Reload this Page >

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Old 09-19-14, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

IGN 6.8 Review now up. Sounds like a bit of a step back for the series.

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/19/disney-infinity-20-edition-marvel-super-heroes-video-review" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Decker; 09-19-14 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-19-14, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

The reviews are all over the place on this. Here's a very favorable one.

http://www.newsarama.com/22183-disne...ibilities.html
Old 09-19-14, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

5 hours for the campaign? the individual ones in the original game were that length, longer if you did all the side missions. ooof. maybe i will have to cancel this. as much as my kid probably wants it, i don't want to dump a bunch of money into the game if it's short. i really don't give 2 shits about toy box mode unless people can start making real levels that take a while to complete.
Old 09-19-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't read the review (yet) but wouldn't be surprised at poor scores

version 1 was boring to me and probably didn't hold my 10 year old's (then 9) attention for more than the first month of release ... keep in mind we bought it for the Wii but still we won't be picking this up now for the PS4

I think collecting the figs was more interesting than the game
Old 09-19-14, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Sounds like crap. I will likely cancel my pre-order and reconsider getting the starter pack of Trap Team and a couple of figures. However, I will not be buying the lion share of figures for either game like I have in the past. Having only one playset was a fear of mine and it sounds like it has come true and not even a good one at that. What have they actually been spending the last year on? The figures that they are trying to push on us with a half-ass game?
Old 09-20-14, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/di...stay-away.aspx

They say to stay away unless you are only interested in a more robust Toy Box. Sad to think that these levels were barely scraped together to sell us a bunch of Marvel figures.
Old 09-20-14, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, after that review I cancelled my pre-order. I might pick it up on black Friday or after Christmas if it is cheap enough
Old 09-20-14, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

As much as my kid wants this, I am thinking I might do the same. Maybe I will try to find it cheap in Bf as well.
Old 09-20-14, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It just seems like a cash grab using the Marvel name. I'll likely cancel mine despite the free figure and take another look at Skylanders for at least the starter pack. We'll see what happens.
Old 09-20-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I canceled my order as well, even with the free version
Old 09-20-14, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, either a bunch of suckers buy into this and this sad version of Infinity lives on or it tanks. Then they either do away with the series or hire actual video game designers to make something good out of their properties.
Old 09-22-14, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I asked my grandson about this one since it *is* Marvel stuff. He said: "Nope... I thought the first one was kind of lame and not all that good." He's wanting the new Skylanders game instead.
Old 09-22-14, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I asked my grandson about this one since it *is* Marvel stuff. He said: "Nope... I thought the first one was kind of lame and not all that good." He's wanting the new Skylanders game instead.
I'm already setting a small budget aside to get the new Skylanders and a couple of pack or traps. Not going all in like last time. However, aside from the 16 Trap Masters, there are only 1-2 other new characters per element. Even then, you can still pick and choose the ones you really want.
Old 09-22-14, 02:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

The biggest fail of the first game was not being able to play any character in any playset. I can't believe they didn't rectify that for 2.0.
Old 09-22-14, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

They sort of did -- they just limited the game to one playset!
Old 09-22-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
They sort of did -- they just limited the game to one playset!
And they failed at that one playset. They couldn't even redeem it with a decent Guardians of the Galaxy playset, which I heard is the worst of the three that have been released so far. I wonder what other playsets they have planned for this one down the road if they have any at all?
Old 09-23-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I bought everything today, except for Drax, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, and Iron Fist. I'll probably pick them up with more discs this weekend at the toy r us swap event
Old 09-23-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Disneyinfinityfans has a 10 off 75 coupon at TRU good thru 9/27

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/vi....XLzIVwXx.dpbs

Still on the fence whether to return my preorder or not.
Old 09-23-14, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Well I bought everything today, except for Drax, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, and Iron Fist. I'll probably pick them up with more discs this weekend at the toy r us swap event
Let me know how it goes - I have the Premium Value pack coming from Amazon on Thursday. The pack I ordered has the main playset, plus the Spidey one, and three extra figures (Venom, Rocket Raccoon, and Captain America) for $119.
Old 09-23-14, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I also bought the premium value bundle from amazon, then bought the GotG playset w/2 free disc packs) and Groot at Target this morning. I haven't opened anything yet. I'll be dishing these out as bribery/incentives to my 6 year old son. He gets to play, and I get to satisfy my need to collect things. It's a win/win situation.
Old 09-24-14, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Haven't played the game yet but I will say this: the LE is way bigger than I expected (at least the box is). Geez.
Old 09-24-14, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I ordered the Premium pack through Amazon and its gonna arrive soonish. It will be wrapped up and ready for my Step daughter for her birthday in late October. I am still not sure how this game will be. I am positive i will have to buy some of the Disney toys to keep her interested as she will tire of the Marvel characters real quick.

I am still a little fuzzy and maybe someone can answer me on this, but am i correct in thinking you can buy level discs for worlds for specific characters. She will want the Frozen characters for sure, and i see that there is a pack with both female leads. From what i have read the old characters can be used in the Toybox for 2.0, but the levels from 1.0 are not available for 2.0. So how can i get new levels for 2.0? Do they come in the 2 character packs being released for 2.0 or would i have to download? Hopefully she will get lost enjoying the Toybox and creating her own levels.
Old 09-24-14, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by james2025a
I ordered the Premium pack through Amazon and its gonna arrive soonish. It will be wrapped up and ready for my Step daughter for her birthday in late October. I am still not sure how this game will be. I am positive i will have to buy some of the Disney toys to keep her interested as she will tire of the Marvel characters real quick.

I am still a little fuzzy and maybe someone can answer me on this, but am i correct in thinking you can buy level discs for worlds for specific characters. She will want the Frozen characters for sure, and i see that there is a pack with both female leads. From what i have read the old characters can be used in the Toybox for 2.0, but the levels from 1.0 are not available for 2.0. So how can i get new levels for 2.0? Do they come in the 2 character packs being released for 2.0 or would i have to download? Hopefully she will get lost enjoying the Toybox and creating her own levels.
I've heard the 1.0 playsets will NOT work in 2.0, but the figures work in the toy box. I bought the Tron toy box environmental disc that should work with 2.0.
Old 09-24-14, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by james2025a

So far, the only levels that are available are the Avengers one that comes with the game as well as the Spider-man and Guardians sets that you can buy separately. I'm not even sure if they are planning a regular Disney set or two down the road, which would be a shame in my opinion. I don't like the idea of buying toys for the toy box alone as it is not really that great in the first place. Reading the mediocre reviews about the 1 Avengers playset caused me to rethink the purchase of this and cancel my pre-orders despite the free stuff that I was going to get.
Old 09-24-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also canceled my preorder after reading reviews. Most of the reviews are hammering the avengers playset reporting it lasts 3-5 hours total and is very, very repetitive.

Honestly, after including 3 playsets with 1.0 that were each 3-5 hours, I think it is a slap in the face to release this set at the price they are asking. I have no doubt they figured we can just throw marvel superheroes in there and ship whatever we want for the content and it will still sell.

Seems like a halfassed money grab. Very disappointing.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.