DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The PlayStation 4 / PS4 Thread: Still Going Strong (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615241-playstation-4-ps4-thread-still-going-strong.html)

Decker 09-27-20 11:24 AM

re: The PlayStation 4 / PS4 Thread: Still Going Strong

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13812725)
Dumb question time.
If one account on my console has PS+, can other accounts on that console access any of those features? I expect they can't redeem free games, but can they play free games that have been redeemed.by the other account?

Yes they can, as well as any non-free games purchased and downloaded on that system. And they can play games online. But the other accounts won’t have their game saves backed up to the Cloud.

Dan 09-27-20 11:56 AM

Thanks Decker. That sounds reasonable. Trying to figure out how best to add my 7 year old to the system without too much hassle/confusion.

Decker 09-27-20 12:22 PM

lwhy? 09-30-20 03:06 PM

Need for Speed: Payback and Vampyr are the free October Playstation Plus games.

K&AJones 10-07-20 06:06 AM

lately or once-in-awhile...I'll get one of these messages...."Are you 18, want to share a Hot Game together"...or something like that. Is there a way to block or even report these?

Music 10-07-20 06:39 AM

Yeah, press the start button when you are on the message and it will give you the options...

dsa_shea 10-07-20 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 13819195)
lately or once-in-awhile...I'll get one of these messages...."Are you 18, want to share a Hot Game together"...or something like that. Is there a way to block or even report these?

Well, do you? Sounds like a hot offer.

Michael Corvin 10-07-20 11:59 AM

I say you take one for the team and investigate. Report your findings when you're done. :)

The Questyen 10-10-20 02:35 PM

I forgot how slow the Playstation 3 is at downloading/installing games. Last night I bought 7 Ratchet & Clank games and left it on overnight to download. 10 hours later it was still downloading the last one and most of these have less than a GB file size. You then have to manually click on each one to install and that has been taking 30 minutes to an hour each.

My PS4 downloads modern games with giant file sizes in less than an hour.

dsa_shea 10-10-20 02:46 PM

The PS3 is painful to use even for media purposes. Everything is much faster these days. I did like putting my music files on my PS3 back then and using it as a jukebox of sorts.

K&AJones 10-11-20 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 13819357)
I say you take one for the team and investigate. Report your findings when you're done. :)

I actually did find two article, one being from 2018 though and probably has been patched/fixed.

The first one is on how to just Block and/or Un-Block Someone....https://www.playstation.com/en-nz/ge...-playstation-/

The second is actually from a story where people were getting messages that could Brick The PS4...from October 2018....apparently the PS4 couldn't read the message and would lock up. This just shows how to restrict your incoming messages....
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...orted_by_users

Music 10-11-20 08:02 AM

Why did you need to find articles? Just change your privacy settings so you only get messages from friends.

For someone that loves the PS4 so much, you don't seem to know a lot about it... or are you just not tech savvy at all? :)

K&AJones 10-15-20 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 13821604)
Why did you need to find articles? Just change your privacy settings so you only get messages from friends.

For someone that loves the PS4 so much, you don't seem to know a lot about it... or are you just not tech savvy at all? :)

I've never had these ...weird messages....before till recently. mainly left it open due to some games we play.....like Warframe....you get a message from someone not on friends list that was in a squad/group recently asking about your setup, helping them open up areas, what do you think of this and that weapon, character, etc......95%-98% of the messages are legit and have no problem with. Be a shame and a bit extreme to shut all those down over 2%-4% as*holes.....

lwhy? 10-16-20 09:30 PM

I read that the wishlists are going away on the Playstation store. I'm not happy about that.

Michael Corvin 10-16-20 10:10 PM

Me either. Wishlist seems like such a simple function to implement.

Sure people can use it to price watch and wait for sales, but on the flip side if I don't wishlist a game to buy later, I'll forget about it altogether and never spend the money at all.

DJariya 10-19-20 11:21 PM

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-n...a-digital-code

CD Keys has a 1 year membership to Playstation Plus for $29.99

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-n...a-digital-code

That's 1/2 regular price.

I let my last membership lapse probably in early 2020. So once I saw this price, I snagged it. It's worth it for this price.

Gooter 10-25-20 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 13825171)
Me either. Wishlist seems like such a simple function to implement.

Sure people can use it to price watch and wait for sales, but on the flip side if I don't wishlist a game to buy later, I'll forget about it altogether and never spend the money at all.

I just noticed the store changes and was coming here to vent. Corvin, agree 100% I used wishlist for all of these things too. Now it is out of sight, out of mind.

lwhy? 10-28-20 02:49 PM

Bugsnax( for PS5 only), Middle-Earth Shadow of War, and Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition are the November PlayStation Plus Games.

Music 10-28-20 03:04 PM

I figured it would include MLB The Show 20, since I just bought it. ;)

Michael Corvin 11-15-20 07:52 PM

So since PS5 has a "time played" feature you can check out your time played on PS4 games as well which is kinda fun to see. I've apparently spent 53 hours playing Resogun. :eek:

story 04-29-21 03:47 PM

We have 4 Dualshock 4 controllers paired to our PS4. One is lost. I bought 2 replacements. Neither will pair. I'm stumped.

I've tried 2 new controllers with 2 different USB cables in 2 different USB slots and tried the reset button under L2 on both. Nothing.

Last thing I can think of, can I not pair more than 4 controllers, or something? Because the lost one is lost. It's likely around here somewhere and it worked well. Should I connect the other three, "forget" this lost one, and try the others? I see 6 places for controllers, 4 occupied and 2 empty. I don't know if this move makes things worse. Edit: tried that, nothing happened.

We want to do 4-player Sonic Racing as a family and I'm stumped.

Michael Corvin 04-29-21 05:56 PM

Is there a way to unpair devices in the settings?

story 04-29-21 06:06 PM

Yeah, I did a "forget device" on the missing controller to see if that frees up a slot, or something, but that didn't change anything.

The Questyen 04-29-21 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by story (Post 13927664)
We have 4 Dualshock 4 controllers paired to our PS4. One is lost. I bought 2 replacements. Neither will pair. I'm stumped.

I've tried 2 new controllers with 2 different USB cables in 2 different USB slots and tried the reset button under L2 on both. Nothing.

Last thing I can think of, can I not pair more than 4 controllers, or something? Because the lost one is lost. It's likely around here somewhere and it worked well. Should I connect the other three, "forget" this lost one, and try the others? I see 6 places for controllers, 4 occupied and 2 empty. I don't know if this move makes things worse. Edit: tried that, nothing happened.

We want to do 4-player Sonic Racing as a family and I'm stumped.

Have you tried leaving your 2 new controllers plugged in for an hour or so to charge? It could be there is some sort of power threshold where it is not letting them be paired for the first time if they are almost dead?

story 04-29-21 08:25 PM

I thought they were but I'll charge them tonight and try again.