Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-16, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by story
Ooh, I see President Lisa and Adult Loser Bart in the new characters list. Plus, Stephen Hawking! This event proves promising!
I don't remember if it was here or over at TSTO Addicts where someone said they'd like to see the future characters in an event, but I thought that was a great idea. I'm glad EA listened!
Old 08-17-16, 09:16 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I hope that we are able to keep the multiple Homers
Old 08-17-16, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Then we'd finally be able to do multiple quests requiring Homer at the same time!
Old 08-19-16, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Hood
Who knows? We have multiple Burns and Smithers now. Their future counterparts aren't skins.
Old 08-20-16, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow, for the first time in I months I was able to visit all of my neighbors without any crashes.
Previously, I would be able to tap in two or three towns before a crash.
Old 08-22-16, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Then we'd finally be able to do multiple quests requiring Homer at the same time!
I doubt it. They wouldn't work for key Homer quests, just like you can't send them to make furniture now.
Old 08-22-16, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I doubt it. They wouldn't work for key Homer quests, just like you can't send them to make furniture now.
Yeah, I didn't really think so, but it's nice to dream.
Old 08-22-16, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but it seems like most times I log in, I can't seem to find any robots in my town.
Old 08-22-16, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but it seems like most times I log in, I can't seem to find any robots in my town.
I feel like I don't see any if I just go to do SciFighter, but if I roll around and do some other things, then they start popping up.
Old 08-22-16, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you activate the SciFighter, it kills all the robots in your town and collects their parts. Theoretically, if you log in and play SciFighter every four hours, you'll never need to tap on a robot in your town (your town maxes out robots every 4 hours at a total of 80.)
Old 08-23-16, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tlwizard
When you activate the SciFighter, it kills all the robots in your town and collects their parts. Theoretically, if you log in and play SciFighter every four hours, you'll never need to tap on a robot in your town (your town maxes out robots every 4 hours at a total of 80.)
Ok that makes sense.
Old 08-26-16, 07:29 PM

Received 1,912 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Really liking this future event, it's great! I think the way the currency works is good, too, unique to have to do a few one way, then unlimited another way.

Is it just me, but when you do the black hole thing, does anyone get more than 38-43 robots? I get 41 almost every time and I've never had a single one even touch the machine.
Old 08-26-16, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Really liking this future event, it's great! I think the way the currency works is good, too, unique to have to do a few one way, then unlimited another way.

Is it just me, but when you do the black hole thing, does anyone get more than 38-43 robots? I get 41 almost every time and I've never had a single one even touch the machine.
I get about the same number, even when I use the flash. I even lost once when I wasn't taking it seriously.

I like the event but I have to figure out how to use the currency. I haven't crafted anything and just upgraded the 3D printer.

I'm kind of tempted by the Soul Extraction Institute and the Gil deal. I'd need to load up on donuts using the XP collider, but it could be done. I'm not crazy about the last big thing I bought (the satellite) but I'm still entertained by the tailgate party.
Old 08-27-16, 10:27 AM

I haven't lost yet, but now that I think of it, I did have one time when it took damage because I was playing way too past my bedtime and fell asleep between the time I tapped to start the robot battle and the ten second mark. Oops!

I didn't get either of those things and the tailgate party does look fun.

I just jumped back up to over 100 donuts thanks to the revamped Monorail station. It's much more worth the investment of time and energy now. The goals are a lot easier to reach and the payoff is 20 donuts now. Easier with more payout? I'm in. Plus, I'm getting it done a lot faster. I pace my characters so I start out the week overloaded on items to get a head start the first day and I'm usually done in 2-3 days tops. There were many weeks on the old system where it was down to the wire or I wouldn't even get it.

Now that I'm over 100, I'm thinking about Burns Robot and Smithers Dog.
Old 08-27-16, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those with donuts, Professor Frink is supposedly going to be available with a rebate at some point soon (during act 2 of the event, maybe?)
Old 08-27-16, 12:21 PM

Nice, makes sense, given the storyline. I'm pretty sure he was my first donut purchase ever and it's a good one.
Old 08-27-16, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I purchased the 24-hour XP collider and am using some of my hoarded $120m cash. $10m down, and 74 levels up!

Originally Posted by tlwizard
For those with donuts, Professor Frink is supposedly going to be available with a rebate at some point soon (during act 2 of the event, maybe?)
I already bought Frink.

I haven't lost yet, but now that I think of it, I did have one time when it took damage because I was playing way too past my bedtime and fell asleep between the time I tapped to start the robot battle and the ten second mark. Oops!

I didn't get either of those things and the tailgate party does look fun.

I just jumped back up to over 100 donuts thanks to the revamped Monorail station. It's much more worth the investment of time and energy now. The goals are a lot easier to reach and the payoff is 20 donuts now. Easier with more payout? I'm in. Plus, I'm getting it done a lot faster. I pace my characters so I start out the week overloaded on items to get a head start the first day and I'm usually done in 2-3 days tops. There were many weeks on the old system where it was down to the wire or I wouldn't even get it.

Now that I'm over 100, I'm thinking about Burns Robot and Smithers Dog.
Yeah, that monorail project is much better now. I think it used to be 70 thousand (?) for five donuts, and this week I think I finished it at 30. This week was weird, though, because it was the second monorail tunnel, which I guess is some kind of makeup for the first tunnel. I haven't tried to connect the two parts of my town via monorail, though, so I didn't know if that was working or not.

I agree that it helps to preload the week. When I'm close to finishing, I try to keep all my glass, plastic, and metal below the thresholds (not easy when I don't know what's coming next). Then when I'm finished, I get each material just below threshold (like 195/200 metal) then assign everyone at once to overload it. It doesn't always work out ideally, but it lets me finish one or two levels right off the bat.
Old 08-27-16, 02:36 PM

Exactly. Also, I don't think I got a second monorail tunnel this week, I'll have to check. It would make sense, though, because otherwise it's a dead end in Springfield Heights instead of a loop.

Also, I bought robot Burns and Smithers and they're great. They come with a building, plus they are actual characters, not skins, which I hadn't realized and was thrilled to learn (other characters in the set that are coming up include a "fembot" that looks like something out of Ex Machinations, one of the robots we see in this event, and a SKYNET style drone ship). The first part of the quest, in fact, has Burns and Robot Burns doing something together. 100 donuts for two characters and a building is a steal.
Old 08-28-16, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I finished the Act 1 activities so long ago I almost forgot that I hadn't earned the last prize, Sgt Skinner, yet. Fortunately I just got him today, with a couple days to spare.

I finished my XP collider with $45 million spent for 330 donuts. So I went ahead and picked up the Soul Extraction Institute with the characters.

I apparently broke the turtle game by having a level achievement screen pop up just as I was starting to play. I couldn't tap turtles or exit, so I had to back out of Tapped Out altogether. Then when I started it back up, I was still in the turtle game but it kept asking me if I wanted to go back to reality. I told it no multiple times and ended up being able to tap again, and ended up hitting 83 turtles that round when my norm is 27-37.
Old 08-29-16, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hrmmm....I seem to be days away from the final act 1 prize. Sigh. Was there something we were supposed to be doing aside from that black hole machine?
Old 08-29-16, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I like the event but I have to figure out how to use the currency. I haven't crafted anything and just upgraded the 3D printer.
Don't upgrade!!!!

Craft instead. Whatever you spend on crafting counts toward the upgrades.
Old 08-29-16, 03:39 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Hrmmm....I seem to be days away from the final act 1 prize. Sigh. Was there something we were supposed to be doing aside from that black hole machine?
Do that every 4 hours, run the alternate homers through their tasks, and visit neighbor towns. If you're going to be more than 4 hours between using the black hole machine, tap robots in the town because you'll max out otherwise and stop generating new robots.
Old 08-30-16, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JasonF
Do that every 4 hours, run the alternate homers through their tasks, and visit neighbor towns. If you're going to be more than 4 hours between using the black hole machine, tap robots in the town because you'll max out otherwise and stop generating new robots.
Yeah, the event has been really restricted in the number of characters who can earn currency.

Originally Posted by JasonF
Don't upgrade!!!!

Craft instead. Whatever you spend on crafting counts toward the upgrades.
Have I mentioned how much I love the digital era of not explaining how to play games and expecting you to look up the info yourself?
Old 08-31-16, 08:16 AM

I ended up getting Sgt. Skinner for five donuts, so I got pretty close. I honestly keep forgetting to visit friends' towns so I have to get into the habit of it. Feels like I hit the 4-hour mark for the machine very, very often and it was still a squeaker. How did everyone else do?

For those who didn't have Frank before this event, what was the deal to get him for Act 2? I remember nabbing Barney for an amazing deal back during the space event.

It's not necessarily an Easter egg, but if you scroll through Homer's skins and land on any that are also the extra Homer's around town, there's some amusing dialogue that goes with it. It only shows the first time, though, so catch it the first time.
Old 08-31-16, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got Skinner with like a day and a half to go, and then got one donut bonus for getting an additional 3K in dark matter.

I hit neighbors' towns every day, but probably not more than a dozen or so.

I only got five donuts for the railyard project this week. At least it's still quick, though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.