Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Watch Dogs

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-14, 04:31 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Watch Dogs

I'm trying to remember how I got to the last convoy mission. I had all but one done and didn't see it on my map. Maybe I got a phone call or something? I can't recall.. it took a little while for it to show up after I did the next to the last one..
Old 06-28-14, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
I'm trying to remember how I got to the last convoy mission. I had all but one done and didn't see it on my map. Maybe I got a phone call or something? I can't recall.. it took a little while for it to show up after I did the next to the last one..
hopefully it appears after you complete a certain number of fixer missions because otherwise I don't see it showing up
Old 06-28-14, 04:42 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by musick
hopefully it appears after you complete a certain number of fixer missions because otherwise I don't see it showing up
I think this is the last convoy mission and I think how it gets triggered.

Old 06-28-14, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think this is the last convoy mission and I think how it gets triggered.

Spoiler:
When hacking into a phone found at a Brewed Delight, Aiden Pearce finds an individual named Olivier Garneau, the CEO of Abstergo Entertainment, who finds himself targeted by the Assassin Brotherhood. Aiden then pursues Garneau and his convoy, who protects the CEO. Soon afterwards, Aiden has to immobilize Garneau with his Baton, resulting in the completion of the mission.
You gotta be fucking kidding me. On both the fact I have to go into a goddamn coffee shop to hack someone to find the mission and for the Assassin's Creed reference.
Old 06-28-14, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well the last criminal convoy mission just randomly popped up via a alert while I was plowing through the rest of my fixer missions ... I was on 27/40 so I think it is just random when the last criminal convoy mission appears ... I don't like that it wasn't visible in the map
Old 06-29-14, 01:11 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I've got 6 fixer missions to go. I gave up for the night doing one where you have to steal a police car and wait for your "Friends" to disable the tracker. Once that's done, you have to escape. I can't get away from them. THey have a helicopter that follows you and no matter where I drive, cars keep showing up so I could never get the grey circle that you have to drive out of to escape the police.. So frustrating. I tried it 5-6 times before giving up for now.
Old 06-29-14, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got 6 fixer missions to go. I gave up for the night doing one where you have to steal a police car and wait for your "Friends" to disable the tracker. Once that's done, you have to escape. I can't get away from them. THey have a helicopter that follows you and no matter where I drive, cars keep showing up so I could never get the grey circle that you have to drive out of to escape the police.. So frustrating. I tried it 5-6 times before giving up for now.
I had that very same problem. I thought it may have been a glitch, so I restarted it a few different times. But I still got the same result. I gave up and quit after a few tries. The only thing I didn't try was hiding out in a parking garage.
Old 06-29-14, 08:38 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I finally got past it by luck tonight. The last one I did sucked.. was way up by Blume.. Had to ride a motorcycle around to 32 checkpoints.. So easy to get knocked off the bike... But I finished it after multiple tries.. So I'm done with the Fixer missions.. Though there are still some listed on my map. My progression wheel says 40/40 and I got the achievement for it.

Trying to do all the games now. I am up to level 4 on the drinking game.. Had no trouble getting through the first 3.. but the 4th is much harder.. Want to get to level 5 to get that progression.. Not sure I'll finish that one 100% since it says you have to complete level 10 against 3 people.

And then I just have the "Get a gold star" on a cash run. I can't do those fast.. And the leaderboards look to be full of cheats.. The one I tried tonight said the top 10 people all had times less than 10 seconds for a run that says it takes 1.5 minutes.

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 06-30-14 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-30-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I finally got past it by luck tonight. The last one I did sucked.. was way up by Blume.. Had to ride a motorcycle around to 32 checkpoints.. So easy to get knocked off the bike... But I finished it after multiple tries.. So I'm done with the Fixer missions.. Though there are still some listed on my map. My progression wheel says 40/40 and I got the achievement for it.

Trying to do all the games now. I am up to level 4 on the drinking game.. Had no trouble getting through the first 3.. but the 4th is much harder.. Want to get to level 5 to get that progression.. Not sure I'll finish that one 100% since it says you have to complete level 10 against 3 people.

And then I just have the "Get a gold star" on a cash run. I can't do those fast.. And the leaderboards look to be full of cheats.. The one I tried tonight said the top 10 people all had times less than 10 seconds for a run that says it takes 1.5 minutes.
I don't think it was so much cheating as much as it was glitches. I had a glitch on a fixer contract I think where it said I finished it in like 2 or 3 seconds. Also had a glitch on the cash run where it spawned me in the wrong place. It's possible that someone got spawned at the end the race and the finish coin was there to grab...don't know. Some of the cash runs are easier than others, just make sure you get the clock that takes 10 seconds off, and not hit the ghosts. It's next to impossible to get the gold if you hit a ghost or miss the clock.

Also, there are more than 40 fixer contracts. I believe the total is closer to 50. But you only need 40 for 100%.

The drinking game is by far the hardest part of the game. The black guy is easy, he's in the poor neighborhood, and his game consists of hitting a series of buttons on the screen. The Irish guy in the downtown area is tougher. His game is the one where you have to line up your right and left sticks in the zones on the screen, then hit L2 and/or R2 when you fill up the meter. Then there's there's the conspiracy theorist in Pawnee. That dude uses a combination of both of the previous guys. Even rounds are the thumbsticks, odd rounds the button pushing. He's tougher than both...to an extent.

Really it comes down to round 6 with Pawnee guy. If you can finish round 6, the rest is actually pretty easy, even though there's a couple of toughies where your movements on the sticks become inverted. Here's a tip, when you get to that (you'll notice the backward letter on the screen and the orange colored circle), flip the controller upside down.

Last edited by TheKing; 06-30-14 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-01-14, 06:51 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Thanks for the info. I am using the bar in the lower left part of the map. I think its the guy you said is easier.

I got to the 4th round in the 4th level, but the time just ticks down to fast to get past it. It sucks that you have to start from round 1 each time and that it puts you in a random location near the bar when you fail.

I got my last song sneak last night for that challenge. It was unlocked after completing a mission last night. As soon as that mission completed, I got the notice that I had all the song sneak songs and the achievement for it. I finished the story last night. I have to decide if I want to try and finish up the remaining things.

I only have the challenges for the drinking game and then the one for getting a gold star in a cash run.

I haven't done any of the online stuff and I'm not sure that I will. The few times I had to do an online thing where someone came into my game, it was so damn frustrating that I could never take the person out, so I'd lose each time it happened. So I likely won't 100% the game.
Old 07-01-14, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm almost done with act 2. My goal is to take out all of the towers and finish the campaign. I might do a few of the gang hideouts and want to try the last digital trip, but after that, I think I'm done. I've got way too many games to try and finish everything in this one.
Old 07-01-14, 08:34 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I had all the towers done after just the first couple missions in the first act. I went exploring and trying to find all the check in spots and other side missions. I didn't like not having ctOS connections when in other parts of the map, so the towers were the first thing that I did.

Overall I enjoyed the game.. Sure, there were some frustrating things about it, but it still was a good experience. I'm curious to see what the sequel will be like and what they do differently. That is, I'm assuming that there is a sequel based on the very end of the game, after the credits end.

Speaking of credits.. holy cow that was a long sequence for the credits.. And you can't skip them.. I get that there are people to thank that made the game.. but give me the damn choice to sit and watch them all or not. Don't force me to watch. The only reason I let them all play out is that I was told there is a little more to the game once the credits finish.
Old 07-01-14, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of credits.. holy cow that was a long sequence for the credits.. And you can't skip them.. I get that there are people to thank that made the game.. but give me the damn choice to sit and watch them all or not. Don't force me to watch. The only reason I let them all play out is that I was told there is a little more to the game once the credits finish.
Spoiler:
After sitting through what felt like an eternity, I just shot Maurice right in the head the moment it allowed me to control Aiden again.

I'm going to try and finish some of the Fixer Contracts to see if they'll open up the remainder of the Criminal Convoys. If they don't, I'm out.

Depending on what the DLC looks like, I might just sell the game.
Old 07-02-14, 03:27 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
* SPOILER * I'm going to try and finish some of the Fixer Contracts to see if they'll open up the remainder of the Criminal Convoys. If they don't, I'm out. Depending on what the DLC looks like, I might just sell the game.
What happened then? I choose the other option and just walked away.
Old 07-02-14, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What happened then? I choose the other option and just walked away.
Spoiler:
The game cuts to black, reloads, and you're back in Free Roam. Even completing the Burner Phone Investigation, I still didn't give a shit for Maurice.

After the end credits, I wish there was an option to put a bullet into Jackson's therapist's head. Maybe in the sequel.
Old 07-03-14, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

are all the side missions triggered thru your phone's apps?
or do you need to wander to trigger them?
Old 07-13-14, 03:15 AM

The game was designed to put control into the player’s hands and it succeeded. I thought the concept was incredibly epic and it didn’t leave me with that “I wish I could do this” feeling I get from some games. The power to play the game how you want is also a bonus. Also, if you’re looking for a game with a ton of replay value, Watch_Dogs will definitely do it. While I figured Watch_Dogs would have been a more sophisticated version of GTA, it isn’t. It can be frenetic at times and sometimes, that’s all you need to have some fun.
Old 07-13-14, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what is the best skill or technique to get away from the cops especially the helipcopter?
Is the disable helicopter skill worth getting?
Old 07-13-14, 12:15 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by timewaster
what is the best skill or technique to get away from the cops especially the helipcopter?
Is the disable helicopter skill worth getting?
When in a car, hide in a alley way and turn off your lights. Then when the cops/helicopter are out of range, get to where you're going. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Old 07-13-14, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by ranjan82
The game was designed to put control into the player’s hands and it succeeded. I thought the concept was incredibly epic and it didn’t leave me with that “I wish I could do this” feeling I get from some games. The power to play the game how you want is also a bonus. Also, if you’re looking for a game with a ton of replay value, Watch_Dogs will definitely do it. While I figured Watch_Dogs would have been a more sophisticated version of GTA, it isn’t. It can be frenetic at times and sometimes, that’s all you need to have some fun.
The game also fails in areas that are somewhat important like driving controls and on foot controls. It is a good start to a franchise but there is also room for improvement. They also need to improve the unfair ramping up of difficulty as well as the buying of skills with points. Have players earn them through playing the game and actually using the skills to improve your ability with them.
Old 07-13-14, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The best thing I could compare this to is the first Assassins Creed. They have some good things in place that with some improvements to the sequel could make a great franchise. I just hope they don't try to annualize it.
Old 07-13-14, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
The best thing I could compare this to is the first Assassins Creed. They have some good things in place that with some improvements to the sequel could make a great franchise. I just hope they don't try to annualize it.
I was thinking the exact same thing re comparing it to AC. It's rough around the edges, but the bones of something pretty cool are there.
Old 07-19-14, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally finished up the campaign today. I think I finished close to 55%, but I'm not going back to clean stuff up, I just don't feel the need to. The later missions starting to test my patience. And I don't know how many cops I killed in that last mission, but my reputation meter was dropping like a rock. Overall, the game was a good first entry, but they have a lot of polishing to do for the sequel. At least they are moving in the right direction. I'm still curious to see what they were tweaking between the delay and when it was released, because this still didn't feel next gen coming off of playing Infamous. Still, I'll be down for a sequel, just don't push it for 2015.
Old 08-07-14, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts

God, FINALLY finished Watch Dogs. I liked it well enough but I spent too much time doing the Convoys and Hideouts so I was burned out on the game by the time I started really focusing on the story. Plus, once you get the Destroyer rifle it makes everything super easy.

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
The later missions starting to test my patience. And I don't know how many cops I killed in that last mission, but my reputation meter was dropping like a rock.
That's really interesting - I hardly killed any cops as I managed to get away on foot and lost them after passing over a few bridges.
Old 08-14-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And I got bored in the middle of Act II. Man, that's a long Act.

Basically, I love all the hacking, and all the stuff you do, except using guns and driving. And almost every mission ends with you having to hold a position at the end. It doesn't matter if you used hacking and stealth to kill everyone, magically people appear.

So basically I'm forcing myself to finish the game. I'm in Act III now, so that's more than 60% of campaign, right?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.