DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Fallout 4 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615236-fallout-4-a.html)

slop101 11-13-15 04:55 PM

Re: Fallout 4

Nerds...

rocketsauce 11-13-15 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 12644376)
Nerds...

haha, that's great

Supermallet 11-13-15 10:34 PM

I played a little bit, killed the Deathworm or whatever it's called. Took Dogmeat to the gun in the first vault and he wouldn't get the gun for me. Am I doing something wrong?

mhg83 11-13-15 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Supermallet (Post 12644627)
I played a little bit, killed the Deathworm or whatever it's called. Took Dogmeat to the gun in the first vault and he wouldn't get the gun for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Go through some button prompts. I think I had to click on a button that told him to fetch. It isn't the normal command. It'll switch to third person, your character will kneel to talk to him and that's when you'll get the extra button prompts.

Supermallet 11-13-15 10:57 PM

Oh, interesting! Okay. I'll mess around with it. Thanks!

mhg83 11-14-15 12:31 AM

A big complaint I have is the notification texts that pop up when you receive a new item. It shows up for a quick second I can never catch what it says. I have to go through all my menus to find what was added. Hope it gets fixed.

foxdvd 11-14-15 12:56 AM

so far..level 16...loving it.

mhg83 11-14-15 02:40 AM

So what's everyone's favorite weapon at the moment? I'm still using The "Righteous Authority" Laser Rifle. It fills my critical meter up so freaking quick especially with the energy weapons bobble head I found. It was so powerful the game was way too easy at that point (was on Normal) I cranked it up to Hard. A bit more challenging now.

I also have most of my points into strength. Modded my Baseball bat with barbed wire and spikes on brass knuckles. I can now approach Super Mutants and knock their heads off with my fists :lol:

Am now at Level 15. Before this game I would say Witcher 3 is GOTY but FO4 is now a serious contender :)

Me007gold 11-14-15 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 12644699)
So what's everyone's favorite weapon at the moment?

I am using Overseer's Guardian, or Old Faithful pretty frequently. Currently at lvl 26, and barley touched the main story

Also this website might help. www.fallouttracker.com It tells you what bobbleheads/magazaines/unique weapons you have, and if you don't it tells you where you can find them. Lots of potential for spoilers though

Why So Blu? 11-14-15 09:25 AM

I use the Righteous Authority and switch back to the scoped hunting rifle that has a bayonet attachment. Love the damage and range it causes.

I have only one bobble head and that one is the "perception" one, I believe. I'm also on level 20 something.

Ran into a Savage Deathclaw. Looks like I will have to get stronger before I can knock him out.

flashburn 11-14-15 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Me007gold (Post 12644733)
Also this website might help. www.fallouttracker.com It tells you what bobbleheads/magazaines/unique weapons you have, and if you don't it tells you where you can find them. Lots of potential for spoilers though

It tells you, or you have to add everything you've already found to the site and then keep updating it with what you get? I don't see any way to import in information, so the idea is nice, but the execution is pretty lacking.

Why So Blu? 11-14-15 12:04 PM

That's a cool cheat sheet but the only problem is that some of those items are probably in advanced safes. I was in Pickman Gallery and cleared it up but there was a safe there that was advanced, so there's no way for me to have opened it. According to that cheat sheet there's a bobblehead there.

Nth Power 11-14-15 12:10 PM

I'm at level 13 with points mainly in Perception and Agility. Haven't used any companions other than DogMeat so far but he's pretty awesome.

Mainly using Righteous Authority with a long scope to snipe and for stronger enemies, but switch to a modded 10mm for smaller ones.

I started out trying to clear the NW corner of the map, but decided to get going on the main quest which has been pretty good so far.

Phodg 11-14-15 12:16 PM

I can't even get Dogmeat to go down into Vault 111 with me. I lead him to the platform, run over and hit the button. He's there with me as we're going down, but when I get to the bottom he's gone. Even if I tell him to stay. When I get back to the surface he reappears next to me.

mhg83 11-14-15 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nth Power (Post 12644868)

I started out trying to clear the NW corner of the map, but decided to get going on the main quest which has been pretty good so far.

I finished the quest "reunions" the other day. I plan to finish the main this weekend since the internet trolls are supposedly Private Messaging the ending to users on Reddit. WTF

astrochimp 11-14-15 01:11 PM

New to FO. Level 7. Only decent weapon is short laser musket.

I can't seem to clear the enemies in that Corvega plant. Been all over it and I can't find anyone else to kill. Love to get it done cuz the frame rate in that building is brutal.

Edit: Got it done. Missed a lower area.

Supermallet 11-14-15 01:15 PM

I'm currently running a semi-balanced character that trends higher on intelligence and charisma, but none of my specials are less than 3.

I'm considering doing a second run later as a survivalist freak, max my endurance and strength and go high-ish on agility, pick every perk that enhances my ability to survive (like lead belly) and just stumble my way through the game.

dsa_shea 11-14-15 04:29 PM

Codsworth is a kick ass companion and can help you plow through some raiders. I took him with me to the satellite and he did some work in there for me.

flashburn 11-14-15 07:43 PM

Something I just figured out today. You can get your companion to wear... Power... Armor!!! So sick. You also don't need to use Fusions Cores to power it either. Not sure if it's perhaps just cosmetic or not yet, but it's pretty badass none-the-less.

Canis Firebrand 11-14-15 09:26 PM

I lost my power armor. :( I had the suit that I got from the museum. I went back to Sanctuary with it and dropped it off. When my game was loaded on a subsequent night, it was no where to be found. :(

Also, I wonder if my game is broken?

I found a dog at the Red Rocket diner before I every went to Sanctuary after escaping the vault. It let me take him with me as a companion. But his name is simply Dog. I've seen people with a dog companion posting pics online and the dogs name (looks the same as mine) is Dogmeat.

Supermallet 11-14-15 09:47 PM

I think the dog I found at the Red Rocket was also called Dog for a while, but then some NPC at the Museum referred to him as Dogmeat and then it showed as Dogmeat on the HUD.

Easy 11-14-15 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand (Post 12645187)
I lost my power armor. :( I had the suit that I got from the museum. I went back to Sanctuary with it and dropped it off. When my game was loaded on a subsequent night, it was no where to be found. :(

You need to pull the power core. If you leave the suit powered up anyone can walk off with it... and they will. Do you leave your keys in the car when you park downtown? :)

Why So Blu? 11-14-15 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Easy (Post 12645213)
You need to pull the power core. If you leave the suit powered up anyone can walk off with it... and they will. Do you leave your keys in the car when you park downtown? :)

Unless you leave it in the special designated crane. What I have seen people do is charge their portable device on one of the leg ports. It's pretty hilarious cuz they get pissy when you walk near them. Good to know about that, though.

Why So Blu? 11-14-15 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by flashburn (Post 12645129)
Something I just figured out today. You can get your companion to wear... Power... Armor!!! So sick. You also don't need to use Fusions Cores to power it either. Not sure if it's perhaps just cosmetic or not yet, but it's pretty badass none-the-less.

You know, Piper turned on me and I was outside of the armor standing next to it and she got into the the armor and killed me. It was funny, badass, and irritating all at the same time. :lol:

flashburn 11-15-15 08:48 AM

Only thing I can't figure out is how to get your companion to EXIT the power armor suit.

Also it definitely gives them more HP (not sure if carry weight increases, I think it does at least to compensate the weight of the suit), but you do have to repair it.