but if it's gonna be cheaper on PS3 I'll make the switch.
Yes, the decisions from the 400 Days DLC from season 1 carry over too, though not until a later episode.

One of the first thing that happens when you start playing Season 2 is a search for a Season 1 save file.

Probably not worth saving a couple bucks by switching platforms unless you're an extreme cheapskate.
Old 12-25-13, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I went to buy the Season Pass last night. Loaded up my 360 this morning to play episode one. Come to find out episode one is separate from the season pass. What kind of shit false advertisement is that?! A season pass implies that you get the whole season! Now i have no points left in my account and can't play episode one unless i pay another $5. I love telltale games and all but that is a dick move to trick consumers!
Old 12-25-13, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 376 Likes on 274 Posts

I went to buy the Season Pass last night. Loaded up my 360 this morning to play episode one. Come to find out episode one is separate from the season pass. What kind of shit false advertisement is that?! A season pass implies that you get the whole season! Now i have no points left in my account and can't play episode one unless i pay another $5. I love telltale games and all but that is a dick move to trick consumers!
I agree that is bullshit, but it does say in the description that you have to buy episode 1 as it is not included.

Buy The Walking Dead: Season 2 SEASON PASS for the best value on remaining episodes (Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically) in the 5-part series once available to download. All Season Pass content will be available by Fall 2014. If you purchase this Season Pass, all future Season Pass content will be accessible in-game once available. Do not download from the Xbox Games Store, or you will be charged twice. The Walking Dead: Season 2, Ep. 1 All That Remains game required; sold separately.
Old 12-29-13, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I loved this episode. A lot.

But...uhhhh it mentioned things that didn't happen in my Season 1.

Now I recently played my season 1 again but it did have some issues. It said it couldn't find the storage deceive. That was like 4 times. And I kept lee's arm. But Clem mentioned about the arm being cut off. Also also I look at my games the little icon for S1 sometimes shows it as trial but sometimes not, even showing my achievement score on there.

Anyone have issues like that?

Last edited by Solid Snake; 12-30-13 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-29-13, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 168 Posts

That's got to be a 360 thing because on the PS3 all I needed was the season pass. I didn't have to buy episode 1 separately.
Old 01-13-14, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I was disappointed that
Spoiler:
Sam the dog didn't become a season long companion.

When I completed the episode, I was surprised that I was among the minority who
Spoiler:
ran to the guy with ammo rather than the guy who had just been bitten and was out of ammo. He's a goner, why go to him?
Old 01-19-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
When I completed the episode, I was surprised that I was among the minority who
Spoiler:
ran to the guy with ammo rather than the guy who had just been bitten and was out of ammo. He's a goner, why go to him?
Because
Spoiler:
the kid with the ammo would probably manage to get Clem killed somehow (speaking in-world), while his uncle was an experienced outdoorsman who could still potentially be saved with a little chop-chop.
Old 01-19-14, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clem would know that wouldn't work though depending on how Lee went about that.

I went old guy. He gave a damn about me, Least I could do was risk it for him.
Old 02-21-14, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Episode 1 is 99 cents on XBLA today only. Just bought and played through it in one sitting.

Spoiler:

But it got better.
Spoiler:
I got the impression from both the dialogue and a subtle look from Omid that he and Christa were going into the other bathroom for a bit of "private time."
Old 02-24-14, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ah come on, you got hung up on that Groucho?

Spoiler:

How the hell Clementine be so careless with the gun? I was trying to pick it up and the stupid game won't let me, it's an obvious setup for the next thing that's going to happen. Where the hell the black girl comes from? Out of nowhere and apparently her only reason is to kill off Omid.

Obviously the game is all about storytelling, the limited options you can make are meant to push the story forward... Here's one thing I can't get over (I don't have a dog so maybe someone with a dog answer me this question).

Spoiler:

Why Clementine was able to calm down the dog before opening the can of beans? Why the dog can't smell the can of bean in the garbage? Do dogs kill for beans anyway? It sounds like a dumb thing that just push the story forward and force the audience to make a "difficult" decision.

Worse of all... What kind of twisted group of adults who....
Spoiler:

Won't mend the wounds of a little girl?!?! You know, disinfect the cut and sew up the wound? It seems fairly easy to do when Clementine did it. How can anyone be so heartless and say "wait till the morning?" It doesn't make sense! If you want to wait and see, at least tend the wound to minimize the chance of having another Walker. You don't waste a lot of supplies, we're not talking about penicillin or antibiotics.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.