Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-15, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Originally Posted by Gooter
((squinting)) Yeah, that's waaaayyy too big.

That's odd...was absolutely enormous on my work PC.

Old 03-11-15, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

PSA: Shamrock color palette available in market for 1 credit.

Old 03-11-15, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah! Thanks for the FYI.

Edit: Thanks again, picked it up last night. Did they do the Valentine's color palette this year too?

Last edited by Gooter; 03-12-15 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-12-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That St Patty's day color palette is pretty awesome.

The deep blues, greens and oranges along with the "cream" colors look great in a whole variety of applications. I totally have a green Rhino Prime now! And Saryn. And Nova, with a big green Molecular Prime.

And yeah, they did Valentines again...pinks, reds and chocolates.
Old 03-14-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Hey Chess

First thanks again for trying on the T3 Survival...three times and still no Nova part but hey; lots of Ducants

I know you don't care for Limbo and after ready the Wiki I can see why especially if someone just starts tossing Banish and Cataclysm left and right. But I've been reading the mechanics of The Rift Plane and I actually see a huge plus for Banishing Allies. At first I was like...why do you want to Banish Allies. Now I see why....

Any combatant within the rift cannot strike combatants that are in the material plane. Any combatant in the material plane cannot strike combatants in the rift. Simply put, all weapon attacks are ineffective across the different planes. Melee attacks cannot stagger enemies, and element procs do not occur. Enemies do "aggro" and attempt to attack banished Warframes, and physical bodies still experience collision.

Warframe abilities, on the other hand, do affect combatants across planes. Some Warframes can take advantage of a Limbo-aided playstyle, as being banished not only affords them safety from attacks, but also because Warframes in the rift gain 2 energy per second

I know you probably know all this but in the case of a Tower 3 or 4 Defense, wouldn't Banish one key player with a wide AOE like your Sayrn or Nova be useful to make sure one stays alive while being immune to attacks? Plus using Rift Walk allows Limbo revive allies while being immune to damage.

I'm reading on Cataclysm in the Wiki where they sort of compare it to Snow Globe where everyone in it will be on the rift Plane and be immune to damage but only allowed to use their abilities instead of just casting Banish on one player.

If there is a drawback and correct me if I'm wrong is to take advantage of his abilities to their fullest you almost have to cast two abilities instead of just one. To use Rift Surge Buff to weapon damage you first have to Banish enemies to The Rift or use Cataclysm which itself seems to be one of those where Range, Efficiency, Duration and Strength all have pros & cons attached so might be tricky to fine tune.

One of my favorite guides is CalpsoGaming YouTube showing builds and found it interesting on what he did. essentially three builds...Infested defense, Tower Defense and Tower Solo exteriminate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNLiQYJTYL0

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-14-15 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-14-15, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The level of coordination you need to make Limbo anything other than annoying is pretty high, and you have to remember that when you bring him, you're NOT bringing somebody else who might be more useful without being annoying.

I dunno, maybe I'll run into somebody who can really use his highly specialized skill set, but thus far, even the good Limbos are more annoying than useful.
Old 03-15-15, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Me and kanjji id a few runs in the Tower Exterminate yesterday. She didn't have hers hardly leveled but I was able to use Banish & Rift Walk. She went down a few times and used Rift Walk to revive her without any damage what-so-ever. And while in Rift Walk Banish one enemy, they go down and with the extra weapon buff had no problem at all...even with heavies. The other two abilities still have a ways to go.

I would later to try the "Globe" on a easy/medium Defense to test it out like in that video and maybe way later on a Tower 1 Defense with a Frost. But you're right about the coordination part since you're having to use essentially two abilities and when to put and pull someone out of the Rift. I still say Banishing one ally in order to protect them from any harm while they can still use their ability would be something worth a try.

Still like to get the Nova and Nyx Prime but that's becoming a pain....almost like doing the Mastery 11 Test. Be on later this evening....Zane is over and it's Earth Defense, Plants vs Zombies and who knows what else.
Old 03-15-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I need to play some PvZ sometime.

Banishing an enemy is...ok I guess. You just have to remember that nobody else can kill it, nor do they know when it's coming out of the rift. It's a great power for accidental/purposeful trolling of teammates.

You'll get Nova Prime. Just a matter of time.
Old 03-17-15, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KSRpom7MikE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Excalibunny.

Just when you thought this game couldn't get more awesome!
Old 03-17-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

PS4 - Stolen Dreams and lots more...missions, goodies, fixes, add-ons, weapons, etc.....

...coming in at over 9+gb!!!!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...stolen-dreams/
Old 03-18-15, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That was a huge update Buzz. Took a minute or two to download!

I'm mixed about Spy 2.0. While I can see where they are going with it, I think it's a bit frustrating early on and will we incredibly easy later once you recognize all of the Spy tiles. But either way, it's better than the old Spy missions. That was probably my least favorite game type.

Jury is out on new weapons. Will have the pistols built by tomorrow night, and the melee weapon research is cooking in the dojo.

The relays look a lot better, and the particle effects are damn cool. Every time a primed enemy would explode, I was almost compelled to stop and watch the particles! So pretty.

I was able to grab 4 of the syndicate syandanas, and the other two will remain out of my reach unless they make them tradeable. No big deal though. I feel like the ones on the left side are the best of the bunch anyway.

Edit: I want this!

Last edited by chess; 03-18-15 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-18-15, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That last Spy Mission I'm stuck on...where you have to save all three and if just one fails that's it. I already have the Dual Ethers anyway but I'll take the Catalyst anyday...sure heck of a lot of butt ache to get though.

I need to read all the notes again...sure lot of stuff. I'd be tempted to find out how to take a Rhino pic and take somewhere that does 3D printing.........I wish they would offer more collectibles; they would be flying off the shelves.
Old 03-18-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They sold an Excalibur statue, and the Rhino one above is apparently in production...but check this out...

Upcoming relay statues...each tied to the planet where you get their parts:

That last Oberon one...wow.
Old 03-18-15, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As I recall they said the Excalibur sold out almost the instant it became available. I'd take ll of them but Frost might be a must considering they're about to ditch him. But yea...Oberon is a WOW!
Old 03-18-15, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You have a web link for these statues?
Old 03-19-15, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You have a web link for these statues?
To be clear, of the above, that first Rhino statue is the only physical statue that you'll be able to buy in the Warframe store. It was shown at Tenno Live at PAX East and will release...soonish? They previously released an Excalibur statue, which sold out immediately, as Buzz noted.

The rest are in-game statues that are planned for the relays (sort of like the Tower in Destiny but not dead and stupid) for the different planets. Here's the Rhino statue that's currently in all of the relays:

Old 03-19-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Over at the Wiki reading the post about Frost, Reaper and Latron Prime going to the "Prime Void Vault"...you think a member of everyone's family was going to prison...ticked off is putting it mildly.....which is happening on March 24th.

But about everyone wanted to know what if you had the "parts in your inventory, would you lose them? According to the administrator.....

Those that have Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime Parts in their inventory won't lose them, and you can still craft and trade parts with other players

And it looks like more and better stuff heading out way. believe this is the PC stuff but hopefully ours later on. Pretty cool look....where's Destiny's version?

https://warframe.com/sanctuary/?

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-19-15 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whoa, wait a minute... if I have all of Frost Prime's parts (systems, blueprint, helm, chassis) in my inventory, will I still be able to build him when I get the mats? Or do I have to make a mad dash to get the mats now before 3/24?

And, how are Latron and Reaper Prime? Worth trying to farm the parts now or are there better alternatives available?
Old 03-19-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Whoa, wait a minute... if I have all of Frost Prime's parts (systems, blueprint, helm, chassis) in my inventory, will I still be able to build him when I get the mats? Or do I have to make a mad dash to get the mats now before 3/24?

You'll still be able to build, sell and trade parts. It's just his drops in the Void are going away, anything you have will stay. Next week will be somewhat sad...Frost Prime is and has been a favorite of many and still one you see in any Defense Missions.
Old 03-20-15, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Imagine a game where new characters with crazy powers come out regularly...for free...and never have level cap increases.

I give you: Chroma

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tseneCFkq24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: Looks like they changed the helmet from the "sea horse" look to something a bit more conservative. My guess is that the new helmet was an "alternate" that became the primary and that the "sea horse" will now be an alternate. We'll see, but I think this one was the better choice.

Last edited by chess; 03-20-15 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-25-15, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Volt Prime and Odonata Prime are in the drop tables, and it's kind of nice, because there's a bit of overlap between the two. I got a couple of Volt parts last night even with very limited play time, and the chassis seems to be the hard part (T3 Survival rotation C).

Maybe after Bloodborne week!
Old 03-25-15, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still need that one elusive Nova part which I believe is in T3 Survival as well not to mention the other two Nyx parts. kanji has three of the Messa keys and I have one which we were trying to hold on for jfull and Sith 9if and when he ever gets back on) since it was the four of us who did the first batch of 12 runs. But I don't know if jfull has all the Messa gear or not; but kanjji does and has her built(?).

If I knew there would be a group doing the T3 Survival I'd be on but seems four or five are already in place for a few hours. The other night me and kanji were trying to finish spots on planets not completed or unlocked yet. She has a lot not opened.

And Bloodborne will take awhile; a all new combat system where just one second can mean if you live or die literally. The world and atmosphere is a far cry from the futuristic worlds of Warframe and Destiny. I'll be back in Warframe here and there; either to help kanji or squeeze into some Tower runs for Prime parts. Heck...I'm even behind on my syndicate points which we've nicked at here and there getting the medallions.

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-25-15 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-25-15, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I would think that being overpowered in Warframe would be a nice change of pace from getting roflstomped in Bloodborne.

The drop rate on the Nova Chassis seems to be a bit higher now, which is the way it usually goes. I got one last night and have all the parts both you and Kanjii need if worst comes to worst.
Old 03-25-15, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
Yeah, I would think that being overpowered in Warframe would be a nice change of pace from getting roflstomped in Bloodborne.

The drop rate on the Nova Chassis seems to be a bit higher now, which is the way it usually goes. I got one last night and have all the parts both you and Kanjii need if worst comes to worst.

Well thanks...not sure what part)s) kanji needs but I'll trade Ducats if you want or if you can sell for play then go ahead. I don't mind doing some T3 runs...just depends if some want to run but with the new Prime stuff then it's win-win situation. If I can land the one missing Nova tonight I can have her ready for the weekend (Sunday?). And might try to get on a bit also to do a few Messa Part runs.

Besides...my butt is killing me from being kicked last night in Bloodborne....but still went back time-after-time.
Old 03-26-15, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got that last Volt piece last night. He's cooking and will be done first thing Sunday morning.

I had one last key and got in a random group who were sharing keys. One of them was a scammer, but the other two ran their keys with the same results we were getting (Akbronco Links and Forma), and then the third guy bailed when I pressed him to load his key. After he left, I went ahead and ran my very last T4C key for the remaining two guys, and we got the BP!

I sent the scammer a screenshot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.