Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-15, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Originally Posted by Gooter
Wait, so you can't get the Toybox Takeover now if you preorder from Best Buy today?
I just preordered and it was added to my cart.

Unfortunate that there was no in-store pickup option though.
Old 08-29-15, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna wait myself - between traveling for work and grad school, I can't invest the time until around Christmas, if then. I'll actually try to sneak in Just Cause 3 and Star Wars Battlefront if I can.
Old 08-29-15, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

So do I need to get the 3.0 game or is 2.0 fine?

I have a bunch of 2.0 figures and a handful of 1.0's as well. But only a couple of playsets or whatever (whatever came with the Marvel one). Are those only for 2.0?

I'm assuming the new 3.0 figures will work on the 2.0 base?

In any case, I might wait til later (like a good sale) to grab a few Star Wars figures. I heard they might do Ducktales, too, so I'd be interested in that as well.
Old 08-30-15, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

You need the new game to use any of the new figures (except possibly the Tron Figures). You don't need a new base, but you do need a new game.
Old 08-30-15, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Oh ok so it's probably best to trade in the old game and base and get a starter set.
Old 08-30-15, 06:33 AM

If that's what you want to do, but any playset pieces you have from 2.0 will not work in 3.0 (except for importing items into the toy box, you can't play the games)
Old 08-30-15, 06:51 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Oh ok so it's probably best to trade in the old game and base and get a starter set.

Nah u need to keep the previous games if u want to play any of the old play sets in the future
Old 08-30-15, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Ugh. What a f'n headache it was trying to pick up my order today at Best Buy. Got there at opening and bee lined to the video game section, selected four figures(Mickey, Minnie, Olaf and Yoda) and checked out. Went to CS to ask about my pre-order since I haven't received a pick up confirmation. They had to pull one from the back, but there were no issues getting it.

Now the (not-so)fun part. I asked about the Toy Box Takeover pack and the CS lady had to call someone from video games to handle it. Long story short, it took about 40 minutes for the guy from video games to find it. And that's only after I showed him the item w/ sku# online. He said they had them hidden somewhere in the back and that they only received five of them(now four). Then I had to get them to price adjust it as it did not come off automatically, which I figured it wouldn't.

Went to Target before going to Best Buy and picked up Sabine and Obi Wan. They had no DI 3.0 on the shelves. They had everything stacked up over at the "boat"(electronics checkout area), as they call it in my local Target. Payed at the front registers and noticed they rung up full price, so I had to go to CS to get it corrected.

I only noticed one Sabine up top, but they a dozen or so various figures stacked in the floor behind the counter. I wanted the Inside Out figures, but I figured I'll wait until they have a sale on the playsets before purchasing those. I may just hold onto them until Christmas for my daughter anyway.
Old 08-30-15, 04:22 PM

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

I downloaded the game for $19.99. That way I could use the other $45 for figures we wanted. Nearly 11 gb, took about four hours to download and install. Target was a joke. They had barely a few of any figure, and none of the Inside Out playsets, and no Tron figures. Total bait and switch. Had to go to Toys r Us, which always has every single figure available 1.0 through 3.0. They had a buy a buy 1 and get the second 50% off sale.

After all that, we didn't even buy any of the Star Wars figures. I want the OT characters, and my kids had no interest in the prequel characters. Waiting till next month.
Old 08-30-15, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

What system? I cant even find the digital download for ps4 and I thought the "game only" was $29.99. $19.99 would be better.
Old 08-30-15, 07:10 PM

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Wii U. I heard it is an introductory price for all systems which allow downloads till January. This is the price for game only. I already have the pad from 2.0.
Old 08-30-15, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sherm42
Wii U. I heard it is an introductory price for all systems which allow downloads till January. This is the price for game only. I already have the pad from 2.0.
Thanks for the info. I will keep checking for the ps4 version.

EDIT : finally found an article. Out on playstation store tomorrow for 19.99 intro price. Sweet.
Old 08-30-15, 09:35 PM
wlj

will 3.0 move Infinity ahead of the Skylanders franchise now? Skylanders introducing cars doesn't seem all that interesting.
Old 08-30-15, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
will 3.0 move Infinity ahead of the Skylanders franchise now? Skylanders introducing cars doesn't seem all that interesting.
Depends on how interested people are in the version of Star Wars they are putting out and the strength of the Disney related sets. I don't think it ever really moves ahead of Skylanders.
Old 08-31-15, 07:32 AM
wlj

Not sure if this is the right place to do it, if not please move accordingly. I know there has been some power disc trading here before.

I want to trade my Nick Fury figure. I have all of the Marvel figures and a few Disney originals, make an offer either 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0 and if I don't have the figure I will probably do the trade. I have been here since 1999 so I can be trusted believe me.

thanks
Old 08-31-15, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
Thanks for the info. I will keep checking for the ps4 version.

EDIT : finally found an article. Out on playstation store tomorrow for 19.99 intro price. Sweet.
Yep, very cool. $19.99 on WiiU and PS for a week I think, normal price is $29.99.

So I goofed royally, I went to preorder a starter pack Sunday morning from BB and suddenly realized that Sunday was release day. For some reason I had Monday in my head. Doh! Now I missed out on the $10 RZ cert and Toy Box Takeover for free. Oh well, looks like I'm waiting for the BF/holiday sales now. Though, I may pick it up digitally on PS4 for $20 this week.
Old 08-31-15, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, very cool. $19.99 on WiiU and PS for a week I think, normal price is $29.99.

So I goofed royally, I went to preorder a starter pack Sunday morning from BB and suddenly realized that Sunday was release day. For some reason I had Monday in my head. Doh! Now I missed out on the $10 RZ cert and Toy Box Takeover for free. Oh well, looks like I'm waiting for the BF/holiday sales now. Though, I may pick it up digitally on PS4 for $20 this week.
Old 08-31-15, 01:55 PM

Has anyone had a chance to try the Tron figures in 2.0? Just curious whether they work or not. It doesn't list them as compatible on the box, but that could be because they just went with the same compatibility graphic on all the 3.0 figure boxes.

I thought they might be hidden in there somewhere because they were available for digital platforms in 2.0.

If it works, I might give them to my kids before Christmas (they're always interested in another female character to play). If not, then they don't get any 3.0 stuff until Santa comes.
Old 09-01-15, 10:20 AM
wlj

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...critic-reviews

the game is getting great reviews. mine doesn't arrive until tomorrow. has anyone here actually played yet? I will only have Ahsoka and Anakin, but I will post some thoughts tomorrow night hopefully.
Old 09-01-15, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OK, I bit the bullet and went with the digital download yesterday for $20 on the PS4. It looked like it would take 8 hours to download so I haven't played it yet. Bought Yoda, Quorra, and Sam Flynn - I'll pick up Yoda today, and the others are coming via mail. I'm only going to grab the original trilogy Star Wars characters, Ultron and Iron Man Hulkbuster - I know they're out later this month and November. I will also grab the Luke and Leia playset to get those characters.
Old 09-01-15, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Question for those with kids, do you prefer the digital version of the game or physical disc?

I'm thinking the digital version will be easier for the kids (and wife) to start/play. Plus, less chance the disc or Xbox bluray drive will get broken since no disc needed. However, they have been managing just fine with our bluray/dvd players when they want to watch a movie.
Old 09-01-15, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Went ahead and ordered tha Saga bundle for PS4 along with Yoda and Obi Wan. They should all be here later today. This is my first infinity purchase so my daughter.....and I are looking forward to it.
Old 09-01-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

To me, digital is easier, especially for the kids; it's available pretty much on a whim, you don't get little fingerprints on your disks or have to search for the case, and the hard drive space taken up is the same anyway.

Since I already have the base, I'm thinking of just the $20 digital version for now, then wait until the starters sets drop like a rock and buying a set for a system I don't have a base for yet. The base is exactly the same anyway, right?
Old 09-01-15, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Question for those with kids, do you prefer the digital version of the game or physical disc?

I'm thinking the digital version will be easier for the kids (and wife) to start/play. Plus, less chance the disc or Xbox bluray drive will get broken since no disc needed. However, they have been managing just fine with our bluray/dvd players when they want to watch a movie.
This is my first full digital purchase - others I've done were just clones of discs I already owned. I'm hard wired on my network and it still seems like it takes a long time to download it. I don't mind having the pure digital since I don't have to get up and change discs or anything. Looking forward to playing it this evening with Yoda!
Old 09-01-15, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
To me, digital is easier, especially for the kids; it's available pretty much on a whim, you don't get little fingerprints on your disks or have to search for the case, and the hard drive space taken up is the same anyway.

Since I already have the base, I'm thinking of just the $20 digital version for now, then wait until the starters sets drop like a rock and buying a set for a system I don't have a base for yet. The base is exactly the same anyway, right?
Unfortunately no as Microsoft doesn't play nice due to proprietary USB architecture or something.

If you plan on getting a base for the Xbox 360 or X1, you have to be sure you are getting the base specific for the 360 OR the X1. A 360 base won't work on the X1, PS, or WiiU. Same for the X1.

On the otherhand, a base that came with the PS3, PS4, or WiiU are interchangeable and will work on any of those 3 consoles.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.