DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Monthly 'What New Game Console Are You Buying At Launch?' Poll October Edition Jr (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/614045-monthly-what-new-game-console-you-buying-launch-poll-october-edition-jr.html)

K&AJones 10-04-13 09:36 AM

Re: The Monthly 'What New Game Console Are You Buying At Launch?' Poll October Editio

I still plan on the PS4 but will keep my 360 as some of my friends are holding off their decision on what to do and which way to go.

Each system has far more pros than cons and bottom line we'll see a big improvement over the current systems...BUT...might not see their full potential for at least 2-3 years. I don't really think there are any absolute winner or losers in either camp. good chance I'll end up with a XO come the next Halo.

For me the things that stood out for the PS4...
Price...$100.00 cheaper
No forced "Camera"
Removable Hard Drive
F2P Games...Warframe, Planetside 2, Blacklight Retribution and even the upcoming Deep Down
Mark Cerny...He's the Bill Gates of the PS4 and with him in their corner he's a big plus
Games...I know XO has their list but the PS4 has what I feel is a good one too...Drive Club, Killzone, Knack, Second Son, The Order out early next year...add the F2P games a pretty solid list.
Size...The unit is far smaller and can be vertical or horizontal.

fumanstan 10-04-13 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by chuckd21 (Post 11859799)

I think they're hoping you use the Playstation App.

I bet a remote will still come. Seems like an easy way to sell an accessory for 30 bucks.

Adam Tyner 10-04-13 09:48 AM

Re: The Monthly 'What New Game Console Are You Buying At Launch?' Poll October Editio

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 11859787)
What, no universal?

I had a Harmony but gave it to a relative. I love my 9G Kuro, but it takes forever to start up, rendering useless a lot of the Harmony macros I was using with my previous TV. Plus it didn't work with my PS3 -- my primary media player -- without additional hoops.

As a Blu-ray reviewer, I also like having specialized buttons like 'popup menu' and 'display' handy. I'd prefer to have a "real" remote instead...not an app and not a universal remote.

Music 10-04-13 09:54 AM

I will have the 360, PS3, PS4, the One and the Wii all hooked up in my living room, which is also my gaming room.

PS3 will remain the blu-ray player until I feel the need to get a dedicated one for the living room.

The only issue I am having is with the Logitech Harmony PS3 adapter, that for some reason has started losing sync or turning off, so powering on the PS3 is not possible with the remote... and the remote cannot be used until it re-syncs which can be a pain. :(

I don't know anyone that would spend $400 to have an internet shield for console wars. That is just a pathetic statement.

fumanstan 10-04-13 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 11859834)

I don't know anyone that would spend $400 to have an internet shield for console wars. That is just a pathetic statement.

:up:

Dan 10-04-13 10:03 AM

Stop ruling, you stupid majority.

chess 10-04-13 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 11859834)

It was an inside joke that chuck got and took in good spirit.

Need to just put the 3 of you on my ignore list.

chuckd21 10-04-13 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 11859824)
I had a Harmony but gave it to a relative. I love my 9G Kuro, but it takes forever to start up, rendering useless a lot of the Harmony macros I was using with my previous TV. Plus it didn't work with my PS3 -- my primary media player -- without additional hoops.

As a Blu-ray reviewer, I also like having specialized buttons like 'popup menu' and 'display' handy. I'd prefer to have a "real" remote instead...not an app and not a universal remote.

Oh, the great and esteemed Blu-ray reviewer wants things his way... with your fancy top hat... you sit in your tower...

Adam Tyner 10-04-13 10:14 AM

Ha! I just mean, I really want easy access to features I know next to no one cares about. The PS3 remote is really, really nice. The idea of not having an equivalent genuinely makes me sad. It might still have to be my primary Blu-ray player!

fumanstan 10-04-13 10:20 AM

I would have figured an esteemed Blu-ray reviewer would have a fancier blu-ray player :p

chuckd21 10-04-13 10:22 AM

And an all-powerful remote sent down from Mt. Olympus encrusted with jewels and powered by the blood of the Gods.

Adam Tyner 10-04-13 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 11859872)
I would have figured an esteemed Blu-ray reviewer would have a fancier blu-ray player :p

Hey, the PS3 is (or at least was) Criterion's reference player too!

Music 10-04-13 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 11859851)
It was an inside joke that chuck got and took in good spirit.

Need to just put the 3 of you on my ignore list.

3 of you?

What the hell did I do?

I also forgot to add as I got extremely busy with work, the only thing more pathetic would be someone who would actually do that. :)

Deftones 10-04-13 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by music (Post 11859961)
3 of you?

What the hell did i do?

I also forgot to add as i got extremely busy with work, the only more pathetic would be someone who would actually do that. :)

you are an xbox fanboy and apologist. It is very clear you are against anything sony.

Music 10-04-13 11:40 AM

Then I must be torturing myself with all the Sony products I currently have and have bought over the years... :lol:

fumanstan 10-04-13 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 11859966)
Then I must be torturing myself with all the Sony products I currently have and have bought over the years... :lol:

You've spent a lot of money as an internet shield just for this very console debate. Kudos to you, sir!

chuckd21 10-04-13 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 11859966)

Sorry friend. I too thought this was the obvious rebuttal to an accusation of bias. However the good people of NeoGAF set me straight. Let me help you as they helped me.

If you say anything positive about Microsoft, you're biased. This branding will be burned into you for the rest of your life. Now, responding with "But if I'm so biased, why would I also own a PS3, a Vita and a pre-ordered PS4?" is a no-no, because, according to GAF, that's akin to saying "But all my friends are black" when being accused of racism.

Sorry, but you're terminally biased. I'm just here to help.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/291...you-know-o.gif

Music 10-04-13 11:51 AM

M&Ms Kudos?

Music 10-04-13 11:53 AM

Yes, you are right.

THe only reason I own the PS1, PS2, PS3 and pre-ordered the PS4 is so I can give them the finger and refuse to play games on them....

Fuck you Sony, fuck you in the goat ass!

fumanstan 10-04-13 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 11859981)
M&Ms Kudos?

Let's not get crazy here.

chuckd21 10-04-13 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 11859985)
Yes, you are right.

THe only reason I own the PS1, PS2, PS3 and pre-ordered the PS4 is so I can give them the finger and refuse to play games on them....

Fuck you Sony, fuck you in the goat ass!

Yes. Now you're getting it.

http://i.qkme.me/3qvmxq.jpg

Music 10-04-13 11:58 AM

rotfl

Dan 10-04-13 12:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/iwZqCXZ.jpg

chess 10-04-13 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd21 (Post 11859978)
Sorry friend. I too thought this was the obvious rebuttal to an accusation of bias. However the good people of NeoGAF set me straight. Let me help you as they helped me.

If you say anything positive about Microsoft, you're biased. This branding will be burned into you for the rest of your life. Now, responding with "But if I'm so biased, why would I also own a PS3, a Vita and a pre-ordered PS4?" is a no-no, because, according to GAF, that's akin to saying "But all my friends are black" when being accused of racism.

C'mon Chuck, that's not fair.

That wasn't how it went down at all.

You weren't saying anything positive about MS. You basically called the forum a bunch of Sony fanboys, got called out for it, and then somebody pointed out the games you've played on your blog (all 360) and at your twitter (anti-sony/pro-MS), because those dudes will look you up in a minute if you look sketchy.

You can post anything on GAF, but they care about intellectual honesty and proper research and will hold you accountable and or ban you in a second if your posts don't stand up to basic scrutiny. That's why so many industry guys are over there, including several from MS. I actually got a PM from Chris Charla the other day to answer a question. Nice guy.

chuckd21 10-04-13 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 11860011)
C'mon Chuck, that's not fair.

That wasn't how it went down at all.

You weren't saying anything positive about MS. You basically called the forum a bunch of Sony fanboys, got called out for it, and then somebody pointed out the games you've played on your blog (all 360) and at your twitter (anti-sony/pro-MS), because those dudes will look you up in a minute if you look sketchy.

You can post anything on GAF, but they care about intellectual honesty and proper research and will hold you accountable and or ban you in a second if your posts don't stand up to basic scrutiny. That's why so many industry guys are over there, including several from MS. I actually got a PM from Chris Charla the other day to answer a question. Nice guy.

If we are going to go down this road, let's be accurate. I jumped into a "Let's spray fecal matter all over Microsoft because LOL MICROSOFT" thread by saying "Hey guys, I'm here to LOL at Microsoft. I just want to fit in."

Well, if I've learned one thing during my brief stint at NeoGAF, it is that they do not take kindly to joke mockery. You better believe in the hate you're spewing or else you're getting called out publicly and then stalked on the internet for clues to your hidden agenda. So they scoured the web for information on me and found a list I'd made of all the games I played on the Xbox 360 in 2012. Bias confirmed. Also, comments I'd made defending Microsoft during some piling on session on Twitter one day over the summer. Bias SUPER CONFIRMED.

I never said the forum was biased toward Sony, not once. And I made no anti-Sony statements on Twitter despite what Digital Sherlock Holmes said he found on Twitter (which he never quoted). He decided I was a Microsoft shill based on the games I played in 2012, and for playing devil's advocate when the entire internet was playing the "Let's burn Microsoft down to the ground" game after E3.

They're intensely paranoid over there, and if you dare go against the grain or have your own opinion or dare to make a simple joke, it's over for you. It's a cesspool of negativity and worst of all no sense of humor.

If you want to defend Sony to death Chess, have at it. There's ultimately nothing wrong with that. But don't defend NeoGAF. It's a pretty vile place.