Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout 4

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Fallout 4

The radioactive thunderstorms are a sight to behold and a bit terrifying to boot.
Old 11-20-15, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
The radioactive thunderstorms are a sight to behold and a bit terrifying to boot.
I encountered my first storm in the middle of the night at the General Atomics Galleria with all of the Mr. Handy robots floating around. It was awesome/terrifying.
Old 11-20-15, 09:39 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

So I was wandering around with Codsworth and came across a Galleria run by robots. They all look like Codsworth (Mr. Handy model), but obviously have different names and talk differently.

Anyway, I walked into a coffee shop where a robot offered me a coffee that was "a hundred hundred hundred degrees." He causes an explosion (obviously), and Codsworth went apeshit and killed us both.

So, after I respawned, and went back to the Galleria, I didn't do that part again, but still, any time Codsworth got too close to another robot in that area for more than 30 seconds or so, he'd start attacking them, which would cause all the robots to start attacking me. What the hell is going on? Why is he fighting other robots? Fucking Codsworth...
Old 11-20-15, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Codsworth is a badass
Old 11-20-15, 12:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone know if you need to keep the holotapes/notes/bobbleheads on you after you find them? (I know you can ditch magazines.)

I'm really annoyed digging through the inventory crap when I'm transferring to/from the creates in my settlement.
Old 11-20-15, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bryce0lynch
Does anyone know if you need to keep the holotapes/notes/bobbleheads on you after you find them? (I know you can ditch magazines.)

I'm really annoyed digging through the inventory crap when I'm transferring to/from the creates in my settlement.
Just make a container and stick 'em in there. I know you can make a bobblehead stand... I have one.
Old 11-20-15, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holy crap! Nexus already has 39 pages of mods (PC). I thought I would play one game without mods but I guess I'm kidding myself.
Old 11-20-15, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bryce0lynch

No, once you pick them up you get the permanent stat buff. I keep all my bobbleheads on a stand in Sancturay, as well as all of my magazine in magazine racks.
Old 11-20-15, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
Holy crap! Nexus already has 39 pages of mods (PC). I thought I would play one game without mods but I guess I'm kidding myself.
I looked through some of them last night. Didn't see any must-haves. Normally I go for the graphic mods first, but I'm afraid my framerate will tank considering how intensive the game already is.
Old 11-20-15, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, shit. Mod Organizer won't support 64 bit, so that is out of the picture. I never much liked Nexus Mod Manager. What to do, what to do...

I don't know covenant, that craftable ammo mod looks good. I always liked crafting ammo in New Vegas to give my guns a little extra punch.
I was hoping for one that allowed more than one companion... not yet I guess.
Failing that, I'll do carry weight modification. Anything to mitigate the intensive inventory management.
Old 11-20-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by covenant
I looked through some of them last night. Didn't see any must-haves. Normally I go for the graphic mods first, but I'm afraid my framerate will tank considering how intensive the game already is.
You absolutely should grab the ENB mod. I didn't see any performance drop when using it, and it makes everything look a lot more colorful.
Old 11-20-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Good to know.
I wanted to avoid getting into the mods so soon, but yall gonna make me do it.
And we all know you can't stop with just one....
Old 11-20-15, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Do Radiant quests send you to locations found in scripted quests? I don't wanna clear out story quest locations while doing radiants.
Old 11-20-15, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I haven't played this game, but...what? Not safe for work-ish?

NSFW:
Old 11-20-15, 04:37 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

lazy devs.

/s
Old 11-20-15, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

LOL!

And... Like a male teenager having sex for the first time.... I couldn't hold it anymore. I bought the PC version of the game. In my defense, it was $20 in Best Buy after all the GCs and discounts.

I have only played for ~30 hours in the X1, so it will be interesting to see what I can do in the PC. At least 5 hours choosing mods, before starting the game, of course.
Old 11-20-15, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a quick question for those who have finished the main quest line. I know it's a bit early to be having a full on discussion, so be mindful about tagging your responses:

Spoiler:
Throughout the entire game, the reason most people were distrustful of The Institute was because of their alleged kidnapping of citizens and "replacing" them with synths. Somehow, this plot point NEVER came up during my interactions with the Institute. Is it ever revealed anywhere? I did kinda cut my ties with them early, so maybe I just missed it this playthrough. But it was tough making up my mind when such a major issue went unmentioned.
Old 11-20-15, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
LOL!

And... Like a male teenager having sex for the first time.... I couldn't hold it anymore. I bought the PC version of the game. In my defense, it was $20 in Best Buy after all the GCs and discounts.

I have only played for ~30 hours in the X1, so it will be interesting to see what I can do in the PC. At least 5 hours choosing mods, before starting the game, of course.
Yeah, I got the PC version too, along with the ps4. I got the PC version just to mod, and screw around in.
Old 11-20-15, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I just picked this up today for the PS4. I wanted to go PC, but I had some BB credit to use and didn't feel like buying a Steam card and coming home to wait for the game to install. Just being impatient.

So quick question, I'm maybe 4-5 hours in -- how much base building should I be doing at my house/Red Rocket? Is there any reason to focus on that this early in the game? It seems super intimidating and right now I'd rather just go explore.
Old 11-21-15, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
So quick question, I'm maybe 4-5 hours in -- how much base building should I be doing at my house/Red Rocket? Is there any reason to focus on that this early in the game? It seems super intimidating and right now I'd rather just go explore.
Yeah, explore. There's no rush to build your base right away. Also, by exploring, you'll better find the resources you'll need.
Old 11-21-15, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've pretty much ignored the whole base building thing except for a few quests where you have to build a structure or two. I wanted to explore and do Fallout stuff, not play Minecraft: Wasteland Edition.

However, I guess if you put a little effort into it you do rack up XP for each thing you build, and apparently you can get a steady Cap income rolling in which could be nice. Even though my first character had max Charisma, I haven't put any points into the vendor related perks, so ammo & supply prices still run fairly high.

I'm probably going to spend some time with it on my new character in order to open up some higher income. I'm focusing on melee, heavy weapons & power armor, so the upkeep is going to be higher due repairing the armor often, buying expensive Fusion Cores, etc.

One thing I DO recommend (and something I didn't do at all my first time through) is go around each settlement you clear and scrap everything you can. You'll rack up a lot of upgrade and building materials that will automatically be stored in the Workshop. Saves a lot of the hassle of picking up every coffee cup you come across.
Old 11-21-15, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

The only thing holding me back from creating an actual settlement is having to go back to defend it again and again while I am in the middle of other things.
Old 11-21-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Defending a settlement really doesn't show up too often, and if you ignore it you just need to repair a few broken things. I'm still doing the settlement stuff a bit, but honestly other than building crafting tables, it seems a bit pointless.
Old 11-21-15, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I'm on hiatus until tomorrow night when I get back home but one thing I remember about some of the folks I leave at any settlement is giving them at least a sleeping bag if I don't have materials for beds. That seems to raise morale.
Old 11-21-15, 11:34 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finished. 78 hours. I had made a hard save early on when you had to split up missions, so I am going back to clear up other paths, but for how I wanted to play I did everything.

Spoiler on who I sided with in the end
Spoiler:
Institute
I did not think I would, but it just sort of worked out that way as I went. I honestly found myself involved with the choices I made and felt actual
Spoiler:
sorrow
on how things worked out.

I had zero glitches. No freezes. No missions being locked out in my near 80 hours. There was a lot of frame rate drops outside but it never hurt the game.

Overall I would put this on the same level as Fallout 3. It is more structured, and easier to follow, with a smaller feeling world, but more populated. Each game has a little something that makes it special.

Still Bloodborne is by far my favorite game of the year. This is a clear second.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.