Reload this Page >

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Old 12-24-14, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Just used $1.06 of my remaining $1.48 to buy a Golden Scratch-R. Got 12 Donuts.
Old 12-24-14, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

^

This donut system is better than the one in the Archie game. They throw up these full-screen ads with buttons for BUY NOW or MAYBE LATER and both click through to an iTunes purchase! One time I was updating apps on my phone at the same time and absentmindedly entered my iTunes password. If not for the confirm-purchase screen, I'd have paid $5 for currency I'd have never used. (I'm just about done with that game. Their "updates" are pretty weak skins and decorations--no new characters or anything substantial.)
Old 12-24-14, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish they'd give us more land. Everything is so crowded in my town now whereas before it seemed more spaciously laid out. Oh well.
Old 12-24-14, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Instantly crashing now.
Old 12-25-14, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Today for Christmas I got corn.
Somehow and completely by accident I was able to
Time it just right for today. I threw in a bunch of Witch Marge speed ups too.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-25-14, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidh777
Instantly crashing now.
same here ... and I just got a notification .. something about it would be Christmas without .... I couldn't read it all when I clicked it and BOOM! crashed again.
Old 12-25-14, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finally got in last night.

So I'm still early in the event but the community aspect is now live for me.
Spoiler:
So we tap elves, then shoot them in cannons in order to get bells, and those bells are what generates prizes? That's really complicated. The good thing is that we apparently get straight bells when we visit neighbors. I got five per tap on my first few visits, and I think one each later, even though there's no indicator like in previous events. I also tapped someone's cannon, which started firing--not sure what that means. Also tapped someone's elf portal.
Old 12-25-14, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I'm back to crashing at loading. A lot of other people at the game's forum are the same. There are a bunch who weren't able to get in yesterday either.
Old 12-25-14, 01:39 PM

just started playing this game. enjoying it so far, trying my hardest not to buy donuts though. Feel free to add me, I have like 1 neighbor!

bluthswede6 is my origin name
Old 12-25-14, 01:49 PM

Whoever had the idea "Hey! Lets start the after portion of the event on the day before Christmas!" should be fired.

It was stupid enough to fire up the game yesterday and have the characters talking about how Christmas was successfully accomplished. It's worse that there are lots of people locked out of the game and everybody at EA is off for the holiday.
Old 12-25-14, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For anyone who's playing on Kindle, Amazon's giving out free coins when you purchase donuts. It's one coin for every four cents you spend, so if you buy the $19.99 pack you can pick up the $4.99 one for free, which with Gil's deal will give you over 400 donuts.
Old 12-25-14, 07:21 PM

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,088 Posts
I have a bunch of money in my iTunes account but no Apple device to play this game with and I'm wondering if there's someone I can trust with my account to login and buy donuts for me with them. I have nothing else to do them. How would this work?

Also, endless cash and XP from the Writer's House is gone and the Sideshow Me isn't working. Fixed one glitch, started another.
Old 12-25-14, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by story
I have a bunch of money in my iTunes account but no Apple device to play this game with and I'm wondering if there's someone I can trust with my account to login and buy donuts for me with them. I have nothing else to do them. How would this work?

Also, endless cash and XP from the Writer's House is gone and the Sideshow Me isn't working. Fixed one glitch, started another.
So the cash is already sitting in your iTunes account, and it's never been linked to your game? I would think you would (1) change your iTunes and EA passwords to something temporary and (2) send info for both accounts to trusted DVDTalker. That Talker would sign out of both his accounts on his/her device and sign in with yours, then make the purchase. I believe it would work and would be willing to try if you want. Anyone else see hazards in this plan?
Old 12-25-14, 08:18 PM

So the cash is already sitting in your iTunes account, and it's never been linked to your game? I would think you would (1) change your iTunes and EA passwords to something temporary and (2) send info for both accounts to trusted DVDTalker. That Talker would sign out of both his accounts on his/her device and sign in with yours, then make the purchase. I believe it would work and would be willing to try if you want. Anyone else see hazards in this plan?
That's the only way that I know of to do it.

Sometimes donut purchases glitch and they never show up. In that case, story would need to go to EA for the donuts. Should EA fail to deliver, then go back to iTunes for a refund.

I don't know if iTunes would check to see that story doesn't have an iDevice and refuse a refund due to suspicious circumstances.

If the transaction is successful, it would probably be best to go to Krustyland to make sure that the game syncs to the server to lock the donuts in.

Even with a recent sync, story is likely to get the your other device didn't save message. The game seems to be overly paranoid about losing that 2 seconds of progress after the sync.
Old 12-25-14, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Note that I always play on my phone but still have the iPod touch I used to use. Signing in on that and not touching my own account could help avoid problems.
Old 12-25-14, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Anyone playing Family Guy notice that the Android tablet version disappeared?
Old 12-26-14, 12:16 AM

From what I've read, it seems to depend on what device you have. Apparently, TinyCo marked a bunch of devices as incompatible. This may have been an error. Some people are getting the apk from other sources and side-loading.
Old 12-26-14, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Finally got in last night.

So I'm still early in the event but the community aspect is now live for me.
Spoiler:
So we tap elves, then shoot them in cannons in order to get bells, and those bells are what generates prizes? That's really complicated. The good thing is that we apparently get straight bells when we visit neighbors. I got five per tap on my first few visits, and I think one each later, even though there's no indicator like in previous events. I also tapped someone's cannon, which started firing--not sure what that means. Also tapped someone's elf portal.
Spoiler:
I just noticed that the tapping on the cannon and elf hatch pay out more bells than other structures. As you progress through your friends, they each give out 10 bells, then 6, then 4. (As opposed to 5, then 3, then 2.) Guess I'll spend a little more time hunting around your Springfields.

I can finally collect cogs!
Old 12-26-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by danfindlay
Hey, david, don't assign Legs and Louie to their 12-hour tasks until this event is over.
Thanks, man!

I actually assigned one of them to 4+8 hours rather than 12 today then realized that I didn't really need to since we don't have federal agents anymore. Not wild about them running around town when I'm chasing elves, though, so I may continue to avoid that.

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Spoiler:
I just noticed that the tapping on the cannon and elf hatch pay out more bells than other structures. As you progress through your friends, they each give out 10 bells, then 6, then 4. (As opposed to 5, then 3, then 2.) Guess I'll spend a little more time hunting around your Springfields.

I can finally collect cogs!
Thanks! I'm not exactly sure about what we can tap in others' towns--is it only buildings that are ready to be tapped like in previous events? I'll be less aggressive about tapping my own stuff if so. Though my cannon and hatch have been tapped twice this morning so maybe they don't have the same restrictions.

I wish the cogs came faster. The whole elf>cannon>bell process is pretty slow.
Old 12-26-14, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmmmmm so it would help everybody if you put your tunnel next to your cannon so when somebody logs in to your Springfield they can tap on both.
Old 12-26-14, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Definitely. I didn't intentionally put them side by side for that reason, but I have just about all of my Christmas stuff lumped together in the same area.
Old 12-26-14, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I had Santa's shop in between them, but I just rearranged.
Old 12-26-14, 01:23 PM

The cannon and the elf tunnel are the best things to tap. You get twice the bells for tapping them. Your neighbor gets bells from the handshakes. I haven't seen any other handshakes giving me bells.
Old 12-26-14, 03:16 PM

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,088 Posts

That's what I was thinking we could try. Can good ol' story trust you with his secret identity, David? When would you be available? I'll get my accounts ready and we can coordinate.
Old 12-26-14, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone wants to add me my Origin ID is chrishicks. I've been playing for a bit but not like many of you on here. I have a whopping 3 friends and only 1 returns the favor of visiting daily.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.