Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS4: 0 days without a DDoS attack

Old 08-13-14, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
re: PS4: 0 days without a DDoS attack

Originally Posted by chess View Post
Rime looks incredible:
It does, but only because of the art design. Technically (besides some of the lighting effects), it doesn't look like anything that couldn't have been achieved on the PS3/360.
Old 08-13-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
It does, but only because of the art design. Technically (besides some of the lighting effects), it doesn't look like anything that couldn't have been achieved on the PS3/360.
For that matter, it looks an awful lot like Wind Waker on Gamecube, but so what? I think you'll be able to say that about a lot of games this gen, especially the smaller ones.

Artful though, right? Right?

Somebody should start a petition to change its name to "Last Guardian".
Old 08-13-14, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Artful though, right? Right?
Yes, it certainly contains artistic elements.
Old 08-13-14, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Create your own masterpiece at Greatnessawaits.com...

http://greatnessawaits.gamermasterpi...gallery/page/0
Old 08-13-14, 11:43 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Create your own masterpiece at Greatnessawaits.com...

http://greatnessawaits.gamermasterpi...gallery/page/0
Finally, my plan of making a Boogie Nights video game will actually happen.
Old 08-14-14, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

More details of the "SharePlay" feature out....

As per the details provided at the GamesCom presser, SharePlay feature will allow gamers to play local multiplayer games with a friend who is not physically with you.Now this will work in two conditions: In first scenario, players can hand off "Virtually" controller to a friend as if you were both sitting in the same room, so you could take turns with a singleplayer title. In second scenario, you will be able to invite a friend of yours to play game's local multiplayer with you again, without actually being in the same physical location.

Well, this was the only information shared by Sony, now here comes the hidden part of the story, there is a time limit attached to SharePlay feature, it is limited to just 60 minutes.In a recent interview to French Gaming Website, Sony's Jum Ryan said:

"There is a limit, which is incredibly generous in my opinion: it is 60 minutes."

Ryan added: "Also, if I am a PS + member and not you, I invite you to play even if you're not a member PS Plus. However, if you want to play against me, competitive, you have to be PS + member."

In addition to this, Ryan also confirmed that Playstation 4 owners with no Playstation Plus subscription will be able to receive SharePlay invites but they won't be able to take part in co-op experience with their friend.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15833-ps...rous-says.html

I don't have a problem with this at all. If anyone thought this was going to be "unlimited" then how the heck were DEVs going to make any money and stay in business. If anything it's a "Limited Demo" that one doesn't have to deal with a DL, can still try out and decide. With one hour of gameplay you ought to be able to decide or not if you want the game.
Old 08-14-14, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 322 Likes on 192 Posts

Is it 60 minutes per game, 60 minutes per friend or 60 minutes per game session?

Anyway, that sounds okay. I still think this is sort of what MS would have done if their all-digital model was in effect (unlike a few fanboys here who SWORE it was going to be unlimited free sharing).
Old 08-14-14, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't have a problem with this at all. If anyone thought this was going to be "unlimited" then how the heck were DEVs going to make any money and stay in business. If anything it's a "Limited Demo" that one doesn't have to deal with a DL, can still try out and decide. With one hour of gameplay you ought to be able to decide or not if you want the game.
Yup, say hello to the new demo, which doesn't require anywhere near the same development resources as old demos and is better and more social.

It's kind of brilliant, actually.
Old 08-14-14, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Alienation from Housemarque looks tasty.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gGE1u-XjKs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-14-14, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Is it 60 minutes per game, 60 minutes per friend or 60 minutes per game session?

Anyway, that sounds okay. I still think this is sort of what MS would have done if their all-digital model was in effect (unlike a few fanboys here who SWORE it was going to be unlimited free sharing).
I saw the memos! They were on golden plated buried in a stone box on a hill near my house! I translated them for the world! They said free games for all!
Old 08-14-14, 09:45 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

So the only way I can "demo" a single player game is if my friend sends me a SharePlay invite and he's forced to leave his PS4 on while I play for an hour? That's not brilliant at all.

I mean, I like this SharePlay idea, but with the way this appears to work (not unlike PS Now, since the inviter is streaming the game to the invitee), I'm not convinced that that particular experience will be very good. The multiplayer stuff makes more sense, though.

I'd rather just download the first X-GB of the game so I can play it on my own terms for an hour.

(unlike a few fanboys here who SWORE it was going to be unlimited free sharing).
I think only ONE person actually claimed unlimited free sharing for all... and that was silly. Silly like a fox!
Old 08-14-14, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
So the only way I can "demo" a single player game is if my friend sends me a SharePlay invite and he's forced to leave his PS4 on while I play for an hour? That's not brilliant at all.

I mean, I like this SharePlay idea, but with the way this appears to work (not unlike PS Now, since the inviter is streaming the game to the invitee), I'm not convinced that that particular experience will be very good. The multiplayer stuff makes more sense, though.

I'd rather just download the first X-GB of the game so I can play it on my own terms for an hour.
That's a fair point, depending on how many of your games you buy based on word of mouth. I like what PS+ used to do on PS3, where they'd let you play select games for an hour or two as part of your PS+ subscription. They should just open that up for all games, and it's kind of similar to what you're describing.

Or maybe Twitch is the new demo?
Old 08-14-14, 09:59 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

That's a fair point, depending on how many of your games you buy based on word of mouth. I like what PS+ used to do on PS3, where they'd let you play select games for an hour or two as part of your PS+ subscription. They should just open that up for all games, and it's kind of similar to what you're describing.
Yes, I'd be on board with that, myself. Actually, they could utilize the PS Now infrastructure to allow you to stream select PS4 games for an hour, then if you choose to buy, you download the game (or buy it on disc, I guess).

Or maybe Twitch is the new demo?
In some cases, this works. I've watched a handful of Twitch videos and although I've enjoyed some of them (watching some people play DayZ was interesting), they're mostly boring because you're jumping into the stream at a totally random point in the game. I don't like that, especially if the story is kind of a big part of it.
Old 08-14-14, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Alienation from Housemarque looks tasty.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gGE1u-XjKs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can we all just agree that Housemarque are fucking gods?

Figured that out just playing Resogun....makes me wonder just what limits they have.
Old 08-14-14, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New IP from Ninja Theory...makers of heavenly Sword, DMC Devil May Cry. Good looking trailer though not much but several say it does have references to Heavenly Sword.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0LVLFvwtHJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-14-14, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Does anyone else see DayZ and keep saying Daisy? It totally undermines it.
Old 08-14-14, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Seems like a spiritual successor, but Ninja Theory get to keep the IP, where I think Sony owns Heavenly Sword. I thought the trailer was a sequel until the very end when the name came up.

But seriously: Heavenly Sword / Hell Blade
Old 08-14-14, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like Sony and the PS4 landed another one. Seems to me we're slowly seeing "PC Ported" games coming over. In any case looks interesting....

Ether One Coming Soon to PS4

Ether One, the highly rated PC adventure game from White Paper Games, is headed to PlayStation 4.

The developers announced they intend to update the PC game for the console experience, as opposed to simply porting it. "The exciting thing about releasing on PS4 is that we’ll be creating Ether One from scratch in the new Unreal Engine 4. That means it’s not just a direct port, we’ll be re-building it again in UE4 to make it feel great on console."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...ng-soon-to-ps4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T7NnumO99XA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-14-14, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sony
Below are the PlayStation highlights from the July NPD report:
  • PlayStation 4 was #1 in sales for the seventh consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.
  • PlayStation 4 led the month for next generation software sales by a considerable margin, with The Last of Us Remastered taking the #1 spot.
  • PlayStation 4 games accounted for more than half of total next generation software sales.
  • For the second consecutive month, PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3).

Other notable global PlayStation 4 sales milestones from this week:
  • PlayStation 4 sales have surpassed 10 million units sold through to consumers worldwide, demonstrating the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation hardware history.
  • More than 30 million copies of PS4 software have been sold in retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PS Store.
1. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
2. Minecraft (360, PS3)
3. FIFA 14 (360,PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
4. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
5. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC)
7. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
8. Sniper Elite III (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
9. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)
Old 08-14-14, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

Seems to me we're slowly seeing "PC Ported" games coming over. .
As someone who doesn't game on PC, I'm fine with this.
Old 08-14-14, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

As a PC guy, I've never even heard of Ether One.
Old 08-14-14, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker View Post

Man, MS was going to make it work, all the devs would've signed off, and we would've had gaming utopia if people didn't complain. We were so close to gaming utopia. Now we have to wait for the dagger to do its work and the Xbox One can go back to the original plan.

Actually, looking back, even if they had implemented this feature as fanboys dreamed it up at launch, there aren't enough titles for me to have even used it. Maybe Titanfall? I'm meh on this whole generation so far...
Old 08-15-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

40 minutes of Driveclub. It's Youtube by way of Twitch, so there are some quality issues in the video, but the sense of speed is pretty legit. This might find its way onto my radar after all...see how the PS+ "demo" plays.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L427Tt7Dk6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by chess; 08-15-14 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-15-14, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I keep forgetting about this since I have Assassins Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 down around that time but this looks way to good to pass up. The PS4 has some good stuff now and coming later but a real true, excellent Racing Game...not like this.
Old 08-15-14, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Add another.....

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Will Be PS4 Console Exclusive; PC Version Still Arriving First

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey is set to revive the cult classic series after a period of dormancy, and for those looking to jump back into the series with a PS4, you will be in luck.

Developer Red Thread Games announced through a tweet that Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey will be a PS4 exclusive to consoles, with the developer later clarifying in a subsequent tweet that the PC version of the game will still be arriving first before the game makes its debut on consoles. Currently, Dreamfall Chapters has no solid release date announced at this time, but developer Red Thread is aiming for a November 2014 launch window for the title.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/...rriving-first/

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.