Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

kuttaro
Old 04-28-16, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Are you also nuttaro and luttaro?

Well, I finished the last Act 1 prize, and there don't appear to be any bonuses. I still need to build the daily items because there are donuts at the end, but I guess I don't want to trade in my axes and hats for clues as I earn them. It makes more sense to just sit on them until a new day starts and then trade them in to make sure I get that day's rock. But I've earned them all already so it's not like there's much of a chance of missing it.

I can drop some prospectors on anyone who's worried about not getting a prize.
Old 04-30-16, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kstublen
Take a look at my town (kwstub) and let me know what you think. Everything is laid out how I want it, except the gambling stuff is sort of jumbled together until the event is over so I can decide how I want to lay it all out. Other than that though it's all set up.
Sorry for the delay, but I just took a look and am very impressed! Everything is nicely spaced out and not crammed together, and you have some great mini-areas like the Cthulu arena, the armored complex by the mountain fortress, and the 3-D effect leading to your observatory, chalet, and other mountaintop things. I see you got Gil's bandit fort--do you like it?

Last edited by davidh777; 04-30-16 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-01-16, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Forgot to mention that the kickball arena looks awesome, and I like the combination of coliseum, ring, and wrestling billboard.
Old 05-02-16, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
Are you also nuttaro and luttaro?
)
Family. Luttaro cleaned up their base it was slow loading for everyone, nuttaro plays sporadically

My town is also messed up. The 3D aspect of the game is off, I will have a tree behind a house but it shows the tree in front. I try to edit my town, it will fix the problem, but then it goes back. I might blow up my town after today. I still need about 90 clues.
Old 05-02-16, 11:15 AM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I think I may not get that final prize today. It will be close. I'm setting some timers on my phone to maximize time so as soon as the four-hour tasks are done, I can boom, go in and reset them. It looks cool, so if I get close, I may use donuts.
Old 05-02-16, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Also today: I traded in four items at the store to get a rock, then 10 more to get three donuts.

Otherwise I'm sitting on the rest of my pickaxes and hats. TSTO Addicts says that "clues" disappear at the end of this act, but the other stuff will remain so I'm glad I haven't been crafting clues I didn't need.

story, the rib hut has some good animations. I'll send you some prospectors in case that helps.

I'm slightly tempted to get the quicksand multiplier (45 donuts, 2%). It's more expensive than the jet engine bike multiplier, but it looks kind of entertaining. Not sure yet.
Old 05-02-16, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I think these Vegas attractions spoiled me. All these wild west buildings seem so tame in comparison lol
Old 05-02-16, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I think these Vegas attractions spoiled me. All these wild west buildings seem so tame in comparison lol
Yeah, they're all pretty small, but I bet some people complained about all the space the other ones took. Of course they still have two more acts to add bigger stuff if they want.

That's why I'm still tempted by the quicksand. If I end up having a substantial Western area, it would dress that up more than another jet engine bike.
Old 05-02-16, 09:59 PM

I'm definitely going to miss the last prize because I've been trying to update the game off and on for a few hours. It says my device is full, but nope. There's 1.5 GB ready in the device and 7 GB on my SD card. Really frustrated.
Old 05-03-16, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by story
I'm definitely going to miss the last prize because I've been trying to update the game off and on for a few hours. It says my device is full, but nope. There's 1.5 GB ready in the device and 7 GB on my SD card. Really frustrated.
That's the worst. Same thing happened to me with last years Monsanto event. Cost me the last genetics building.
Old 05-03-16, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started the second act with 350 prospectors because I forgot about them. I saw the icon in the game, but I didn't what was suppose to do with that...

I don't like that you have to decide what resource to create. I only need guns, I have 5K+ of each pickaxes and hats. So Snake is the only one that can create that. And he's heavily used in the main story.
Old 05-03-16, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Raul3
I started the second act with 350 prospectors because I forgot about them. I saw the icon in the game, but I didn't what was suppose to do with that...

I don't like that you have to decide what resource to create. I only need guns, I have 5K+ of each pickaxes and hats. So Snake is the only one that can create that. And he's heavily used in the main story.
I knew how to use the prospectors, but it took me a while to realize that I could get them by tapping on the bandits. But I also carried over 170.

I like how the pickaxes and hats carried over from act 1, but yeah, I have so many of those that the guns are really the only thing I need to generate.
Old 05-03-16, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Raul3

You just need him to start the gun craze, right? I have three other characters crafting guns right now and I'm about to unlock Moe being able to help.
Old 05-04-16, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 417 Likes on 302 Posts

So I got to the level that I can now start building KrustyLand. Is it something I have to do or can I just not do it. Also I want this wild west game to be done, i hate it now.
Old 05-04-16, 02:36 PM

Every once in a while, not very often, but every once in a while, there's a task for a story or event or daily reward involving Krustyland. There is a minigame in it that nets you five donuts every 100 times (or so!) you play, so it's nice to pop in once a day. Plus, you can turn Krustyland tickets (currency) into cash currency if you are in a pinch for cash.

As for Krustyland itself, parts of it are funny and it's a unique part of the game. I built up what I liked and leave it there, aside from tapping to gain tickets for cash and to try for donuts.
Old 05-04-16, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And now I'm fulfilling all my trades first thing in the morning.

Krustyland is a forgotten land, the developers forgot about it. It has been used in events maybe a couple of times, no more, since it was released.
Old 05-04-16, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I still go to Krustyland regularly to get the $/XP and play the balloon game, which gives out free donuts every 100 games as story mentioned. But nothing is currently going on there.

Since Bluelitespecial is still fairly new to the game, it wouldn't be a problem to skip Krustyland and come back to it later if desired.

IIRC, Krustyland came along at a time when there hadn't been anything new for a while, so it was pretty exciting. I still have tickets in case something happens, but I've been converting them to dollars.
Old 05-04-16, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still go to Krustyland regularly to get the $/XP and play the balloon game, which gives out free donuts every 100 games as story mentioned. But nothing is currently going on there.
I've been playing for months, do the balloon game once or twice a day, but have never gotten any donuts. Is there some special trick to getting it?
Old 05-04-16, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Since Bluelitespecial is still fairly new to the game, it wouldn't be a problem to skip Krustyland and come back to it later if desired.
There is eventually a level that needs to be done in Krustyland. I think it's to get the princess. I was stuck on level 38, I think, for a while before I figured that out.
Old 05-05-16, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by tlwizard
I've been playing for months, do the balloon game once or twice a day, but have never gotten any donuts. Is there some special trick to getting it?
There's no trick, but it takes a while since it's once every 100 games. I will say that the payout is pretty subtle compared to the usual "you've won donuts!" popup, and there have been times when I'm tapping quickly and I've almost missed it.

Originally Posted by mh4268
There is eventually a level that needs to be done in Krustyland. I think it's to get the princess. I was stuck on level 38, I think, for a while before I figured that out.
That sounds familiar, and it's a good point for Bluelitespecial to keep in mind.
Old 05-10-16, 11:42 AM

Something funny happened while visiting your Springfield today, davidh77 / seattlecub. A bunch of characters were leaving your Saloon area, including Gummy Joe and Moe. Moe was carrying a panda on his back but Gummy Joe was in front of him, so it looked like Gummy Joe was carrying the panda. This kind of thing happens from time to time, but this time it just kept going. Moe kept pace with Gummy Joe for quite a while, even taking turns together. Haven't seen such a persistent coincidence in this game for a while. Anyway, struck me as funny, thought I'd share.
Old 05-10-16, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by story
Something funny happened while visiting your Springfield today, davidh77 / seattlecub. A bunch of characters were leaving your Saloon area, including Gummy Joe and Moe. Moe was carrying a panda on his back but Gummy Joe was in front of him, so it looked like Gummy Joe was carrying the panda. This kind of thing happens from time to time, but this time it just kept going. Moe kept pace with Gummy Joe for quite a while, even taking turns together. Haven't seen such a persistent coincidence in this game for a while. Anyway, struck me as funny, thought I'd share.
Thanks for visiting!

I like it when characters have random funny interactions. I can screenshot them, but usually the motion is the funny part.

I bought the Hootenanny Barn because it was only 100 and came with a character, but it looks more farm-y than West-y. Tempted by the film set but reluctant to pay out 150.

I like the new feature that shows when characters have finished tasks. For a while, I was trying to always alternate task lengths when bulk-assigning characters (because the bulk manager shows finished tasks, but only when every one of that length is finished, so assigning four-hour tasks back to back would make that useless), but this is much easier.
Old 05-18-16, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is the app coming to an end? The latest update says 60 is the final level of the game.
Old 05-18-16, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I think they're just going to focus on events and mini-updates which is what they've mostly been doing for the past year.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.