DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615288-warframe-pc-ps4-xb1-ninjas-play-free.html)

flashburn 01-15-14 01:49 PM

re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Nice, thanks for the tips.

I'll check my stash when I get home. I do plan on still playing on the PS4 more, just haven't had the time.

edit: Sorry Chess, no Blaze.

K&AJones 01-15-14 04:02 PM

I know I don't have that one for the shotgun. Maybe Incendiary Coat?

Toyed with the Soma for two missions...now Level 7 and already see the difference. I saw more "yellow numbers' than any other gun has produced. It will get a potato and it's time to send the Gorgon off into the Warframe sunset.

And thanks guys for the tips on the farming. I guess I'll start looking at both areas.

flashburn 01-15-14 04:11 PM

BTW Mimas is no longer Infestation, it's Grineer. The only Infestation you find now is in Infestation events.

flashburn 01-15-14 04:22 PM

Woot, 11.7 is being put up now. Another new weapon. Infestation nail gun that puts guys into a wall like the Boltor/Bolto, and has the highest proc rate of any gun yet.

Wait until you guys use the Drakgoon. That's the Flak cannon they added in 11.6. It's fucking awesome. Has two firing modes, one that has a wide spread and if you hold down the trigger it focuses it, pretty much a sniper rifle at that point. The flak can also bounce off of objects (one time I believe).

edit: Meh, the new gun is a secondary pistol. I'm not nearly as interested in it now.

K&AJones 01-16-14 06:48 AM

I did a few Apollodorus a few times with my Ash and new Soma. It's good and quick along with a bunch of cores to sell off. I've done Mimas with Chess but with my Rhino mainly to land a Orokin Cell.

Good time last night doing several nightmare runs and finally landing the big prize...Hammer Shot. Wouldn't mind doing that more...a simple 5 min run. Shame on on the Stalker; so close.

After you left Chess I did a few more defends and tried Trinity again. I'm putting her away till she's fixed. I have two abilities on her (Level 17)...Well of Life and Energy Vampire. I got the dreaded "Power In Use" again but this time with both abilities and for three rounds I couldn't cast nothing. From what I read the only fix is to die and revive to get rid of it.

Ash is Level 27 and liking him. Actually in Survival he does fairly well but 50/50 on potato for him. I have found he is very agile an can get up high and on walls easier than others.

Mag Prime will be ready in one more day. Call it a hunch but I think she still has something. It's not Pull or Crush I see but Bullet Attractor and Shield Polarize. It's Shield polarize I want to work on and see how it does with a Nova's Prime or Rhino's Stomp on Corpus. Use her for them like Ember on Infested.

flashburn 01-16-14 08:11 AM

It seems like as of 11.5 Appolodorus is much better for XP than Mimas, but of course no chance of Orikin Cells at Appolodorus. It's mainly better because the layouts seem better with that tileset, but that might of just been bad luck. Appolodorus is also easier, but with the same XP per kill obviously.

Shield Polarize is bizarre. I don't think it's working right. It's supposed to just drain shields, but I think what it does is a % of shield (which can be over 100%) so then it in turn does damage to health. So if something has shields on it, it can do a shit ton of damage and kill a lot of guys, but if they don't have shields it does nothing. I'm pretty sure it isn't working as intended.

I'm afraid to see what kind of nerfs are coming to Rhino, as it seems like on the PC side it's easily the most played class, and the strongest as things currently stand. I bet they reduce his Iron Skin and also make it so you can be knocked down while it's active.

chess 01-16-14 08:32 AM

Yeah, I was super happy to see Hammer Shot drop for you guys, and also because I knew I could pretty easily trade it for Blaze, which I did. Also, thanks for the electric shotgun mod. I look forward to combining all of the elements on the Sweeper when I get it ranked back up from being forma'd. I think I want to run magnetic and gas on it, but I may play with the combos a bit.

That's only the second or third time I've killed the Stalker, and I still haven't seen him drop a BP. It's kind of frustrating to be honest. He has a something like 2.5% chance of showing up if you have a death mark, and he's hard to evade and kill before he gets his target, and even if you do manage to kill him, all I've seen him drop are mods. But I was happy to see that my Rage/Quick combo worked when he tried to take me down. I just wish I'd had my Soma equipped so I could contribute meaningfully to taking him down.

I'll be interested in seeing how Mimas changes with Grineer instead of Infested. The tilesets for both are very much luck of the draw, and they both have a couple of good rooms if you get them. I will likely be spending some time on Appolodorus tonight just for easy sentinel kills since I just forma'd the Sweeper.

Agree that Mag is potentially interesting and that Ash is pretty good in a simple kind of way. Like Frost, Mag probably just needs a speed mod so she isn't so painful to play. I want to understand the appeal of Trinity, but I don't. I think Mag Prime and Ash are going ot get potatos in the near future. Edit: And Vaubon.

foxdvd 01-16-14 02:01 PM

I used loki on the master 10 test and just switched places with one of the enemies and then took my time...

I absolutely love the ogris. There seems to be so much wrong information about this weapon out there, but after spending a lot of time with it I am having a blast. I have already put 3 formas into it.

My first few games with it I came to the conclusion that it is not a good weapon for any but the Trinity. I kept killing myself with it, even my Rhino's iron skin did not hold up, and with a firestorm mod the blast radius is 22 feet. So I found myself only using it about 25% of the time which was not fun.

I decided to re-mod my Trinity. Energy is no longer a problem for any of the 5 guys that I have been playing with the last week. So I just focused on the 28 second invincibility build. I use my Ogris on enemies until they start to rush my position. Then I drop Blessing and just blast my feet once or twice and watch them melt. The weapon has default blast damage, and I added corrosive damage.

My in game stats say that I do 3200 damage per shot but my actual in game damage is much higher. I have read that the closer to the center of the blast the higher the damage, and that firestorm increases this sweet zone. All I can say is that when I have it fully leveled up a point blank shot will do 10,000 damage on every Ancient Disrupter/healer in a large radius. This is not crit damage because it happens every time. As a result when I am rushed on a defense mission I can hit my feet for 20 explosions that do more damage than any warframes ultimate in a 22 foot radius. (it takes 1 second per shot and I have to reload 4 times so that is how many I can do in my 28 seconds of immunity)

I love this thing.

foxdvd 01-16-14 02:08 PM

and just to add, I deal 10,000 damage per rocket with this. I have a multishot mod on so most of the time I fire two rockets. I guess on the wiki I will be able to get this up to 24,000 damage if I forma it a few times.

chess 01-16-14 02:22 PM

Curious what a fire rate mod does to that thing. I wanted to roll one on my Nova just priming and hip-firing, but I lost interest in charging it to fire.

I need to spend some time in the void searching for loot if anybody is up for it. I'm looking for Coolant Leak and Shotgun Spazz, and I know K&A is looking for Stormbringer. I have some absurd number of T2 Exterminates to burn, so I'll probably roll those and look for treasure rooms.

foxdvd 01-16-14 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 11979974)
Curious what a fire rate mod does to that thing. I wanted to roll one on my Nova just priming and hip-firing, but I lost interest in charging it to fire.

I need to spend some time in the void searching for loot if anybody is up for it. I'm looking for Coolant Leak and Shotgun Spazz, and I know K&A is looking for Stormbringer. I have some absurd number of T2 Exterminates to burn, so I'll probably roll those and look for treasure rooms.

fire rate mods make the charge faster. I have my charge time to just under 1 second, and I think once I am done leveling up a few more times I can get that down to near .5 seconds.

K&AJones 01-16-14 04:40 PM

Hey Fox...do you have the "Power In Use" issue with Trinity on the pc side or is this just on the PS4?

...to add to the Mod Wish List...
Pathogen Rounds (Toxin -Pistol)...dropped by Anti MOA on Jupiter
Stormbringer (Electrical - Rifle0)...dropped T3 Defense Corpus...Neptune?
Fever Strike (Toxin - Melee)...per wiki...farm on Mobile defense Sharpless on Phobos...dropped by Frontier Butcher and Arid Butcher

While home for awhile I got in on the Vauban Esprit Helmet....I know have more helmets than Warframes with helmets for Loki, Excalibur, Nyx, Volt, Nekros, Saryn and Banshee.

Question for all...if you had to pick between these two which would you go for...Synapse Bio rifle (Electric) or Acrid Pistol (Toxin)?

I'm leaning Synapse mainly because it is electric and I can use it mainly for Corpus & Robotic. Plus it fills the vacancy of no electric rifle mod (Stormbringer). Alone it's 50% Robotic damage but with a Cold Mod it's 75% Magnetic on Shield and Proto Shield. On Grineer iwith Toxin it produces 75% Corrosive. I have all the other three elementals for the rifle...just not electric.

On the Acrid it sounds good all over and I have the other three elemental but it seems it's best used for Grineer and Infested and not really good against Corpus especially robotic. Plus I'm happy with the Twin gremlins as they pretty much cover all three classes. I can use the Soma on Grineer and Infested and have the Synapse for Corpus & Robotic.

K&AJones 01-17-14 08:07 AM

FWIW Chess after you left me and Sith talked a bit mainly on my questioning on how to determine placement of polarity slots. We got into a bit of dealing with elemental combos and order of when figuring what type of damage. Still a bit fuzzy on just where to put a polarity slot in the mix....midle slots or outside, top or bottom row.

We got around to talking which mods needed and he mentioned the "Pathogen Round" which I don't have but he does. he also needed a Pistol Ammo Regen which I just happen to have a spare of. So tonight he said we can go and farm for the Pathogen Round and I'll give him the Pistol Ammo Regen. Like to see if we could look for the Rifle Electric Mod as well.

chess 01-17-14 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11980779)
FWIW Chess after you left me and Sith talked a bit mainly on my questioning on how to determine placement of polarity slots. We got into a bit of dealing with elemental combos and order of when figuring what type of damage. Still a bit fuzzy on just where to put a polarity slot in the mix....midle slots or outside, top or bottom row.

We got around to talking which mods needed and he mentioned the "Pathogen Round" which I don't have but he does. he also needed a Pistol Ammo Regen which I just happen to have a spare of. So tonight he said we can go and farm for the Pathogen Round and I'll give him the Pistol Ammo Regen. Like to see if we could look for the Rifle Electric Mod as well.

I don't think the location of polarity slots matters other than the ones that you plan to use for elementals...and, of course, the Sentinal AI thing, but those are there by default.

On weapons, I like to put all of my V polarities across the bottom because they are fixtures almost regardless of weapon (thinking of stuff like Serration, Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, etc). and even if they weren't, they'd probably be replaced by another V. Hell, in most cases, you could make a strong case for only putting V's on weapons. It would cost you a few points here and there, but you at least wouldn't be "painting yourself into a corner".

Again, for weapons, I like to put my elementals on the top row so I can adjust their order effectively. If I'm putting a forma on a slot for an elemental (as I did for that electrical shotgun mod you gave me), I just make sure to not make it the first slot, because you're always locked into that being the first elemental.

For frames, the order is completely unimportant, unless I'm not thinking of some elemental effect. I like to forma most frames for Energy Siphon, and I'm a big fan of "dash" and "triangle" polarities on frames. I hate seeing V's by default, because I use them the least (really just Focus).

chess 01-17-14 08:52 AM

I got my Shotgun Spazz from guy in the GAF clan (traded him a spare Heavy Calibur), so my planned build for Carrier's Sweeper once I level it back up:

Hell's Chamber (multi shot)
Shotgun Spazz (fire rate)
Point Blank (base damage)
Accellerated Blast (fire rate + puncture damage)

Blaze (base damage + fire damage)
Charged Shell (electrical)
Chilling Grasp (ice)
Contagious Spread (toxin)

I'll play with the combinations of elementals, but I'm leaning toward Corrosive/Blast, as it looks like a better combo for Corpus/Grineer, and I like the knockdown effect.

I haven't yet done the math on whether this will require another forma to max everything.

chess 01-17-14 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11980217)
Stormbringer (Electrical - Rifle0)...dropped T3 Defense Corpus...Neptune?

I'm almost positive I got my Stormbringer in the void, but I know it wasn't in a defense. Pretty sure it was survival, but it might have been capture (I remember being in a hurry). I do know that I got it from a container and not from an enemy.

I think the best course for that one would be level 15-20 Grineer exterminations or assassinations where you see the highest level Ballistas. I don't consider the void to be very good for "farming" anything specific even if it is a nice place to get surprises. It's just an exercise in futility/frustration. Also, I've played a ton of T3 Defense, and the drops are garbage other than the fusion cores.

Alternatively, I'd guess you could buy Stormbringer for 15-20p, which looks more and more appealing as you get down to those last few very specific mods you need.

K&AJones 01-17-14 04:42 PM

Went home for a short lunch and Forma the Twin Gremlins...twice now. My Synapse will be ready when I get in along with the Mag Prime. Still about 5 Levels to go on the Soma before I can Forma it.

My biggest dilemma is the frames themselves....

Ash...level 29 and would like to finish him off and still 50/50 on doing a Potato...he's been a bit fun and all
Rhino...need to add a Forma to him which would leave me without a Tank on any quick runs.
Nova...same; need to Forma her badly
Frost Prime...same; need to Forma him but he's behind Nova and Rhino on the priority list.
Mag Prime....got to play her and move her up
Trinity...wild card and seeing Sith play her I might try again but on more open runs using Link.

foxdvd 01-17-14 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11980217)
Hey Fox...do you have the "Power In Use" issue with Trinity on the pc side or is this just on the PS4?

I don't play on pc anymore, and I stopped using my energy drain on all but bosses or big guys since energy is not a problem anymore.

chess 01-18-14 10:26 AM

I farmed the parts for Excalibur and Saryn last night and am building them both. Will probably farm Loki today.

Solo'd the Stalker yesterday with my Rage/Quick Thinking combo, and it was fully epic, but he didn't drop a BP. That's really my focus right now, so I don't think I'll be leveling up anything for the sake of doing it but rather fine tuning my favorite stuff.

On that note, I forma'd Sweeper twice and will hit it one more time in order to max everything in the build I described above. I feel like Soma and the Gremlins are about where I want them, and I'm only rolling with Rhino/Nova and whomever else I decide to potato until Stalker is fully and completely my bitch.

I did build the Synapse and the Flux Rifle though. I might check them out in the brief periods between Stalker appearances and making boss runs for new death marks.

foxdvd 01-19-14 12:11 AM

We were trying to level up my friends new ash from level 8, and ended up going 40 waves on xini and getting him to level 30 in one game...lol. So much fun. Roar/Prime combo is amazing...

K&AJones 01-19-14 07:23 AM

I like Ash but think he's made for more wide open or on he run than defend. I played him on mobile and survive and he holds his own. Still not sure I'll potato him.

Got to start on Mag Prime and I think she cn fit nicely into a specific use. I've got her just around half way to (60) and use Crush on Grineer & Infested and then Shield Polarize on Corpus and Robotic.

I think I'll stop with weapons for awhile and concentrate on building them up and improving performance. I've forma the Twin Gremlins twice now and just did one for Soma. I still have the Synapse and Miter to level.

Chess...curious on what you have to say about Saryn

chess 01-19-14 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 11982485)
Roar/Prime combo is amazing...

Yes, yes it is. Quadruple (I think) damage.

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11982577)
I like Ash but think he's made for more wide open or on he run than defend. I played him on mobile and survive and he holds his own. Still not sure I'll potato him.

Chess...curious on what you have to say about Saryn

I think Ash is potentially fun. I especially like jumping or sliding and throwing his Shiruken...feels very Ninja. But I'm pissed at myself for playing him last night. Fucking Stalker got me after I promised myself I would only play characters that were ready for him. I had to rerun all of the Grineer bosses to get my death mark back. :grumble:

We'll see about Saryn. I started Banshee last night as well, and I'm thinking she might be more interesting than Saryn. Both of them might be on the shelf for a while though, unless I can figure out how to get them Stalker ready in a hurry.

4 frames in the oven, Saryn, Banshee, Loki and Excalibur, and if I'm not mistaken, that's everybody. Guess I could level up a regular Mag and Frost at some point just to do it.

4th forma for Sweeper. Think it's done once I level it back up. Only one mod won't be maxed, and it will be one from the top.

foxdvd 01-19-14 09:32 AM

My thoughts on warframes late game (only late game...all frames are fun and can do well vs low level enemies)...The truth is most will have guns that do 12000 to 24000 damage per second by the time they are fighting level 100 enemies, so pure damage dealing skills really lose their effectiveness late game. My thoughts below are against enemies that are over level 80.

Nova-Good in any situation. Helps tremendously late game when enemies are over level 80. Double damage, slow and another slam of explosion damage helps huge. One of the best overall Warframes.

Rhino- Good in any situation. Stomp works late game. Roar is amazing late game. Iron skin is amazing, but vs level 140 guys it is just one hit and gone, so the stomp/roar becomes more important. Damage is not important as Chess once said, its the ability to get enemies off of you.

Trinity- Boss killer, but late game the energy gain for team can help, and the 30 second invincibility can help as long as you keep it up at all times. Vs level 130 enemies it actually becomes one of the best frames because like I said earlier...at that level you can be killed quick.

Ember- Trash. Fun as hell vs low level enemies and even infected up to level 80, but after that her skills are pure fire damage, and they just don't even hurt the enemies. The lack of any crowd control skill makes her hurt the team late game.

Volt-Decent frame. Vs corpus Volt actually can still help the team up to about level 80, and even vs other groups his low level lighting bolt can be used over and over to slow down the crowd. His speed boost can help in infected defense missions a lot if you keep moving. Still not a frame I would want late game.

Loki-VERY strong as support vs corpus and grineer. Permanent invisibility makes him hard to kill late game as long as you are smart about where you stand. The skill that makes him so great though is the radial disarm. It is worthless vs infested, but against anyone with a weapon it is a permanent removal of all ranged weapons in a 50 meter range (buffed which is a must for this guy) The ability to turn ANY defense mission into what amounts to an infested defense mission makes 120 level Grineer and Corpus WAY easier. Vauban/loki combo is shocking how overpowered it is late game. Does not work on bosses though.

Vauban. Amazing on defense mission. That is not even using his ultimate, which I can't comment on late game since I won't use it until it is patched. Bastille when buffed lifts enemies up for over 30 seconds. They can't do anything. If you cast it in the open you are still a target for ranged weapons, but bastille can be thrown around the map locking down around 20 enemies for 30 seconds. This is another ability that just gets better and better late game.

Banshee. In the right situation very solid. She is squishy and her ultimate is absolute garbage. Late game it does no damage at all, and you can not move while using it. You will die if you cast it late game. Sonic boom is cool and you can use it to get some breathing room, but late game enemies are so fast they seem to recover almost as fast as you do when casting it. Sonar is the key. The problem is it is a bit glitchy and frame rate issues can make it hard to target the weak spots. That being said, when it works, you can drop a level 140 guys in a short half second burst with soma. Also, if the random weak spot is on the torso, all area damage applies. When you are surrounded by 30 enemies about 10 of them will end up with the weak spot on center mass. My banshee currently buffs damage 800%. So a Molecular Prime explosion from a nova while buffed with roar and a banshee's sonar will do 54,000 damage.

Excalibur. Weak. All of his damage skills are garbage. Past level 40 enemies they just tickle. This leaves one crowd control skill, and radial blind is just not strong enough. Even if you buff everything into it, you are never going to get more than 5 seconds of stun. They really need to patch it so the initial stun is effected by duration mods, then this skill might help late game. So what you get is a poor mans radial disarm. 10-20 seconds of ranged enemies not shooting you is not as good as permanent removal of ranged weapons.

Frost. Weak. I thought it was amazing early, but the vauban really outclasses the frost late game. All of his damage skills, like everyone's really, don't work late game. This leaves his snow globe as the one skill. If you make it too big the globe can actually hurt your team. Make it small and while it does remove all ranged damage around your postilion, late game when enemies swarm your position it can kill you when you can't help your team kill a guy inside the globe. It turns some areas into a death trap. If you think about it, you can protect a small area from gunfire or loki can just remove all guns. The slowdown is nice, but enemies move SO fast and take a long time to kill, so getting 30 enemies on you inside a globe is just nuts.

Mag- Weak as hell vs all but Corpus. A GOD vs corpus. Damage skills suck like all frames late game. Pull remains a great crowd control skill on maps with drop offs, but late game it can actually pull high level enemies to you making you die faster. It is all about the Shield polarize. When Corpus get to level 100, their shields hitpoints scale with their health. If a late level enemy has 10,000 shield and 20,000 heath, a buffed Shield Polarize removes 10,000 shield...restores your teams shield, then does 50,000 damage to every enemy in a 20 meter range. If you have roar and molecular prime up, that damage is....lets say it is high. It is the one frame in the game that has a skill that will scale forever. The harder corpus get, the stronger mag gets. You actually don't want to shoot enemy shields when a mag is on the team, because the higher the shield the better the damage. Just a note, you NEED to have a 70% blind rage and 30% focus to make this work. That way it removes 100% of the shields. This is the secret to this combo. Un-buffed you are only removing 50% of the shield, and the explosion only happens when all of the shields are removed.

Nekros- Amazing if you got the right team. Shadow of the dead is almost a waste. But it does act as a nice distraction late game. Terrify is the skill that makes him so strong late game. It will cause all enemies around you to stop attacking and lowers their armor. Against Grineer this skill is amazing, but it works on all enemies. It takes 20 plus enemies out of the fight for 45 seconds. This allows a lot of breathing room. It is also a great skill to cast right before Vauban's bastille since there is a limit to the number of enemies it will lift.

Nyx. WEAK late game. For the longest time I always though Nyx's chaos skill to be better than Nekro's terrify. Up to level 80 it is. After that I hate to say it but the skill loses its effectiveness. I would say 1/3 of the enemies hit by chaos still focus on you. 10 level 130 guys shooting you is not as good as none when you compare it to Nekros. Enemies hitpoints are MUCH higher than the damage they deal late game. Because of this they don't kill each other like they do low level. The end result is a skill that is just not as effective as the another frames. His other skills are garbage late game. Absorb has everyone focus on you, and the moment it goes off, anyone still alive continues to shoot you...so you die. It is a die button.

Sayrn- Second worst frame in the game vs high level enemies. Venom does not scale late game. Contagion requires you to get into melee range, which is a mistake late game. Miasma is a damage dealer that does about the same damage as other frames ultimate, but takes 4 seconds to use.

Valkyr- Worst Frame Ever. Rip line is fun, but has no real use against high level enemies. Warcry has potential, but a melee bump does not really help the team. Paralysis is a joke. Then we have hysteria. A skill that removes your gun, something you NEED late game, and lets you run around. You do NO damage. Sure you can't be killed, but that does NOT help the team. It basically removes you from the game for 30-60 seconds.

foxdvd 01-19-14 09:35 AM

I forgot Ash...just real quick not a good late game frame.

chess 01-19-14 09:50 AM

I feel more or less the same across the board, and I'm looking forward to playing Loki. Either him or Vaubon are getting my one spare potato. I'm intrigued by him with a Galatine doing double damage, and yeah, Radial Disarm sounds beastly. And yes, I view stomp as a mostly defensive ability...at least late game. It does AOE damage, and a little more if you roar first, but that isn't the point. :up:

But I mostly dropped in to post that I just had the most amazing round on a T3 Defense with a pretty good group of randoms with a good mix of frames (Rhino, Nova, Frost, Nyx). I was looking for my second Fang Prime blade and the enemies were dropping uncommon and rare cores left and right, so off to a good start. Then Coolant Leak drops (!!!), and I tell everybody to play it super safe, which they do. And at the the end...Fang Prime Blade.

:banana:

flashburn 01-19-14 11:41 AM

Is Coolant Leak super rare or something? I've gotten two of them so far. Maybe I should sell one.

chess 01-19-14 10:30 PM

I don't know that it's super rare. Just something I wanted but hadn't gotten yet. It's an unrankable mod, so I'm not sure you could sell it right now anyway.

One prime left: Sicarus Prime

Forma'd Carrier.

Potato'd Vaubon.

foxdvd 01-19-14 11:26 PM

Played around with the Oberon today for 3 matches...what another waste of a warfame. I honestly think they have given up trying to make a good frame.

Would it be so bad to make his heal spell actually revive down team members? It can do this if you cast it before they go down, but really would that break the game if you could cast it after they go down? Maybe put a timer on when you can us it again on someone if they already went down.

His ultimate looks cool, but it is another damage dealing skill that becomes shit vs high level enemies.

His strip area damage skill is another shit skill. If it was 3 times bigger it would actually be really cool, but as it is, no one stands on it.

I actually think he might be weaker than the valkyr...at least high level.

Don't be in a rush when he comes to the ps4 to get him.

chess 01-20-14 07:10 AM

That's too bad about Oberon. I've come full circle on characters with traditional AOE, because you're right, they simply don't stand up against higher level enemies. Examples: Avalanche, Crush, Overload, World on Fire...

Back to our discussion yesterday, fox...after potato'ing Vauban and playing with him a bit, I really really like him, but the answer to your previous question is a Nova and three Rhinos. I'm having a really hard time identifying a practical advantage that Bastille has over Stomp, and Rhino is more survivable with bigger shields, more speed and Iron Skin, and as if that weren't enough, he gives a team buff with Roar. You might want two of the Rhinos set up to spam Stomp and the third set up with longevity for Roar, but there's your answer. Rhinos. Three of em.

If the defense were Corpus or Grineer, one of the Rhinos might be a Loki, but again, is Radial Disarm functionally any better than Stomp? I kind of doubt it.

K&AJones 01-20-14 07:10 AM

Hey guys...

IUf possible would like another stab on trying to land a Stormbringer Rifle Mod tonight.

Also if in the mood or if some need to level up stuff I'm in since I'm working on both the Soma and Synapse along with Mag Prime. i pretty much just a bunch of Alerts and got in a good deal of randoms doing Ceres and Uranus knocking out a bunch of undone missions.

chess 01-20-14 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11983822)
Hey guys...

IUf possible would like another stab on trying to land a Stormbringer Rifle Mod tonight.

Also if in the mood or if some need to level up stuff I'm in since I'm working on both the Soma and Synapse along with Mag Prime. i pretty much just a bunch of Alerts and got in a good deal of randoms doing Ceres and Uranus knocking out a bunch of undone missions.

I'm game for whatever. Been keeping an eye out for Stormbringer for you, and if you ever want the electric shotgun mod back, I have a couple of spares now.

I unlocked everything on the map last night. Still lots of blue, but no locks.

foxdvd 01-20-14 09:58 AM

Stomp vs Bastille. I go back and forth in my head on this, but playing with a Vauban I find Bastille by itself to be better than Stomp late game on defense missions.

Cost...this is really not that important. While stomp cost more, most are going to use a fleeting on this, and you don't want to use a fleeting on vauban, so they equal out even if you are using blind rage on rhino.

Effect (for how I mod them)...Stomp takes everyone out of a fight around you for 8 seconds. If any enemies come at you after you cast, you have to wait 8 seconds to cast again. Bastille takes 20 people out of a fight for 30 seconds. You can cast it anywhere you can see, so if you want to lock down multiple points you can. You can cast as much as you want. If any enemy comes into your range after your cast, they are still taken out of a fight with bastille.

Stomp has about twice the range of Bastille. This is the main reason I think Stomp would win. Bastille lifts enemies high in the air for your team to see. They are easier to tell who is alive and who is dead. This is why I go back with Bastille in my head. They float at a perfect height for the team to pick off one at a time, and after they are dead they fall. I find it difficult late game to pick out the dead and alive from a stomp. This is why I like Bastille.

You can cast Bastille on a point on defense, or even other team members on survival and then move away for 30 seconds and know that point is still protected. If a person goes down 50 meters away, you can throw a bastille on him for someone else to revive, vs a rhino who needs to run to them, stomp and then revive.

In the end stomp is a better skill if you count capture, rescue and even most survival missions (until wave 40) and bastille just seems to be more useful for the team on pure defense missions and at that point late game in survival when you are trying to keep the nova alive while the rhino hits air.

K&AJones 01-20-14 10:04 AM

Well sorry I had to leave the conversation yesterday but when Zane is over it's about him. he does want me to pull up Warframe as he's fascinated with the Frames and weapons. He's always going to the TV and pointing stuff out wanting to see and hear what it does. When he saw Nekros he wanted to know more and that's when he asked. Should be honored....ya'll were the very first he has actually spoke and listened to. He absolutely loves the Miter and Synapse... He was yelling "fry them PaPa and shoot em' in the face". We beat Knack yesterday and now it's coop time on him...

I went over to the wiki again to see just where some are getting the Stormbringer and this is the list so far...

Neptune - Despina...Wave 10 as a reward; got it after 10-20 runs
Venus - Kiliken...Reward after 20 Waves
Neptune - Thalassa...Wave 15
Venus - Venera...Reward after Wave 15
Kappa....Dropped by Grineer Scopion

I'm loving the Synapse but with no polarity slots it's killing me even at Level 20. However I have (ABC) slots set with combo for Grineer, Corpus and Infested using just Serreation (105%) and the right elemental for the specific combo. But the thing sucks ammo and cannot put the Rifle Ammo Mutation mod which is a must. The real gem with this I feel is the Critical Chance is an astounding 50% (Soma is 30%) along with a decent Critical Damage 2.0x and Proc of 10%. Since Slash, Punture and Impact Mods have no effect you can add Extend Clip, a max Ammo Drum along with high Critical Chance and Damage. Don't know if mods like Shred, Metal Auger, Split Chamber and Charged Chamber has an actual impact. And I'm debating if it really needs a potato or not or just Forma the thing about 2-4 times.

foxdvd 01-20-14 10:08 AM

As for loki, the more I play him the more I love him. The 30 second invisibility is absolutely amazing. With a speed mod he seems to move as fast as a volt with speed on. You can lock down any map. Radial disarm seems only ok at first. Enemies die so fast I stop even using it. Then when they get to level 40 or so, it just destroys Corpus/Grineer. Sure, they still can kick/hit you, but that is SO much easier to control. Those feet stomping guys that knock you down? That power is removed. Flame thrower/rocket launcher guys piss you off? Those are removed. I did not realize at first that it removed the stomp effects as well.

I am seriously thinking about using a fleeting on him if I can get a low level one. While I will lose the 30 seconds of invisibility, I will still have 14 seconds, and the cost is only 12 at that point, so I can cast it more. This would bring my radial disarm cost down to 25 from its current 55.

K&AJones 01-20-14 02:37 PM

Well I got a pleasant surprise when I went home for lunch...

reading what Chess and fox have been saying on Loki I decided to check the market for his price and see what came with him. I knew I had at least one helmet but wanted to see if I had two. I haven't really checked my Foundry in awhile because I really haven't got anything or at least didn't think so. I looked and sure enough I had both Loki helmets but then the biggest surprise which I had to do a double take...a Dread Bow BP...no idea where or when but it's there.

I've been in on three in the last week where we beat him with the last one the Infested Defend on Xini but we got the End of the 15 wave when he was still going or it looked like it so who knows. Now to get more Morphics which I'm extremely low on.

I went ahead and Poatoe'd the Synapse. I looked at the slots and between the elemental, status chance, critical chance and critical damage I'll probably need it. I've got about 370 average combo elemental with a 3.4x multiplier, 50% chance and 14.0 status and it's at Level 38.

I'll probably get Loki but I need to continue with Mag Prime and Nova and get around to forma Rhino. The 75Plat for him on the market is not a bad deal since it includes a Reactor and Warframe slot. Almost sounds like a steal based on what Fox is saying about him.

foxdvd 01-20-14 03:32 PM

I would have no problem paying 75 p for Loki. It would cost you 20 p for the extra warframe slot anyway, along with the potato and resources to craft him..

I have a funny story that I was not going to post because I honestly think it is one of those "you had to be there" to find funny...but here it is anyway...

My son and I played with the worst guys of all time the other day. I am not sure if they were trolling us but they had low level frames on xini. We were both leveling up our Ash frames and in comes a low level Rhino and Excalibur. They both had hardly any shield or health, and kept going down. After the match, one of them sends a message saying that was "Garbage" that we were not helping keep the pod safe because we were flying around the map with our ash powers. I quickly sent a message for them "not to leave" that I had a high level Vauban that could lock the map down with is Bastille. I said something like "My Vauban can lock down the map, I honestly think we can do wave 50" and one guy said "hell yeah!" I quickly put on a level 0 Bastille and a level 8 narrow minded mod which lowered the range of my Bastille to 2 meters.

This just barely covered the pod, and I mean with an inch to spare..lol When I put it down, I wrote "Impressed?" I don't know why I was laughing so hard, but my son and I had tears in our eyes. I kept throwing these little bastille circles all over the map....after the match (5 waves) I just get a fuck you from them...lol

K&AJones 01-20-14 04:19 PM

What a hoot...and yea they were trolls or "coat tail riders" as I call them. I bet they thought they park their butts in a nice safe place and just stand and watch. Shame no mic because hearing them would've been priceless. I'm sure the word is out for some just to latch on a some higher level Frames, do much of nothing and reap the rewards. Next time something like that happens with a couple of clowns, throw in a Frost Prime with a bunch of mini Snowballs everywhere but over the pod.

Update...Someone over in the official Warframe PS4 forums in the Trade section has a ton of mods up FS or trade...he's asking for Hammer Shot, Rejuvenation and Whirlwind and he has Stormbringer along with Fever Strike. I posted I'll offer Rejuvenation for Stormbringer and I'm in for Fever Strike. No trade I'll buy so we'll see.

...and on the Pathogen Rounds several are saying they got it on Jupiter - Elara - Survival. Some got it in 2-5 runs and some it took 7-10. One said about three of the Anti-Moas spawn every round. If everyone is up for a few more tries fine. And thanks fo helping get the Stormbringer last night.

chess 01-21-14 07:05 AM

Good story. I had something kind of similar the other night.

It was super late, and I was on the chat looking for random tower invites, and I misread this dude's (quantum-something) post. The way he typed it, I thought he was setting up a game rather than fishing for one (which is annoying anyway). So I mistakenly PM him with an "inv plz", and he writes back "I'm not hosting noob". I respond with "f u", and he says "a noob would say that".

Alright. Fucking noted.

So I notice that he's been fishing the chat hard for hours for invites to T2 or T3 Cap (spamming even), I assume looking for Ember or Orthos. So I go look at my keys, and sure enough, I had two T2 Caps and a T3 Cap that I was hanging on to to sell later when I could package them or to run with buddies. So I post:

"t3 cap. anybody but quantum pm for inv."
and he says in the thread:

"why you gotta hate friz?"
After we ran that:

"t2 cap. anybody but quantum pm for inv."
And once more after that just to really drive the point home.

The dudes who got in the games were laughing their asses off.

chess 01-21-14 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 11983962)
Stomp vs Bastille. I go back and forth in my head on this, but playing with a Vauban I find Bastille by itself to be better than Stomp late game on defense missions.

Cost...this is really not that important. While stomp cost more, most are going to use a fleeting on this, and you don't want to use a fleeting on vauban, so they equal out even if you are using blind rage on rhino.

Effect (for how I mod them)...Stomp takes everyone out of a fight around you for 8 seconds. If any enemies come at you after you cast, you have to wait 8 seconds to cast again. Bastille takes 20 people out of a fight for 30 seconds. You can cast it anywhere you can see, so if you want to lock down multiple points you can. You can cast as much as you want. If any enemy comes into your range after your cast, they are still taken out of a fight with bastille.

Stomp has about twice the range of Bastille. This is the main reason I think Stomp would win. Bastille lifts enemies high in the air for your team to see. They are easier to tell who is alive and who is dead. This is why I go back with Bastille in my head. They float at a perfect height for the team to pick off one at a time, and after they are dead they fall. I find it difficult late game to pick out the dead and alive from a stomp. This is why I like Bastille.

You can cast Bastille on a point on defense, or even other team members on survival and then move away for 30 seconds and know that point is still protected. If a person goes down 50 meters away, you can throw a bastille on him for someone else to revive, vs a rhino who needs to run to them, stomp and then revive.

In the end stomp is a better skill if you count capture, rescue and even most survival missions (until wave 40) and bastille just seems to be more useful for the team on pure defense missions and at that point late game in survival when you are trying to keep the nova alive while the rhino hits air.

Stomp wins this one all day, even for defense IMO.
  • Reliably instant where Bastille has an annoying delay where ancients can bitch slap you
  • Much greater range
  • Doesn't require any strategy for placement
  • Fully spammable with Fleeting/Streamline, making duration irrelevant, and don't forget that enemies still have to get up
  • Stops everybody, which is nice for revives
  • Doesn't lift enemies so high that you can't melee them
  • Doesn't glitch out your sentinel's gun
  • Does some measure of AOE damage, and even more with Roar/Prime
  • Will generally take out those little bastard shield generators
  • It's attached to a character with two other useful skills, easily the highest survivability in the game and more speed with Vanguard Helmet

Give me a Stretch/Streamline Nova, two Fleeting Rhinos for Stomp, and one duration Rhino for Roar. Galatines and Somas all around.

If it's a Corpus or Grineer defense, you could have a solid debate about Vaubon vs. Frost, and I'd lean Frost until Vauban's ultimate is usable.

chess 01-21-14 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11984231)
I'll probably get Loki but I need to continue with Mag Prime and Nova and get around to forma Rhino. The 75Plat for him on the market is not a bad deal since it includes a Reactor and Warframe slot. Almost sounds like a steal based on what Fox is saying about him.

It took 15-20 minutes tops to farm the parts for Loki. The boss is basically an easier version of Jackel with some sidekicks.

The only frame I'd buy is Volt, because his parts are a little bit of a pain to farm, and he's only 75p.

Lucky break on Dread Bow. That's not the weapon of his that I want, but it would be a nice surprise. I almost got him yesterday, and would have if the the guy he was after would have moved more and shot less. -ohbfrank-

Also glad you got Stormbringer. Only took 3-4 runs.