Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-15, 02:29 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

this any good? i only got the marvel starter pack.

from the gameplay vids they look to be just disney themed versions of the marvel toybox discs.
Old 08-17-15, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
from the gameplay vids they look to be just disney themed versions of the marvel toybox discs.
That's pretty much what they are. If you're looking for something to do with your Disney originals besides downloaded toy boxes, you could do this, but don't expect anything new and different.
Old 08-18-15, 06:56 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
That's pretty much what they are. If you're looking for something to do with your Disney originals besides downloaded toy boxes, you could do this, but don't expect anything new and different.

i will probably pick them up. they can be had on ebay for pretty cheap
Old 08-24-15, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

How many of you guys plan on getting 3.0 next week? I plan on getting the Saga ps3 bundle from Best Buy myself.
Old 08-24-15, 11:19 AM

I have no occasion to give this to my kids before Christmas, and I'm pretty sure there will be Black Friday deals on it, so I'm not in any rush.
Old 08-24-15, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still deciding what to do. One of my son's birthday is 9/25 however the figures he wants the most are Hulkbuster and Ultron, which don't come out till 11/3. So, looks like most of this will be Christmas gifts which is fine due to BF sales. But, Big Daddy (me) really wants the Boba Fett figure and it is the Sony exclusive tied to the most expensive bundle. Complicating matters are the LightFX figures and the Saga bundle has two of those figures so they will be dupes. Further complicating things are my kids play it on the X1 and I play on the Playstation. So yeah, I'm confused.

Having said all of that, I will probably just preorder the X1 Starter at Best Buy to get the $10 cert and Toybox takeover mode and buy Olaf since he will be an instant hit with all of my kids. I will get it for the Playstation later, most likely if they have a sale on the digital version like how I got 2.0 for $10 or $12 this year. Just gonna have to wait on Boba Fett.
Old 08-24-15, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this year, even though I love the figures, I will hold off and catch some sales.
Old 08-24-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nope, not until they've improved the experience with characters from multiple universes. Will wait and see the reviews
Old 08-24-15, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
I'm still deciding what to do. One of my son's birthday is 9/25 however the figures he wants the most are Hulkbuster and Ultron, which don't come out till 11/3. So, looks like most of this will be Christmas gifts which is fine due to BF sales. But, Big Daddy (me) really wants the Boba Fett figure and it is the Sony exclusive tied to the most expensive bundle. Complicating matters are the LightFX figures and the Saga bundle has two of those figures so they will be dupes. Further complicating things are my kids play it on the X1 and I play on the Playstation. So yeah, I'm confused.

Having said all of that, I will probably just preorder the X1 Starter at Best Buy to get the $10 cert and Toybox takeover mode and buy Olaf since he will be an instant hit with all of my kids. I will get it for the Playstation later, most likely if they have a sale on the digital version like how I got 2.0 for $10 or $12 this year. Just gonna have to wait on Boba Fett.
I own 1.0 on the PS3 but bought 2.0 for the Wii U due to my daughter getting that system for Christmas. I'm torn also as she is going to want the Inside Out playset once she finds out it has been released and she plays everything on the Wii U. But this one will be mainly for me, so that will probably be the deciding factor. Plus she still has a ton of games that she has barely gotten to that will keep she occupied.
Old 08-25-15, 07:31 AM
wlj

yes, I have the starter pack for 360 and Obi-wan preordered from Amazon. I am very excited.
Old 08-27-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Per Infinity Inquirer:

BB will have a buy 3 get 1 free deal next week. Limit one starter set and 1 play set.

target is buy 2 figures for 20

PS3/4 and wiiU digital version of 3.0 game will be $19.99. Normally 29.99

The lightFX saber figures will only cost $1 more
Old 08-27-15, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

the lightfx ones aren't coming out until much later, right?
Old 08-28-15, 10:38 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by fujishig
the lightfx ones aren't coming out until much later, right?

probably not.....they want you to buy the non lighted versions now then buy the lighted versions later...sneaky bastards

I have decided to just get the starter pack. I cancelled off my obi-wan. I still have a ton of other infinity characters i still haven't even played. I will save that money for the Rise Against the Empire playset.
Old 08-28-15, 11:59 AM
wlj

8.9 from IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...nity-30-review

8.2 from Gametrailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt_dNRG1pnE

my excitement is through the roof now...looks awesome

Last edited by wlj; 08-28-15 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-28-15, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was hoping to hold out pre-ordering the Saga set from Best Buy until they allowed in store pickup for my local store. I noticed earlier today they have removed the Toybox Takeover discs offer off of all the starter pack listings. So I ended up going in store to try and do a pre-order but was not allowed to on the Saga set despite the system showing 2 available. I ended up just pre-ordering the regular edition for the PS3 and plan on getting there at opening to make sure I get the Toybox Takeover disc set.
Old 08-28-15, 12:38 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I was hoping to hold out pre-ordering the Saga set from Best Buy until they allowed in store pickup for my local store. I noticed earlier today they have removed the Toybox Takeover discs offer off of all the starter pack listings. So I ended up going in store to try and do a pre-order but was not allowed to on the Saga set despite the system showing 2 available. I ended up just pre-ordering the regular edition for the PS3 and plan on getting there at opening to make sure I get the Toybox Takeover disc set.

i preordered from Amazon back in June, and I am supposed to get that Toybox Takeover....hopefully
Old 08-28-15, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wlj
i preordered from Amazon back in June, and I am supposed to get that Toybox Takeover....hopefully
Over at CAG, a few are saying their starter packs from Best Buy are shipping, but the Toybox Takeover packs are on backorder. I tried to find out how many my local store had but he did not know.
Old 08-28-15, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wait, so you can't get the Toybox Takeover now if you preorder from Best Buy today?
Old 08-28-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
Wait, so you can't get the Toybox Takeover now if you preorder from Best Buy today?
It's not showing up online when you put it in your cart and it is not in the listings for the starter packs like it previously was. My receipt does not state anything about it being included(not that I know it would have in the first place). But I plan on getting there at opening to make sure I get one.
Old 08-28-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm seeing a couple confusing things on reviews.

1. Do ALL Star Wars characters work in ALL sets?
2. What is Toybox Takeover? Because it kind of looks like what we've been wanting; where characters and worlds mix with adventures, without having to make one in the ToyBox.
Old 08-28-15, 02:19 PM
wlj

1. Yes, all star wars figures work on all star wars sets. not the in and out set or the upcoming marvel set

2. A toybox campaign, not sure how long it is, but the villain at the end is that bad guy from Incredibles. Yes you can mix and match any infinity character. If you don't get it as a pre order bonus, it will cost you $20
Old 08-28-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome, thanks. Also, is there some sort of comprehensive Marvel playset coming?
Old 08-28-15, 02:32 PM

They won't work in every playset out of the box though. You have to collect crossover coins within the playset before you can use characters that don't belong in it

It has been confirmed that there is a Marvel playset coming which you will be able to use every existing Marvel character in.
Old 08-28-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So do you have to get crossover coins for EVERY character, or just, say "Prequel Coins" to use in "Clone Wars" sets (or whatever they're called)?
Old 08-28-15, 03:18 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Mazje
So do you have to get crossover coins for EVERY character, or just, say "Prequel Coins" to use in "Clone Wars" sets (or whatever they're called)?

from what i heard in one of the reviews it is like 1 coin per character and easily found. kinda lame, don't really understand why they can't just let you play immediately

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.