Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-15, 09:38 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Elsa taking it to the Empire with a light saber in a toybox this past weekend was rather hilarious stuff to see.

I am still really digging 3.0.

My 4 year old is getting better with the controls, so that will even make this more fun when we can play together
Old 09-14-15, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

The Star Wars PS3/4 LE editions of the game are on sale at BB for 99 bucks this week (79 with GCU). I already bought the game digitally for 20 bucks, but I'm tempted since I haven't bought any playsets yet. Though I should have just preordered to get the bonus, so I'm even more tempted to just wait out the sales...
Old 09-14-15, 12:05 PM
wlj

Just saw on Amazon the Sony Saga bundles are only 89.99 right now. A damn 25 discount already?
Old 09-14-15, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

That's a TRU sale this week that they're matching. As a Playstation gamer with $20 in TRU reward certs burning a hole in my pocket, that's awful tempting, even though I had told myself I was gonna wait for Black Friday.
Old 09-16-15, 08:09 AM
wlj

My preorder bonus Toybox Takeover which was on backorder finally shipped last night. I am anxious to try that, i have heard alot of good things.
Old 09-21-15, 07:40 AM
wlj

Toy Box Takeover is alot of fun. I do wish the camera was zoomed in a bit more to get a better look at your character, but that is a small complaint.

Does anyone have the Inside Out playset? Is it fun? The figures look awesome.
Old 09-21-15, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got an in-store pickup at BBY for the base Infinity 2.0 on XB1 with the Merida and Stitch figures. With GCU and a cert, I'm getting it for $7.50, so it's kind of a no-brainer. My daughter is only 2, so I figured this could be a good entry drug for getting her into games in a couple years and I can mess around with it in the meantime. Just how much trouble did I just walk into?
Old 09-21-15, 12:14 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Dexter Douglas
I've got an in-store pickup at BBY for the base Infinity 2.0 on XB1 with the Merida and Stitch figures. With GCU and a cert, I'm getting it for $7.50, so it's kind of a no-brainer. My daughter is only 2, so I figured this could be a good entry drug for getting her into games in a couple years and I can mess around with it in the meantime. Just how much trouble did I just walk into?

You will probably be rather bored since you only have access to the 2.0 toy box and those 2 figures. Neither are too great. So, don't dismiss the franchise quite yet. If you only are going to stick with 2.0, I would advise you to pick up a couple of the Marvel playsets with a few of those figures. Unfortunately 2.0 does not have any Disney Originals playsets.

Infinity is definitely a game that you have to put money in to get the most out of it. I would advise you to go the ebay route to get your figures and playsets. I have bought alot of figures for cheap there

Buying the figures does get addictive to some folks, I have bought alot since jumping in with 2.0 last year.

I also think Infinity is a cheaper franchise to go with. I don't have Skylanders but that franchise appears to force you to spend money moreso than Infinity. I know there are alot of locked parts of the games that you can only access with certain elemental figures and they have traps and such to buy separate. I don't know alot about the new Superchargers release, but I know cars are included now.
Old 09-21-15, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

Go to ebay and get the stuff for pennies on the dollar. I am selling all my kid's Skylanders and Infinity stuff on there right now in lots. When I was reviewing the selling prices for similar lots, you can get a ton of stuff for very little investment (especially if you consider what this stuff cost new, even on sale.
Old 09-21-15, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I saw that quite a few of the play sets are going for about $20 right now on Amazon, so I was thinking about springing for the Guardians and Avengers sets, then I can fill things out on eBay.

ETA: I'm assuming that the power disc packs are pretty much a waste of money. Is it worth springing for two or 3 if I can get them for $2.40 a pack?
Old 09-21-15, 02:02 PM
wlj

Thanks for the advice. I saw that quite a few of the play sets are going for about $20 right now on Amazon, so I was thinking about springing for the Guardians and Avengers sets, then I can fill things out on eBay.

ETA: I'm assuming that the power disc packs are pretty much a waste of money. Is it worth springing for two or 3 if I can get them for $2.40 a pack?

GotG is my favorite 2.0 playset, it is on the short side, but it is fun to play through over and over. however, i am a big fan of the movie so that gives me some bias. Rocket Racoon, Groot, and Ronin are my favorite figures to use in that playset.

Honestly don't bother with the power disc packs. Just research the ones you want specifically and get them cheap on ebay. The blind packs are fun, but a money pit if you are looking for something in particular. Just use your money to get some cool new figures
Old 09-21-15, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

With all these figure based games being released, DI 3.0 has been regulated to the very back endcap facing the back wall of electronics at my local Target. They have moved the Amiibos across the aisle and slid it in between DI 2.0 and the new Skylanders SuperChargers. The former Amiibo spot has now been set up for the Guitar Hero line of products.

Why they moved DI 3.0 to the very back(and outta site) and not DI 2.0 is a real head scratcher. But here lately I shouldn't have expected anything different from Target.
Old 09-22-15, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Does DI 3.0 include the previous campaigns? like if you want to play the Guardians of the Galaxy levels from DI 2.0, do you need to put in the DI 2.0 disc or do you just need the little statue from the GotG set?
Old 09-22-15, 11:52 AM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts

You need the DI 2.0 software running to play the 2.0 play sets. It will not work with 3.0 software.

https://infinity.disney.com/compatibility

Last edited by The Cow; 09-22-15 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-22-15, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You need to put in the DI 2.0 disc.

I would've thought Skylanders or Lego Dimensions would be pushed to the back, considering 3.0's Star Wars tie-in.
Old 09-22-15, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
You need to put in the DI 2.0 disc.

I would've thought Skylanders or Lego Dimensions would be pushed to the back, considering 3.0's Star Wars tie-in.
I think both of these franchises already have their established fans and fear no one.
Old 09-22-15, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I think both of these franchises already have their established fans and fear no one.
They do, but I think fujishig was refering to the location of the allocated retail space at Target, as reported by darkdaze, which isn't necessarily under control of franchises themselves.
Old 09-29-15, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

I ordered a 2.0 Starter Pack this afternoon. Do I need anything else to play 1.0 Figures & Playsets?
Old 09-29-15, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by asianxcore
I ordered a 2.0 Starter Pack this afternoon. Do I need anything else to play 1.0 Figures & Playsets?
Yeah, you need 1.0 software/disc (I think it was free at some point, though, depending on console).
Old 09-29-15, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
Yeah, you need 1.0 software/disc (I think it was free at some point, though, depending on console).
Thanks!

I forgot to mentioned I bought a PS4 2.0 set. There is no 1.0 for PS4 correct?
Old 09-29-15, 08:29 PM

There's not. You can use the 1.0 figures, but you won't be able to play the playsets from 1.0. The only thing you can do with the playset pieces is place them on the base when you're in the toybox, and it will unlock all the toybox stuff from that playset.
Old 09-29-15, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
There's not. You can use the 1.0 figures, but you won't be able to play the playsets from 1.0. The only thing you can do with the playset pieces is place them on the base when you're in the toybox, and it will unlock all the toybox stuff from that playset.
Thanks for the info! Kind of a bummer because I wanted the Playset Davy Jones is in

One of my students talked me into picking this up, so I hope I enjoy it!
Old 09-30-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I wish they would bring 1.0 to PS4 as DLC. I really want to go back and revisit the Cars and Pirates worlds without having to boot up my PS3.
Old 09-30-15, 09:36 AM
wlj

i wish the all the playsets would work on 3.0. However that gives no incentive to buy 1.0, so less revenue in Mickey's pockets. i still need to get 1.0. I only jumped into this universe with 2.0. I have several 1.0 figures, but I really want to give those playsets a shot
Old 09-30-15, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wlj
i wish the all the playsets would work on 3.0. However that gives no incentive to buy 1.0, so less revenue in Mickey's pockets. i still need to get 1.0. I only jumped into this universe with 2.0. I have several 1.0 figures, but I really want to give those playsets a shot
I think it's more the effort involved in porting it over, because at this point, who's still buying 1.0 (the game)?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.