Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-13, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

I just went on the Warframe Wiki to check Ember out...she is going to be seriously wicked! Talk about HOT!! I take you you got everything from drops or did you purchase or what?
Old 12-01-13, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased the blueprint a while back, without knowing I'd need to farm for the other blueprints. So then I worked on getting those as well.

When Update 11 hits they'll have something in place to get discounts on Platinum, but I'm not sure of the details.
Old 12-01-13, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh man, Ember is pretty badass so far. Only level 8, but the stuff it can do is pretty sick. Fireball isn't very good, but Fire Blast is sick. Looking forward to increasing it's mods more.
Old 12-01-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
Oh man, Ember is pretty badass so far. Only level 8, but the stuff it can do is pretty sick. Fireball isn't very good, but Fire Blast is sick. Looking forward to increasing it's mods more.

Sounds good...may have to hook up your "Ember" with my "Mag"....do some sort of a "Crush & Burn"...and I've already forgot what Chess Warframe does...just know it's cool as well.
Old 12-01-13, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sure, send me a friend request in game.

This weekend was really productive, especially considering I didn't play a whole lot. By tomorrow morning I'll finally have a Sentinel (Dethcube), also building a Seer and the Glaive. I've heard the Glaive is badass, so I'm really looking forward to that.
Old 12-01-13, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built Dethcube today, my second sentinel, and he's pretty cool. I leveled him up enough to add fire to his bullets and a laser when anybody gets close to me.

I have a ton of frame parts, and I'm only a control module away from building a Trinity or a Nova.

I also built a crazy Lord of the Rings looking sword. It's slow but fun to stun multiple enemies, and it has crazy reach.
Old 12-02-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
I built Dethcube today, my second sentinel, and he's pretty cool. I leveled him up enough to add fire to his bullets and a laser when anybody gets close to me.

I have a ton of frame parts, and I'm only a control module away from building a Trinity or a Nova.

I also built a crazy Lord of the Rings looking sword. It's slow but fun to stun multiple enemies, and it has crazy reach.
That sword drags the ground when you were standing still...as you said..."batter up!". And the Deathcub is a hoot. I can see a few of these at the same time plus throw in flashburn's Ember and it'll be a pyromania! I might break down and get one though Shade has saved me with cloak several times. I've had a group literately walk around me point blank and I pop Crush on them.

Played a bit more random's last night after a few rounds with Chess. Don't remember which mission..2-3rd on Earth with Defend against infected but it had those elite ones...tall, slow and throw out their arm out they were dime-a-dozen. My Burston didn't even effect them. Bullet damage was at (6) and it was mainly slash, run, use an ability and pray at the same time. That was an experience but I'm opening up more to do and so far randoms have been good. Gone down a few times and got healed. Usually a good sign versus some clowns who in some other games would walk by you to get the kills/points first.

I have noticed I'm getting more mods though for specific Warframes. Heck...I even got two last night for the Deathcube. Still nothing to help out the rifle damage though and that sucks. I'm using the pistols more and more since they have better mods. May have to consider another gun later on.
Old 12-02-13, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I might be wrong about this, but I think specific parts are linked to specific worlds. For instance, I was farming the Raptor assassination for a few days trying to get a control module (more on that in a second), and I kept getting blueprint parts for Nova. I actually have a few duplicates even.

Control Module: I spent my last 10 platinum on a control module so I could build Dethcube. All of the other parts are super easy to get, so if you're thinking about buying a different sentinel, try to be patient and you'll spend 10 platinum on the one part that's hard to get instead of spending 75 to buy the sentinel itself.

And I was thinking about making Nova my next build. I thought this video was pretty amusing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qOr1aV2toos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-02-13, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Each boss has a specific loot table, and it's always a main BP and the sub BP's for the main. They used to actually drop the item, but now you just get it when you complete the mission. I believe it's always BP's.
Old 12-02-13, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nova does seem pretty badass. That video makes me want to play it on the PC though. Those particle effects are fucking awesome.
Old 12-02-13, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nova does seem pretty badass.
I think the weak shield would be frustrating for me.

I'm actually still pretty sure Volt was a good choice for my style with decent all-around stats and solid area and projectile attacks. I also finally found a use for my shield ability...reviving! I was playing with another Volt and I went down, and they ran out, plopped down a shield in front of me and revived me in total safety. It was a legitimately badass move that I hadn't really considered.

Ember sounds a little bit like Volt, just with fire instead of electric.

That video makes me want to play it on the PC though. Those particle effects are fucking awesome.
I'm told that graphical comparisons are worthy of ridicule*, so I'm just going to laugh at you and make a joke about Pees.

*as of November 2013
Old 12-02-13, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the weak shield would be frustrating for me.

I'm actually still pretty sure Volt was a good choice for my style with decent all-around stats and solid area and projectile attacks. I also finally found a use for my shield ability...reviving! I was playing with another Volt and I went down, and they ran out, plopped down a shield in front of me and revived me in total safety. It was a legitimately badass move that I hadn't really considered.

Ember sounds a little bit like Volt, just with fire instead of electric.

I'm told that graphical comparisons are worthy of ridicule*, so I'm just going to laugh at you and make a joke about Pees.

*as of November 2013

I think between a maxed out +Shield mod and the Shield/HP mod that's in the $150 Platinum pack (come on 75% off sale!), any of the more frail Warframes won't have any problems.

Ember doesn't have ANY defensive capabilities though. All offense, and frail as hell. Rains death though (not literally though ).
Old 12-02-13, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ember seems all area of attack and little else, and now I know which Warframe turns my screen all red, which makes me want to kick a kitten. It seems to me that anything I'd want to do with Ember, I can do almost as well with Volt but with a couple of defensive abilities as well (speed and shield).

But I've decided. It's going to be Rhino.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZcIeEVeZtfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And my new giant sword.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GEADZ8DUlVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With Dethcube and, I dunno, some guns I use occassionally on flying enemies.
Old 12-02-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And my third slot is going to be Frost.

Snow Globe is legitimately badass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F82Q3sUex9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-02-13, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe those take up 2 slots each.

I'm at the point now where I need more Orikin Reactors/Catalysts, but I only have 18 platinum left. I guess I'll just deal with it until the sale.
Old 12-02-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't even know that frames taking up two slots was a thing.

I thought if I had three slots, I could have three frames.

Guess I'll just have two then, but I've gotta say...the more I see of Frost, the more I think he fits my style. Snow Globe, in particular, protects from the shooting enemies that always seem to be the ones that kill me and also slows the rushing enemies, and it happens to look incredibly cool.
Old 12-02-13, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't even know that frames taking up two slots was a thing.

I thought if I had three slots, I could have three frames.

Guess I'll just have two then, but I've gotta say...the more I see of Frost, the more I think he fits my style. Snow Globe, in particular, protects from the shooting enemies that always seem to be the ones that kill me and also slows the rushing enemies, and it happens to look incredibly cool.
Only some of them only take up a single slot, it may only be the three you can choose from at the start of the game.
Old 12-02-13, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Then I will have to chose wisely...do I tank it up as Rhino, or do I all-around it with Frost?

Leaning toward Frost. Iron skinning and hacking sounds hilarous, but it would probably wear thin at some point.

I think I already sold Excalibur...no idea why I picked him instead of Mag.
Old 12-02-13, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, Void missions are awesome. Get a Prime BP each time, and 12K+ credits. That was for a T1 Exterminate, takes about 5 minutes each run, and it was really easy. Too bad the keys are one time use.
Old 12-03-13, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I did a survival one, but I don't remember getting anything all that special for it. Of course, I was also doing it solo, and it's tough to farm in survival, so that didn't help.

We should definitely make sure we team up when we use keys, because you can apparently come in via invite.

In other "mistakes made by Chess" news, selling weapons is no good, and I've sold several. The rank (not the level) system is based on leveling up weapons and frames, so you should level up guns to 30 even if you don't like them before you sell them. Just stick them in a slot and use your other ones. Same goes for frames. Get another one as soon as you can, and start leveling it.

It also seems that when you buy a weapon rather than a blueprint, you generally get another slot with it as well, but I'm not sure if that applies to the ones you buy for credit rather than platinum.

I think I'm hitting the paywall, and I've wasted most of my platinum just through sheer ignorance. I wish I could start over, even if I didn't have the PS Plus bonuses, as I haven't bought anything of consequence that I couldn't have built other than potatoes, and I only put one of those to proper use.

Is there a way to start from scratch?
Old 12-03-13, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You get the BP's on completion, just like when you do a boss level. Maybe it's only a chance of getting them, but I'm 2/2 so far.

I had to invite randoms/clan members. I did invite you, but I guess you were busy.

Shit, I didn't know they give you slots when you buy stuff, that's cool.

What's the paywall? Just no potatoes? That's not the end of the world. You can occasionally get them from Alerts. Plus we should be able to buy platinum at a discount soon.

You could use a different PSN account, but that's the only way.
Old 12-03-13, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FWIW Chess...the Regen for the Sentinel according to the wiki...

This mod does not actually revive the Sentinel, but instead it automatically heals the Sentinel a certain percent depending on the fusion rank when it reaches 0 health.

Rank -Effect-Cost
0-----58% 2 C10
1-----67% 3 C10
2-----75% 4 C10
3-----83% 5 C10
4-----92% 6 C10
5-----100% 7 C10

I really want to try a shotgun but I saw some stuff on the wiki I need to read more of in regards to weapon types and their effects. I've ended up with more shotgun mods than the rifle and use the dual pistols more.
Old 12-03-13, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You get the BP's on completion, just like when you do a boss level. Maybe it's only a chance of getting them, but I'm 2/2 so far.
I don't have any prime blueprints. I remember the payout being pretty decent, but I didn't get anything that jumped out at me.

I had to invite randoms/clan members. I did invite you, but I guess you were busy.
Was I in Warframe at the time? I think that's they only way you see invites for the game. It doesn't seem to be integrated with the PS4 at the system level at all.

K&A and I have been setting up party chat just so we can navigate between the game and menus, and that's probably the way to do it. We should set up a night of void keys on here and then hook up via party chat. I think I have three keys after using the one.

Shit, I didn't know they give you slots when you buy stuff, that's cool.
I'm not sure that it's always the case, but I think I'm gonna buy the 75K shotgun tonight to test it. I think it is the case for all of the guns you buy with platinum, and some even seem to come with potatoes.

What's the paywall? Just no potatoes? That's not the end of the world. You can occasionally get them from Alerts. Plus we should be able to buy platinum at a discount soon.
I actually think potatoes shouldn't even be bothered with until you're 100% sure that you have the frame/weapons that you're going to stick with.

The paywall is the slots, I think. You need to level up tons of stuff to increase your rank, and your options are to buy more slots or to just rank stuff up for the sake of ranking it up (grinding) and then selling it. I also feel like I'm underpowered to get to the worlds I need to farm the stuff I need to progress.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to spend some money on the game, because I'm enjoying it, but I've also made a ton of mistakes and wasted a lot of time and resources, because the game doesn't explain anything.
Old 12-03-13, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Repeating this from my wall of text above, because I don't want it to get lost in the mix:

We should set up a night to use all of our void keys together. We'd have to hook up on party chat and then take turns hosting and using our keys. That way we could maximize our void rewards.

I used one of mine, not understanding that they were one time use, but I have at least two or three left. I also have some kind of clan key.

I can do it almost any night, provided I have some warning. I'm on eastern time, so the earlier the better.
Old 12-03-13, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Meh, the patch isn't coming this week. They said it's a week or two away. I think I'm going to stop playing (or play a lot less) until the patch comes out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.