Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: When do you think KH3 will be released?
0%
Jan-Mar '15
8.33%
Apr-Jun '15
0%
Jul-Sep '15
8.33%
Oct-Dec '15
16.67%
Jan-Mar '16
0%
Apr-Jun '16
0%
Jul-Sep '16
8.33%
Oct-Dec '16
8.33%
Never!
50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1 PS4)

Old 01-31-19, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (XB1 PS4)

Light vs Dark. Good vs. Evil. Locke vs the MIB. The story is all over the place. I do crack up every time someone squawks "the keyhole!"
Old 01-31-19, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is there a certain order you have to go? I just completed Mount Olympus and was wondering where do I go next?
Old 02-01-19, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You'll want to go to Twilight Town next.

Toy Story world is insane. Not a fan of the level with how it plays but the graphics are basically on par with the TS movies. It seems this game is more pushed towards the Disney side than the SquareEnix side. The rpg elements are scaled down quite a bit (so far).
Old 02-01-19, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
You'll want to go to Twilight Town next.

Toy Story world is insane. Not a fan of the level with how it plays but the graphics are basically on par with the TS movies. It seems this game is more pushed towards the Disney side than the SquareEnix side. The rpg elements are scaled down quite a bit (so far).
Thank you!
Old 02-02-19, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I literally roll my eyes every time someone from Organization XIII shows up.

Random Disney character: “Will you help us?”
Sora/Donald/Goofy: “YEAH!”
*Random emo haired Organization VIII guy shows up*
Random emo haired Organization VIII guy: “I don’t think so!”
Old 02-02-19, 09:45 AM

This game is simply incredible. I am so glad I pulled the trigger and got onboard.
Old 02-02-19, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the game and the story but the cutscenes really could be condensed a bit. The wild hairstyles of some of the characters crack me up.
Old 02-03-19, 08:41 AM

How many of you have Kingdom Hearts 2.8? What are you thoughts on it? I have been thinking about getting it so I can learn the backstory of all the characters since KH3 is the first time I have played any of the games before.
Old 02-03-19, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
How many of you have Kingdom Hearts 2.8? What are you thoughts on it? I have been thinking about getting it so I can learn the backstory of all the characters since KH3 is the first time I have played any of the games before.
I have the entire collection. You can skip a lot of the side games. The first KH hasn't aged well but I would still recommend playing through as it's the easiest to grasp the story.
2 still holds up really well. One of the best action RPGs hands down.

For side games I would say Birth By Sleep for sure. I never played Dream Drop Distance so I can't say how that one is.

There's also a prologue to KH 3 called "A Fragmentary Passage" It's short but really fun.
Old 02-04-19, 08:10 AM

Thank you mhg83.
Old 02-04-19, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

About 12 hours in now. The game is still a visual treat but I'm starting to find it bland and disappointing considering the hype I had for a 3rd game. They clearly shifted this to more of a Disney experience. Maybe they realized that the SE story was over-complicated and wanted to limit it or they just wanted to market the game to broader/younger audience. Either way, each world is much more about the Disney characters than Sora and the SE characters. While it does have FF style spells and I can upgrade my weapons; it all feels basically irrelevant. I can just spam normal attack and pop the over-the-top super moves when available and get through any fight I've come across (on Proud mode). I also read that the game shed basically all the end-game content which would give me a reason to see it through. Fighting Sephiroth in the Arena in 2 was one of the most stressful boss fights I've ever experienced. Sounds like there's nothing even remotely close that in 3.
Old 02-04-19, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

About 12 hours in now. The game is still a visual treat but I'm starting to find it bland and disappointing considering the hype I had for a 3rd game. They clearly shifted this to more of a Disney experience. Maybe they realized that the SE story was over-complicated and wanted to limit it or they just wanted to market the game to broader/younger audience. Either way, each world is much more about the Disney characters than Sora and the SE characters. While it does have FF style spells and I can upgrade my weapons; it all feels basically irrelevant. I can just spam normal attack and pop the over-the-top super moves when available and get through any fight I've come across (on Proud mode). I also read that the game shed basically all the end-game content which would give me a reason to see it through. Fighting Sephiroth in the Arena in 2 was one of the most stressful boss fights I've ever experienced. Sounds like there's nothing even remotely close that in 3.
I heard the Arena and a lot of the end game content will be DLC
Old 02-04-19, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

About 12 hours in now. The game is still a visual treat but I'm starting to find it bland and disappointing considering the hype I had for a 3rd game. They clearly shifted this to more of a Disney experience. Maybe they realized that the SE story was over-complicated and wanted to limit it or they just wanted to market the game to broader/younger audience. Either way, each world is much more about the Disney characters than Sora and the SE characters. .
This is great to hear. I was planning on replaying through the collection before starting up 3 and I forgot how terrible and convoluted the storyline (I consider myself a pretty big Kingdom Hearts fan and it might have the stupidest storyline in all of gaming) in these games are. The Disney stuff is the only reason to play these games so trying to force myself to play through (or watch) the side games (which have very little Disney in them) was a torture I had to stop. 1 & 2 is good enough for me. There was a 15 minute video recap of the plot of Chain of Memories that I watched that was the most boring 15 minutes of my life and nothing in it made any sense.
Old 02-05-19, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I like the game and the story but the cutscenes really could be condensed a bit. The wild hairstyles of some of the characters crack me up.
I picked this up for the XB1 (and I've never payed any of the previous games) but the cutscenes seem to take up the majority of play. The actual play parts have been fun, but then it seems like 20 min of video.
Old 02-05-19, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ Yeah, this. I never played but got caught up in the hype. I spend more time listening to corny dialogue than playing... I hope that changes soon or this is going into the pile with RDR2.
Old 02-05-19, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I found myself skipping cut scenes last night. I think that means it's time for me to move on to another game in my backlog for now. The "action" isn't good enough to stand on its own.
Old 02-05-19, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm slowly chipping away at this game (About 1-2 Hours a night) Not that It's a bad game, but I just don't want to rush through and be done. Who knows how long it'll be till KH4 releases