DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Fallout 4 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615236-fallout-4-a.html)

Rival11 03-02-20 10:00 AM

Re: Fallout 4

Started playing this again with the mods - they're brilliant!!! The silent hill mod is excellent, siren head is creepy as hell and you can even adjust the settings of the mod via a chem station (the mod at different points in time turns the screen pitch black and you have to fight off a bunch of enemies - it gets old fast) siren head is amazing though, just the design and how close he got the red rocket station I have all my stuff setup at.

The main cheat mod is excellent as well - just open up your pip-boy and literally enable/disable whatever you want - there is even a god mode.

I bought the nuka-world dlc and even though I'm using god mode with it, it's still very enjoyable (also, it's TOUGH, I would have ended up cheating any way lol).

Other mods I like:

Wintertime in the wasteland (requires far harbor and nuka-world dlc)
institute suit
Jetpack (found on the top shelf in a megamart) - this is my fav as you go anywhere somewhat quickly and get a great view of everything.
The macho-man death claw
wasteland hills (silent hill)
Springtime in the wasteland
The companion mod that let's you travel with two companions (can't remember the name)
Cheat terminal (acessible via the misc option on your pip-boy)

Why So Blu? 04-27-20 10:51 AM

It's been a year and a half since I played last and never did get past that Nuka World glitch where the door does not open to let me in to fight. I popped this in to see if there were any updates the other day and there was a 7GB update in there.

I may start again from scratch and add a few mods. I'd really like to finish Nuka World, but don't know if I have the patience to do it without mods to get there again. Took a long ass time.

GoVegan 04-30-20 11:40 AM

I've been playing through the game again in VR, using my Oculus Quest and the Link cable and it's been a ton of fun. It's definitely a completely different perspective on the game. It's going to take me ages to get through since I've only been playing for an hour or so at a time, but I'm glad I picked it up again.

Dramallama 05-02-20 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by GoVegan (Post 13733156)
I've been playing through the game again in VR, using my Oculus Quest and the Link cable and it's been a ton of fun. It's definitely a completely different perspective on the game. It's going to take me ages to get through since I've only been playing for an hour or so at a time, but I'm glad I picked it up again.

That is probably insane to play in VR. I have the quest but no PC. Just the Xbox X

Why So Blu? 09-27-20 09:47 AM

So I tried playing this again and looks like my PS4 keeps giving me that error ps4 error ce-34878-0. I decided to start from scratch again and I can't get past the opening nuke that goes off as you're going into the vault. That damn error screen kills the game every time.

The weird part is that I also have Skyrim DLC and mods (digital version) and that plays fine along with all the other apps and stuff. I have the old PS4 Destiny edition - the white one, so i don't know if it's just that time. I'm backing up all of my data to an external 2 TB HD, so maybe I'll start it up again when my PS5 arrives. In the meantime, I'm gonna play some Skyrim again.

K&AJones 09-27-20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13812697)
So I tried playing this again and looks like my PS4 keeps giving me that error ps4 error ce-34878-0. I decided to start from scratch again and I can't get past the opening nuke that goes off as you're going into the vault. That damn error screen kills the game every time.

The weird part is that I also have Skyrim DLC and mods (digital version) and that plays fine along with all the other apps and stuff. I have the old PS4 Destiny edition - the white one, so i don't know if it's just that time. I'm backing up all of my data to an external 2 TB HD, so maybe I'll start it up again when my PS5 arrives. In the meantime, I'm gonna play some Skyrim again.

i pulled up the error and what they say try and do on the official site....https://support.playstation.com/s/ar...language=en_US

I haven't tried my Fallout 4 in a long time....is yours on the main or USB drive?...i checked the Bethesda site and that wasn't much help basically saying try a few thing and then go to thr Sony Help Site above. i did see where some XBox players had issues and it seemed like it revolved around the game cache....they did a sort of hard Re-Boot...basically pulling the power like you would get a Power failure and then having the system go thru a safe mode process of checking the drive and files....wish I had more....

Why So Blu? 09-27-20 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 13812718)
i pulled up the error and what they say try and do on the official site....https://support.playstation.com/s/ar...language=en_US

I haven't tried my Fallout 4 in a long time....is yours on the main or USB drive?...i checked the Bethesda site and that wasn't much help basically saying try a few thing and then go to thr Sony Help Site above. i did see where some XBox players had issues and it seemed like it revolved around the game cache....they did a sort of hard Re-Boot...basically pulling the power like you would get a Power failure and then having the system go thru a safe mode process of checking the drive and files....wish I had more....

It was on the main, but I moved it over to the external drive. I have the 500GB and it was nearly full.

mndtrp 09-28-20 01:12 PM

For what it's worth, I played Fallout 4 from an external drive without any issues. I'm pretty sure there's a way to force the PS4 to do the drive check process in the settings somewhere.

Why So Blu? 06-20-21 02:23 PM

Looks like there's a new DLC mod coming to Fallout 4 at some point. They unveiled the trailer a few days ago:

K&AJones 06-21-21 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13947684)
Looks like there's a new DLC mod coming to Fallout 4 at some point. They unveiled the trailer a few days ago:

WOW....that came out of no-where....and from looks of it, that could almost be a whole new game. I had to park FO76...and Elder Scrolls Online....just can't pay the $14 a month sub fee right now on both. FO4 to me was THE FO Game; never really totally finished and did some DLC but FO London...that looked interesting....thanks for posting.

K&AJones 06-28-21 02:36 PM

Well this is really sad...we've rescued Dogs for a long time...even had a German Shepard but over the last 5-7 years have lost 6 dogs.....
An Ode To Fallout 4's Dogmeat After Real Life Dog Inspiration Named River Passes Away - Game Informer

An Ode To Fallout 4's Dogmeat After Real Life Dog Inspiration Named River Passes Away

Another good article from Polygon.... RIP Fallout 4’s Dogmeat: Canine actor, developer’s friend, passes away - Polygon

Rob V 04-17-24 11:01 AM

I'm years late to this game but it's free on Game Pass and with the show hype, I fired it up and was really digging it.... until my power suit glitched mid-mission, stayed sort of on, sort of off and I couldn't access my Pip Boy no matter what. I had no old saves to go back to, so I'm stuck about 3 hours in with a glitched suit. Awesome.

MrX 04-17-24 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 14414690)
I'm years late to this game but it's free on Game Pass and with the show hype, I fired it up and was really digging it.... until my power suit glitched mid-mission, stayed sort of on, sort of off and I couldn't access my Pip Boy no matter what. I had no old saves to go back to, so I'm stuck about 3 hours in with a glitched suit. Awesome.

You never fully experience a Bethesda game until you want to smash your controller into a wall because you hit a game breaking glitch and you realize you forgot to save recently.

This will happen multiple times in the future so save frequently.

davidh777 04-17-24 12:41 PM

I've always wanted to play this game. Maybe I'll wait a little longer till they patch the bugs. ;)

nickdawgy 04-17-24 02:06 PM

They’re supposedly going to give it a next gen update next week.

GatorDeb 04-17-24 02:18 PM

I own the whole franchise from various freebies over the years. A next gen update would be awesome as I hear 4 and New Vegas are the best, I have yet to play one.

nickdawgy 04-17-24 08:30 PM

You heard right. I’m gonna play 4 again as soon as they release the update.

I played 76 for a month. I paid $12 for the Fallout First thing and got a private server. It was very fun. But once the quests run out, you’re just grinding and doing events. Not fun for me.

Rob V 04-18-24 06:36 AM

I might check out the update as well... gotta say that the controls are wonky and not intuitive (ie accessing weapons or stim packs). I like how Far Cry does it with the wheel and I hope the update follows suit.

mndtrp 04-18-24 10:52 AM

Yeah, Bethesda Fallout Rule #1: Save, save often, clog up your drives with more saves than you think is necessary.

I struggled to get through the last 20 minutes of Fallout 3, possibly one of the DLCs. I finally made it through by saving every minute or two. It would crash, I'd reload, get two more minutes, save, crash, repeat. I didn't have that problem with any of the other games, but I still try to save every 20-30 minutes.

davidh777 04-18-24 11:41 AM

Will the update be a separate purchasable sku? I’m just wondering because the current ones are on sale right now.

maxfisher 04-18-24 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 14415194)
Will the update be a separate purchasable sku? I’m just wondering because the current ones are on sale right now.

I'm not sure about a separate sku, but everyone who owns a current version should get the upgrade for free. I went ahead and bought the GOTY edition for $10. I started the game years ago and it didn't grab me in the first couple hours, but the show has put me in enough of a mood for more Fallout that I thought I'd give it another try.

lwhy? 04-18-24 02:42 PM

I want to play this now after watching half of the tv show. I've never played Fallout, but I've watched videos of it. I have Fallout 4 for free I think it was was part of the PlayStation Plus collection that you got for free when you bought a PS5. I'm little concerned about starting it since it sounds like there are still game breaking bugs nearly 9 years after release.

davidh777 04-18-24 03:57 PM

Is Fallout 4 a good entry point? I already have the 360 version of Fallout 3, but the last backward-compatible game I played, Just Cause 2, seemed kinda clunky.

MrX 04-18-24 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 14415277)
Is Fallout 4 a good entry point? I already have the 360 version of Fallout 3, but the last backward-compatible game I played, Just Cause 2, seemed kinda clunky.

It’s not connected to any other games so starting with 4 is fine.

K&AJones 04-19-24 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 14415277)

I'd go with Fallout 4 at this point especially with the Nex Gen Update coming. Some of the screen shots look good and plus they're doing a lot more to it also. I'm back playing 76 but to me FO4 felt and looked like what Fallout should be...how it even starts out, the NPCs who talk to and meet, companions that all have their stories...and the VAT system in it is far better than VATs in 76. In 76 the main pull there is playing with friends, seeing others in the game and playing along side them when events pop up like in The Nuke Zone......plus FO4 has some really good DLC....