Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS4: 0 days without a DDoS attack

Old 02-26-19, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: PS4: 0 days without a DDoS attack

Weird, does the newer controller just have a stronger receiver or something?
Old 02-26-19, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was the part I couldn't figure out...but I will say the buttons and triggers were not that quick or took a bit extra effort. But I played the Magma Red one all last night....one I got about 1.5 years ago...and didn't give me any grief at all. Tonight I'll try my Franken-Contoller which I sort of grown fond off with that mega battery I put in. Might upgrade the Thumbsticks or something.
Old 02-26-19, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, btw, since you've done some work on the controller, does opening them up and cleaning the sticks help at all (like would I be surprised how much crud is in there) or is it no use? Otherwise I have to wait for another controller sale. It's such a big difference when I have to switch out controllers because my new one needs to charge.

And I swear I read your post totally but somehow still missed that you already tried resetting the controllers, so sorry for the lame suggestion...
Old 02-26-19, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes...the Analog Stick themselves do need it and with most of the controller, Rubbing Alcohol works fine with using a Q-tip, old Credit Card and toothpick to get in all the small places including the charge and headphone....just don't drench and it will evaporate. Without taking apart sometimes a can of compressed air around the Thumbsticks works but taking apart and "Using A Electrical Contact Cleaner". For the Basic good detailing & cleaning this is a good guide...

https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-PS4-Controller

For the Analog Sticks...this is as simple as it gets but no matter how, you almost have to tear down all the way to get to the Analog Sticks...
Old 02-26-19, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just wait for a sale and replace them once a year. You guys have way too much free time on your hands.
Old 02-27-19, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

PS+ for March is Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered and The Witness. That's it...

Kinda sucks having such a small list now with no more PS3 & Vita games . Also since The Witness was already free on GWG.
Old 02-27-19, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Still, it's pretty neat to see MWR on there. I'd been eyeing that one, and it sounds like the PS4 version is the one to have anyway.
Old 02-27-19, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Second the seeing the remastered MW...one of my favorite COD Titles and a pretty good story behind it. I played the heck out of it on the 360...and it looked great back then. The first mission...coming in at night during rain to board that ship set the stage. The one with all the Copters flying in and then dropping down in the street.....just a rush. Liked that night mode with all the "Green Lasers" which at that time was just cool. But that Sniper Mission having to fall back where that Ferris Wheel was....that gave me some frustration.
Old 03-07-19, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The new PS4 update will offer users remote play support for iOS devices. People like me who have an Android phone, well, we are SOL.

https://www.newsweek.com/ps4-remote-...-games-1355046
Old 03-07-19, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
The new PS4 update will offer users remote play support for iOS devices. People like me who have an Android phone, well, we are SOL.

https://www.newsweek.com/ps4-remote-...-games-1355046
It's typically easier to develop and deploy for iOS first. There's only a handful of iOS devices, from one manufacturer. "Android" covers thousands of devices from hundreds of manufacturers, and while, theoretically, the Android standardization should make them all run the same, in practice there's always quirks that pop up in specific devices, especially when the app is using native code, like this most likely is.

They're probably iron out the remaining bugs in the iOS version and let it generate interest and word of mouth before releasing an Android version.
Old 03-07-19, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Path of Exile (diablo clone) is supposed to come out tomorrow. From what i understand it's made by some of the guys who worked on Diablo 2, so it's a lot more similar to that than Diablo 3. No couch co-op though.
Old 03-07-19, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Path of Exile (diablo clone) is supposed to come out tomorrow. From what i understand it's made by some of the guys who worked on Diablo 2, so it's a lot more similar to that than Diablo 3. No couch co-op though.
Should mention that Path of Exile is free, and is considered on of the "free to pay" games that does it well, since the only things you can buy are cosmetics or certain account perks that don't affect gameplay.

Also, it wasn't by any of developers of Diablo 2, but was obviously inspired by it. Development started back in 2010, and they had a crowdfunding campaign in 2012, and open beta in 2013, before it was finally released for PC in late 2013. They've since kept updating it, releasing new expansions. They ported it to Xbox One in 2017, and they released the latest expansion in December.

They hired David Brevik as an adviser for their Chinese release with Tencent, but that was long after the game was developed.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/10/pa...ablo-designer/
Old 03-22-19, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like Sony is going the Nintendo Direct route

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...debuts-monday/
Old 03-22-19, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
Should mention that Path of Exile is free, and is considered on of the "free to pay" games that does it well, since the only things you can buy are cosmetics or certain account perks that don't affect gameplay.

Also, it wasn't by any of developers of Diablo 2, but was obviously inspired by it. Development started back in 2010, and they had a crowdfunding campaign in 2012, and open beta in 2013, before it was finally released for PC in late 2013. They've since kept updating it, releasing new expansions. They ported it to Xbox One in 2017, and they released the latest expansion in December.

They hired David Brevik as an adviser for their Chinese release with Tencent, but that was long after the game was developed.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/10/pa...ablo-designer/
It is scheduled now for next Tuesday 26th...and yes Free-to-Play just like with the PC version. They basically make all their money on the cosmetic stuff.....A lot of PS4 Diablo fans are looking forward to this and we'll just have to see. It's a bit different with the Leagues and all and especially the new Synthesis that came out that might not be the best to jump in and try PoE on. But I'm in and so are 2-3 of my friends. And FWIW...they already have a timeline for future Leagues with three different ones this year. I highly recommend anyone interested read up on the wiki and help guides to understand some on PoE
Old 03-22-19, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been watching a few "beginners guides" to PoE, and it sounds like its pretty damn complicated. And your inventory is so small, that you actually have to turn on a loot filter, so that the crappy loot doesn't even show up, so you don't have to run back to town constantly? I guess a larger stash and inventory will be the first buys for me if I get into it much.
Old 03-26-19, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sony will no longer stock digital codes for retail outlets

PSN cards unaffected

Following speculation from Twitter guru Wario64, Sony Interactive Entertainment has confirmed to multiple sources that it will no longer be stocking digital codes for games at retail outlets. The initial news
this weekend came from a scan of a GameStop employee memo that stated Sony would be ceasing the sale of full game download codes to the chain starting on April 1, 2019 (the start of the fiscal year). Details were a little scarce, but we now have a better picture of what will be happening moving forward.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, a Sony Interactive spokesperson stated, "I can confirm that as of April 1, 2019, we will no longer be offering full games through SIE's Global Digital at Retail program. The decision was made in order to align key businesses globally. To support full games and premium editions, SIE will introduce increased denominations at select retailers. DLC, add-ons, virtual currency, and season passes will still be available." The same memo was issued to Eurogamer, as well.

As for current codes out in the wild, those are expected to expire at the end of the month. Sony has urged anyone with a digital pre-order to have that changed to a physical one ASAP. The only exceptions to this policy shift are Mortal Kombat 11 and Days Gone (likely due to them releasing at the end of April). How long those codes will be active for is unknown.
Old 03-26-19, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well that's dumb when both competitors sell them. I give it a year before we see them on store shelves again.
Old 03-26-19, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never bought digital from retailers like that anyways.

If I'm going to shop at a store, I'm buying physical.
Old 03-27-19, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That sucks for Best Buy digital preorders that qualified for the $10 reward zone certificate.
Old 03-27-19, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

PS+ games for April are The Surge and Conan Exiles.

The Surge was a mistake freebie for a few hours a couple months ago, so one free game for me next month. This sucks
Old 04-11-19, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You can change your PSN username now. I was at a friends house a few years ago and unfortunately made butchjones16 my username..... I changed it as soon as I heard that you could change it yesterday.
Old 04-14-19, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Watch a youtube video to get Game of Thrones theme and avatars for PSN.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ne...me-of-thrones/
Old 04-14-19, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
You can change your PSN username now. I was at a friends house a few years ago and unfortunately made butchjones16 my username..... I changed it as soon as I heard that you could change it yesterday.
Nice. Did you go with FartSniper7 or something less formal?

Originally Posted by story View Post
That name change option is going to help all those 30-year-old men who signed up as 15-year-old bros signing up as GirlHunter4Lyfe and FartSniper7.
Old 04-14-19, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by story View Post
Nice. Did you go with FartSniper7 or something less formal?
Nope. I wouldn't let me change it to lwhy? since it had a question mark in it. Someone already had lwhy so I settled with lwhy83
Old 04-15-19, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I think even Butch Jones changed his name as soon as he could. I heard he changed it to Jim McElwain.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.