Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The VR Gaming Thread (Meta Quest, Vive, PSVR)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The VR Gaming Thread (Meta Quest, Vive, PSVR)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-21, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
re: The VR Gaming Thread (Meta Quest, Vive, PSVR)

Originally Posted by Edison
I picked up a unit and hooked it up right after Christmas. Used the referral program that gives both parties $60 store credit right now (till 12/31 I think). There is a "special multiplayer" bundle for $29.98 that contains Dameo, Walkabout Mini Golf, and Blaston. I'm really interested in Dameo does anyone know how it does single player? I've read Walkabout can be okay single player, Blaston not so much. I did go ahead and grab the Fanatical Oculus VR bundle too.

What all do I need for wireless PC play? I see that the airlink is built-in already, what does the app on the store called Virtual Desktop do different? I'm thinking about picking up Half-Life Alyx while it's on sale, but I know my computer graphics card will have to be updated, hopefully my processor/wifi are okay already.
Just install the Oculus app on your PC, if prompted plug your Quest 2 in via USB.

https://uploadvr.com/how-to-air-link-pc-vr-quest-2/

The virtual desktop app requires you sideload a version of the app to the Quest 2. It works similarly.
Old 12-30-21, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I got a Quest 2 for xmas. I purchased virtual desktop and my Steam VR titles (which I had installed with my pre-Rift Oculus) showed up on the list of games so that was cool. I got some 3d printed adapters so i could put in prescription lenses and that worked out well; much better than trying to wear it with glasses on. I bought Alyx on the steam winter sale so I'll have to see how it works.
Old 12-31-21, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I got a Quest 2 for xmas. I purchased virtual desktop and my Steam VR titles (which I had installed with my pre-Rift Oculus) showed up on the list of games so that was cool. I got some 3d printed adapters so i could put in prescription lenses and that worked out well; much better than trying to wear it with glasses on. I bought Alyx on the steam winter sale so I'll have to see how it works.
Did the same thing when I purchased our Quest 2 last year. Virtual desktop and Alyx. I only played for a few minutes with this set up - suboptimal WiFi and limited space at the time - and the experience was much better than using the wired Oculus Rift. One day, when I can pry the headset away from my daughter, I'll finish Alyx.
Old 12-25-22, 11:34 PM

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,126 Posts

Picked up a Quest 2 and I absolutely cannot login to sync it with my existing account from my Quest 1. According to Is It Down Right Now, it looks like it's not just me. Makes sense but it's frustrating.
Old 12-25-22, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Bought Iron Man VR, on sale, for the Quest 2 yesterday. It's really cool.
Old 12-26-22, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I got rid of my Quest 2. I was hardly using it.
Old 12-31-22, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Just a reminder that any Oculus Quest users must transition by today to a Meta account or their system will apparently stop working.
Old 01-09-23, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Upgraded to a Quest 2 so I could play Golf+ and it was worth every penny for that alone. If you like golf, this game is incredible, especially with a golf controller attachment.
The following users liked this post:
story (01-10-23)
Old 01-10-23, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Upgraded to a Quest 2 so I could play Golf+ and it was worth every penny for that alone. If you like golf, this game is incredible, especially with a golf controller attachment.
Interesting... where can I find the golf controller attachment?
Old 01-10-23, 07:32 AM

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,126 Posts

I'm enjoying the Quest 2 and I see improvement over the Quest 1, but it fits much tighter on my face, is less confortable for me, and that's frustrating.
Old 01-10-23, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by story
I'm enjoying the Quest 2 and I see improvement over the Quest 1, but it fits much tighter on my face, is less confortable for me, and that's frustrating.
Get the head strap adapter. Totally worth it and makes adjusting the headset a snap. You don’t need the one with a battery, just the regular one.
Old 01-10-23, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
Interesting... where can I find the golf controller attachment?
There are lots of different ones, but I got this one and recommend it especially since it is one that is supported in game (you have to make sure to switch your controller type to it).

https://deadeyevr.com/collections/hi...SAAEgLsiPD_BwE
The following users liked this post:
Rob V (01-10-23)
Old 01-12-23, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

It looks like the original Quest’s days are numbered with no more software support after 2024. Cynical me feels it is only matter of time before Meta finds a reason to brick the system.
Old 05-01-23, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

They're having half off star wars pinball because of star wars day and I had a 10 off coupon so I got it for 2.50.

I love it. Only way to play. Although when I do 3d mode for the life of me I can't figure out how to get me between the flippers, I'm slightly to the side.
Old 05-01-23, 09:54 PM

I bought it too. I had a $5 coupon, no idea why. I look forward to checking it out, having only purchased these tables on the PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch previously.
Old 05-01-23, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

They gave me 7 Canadian I don't know why maybe because I had a VPN at the time? And it wouldn't let me use it because it's not my currency so I contacted support and they changed it 10. 7 Canadian is about 5 us. I was just looking for a straight conversion.

Figure out how to have 3d facing you straight on and tell me how
Old 05-02-23, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to grab that, should be cool to play in VR.
Old 05-02-23, 10:51 AM

It's very, very cool. With a Star Wars themed pad to play in. Having the whole machine there is very nice, you can really see your table goals much more easily.
Unfortunately the frame rate isn't as good and the tables are much lower rez and more blurry than on the PS5. But it's still very cool to play and mess around with. Just gave it a quick play this morning, but I liked it. At $12.50 (or less with coupon) for 8 tables, it's a heck of a deal. I think I can send a referral code for a discount for you and a coupon for me. PM me if interested.
Old 05-02-23, 01:51 PM

Received 806 Likes on 524 Posts

Thanks for the tip. No we can something other than Beat Saber and Gorilla Tag.

(I have a Meta Quest 2)

Also, which headstrap would you recommend?

Last edited by Goldberg74; 05-02-23 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-02-23, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

This is probably overkill, but it also makes the Quest sound better, and is really comfortable. The HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/acces...oogle.com%252F

Obviously, it's not cheap, and it needs a little $12 adapter you can buy on Amazon, but I really like it.
Old 05-02-23, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Thanks for the tip. No we can something other than Beat Saber and Gorilla Tag.

(I have a Meta Quest 2)

Also, which headstrap would you recommend?
I use the official Occulus Quest Elite Strap, and really like it. Very comfortable and easy to use. Worth it.

I also keep everything in this hard case, which you can buy for $20 with coupon on Amazon. Very highly recommended

SARLAR Hard Carrying Case Compatible with Meta/Oculus Quest 2 Basic/Elite Version VR Gaming Headset and Touch Controllers Accessories, Suitable for Travel and Home Storage https://a.co/d/7LSi0mZ
Old 05-02-23, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the Elite strap with the battery since the battery life sucks ass, plus it helps to counter the front loaded weight a little bit.
Old 05-02-23, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

I have a Quest 2 and I have a Star Wars pinball game that I got in a bundle a while back with the Vader Immortal games. I haven't played it recently but I don't remember it having 8 different tables, though, so I will look when I get home and see if it's the same game.

I also recently got the following:

Eleven Table Tennis - pretty fun and you can set different difficulty levels and adjust the physics of the play (spin, drag, etc.)

Golf+ - I am not much of a golfer, but the gameplay is more realistic than I imagined it would be--my real-life tendency to 'slice' shows up in my VR shots, too. I think you can do a lot with the basic game, but there's also a lot of in-game purchases available (new courses, new clubs, etc.) that I tend to avoid.

Superhot VR - this is a lot of fun, the simple, stylish aesthetic is great and the gameplay (time only moves forward when you physically move) is cool.
Old 05-02-23, 04:45 PM

Those Golf and Table Tennis games are pretty fun. So much content in Golf+ between the courses, the Top Golf driving range and the (admittedly bare bones) putting courses.
Old 05-02-23, 05:03 PM

Received 806 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I use the official Occulus Quest Elite Strap, and really like it. Very comfortable and easy to use. Worth it.

I also keep everything in this hard case, which you can buy for $20 with coupon on Amazon. Very highly recommended

SARLAR Hard Carrying Case Compatible with Meta/Oculus Quest 2 Basic/Elite Version VR Gaming Headset and Touch Controllers Accessories, Suitable for Travel and Home Storage https://a.co/d/7LSi0mZ
Thanks Decker. I already have that case. It came in the bundle I got a year ago. It’s a good case and glad the Elite strap will fit in it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.