Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The PlayStation 4 / PS4 Thread: Still Going Strong

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-13, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So beyond the issue that my PS4 doesn't fully recognize that I am a PS+ member it seems the other big issue I am aging is that my system keeps adding games to the download queue over and over again. I downloaded Contrast last night but didn't play it. I booted up the system this morning to play it and it was downloading it again. I canceled that download and as I clicked start under Contrast's menu a notification popped up saying it added Contrast to my download queue yet again.

I e-mailed Sony about these issues but I don't expect a super fast response.
Old 11-16-13, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
re: PS4 Release Thread: Kill Launch App #Driveclub due October 2014!!!

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
One guy on the board claims to have bought 2 PS4s and both were dead out of the box. Also, I notice that many of the posters claiming to have bought PS4s on day one are first time posters on the board having registered just yesterday.
to be fair, most people are most vocal when something is wrong, not when it it is right. not to say there aren't people out there who are MS fanboys trying to stir up shit, since that is certainly possible.
Old 11-16-13, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this really true?

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments...v/nba2k14_ps4/

...So I'm playing NBA 2K14 and I get beat by my man to the rim... Afterwards I yelled "shit!"... No joke the PS4's camera picked it up and gave me a technical foul in the game... WTF
Old 11-16-13, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
How did you have it delivered? Overnight/Next Day almost always requires a signature. 2-Day they can generally leave it at your doorstep.
I ordered it on Amazon (with Prime) when they first offered it. No special shipping options. From the invoice "Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free"
Old 11-16-13, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have my Amazon Launch edition sitting in the box still. I'm actually afraid to open it and find out it doesn't work.
Old 11-16-13, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
And I think that's an unreasonable expectation. I can't name really any companies outside of a couple e-tailers that expedite RMA like that.
TiVo does.
Old 11-16-13, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the signature questions regarding Amazon....... My package required no signature and they must not of even tried to knock or ring the doorbell because my PS4 sat on the porch for 5 hours all while my wife was home. I really wish Amazon used FedEx because they are the only company that I've had no problems with over the years.
Old 11-16-13, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I have my Amazon Launch edition sitting in the box still. I'm actually afraid to open it and find out it doesn't work.
That's silly.
Old 11-16-13, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
That's silly.
Should be .... but I have that kind of luck. Would help if I buy a game for it too lol.
Old 11-16-13, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Playing Resogun and some of my humans get killed inside the little box they are in. Cant tell how this is happening... anybody know?
Old 11-16-13, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
You can get carded in Fifa for cursing so I wouldnt doubt it. I think it is a pretty cool feature.
Old 11-16-13, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
As for the signature questions regarding Amazon....... My package required no signature and they must not of even tried to knock or ring the doorbell because my PS4 sat on the porch for 5 hours all while my wife was home. I really wish Amazon used FedEx because they are the only company that I've had no problems with over the years.
Obviously a ymmv situation. My ups, FedEx and even Onetrac all ring the bell.
Old 11-16-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Has anyone played NBA2K14 or NFS Rivals yet? Thoughts?
My rental copy of 2k14 should be in today's mail. Looking forward to trying it out even though I'm not much of a fan of sports games. At least I can invite a friend over and play something with him.
2K14 is very pretty. I only play a basketball game every 2-3 years and rarely know much about the sport, but the game lets you play a quick matchup as it installs and I'm only down by 2 at the half.
Old 11-16-13, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For people playing Warframe, make sure you you buy the Orokin items, they will double the amount of skill points you can use when equipping mods in armor and weapons.

The only thing that you can't get by playing the game are the Orokin items and additional weapon/suit slots.

Last edited by flashburn; 11-16-13 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-16-13, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Has anyone played NBA2K14 or NFS Rivals yet? Thoughts?
My rental copy of 2k14 should be in today's mail. Looking forward to trying it out even though I'm not much of a fan of sports games. At least I can invite a friend over and play something with him.
I watched a preview and it sounds like a lot of fun

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q6tTXj5n70c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-16-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

That's a huge gamechanger for online games. I'm assuming it'll be able to detect bad players that constantly swear and harass auto kick them? Even without the camera i wonder if the game would detect it from anyone wearing a mic?
Old 11-16-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
This. so fucking much this. I hate coming into this thread as a DUAL CONSOLE OWNER (last gen, and this gen in 6+ months) and seeing constant slams against the other system.
As an impartial observer of these threads over the last few months, I must say the bickering has been hilarious.
Old 11-16-13, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

It is. They've had it since 2k12 I think. Or at least since the Kinect/Move came out. I think it's cool, too.

My father-in-law has already said PS4 is phenomenal, and better than Xbox One in every way
Old 11-16-13, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Well so far so good..I opted to do the update via USB Flash and it went perfect. I just got hooking up the console running it thru our Yamaha AVR 671 and zero issues. Connected the CAT cable and didn't have to do any net configuration at all and connected without a problem. I logged in using the account I set up long ago on the net and it reconized me right away. Entered the code Amazon sent and took all but 5 seconds to give me the green light. I'm now DL Warframe and then will get the Starter pack I signed up for. Later on see how to send friend request and while at it do some more looking around on the interface.

Yet to see a actual game but so far the setup has been flawless and straightforward. Before doing anything I did read the manual and went online to follow the instructions for the 1.50 update to a letter. Boy...my XBL friends are going to be pissssed....I haven't broke the news to a few of them. If I don't see anyone on later I did promise Diablo III run tonight on the 360. Good luck to everyone here.
Old 11-16-13, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Obviously a ymmv situation. My ups, FedEx and even Onetrac all ring the bell.
both UPS & FedEX leave at door with no doorbell or sig required. Could have something to do with the 80 pound dog who barks at them like he wants to eat their throats when they come within 100 feet of the house....
Old 11-16-13, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy

My father-in-law has already said PS4 is phenomenal, and better than Xbox One in every way
ah no, please slap him
Old 11-16-13, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

OK, so I have a few questions that I'm hoping you guys can answer. I did not own a PS3 so I'm adjusting to the navigation.

Does it take long for everyone else to see their trophies? I'm logged on, but whenever I go to look at what new trophy I got it has to sync with PSN first. Aren't I logged on? I don't get this.

I have the free month of PSN+, but it still prompts me to buy it. Why? I was able to get the free games no problem.

In general it seems to take a while to load things in the dashboard. I thought this would be faster than the 360, but it seems stuck on that same speed. This seems to be related to anything PSN. Is it due to the influx of people?

Now, onto the game comments. Resogun is very fun, but I have no idea how the human thing works. Why do they sometimes die in their cage things? How do you know where and when they will be leaving. I feel like I get no notice sometimes before I find out a human has died. This game also doesn't seem to be recording my high scores. I have all levels unlocked, but it shows I have a 0 high score on every level.

I beat Contrast. It was an interesting game, but overly glitchy. I enjoyed the story though.

I have not touched any of the other games yet. Should I use my ten dollar credit to download Flower? I never played it, and have no idea what kind of game it is, but always heard good things about it.
Old 11-16-13, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
This game also doesn't seem to be recording my high scores. I have all levels unlocked, but it shows I have a 0 high score on every level.
I had this same issue and I think it was because I would quit out of the game before it ended (i.e. you lost all lives). Arcade Mode

Now I have the same high score for all the levels unlocked.

I'm guessing to get a high score for each individual level, we need to play Single Level and not Arcade.
Old 11-16-13, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

In Resogun the reason some of the humans die in their cage is that you aren't fast enough killing the enemies. You have to kill a certain enemy within a short amount of time in order to get them out of the cage. If you don't, the human dies.

Kind of annoying, since it looks like you're doing everything right, and all of a sudden a human dies on you. I think the best I've done is 7 saved in a level.
Old 11-16-13, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I just completed a level with 9... pissed that one died....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.