Deleted bogus wiki
Print Wikipost

Xbox One: S $249 Now / X $499 November 7 2017

Old 08-28-20, 12:36 PM
Cool New Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Xbox One: S $249 Now / X $499 November 7 2017

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Gotta agree to disagree. I kept trying to navigate to a Home Page in the store and just kept exiting the Store. When I tried to find Games with Gold I kept coming to a page that described the benefits of Gold without ever finding the games. It's very weird, as I have been a Gold member every day since the inception of the program. It shouldn't be this difficult for me to find.
I will try to add GwG to the Home page, but I have to find it first. Have found the store way more confusing than it's ever been.

You're making it more difficult than it has to be. You shouldn't be going to the microsoft store *at all* for Games with Gold.

1. On your home page scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says Add More. Click See All Suggestions.
2. Click the right bumper once on the next screen to go to From Xbox.
3. Click on Games With Gold to add a pin to your home page.

You now have a Games with Gold pin on your home page. When you click on that tile it takes you to the three games available to download. And also shows a preview video for the next month's games (if they've been announced yet).

You can also do the same with Game Pass and it gives you a dedicated tile to Game Pass where you can search all the game pass games or just go to recently downloaded, ect. You can also rearrange what order the tiles show up on your homepage by using the select button or whatever it's called to move them up or down just like you can to organize your games.
Old 08-28-20, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I'm with Decker. I hate the jumbled mess of an Xbox store.
I mean it's such a mess I can't imagine it doesn't hurt their sale numbers. On the PS4 Store, I can see right away the featured games and sales and scroll right to them. On the Xbox it is a chore to even find the new games and the sales. The Game Pass stuff is prominent and easy to find, but almost everything seems hidden to the point of having to navigate to the magnifying glass and search for the individual title. Browsing is extremely difficult to do.
Old 08-28-20, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts

What is the deal with the Xbox Interface in general? It feels like it gets more convoluted and less clear with every iteration.
Old 08-28-20, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Whomever's idea it was to put the search/sort(? going off memory here) buttons 2/3rds of the way down the screen between all the content tiles should be fired. That's just "first year design student" awful.
Old 09-01-20, 12:43 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 104 Likes on 90 Posts

Could someone please tell me, if i have update console, apps, games automatically checked, why i would have to go into updates screen and manually update some games (not all mind you, just some)? Thanks in advance.