What happened with story?

This is his last post here.
Old 02-21-14, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by Raul3

Sideshow Bob didn't get added by the programmers. He got trapped inside the game by experimenting with dark magic. The only way he could get out was by having someone "win" five donuts at Sideshow You. That "winner" would become the game's new Sideshow Bob. I don't know if the same escape method will work for story.
Old 02-22-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
So is everyone actually buying donuts with real money?
I've dropped $40 on it. Honestly, I've probably gotten 25-30 hours of out this thing so far. And that's more playtime than most games from the last generation that I bought (not called Skyrim). I don't mind tossing the developers $20 a month to keep the thing going.
Old 02-22-14, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I just recently acquired Bumblebee Man so I only now noticed that the 24-hour task is worth more than the eight-hour task x 3. Seems unusual.

I'm tempted by the Gil deal, though some recent purchases have me down to 137 donuts. On that front...

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
So is everyone actually buying donuts with real money?

But seriously, yeah, I've spent about $50 and I've been playing for a year and a half so as starseed said, I don't mind spending some real cash. This and The Creeps are probably the only casual games that I've spent on, and that's because they're good games that offer a lot in the free version but also offer additional enjoyment with pay. Hay Day are Tiny Tower are both games I enjoy, but paying really just speeds things along, and I don't see any point to that.

Originally Posted by Raul3

Originally Posted by bippitty
Sideshow Bob didn't get added by the programmers. He got trapped inside the game by experimenting with dark magic. The only way he could get out was by having someone "win" five donuts at Sideshow You. That "winner" would become the game's new Sideshow Bob. I don't know if the same escape method will work for story.
His work schedule forces him to stay away for the game for periodic stretches. He dropped some valentines on me yesterday, though, so he is alive.
Old 02-22-14, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Anyone do the other Sim type games?

I see a free Sims and a free theme park game that looks like it night be interesting.
Old 02-22-14, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tried the Jurassic Park game, couldn't get into it.
Old 02-22-14, 05:15 PM

I downloaded the free Sims game, but I balked when it needed to download an additional 1.5 GB.
Old 02-22-14, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must have spun the Vday wheel 3 times a day, everyday it's been available and I'll still missing one item. Grrrr. But I do have 11 trains.
Old 02-22-14, 10:40 PM

I haven't used any real money. I've spent Amazon Coins that I've earned for free but that is it. I'm saving up for the bowlerama and if it takes me a long time so be it. I have won most of my premium items, the only substantial one I bought was the submarine. The only freemium game I've spent real money on is Marvel Puzzle Quest to the tune of around 10 bucks.
Old 02-23-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still missing the dumb lamp post...
Old 02-23-14, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by badlieut
Still missing the dumb lamp post...
If only you could take one of my seven lamp posts or nine flower carts.
Old 02-23-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

yeah, me too for a while. I saved up a whole bunch of spins and then finally hit the lamp post on the second spin. I did see the screen stall for a minute so I think EA gamed it to try and get people to spend donuts on ugly decorations.
Old 02-23-14, 06:06 PM

I got everything and I thought the tunnel of love was pretty crappy anyway. The only thing I really like about this event is Mindy/Madam Chow's and the three Cho Cho trains I won.
Old 02-23-14, 08:05 PM
Cool New Member

I STILL haven't gotten my last item, the damn balloons. I even saved up 10 spins and did the unplug the router trick three times today and had to reinstall, and no balloons. I see some ppl have several, whereas I have like 8 ponds and lamp posts. It's gotta be rigged to not get the last item for some ppl cuz this is ridiculous. I wonder what the odds of winning these particular things are.
Old 02-23-14, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hate the wheel that isn't really a wheel. It caused me to care less about this event. I have a couple balloons. I am missing a fountain and a bench iirc.
Old 02-23-14, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Natureswarden
I STILL haven't gotten my last item, the damn balloons. I even saved up 10 spins and did the unplug the router trick three times today and had to reinstall, and no balloons. I see some ppl have several, whereas I have like 8 ponds and lamp posts. It's gotta be rigged to not get the last item for some ppl cuz this is ridiculous. I wonder what the odds of winning these particular things are.
What I've seen is: Fence - 15%. Train - 5%. Everything else - 10% each.

Keep in mind that it's possible to flip a coin 10 times and get tails every time.
Old 02-23-14, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by danfindlay
I haven't used any real money. I've spent Amazon Coins that I've earned for free but that is it. I'm saving up for the bowlerama and if it takes me a long time so be it. I have won most of my premium items, the only substantial one I bought was the submarine. The only freemium game I've spent real money on is Marvel Puzzle Quest to the tune of around 10 bucks.
Okay, I'm stupid. How do you spend Amazon Coins within TSTO?
Old 02-24-14, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I saved up 20 spins and finally got my last thing yesterday: the pool. I actually got two or them. I got multiples or everything else, except no more trains.
Old 02-24-14, 09:56 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I got my last item (the gazebo) last night. Hooray! I also got a second train. FYI, for those of you who visit my town, the train parked in a lot over by the supermarket is the real McCoy. The one on the boardwalk is a replica set up for the tourists. Don't be fooled.
Old 02-24-14, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Okay, I'm stupid. How do you spend Amazon Coins within TSTO?
Amazon used to pretty frequently give you free coins for downloading free apps on your kindle. I'm pretty sure it was done to get the program off the ground. I also got 500 free points when I first linked my Kindle to my Amazon account. I then bought Golden Scratrchers and used my coins to pay for them. One coin equals a penny and you can only do it if you are playing on a Kindle.
Old 02-25-14, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Three spins today and I got the fence all three times. I'm still missing the fountain.
Old 02-25-14, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I had nine spins last night and got one pool and no trains. I kind of thought the event would end this morning but it didn't so I earned one more spin and got another bench.

I also splurged on the Gil deal even though these particular items weren't superhigh on my wish list. Couldn't resist a deal, I guess.
Old 02-25-14, 08:53 PM
Cool New Member

Might be a dumb question, but in order to get the multiplier bonus from certain items, so they have to be in your town or is having them in inventory enough? If rather not have 11 ponds out if I can avoid it. Thanks.
Old 02-25-14, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Might be a dumb question, but in order to get the multiplier bonus from certain items, so they have to be in your town or is having them in inventory enough? If rather not have 11 ponds out if I can avoid it. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure you need it in your town, I got several ponds and a number of trains I have to keep out as well so I can get the bonus.
Old 02-25-14, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And with the final spin of the night I get my lamp post and the Tunnel of Love.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.