In Space We Brawl (PS3)
Toy Home (PS3)
99 VIDAS (PS Vita)
Q*Bert Rebooted (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Old 04-02-18, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
re: The PlayStation 4 / PS4 Thread: Still Going Strong

Dell had a VR bundle that included the headset, Doom, a camera and a 25 dollar gift card for 200 bucks. I finally broke down and got it. Should be here in a few days.
Old 04-10-18, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 160 Posts

The PS5 Is Real, May Not Play PS4 Games, And Is Not Coming Soon,

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th...ource=facebook

Honestly, I can't see this coming out until 2020. But, with the gaming industry, who knows?
Old 04-11-18, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

nowhere in that article or the sourced Kotaku article does it say anything about being (or not being) backwards compatible - "May Not Play PS4 Games" appears completely made up in the headline.

Or this statement is misunderstood by the idiot who wrote the headline: "What we’re hearing from developers is that most people expect Sony’s next console to be a PlayStation 5, a machine that runs games that won’t run on PS4" Which means PS5 games won't play on PS4 (vastly different than the opposite).
Old 04-11-18, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Crossposting with the deals thread -

Add $40 To Your PlayStation Store Wallet For Just $30

https://deals.kinja.com/add-40-to-yo...-30-1825157378

1. Download the Swych app for iOS or Android.

2. Click on the PlayStation Store gift card in the gift card directory.

3. Select the $20 card.

4. Use promo code AprilGames to save $5.

5. Check out and receive your digital gift card.

You can actually do this two times per account, so that’s $40 worth of PlayStation credit for $30 that you can spend on games, DLC, and media.
Not too shabby.

With the 20% off code from the Far Cry thing a couple weeks back, hoping to order God of War digitally now.
Old 04-19-18, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Is anyone having issues with PSN codes and Digital Game codes from Amazon? I just saw a story here ...

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/...es_are_dropped

....this sounds like it's mainly the Amazon UK but also seems to be with Amazon in general where they have ran out of God of War digital codes along with a few other games.....
Old 04-26-18, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

My PS4 has starting doing weird things where the controllers aren't responding properly, causing people to spin in circles or cursors to keep scrolling to the right without new input. Controllers, even fully charged ones, are also disconnecting a lot -- and more than just one of them. Is my PS4 dying? It wouldn't surprise me with as much as my son games on it and my daughter streams Netflix on it (and yes, I play on it too sometimes).
Old 04-26-18, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Decker
My PS4 has starting doing weird things where the controllers aren't responding properly, causing people to spin in circles or cursors to keep scrolling to the right without new input. Controllers, even fully charged ones, are also disconnecting a lot -- and more than just one of them. Is my PS4 dying? It wouldn't surprise me with as much as my son games on it and my daughter streams Netflix on it (and yes, I play on it too sometimes).
Out of curiosity, and if distance/length permit, if you have a controller connected using USB (https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...controller_as/) do you see the same issues? Kind of curious if something could just be interfering with the bluetooth connection.
Old 04-26-18, 03:36 PM

I could try that. I'll let you know.

Then again, it does that with both the old controller and the new one. As I understand it, only the new one uses Bluetooth, right?
Old 04-26-18, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I could try that. I'll let you know.

Then again, it does that with both the old controller and the new one. As I understand it, only the new one uses Bluetooth, right?
I thought Sony has always used Bluetooth since the Dualshock 3. It's Microsoft that used their own protocol but added Bluetooth in an Xbox One controller revision.
Old 04-27-18, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I would disconnect and re-pair them with the usb cable.
Old 04-27-18, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Mine has started doing the same thing this week on God of War. I get controller disconnects while playing, and the battery is fully charged.
Old 04-27-18, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

The fans in my Pro have been going insane lately, really since starting God of War. They start spinning so fast and loud I'm pretty sure the console could lift off into space at any moment.

I've had no issue in the past and the thing is fairly new (Sept), so this is kind of out of left field.
Old 04-27-18, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

My launch is about to take off with GOW as well. A friend mentioned his Pro is ever louder on GOW and I saw some YT videos showing that as well.
Old 04-27-18, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

Zero issues with my slightly post-launch PS4, playing GoW, or any other game... fingers crossed.
Old 04-27-18, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,227 Posts

My launch PS4 wasn't loud, but my Pro does sound like a blowdryer at times, especially with GoW.
Old 04-28-18, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just saw this and I've had the exact issues...be playing and all of sudden a character just moves in a direction and no response when I hit buttons on the controller or it's a good 5-6 second delay. I have both a original and almost new (bought a year ago) controller.

But I've been getting freeze up in games and I have to do a hard reboot, reload and repair external storage a lot more lately. The other day I turned my PS4 on and it went straight to Safe Mode and telling me to DL and install the latest software. Last night Warframe locked up and when I re-booted it came up "Game is corrupted. Need to delete and reinstall" or something like that....that's the first time with any game or app that's popped up. I deleted, then a did a restart and the console just stayed in that slow blinking blue light. So had to hard reset/boot and go thru the repair & fix mode again.

...and while Warframe was DL...I swear I could see just a small faint of the video shimmering....just a faint of flicker for awhile. Tried on TV and nothing and looked again but didn't see anything.

My is a At Launch PS4 and have a WD 8TB USB HD......
Old 04-29-18, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone still have the 20% off code that expires on 4/30, and is not going to use it?

Missed it when they were giving them out, and I was thinking of picking up a couple games from the current sale.

Edit: Thanks for the code, EinCB

Last edited by chase3001; 04-30-18 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-30-18, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I'm wondering and worried my PS4 is about the fizzle. I had issues the other day where it froze four times in half-a-day but the error code seemed to be a result of a corrupted update. I deleted the update...or thought I did...from the notification side. Yesterday we fired it up and nothing happened....thru Fortnite, YouTube, Warframe...PS4 acted normal and didn't have to do a hard re-boot once.

...well today it's been different. Twice I've turned it on, I get the PS logo, then goes black and the light on the console just sits there blinking slowly dark blue....and nothing happens on the screen. Go over and hold power button for 7-8 seconds, shut down, start with controller, get load up screen and then the "Checking System Storage......and then will restart". I get the "PS4 wasn't shutdown properly" warning, hit ok and then get the 'Extended Storage was not disconnected properly, need to repair" and then everything works fine...but I don't get no error codes.

Today it's done this twice....yesterday not once and that was turning the console on & off at least three times. I don't know if the console is about to croke, it's the hard drive which I upgraded, a Seagate Hybrid 1.5TB. It does have a lot of hours on it for sure being a launch model.
Old 04-30-18, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the internal hard drive might be starting to fail.
Old 04-30-18, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Zero issues with my slightly post-launch PS4, playing GoW, or any other game... fingers crossed.
Actually, I forgot that I upgraded my hard-drive to a much nicer, much bigger one not too long ago.
Old 05-01-18, 01:34 PM

I got tired of playing "Dizzy Bat" with every game on my PS4 so I've bought a PS4 Pro Star Wars Battlefront 2 edition (couldn't find any Pro in stock at any local Target last week to use the Cartwheel coupon on). Hope my Far Cry character will finally stop doing this :

Old 05-01-18, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

You may not need that fancy sniper rifle now!
Old 05-02-18, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got tired of playing "Dizzy Bat" with every game on my PS4 so I've bought a PS4 Pro Star Wars Battlefront 2 edition (couldn't find any Pro in stock at any local Target last week to use the Cartwheel coupon on). Hope my Far Cry character will finally stop doing this :

../..mine didn't so much turn like that. just sometimes keep moving while not touching the thumbstick.

...but my PS4 must be in a state of awareness....after posting the issue I started looking around for a PS4 Pro deal early yesterday. Came home and anticipating more lock & freeze ups last night...didn't have a single issue at startup, during play, any game....zero.

I thought there was a way to go in and clear out & clean up trash/cache.....is it thru Safe Mode? I might try something like that. I've moved a lot off the internal storage to the WD USB drive which has plenty at 8TB. The internal is only 1/3 full. I don't know...one day it's all fine and normal and next day it's 3-5 times I have to hard reboot with it locked up. Wife asked how long I had it and said if you need another one get it...birthday is this month. Rather take the money and try and fix my broken Panasonic 55" Plasma....

Updated 05/03....I had a few issues again and was so-close to just buying a Pro the other day then remembered one more thing to try...Rebuild the Database...which i haven't done in a long, long time. I've added and deleted lots of games & DLC so I did that and it seems ok so far. I had a freeze up last night but it was the game which is notorious to have slowdowns and lockups. After I did the rebuild I got 4-5 large updates on games and all sort of notifications. Hope this fixes my issue.

Last edited by K&AJones; 05-04-18 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-08-18, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like someone on reddit posted an image of a rumored PS4 Pro bundle. The concensus there was it couldn't be real because it was ugly. I'm not a fan of the controller, but the system itself could get me to finally upgrade to a Pro.

Spoiler:

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.