Reload this Page >

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Old 06-29-14, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by story
Ugh, I put in a ticket request to EA but I don't have my hopes up. Not even sure what they could do, really. Meanwhile, I'm afraid to log in and have this be permanent though that's not going to help me earn emblems... Was going to get Jasper and one other premium with my 300 donuts after the Stonecutters event was over. Took me months to save all of those donuts. Pretty bummed by the lack of confirm spend notification on this one.
From what I've read, Gil always overrides the confirmation setting. I have seen other people get refunded. They were told that the mansion would be deleted. Once it was done they wouldn't be able to change their minds later and buy it again.
Old 06-29-14, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I'm getting Satans Anvil. Unless they extend the game.
Old 06-29-14, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kstublen
I have it in my town. Username is kwstub (ignore the link on the first page, it is out of date and you'll have to visit my town). If you visit head to the very front shoreline, find Duff Stadium and then head back a little and you'll see it.
I sent you a friend request.
Old 06-29-14, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure I confirmed you. Deleted a bunch of people that haven't been playing at the same time. I'm still tapping on all my friends' towns even though I've reached my goals. Trying to help you all reach Satan's Anvil.

One of the things I like to do in this game (especially when I'm done with the storylines and quests) is send characters to do outdoor tasks and try to get them all in the same place. I do it in my town park section a lot and recently did a nice batch on my Evergreen Terrace and Independent Business Owners sections of Springfield. Here's the result:

Spoiler:

(Spoilered for Size)

Some funny things I tried to do in the process...

-Chester sleeping on a bench right outside of the Solid Gold House
-Stampy blocking the entrance to Oscar's Obstacles
-Moe spying on "Midge" in the backyard of her house
-Barney passed out near Moe's
-Otto walking between the Office of Unemployment and Department of Motor Vehicles (reference to the episode where he lost his license and job)
-Kearny dancing next to the Grumple while he's playing his drums
-Rex Banner interrogating Flanders and Flanders pointing to Homer (reference to the episode where Rex Banner is searching for Homer who is supplying the town with alcohol)
-Grampa Simpson falling asleep while Lisa attends her gymnastics lesson (note the barbed wire around Lugash's Gym)

Last edited by kstublen; 06-29-14 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-29-14, 08:06 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Very nice screenshot! The one thing you're missing that always makes me laugh: have The Yes Guy Moonlight as a security guard (which he does at the Kwik-E-Mart) while Snake tries to rob the Kwik-E-Mart.
Old 06-30-14, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow. That football field is pretty awesome. And no way I'm getting the anvil. Oh well.
Old 06-30-14, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

Finished my 400-emblem task 20 minutes before midnight!

Love the shots of funny stuff people are doing with their town.

If it's any consolation on the anvil,
Spoiler:
it doesn't do anything, and it's a huge space hog. It does look cool, though. The Stonecutters' table is a lot more fun.
Old 06-30-14, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought the gold house as well, the only reason being is that I could not read what it said, (Playing on the iPhone) but I figured it was from Gil so it must be a pretty good deal... well I was wrong! Sorry Story, I get upset when i lose a couple donuts, I can't imagine 250! Hopefully you get them back. If that happened to me I would probably just quit!
Old 06-30-14, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just went through all of my friends' towns so hopefully some of you can get some last minute emblems from me. If I have time I'll try to tap once more before the event ends too. Good luck everyone!
Old 06-30-14, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kstublen
Just went through all of my friends' towns so hopefully some of you can get some last minute emblems from me. If I have time I'll try to tap once more before the event ends too. Good luck everyone!
I forgot we were getting so close. I made a run through a number of friends, especially those under 30K.
Old 06-30-14, 11:14 PM

Received 1,889 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Still only at 19,500 or so emblems due to being out of town for a week and not taking full advantage of the emblem-gathering process in the first week. Was trying to shoot for Lenny and Carl but they may be out of reach, hope not, though. Otherwise, I've now seen the Stonecutters' Table in some of your towns and that animation indeed is hilarious and I wish I could've gotten there!

Last edited by story; 06-30-14 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-01-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I should be active in the game for the last couple days in case anyone wants to hit my lodge, wait for me to refresh it, then come back and hit it again. I know the effort may not be worth it just for a few emblems gained, but it might if you're close.
Old 07-01-14, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone blow up their town? I'm tempted as I need an overhaul but there are some designs that I have made that I like and it seems very time consuming to rebuild everything. I got the 35K emblems so I have a down period, but a July 4th roll out should be coming very soon.
Old 07-01-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I am at 23275. No hope for table?

Also need to ad AmadeusVice to inactive

and Kenbuzzz, awesome sports fields

Spoiler:
Thanks. I took a design from TSTOaddicts.com and modified it for my space. There's also a baseball field next door.
Old 07-01-14, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Anyone blow up their town? I'm tempted as I need an overhaul but there are some designs that I have made that I like and it seems very time consuming to rebuild everything. I got the 35K emblems so I have a down period, but a July 4th roll out should be coming very soon.
Yeah, restoring the buildings would be one thing, but all the other pieces that you need to maintain your ratings and multipliers would be the killer.
Old 07-01-14, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also, for those of you that are trying to squeeze some extra time out of the event to get some more emblems...when they do the takedown for this event it will probably be a manual update. If you don't do the update you might be able to get some more emblems even beyond the actual end of the event
Old 07-01-14, 06:30 PM

There may not be too much wiggle room. I have read that the coding for the daily tasks only goes through the third. Once the update hits, you shouldn't be able to visit anyone who has updated. They should still be able to visit you, but they're taps could revert back to the money, leaving you no emblems.
Old 07-01-14, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's too bad.

Anyway, with around 6 hours left I went back and re-visited every one of my friends. Hope it helps!
Old 07-01-14, 10:00 PM

I think I'm going to end up just 100-200 emblems short for the Stone of Triumph. Bummer!
Old 07-02-14, 01:04 AM

Did you calculate out to July 3? Even if everyone else updates tomorrow that would give you 1,000 emblems from Number 1 tasks for the second and the third. Might get you a late start for anything coming for July 4.
Old 07-02-14, 01:27 AM

It's going to be really close. After all 1,000 from Number 1 for July 2, I still have a small handful to go. If people keep tapping my town today as much as or more than people did today and yesterday I think I'll just make it, thanks.
Old 07-02-14, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by story
It's going to be really close. After all 1,000 from Number 1 for July 2, I still have a small handful to go. If people keep tapping my town today as much as or more than people did today and yesterday I think I'll just make it, thanks.
I was going to ask if you might want to buy something to push you over the top but then I remembered you have no donuts.
Old 07-02-14, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Fourth of July 2014 Tie-in Update:

New Items for 2014:
  • Guiseppe's Workshop with Giuseppe Granfinali -- $5,000* (includes a quest line -- two free donuts within the quest)
  • Lincoln Memorial Statue -- $100,000* (if you have Lincoln, triggers a small quest line)
  • Sit-n-Rotate Restaurant -- $10,000,000 (three-day build with a small quest line; adds tasks for Skinner and Selma)
  • Fireworks Barge -- 80 Donuts* (2.75% multiplier)
  • Ye Olde Cherry Tree with George Washington -- 180 Donuts* (includes a quest line)

Re-issued Items from Last Year's Holiday Tie-in:
  • American Flag -- $5,600*
  • Liberty Bell -- $50,000* (was free last year)
  • All-American Apu Nahasapeemapetilon Character Skin -- 30 Donuts* (was free last year)
  • Pinwheel Firework -- 40 Donuts* (0.75% multiplier)
  • Box of Fireworks -- 60 Donuts* (2.25% multiplier -- got a free one last year)
  • Statue of Liberty Lisa Simpson Statue -- 75 Donuts* (2.50% multiplier)
  • Nighthawk Diner with Rex Banner -- 90 Donuts* (was bought with in-game dollars last year; includes a quest line [quest is reworked and re-triggered for current owners, as well])
  • Lincoln's Cabin with Abraham Lincoln -- 150 Donuts* (includes a quest line)

Some of the re-issued items are unlocked for purchase on July 4 and then on July 11 (Lincoln, Banner). Five free donuts for logging in on July 4.

This update is pushed out and does not deactivate the Stonecutter event. Expect a full app store update later to do that.

*Limited time availability; tie-in event is current scheduled through early July 16.

Last edited by Adboy151; 07-03-14 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-02-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Quick question for the long term players. Do they ever discount the price of donuts? I want some more premium buildings but they price the things so damn cleverly. Thx.
Old 07-02-14, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The fireworks barge is a nice multiplier for the price, so I'll probably get that.

I meant to get Lincoln back in the day but the offer expired a day before I expected.

That $10 million restaurant is insane! I've been buying just enough bloodmobiles to keep myself right around 10 million, so it could be done, but I wouldn't want it to happen when I need cash for a quest.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Quick question for the long term players. Do they ever discount the price of donuts? I want some more premium buildings but they price the things so damn cleverly. Thx.
They do. Gil will offer around 25% off day-old donuts. However, it's hard to predict when this will happen. It's usually at the start of a major event, but it's not every major event. I don't know if we've gotten once since holiday.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.