Reload this Page >

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Old 12-26-13, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

No problems tapping on kenbuzz's tile today.
Old 12-26-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does Seattlecub not want anymore bags? I bombarded him as i was going through my friends list quickly then read what he spelled out.
Old 12-26-13, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MBoyd
Why does Seattlecub not want anymore bags? I bombarded him as i was going through my friends list quickly then read what he spelled out.
Thanks for the bags!

My thinking is that I've achieved all the personal prizes and the gifts on the wheel. Any other bags/GCs would just go to spins on the wheel for cash and more GCs, so I think bags would be better used by others. I do however keep wondering if I'm missing something by declining bags--lemme know if I'm overlooking an obvious forehead-slapper.
Old 12-26-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts

I've been hitting up the people that don't have 30,000 gift cards yet. After that, I'll just pick a random friend, and start scrolling through from there.
Old 12-26-13, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've been trying to hit the people who have hit me. Problem with that is it can be hard to remember since I may not visit them for 24 hours. I like the idea of hitting the needy (as long as they're still active, of course), but not being able to see those numbers is probably the biggest drawback of the scrolling system.
Old 12-26-13, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got Claus Co., the wheel is done, in the end I cheated to get it.

Found this by throwawaytiffany on reddit:
This works by rolling back your town after getting bad prizes on the wheel. Make sure to read the whole guide before starting the process!

Collect a few spin tokens
Start game, make sure it's synchronized so the spin tokens you have collected are also saved on EA's servers - easiest way to do this: Go to the friends screen and back
Disable your internet connection edit: if you close the game to do this, it will recognize the missing connection immediately when you restart, so you'll need to cap the connection another way, possibly by playing on wlan and unplugging the router
Spin the wheel as often as you like. If you're happy with the outcome, turn your internet connection back on and enjoy your prizes - of course, your spin tokens will be gone, but you'll have the prizes you wanted.
If you're not happy with the outcome, completely exit the application (make sure it's not running in the background), then delete all TSTO application data. If you don't know how to delete them, deleting the app will probably get rid of them. Re-download and open the game if you deleted it, otherwise just re-open it. If you deleted the data properly, you will be asked to log in; Log in. Once you're logged in, you will be warned that the last device which played on your account didn't save the latest progress and playing now will erase that progress (we choose to delete the progress because it's actually just a loss of spin tokens). Continue anyway and you'll find yourself in your town shortly before you turned off your internet connection; You will also have the spin tokens back.
Repeat from step 2 until done

If, while spinning the wheel, the game tells you it can't connect to servers (the screen with Bart and the wire), unless you are already happy with the results, jump to step 5, then continue as usual.

A few notes: This can be a very long process, especially if you only have few spin tokens. I recommend collecting at least 15 tokens so you don't waste too much time doing this. You can get more spin tokens by tapping the Egg Nog Bar daily and by collecting gift cards after earning all personal prizes - every 1,000 additional cards give you one gift card. With 100 friends and a bunch of characters hunting for the Simpsons over and over you can easily rack up 7 or more tokens daily.

Oh, and of course you can also use this method to farm donuts from mystery boxes and homer buddhas, but this will take a very long time for very few donuts.

Good luck and report back with results!

edit: I tried this with my town earlier today, starting with 7 tokens it took me around 6 tries to get the Claus Co. building, which is why I thought of doing this in the first place.

edit2: If your game disconnects immediately when you disable your internet access, try using a wlan and disabling the internet connection on that wlan without turning off the wlan itself.

edit3: Just finished my wheel, didn't pay a single donut. This being day 14 of the event and me having collected 44,000 extra gift cards and having gotten 3 tokens from gift bags, I'd say I got off pretty well with only 61 spin tokens collected, of which 7 are left over. Time to finish the questline and watch the remaining tokens collect dust.
Was able to do it on iPad with ios7 by using the slide up control panel to turn off wifi. Took me like 4 goes with 5 tokens, and it was a pain having to download about 700mB of updates each time, but its finally done.
Old 12-26-13, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I like the idea of hitting the needy.
You're history's greatest monster!
Old 12-26-13, 06:14 PM

Wn
Thanks for the bags!

My thinking is that I've achieved all the personal prizes and the gifts on the wheel. Any other bags/GCs would just go to spins on the wheel for cash and more GCs, so I think bags would be better used by others. I do however keep wondering if I'm missing something by declining bags--lemme know if I'm overlooking an obvious forehead-slapper.
David, if I drop gb's's in your town, I am adding to community total, so you might as well take em..snoopyfanz has still a bunch to dump if anyone needs em.
Old 12-26-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got my first $1,000 on the prize wheel. I think im down to Claus Co, Snow Shiva and Plow King.
Old 12-26-13, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mlm122
Wn

David, if I drop gb's's in your town, I am adding to community total, so you might as well take em..snoopyfanz has still a bunch to dump if anyone needs em.
Sure, I'm totally fine with anyone dropping bags, and I appreciate it. I'm just saying that there's a choice between me and someone else who's still working on prizes or on the wheel, I can make less use of them.
Old 12-26-13, 07:41 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I just got my final snowman (Santa's Little Helper). I'm now down to 3 more prizes needed from the wheel: Claus Co., Helter Shelter, and Willie's Shack decorations. I'm usually good for about 3-4 spins per day between GCs dropped on me and visits to everyone else. Here's hoping!
Old 12-26-13, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 817 Likes on 542 Posts

Six spins today and now I'm $6,000 richer.
Old 12-26-13, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've started using my GC on friends who have less than 30k in cards themselves.

-PS I would continue to welcome cards as I'm along ways away from getting all my prizes.
Old 12-27-13, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For anyone that doesn't want gift bags anymore, because they don't want to collect, receive a lot of warning that their SF is full, or whatever reason, just put away your Christmas tree and your friends won't be able to drop gift bags on you.

Well, I'm on peace with the wheel now. Kind of. On Christmas night, after I had 7 tokens, i decided to try my luck. And yep, it was 5 $100 prizes, and two "big" prizes. One was the cat snowman, and the other was the Shelter. And yesterday, had two tokens, one was Barney's Plow King, and the other was a gold gift card. I tried again later that day, and received another $1000.

Right now I only have the Claus Co. pending. Life is good here.

But yeah, EA should have made the wheel, so every slot has the same chances. It's a wheel! If some slots have weighted chances that's cheating!

Oh and I had a tile. HAD.
Old 12-27-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
But yeah, EA should have made the wheel, so every slot has the same chances. It's a wheel! If some slots have weighted chances that's cheating!
At the very least, make the more exciting items have a smaller space. It'll make them a bit tougher to get without making it obvious that it's rigged.
Old 12-27-13, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got the Plow King yesterday. I nearly jumped for joy. Still lacking the Helter Shelter, Claus Co, and the 8 armed Snowman....I see a lot more $1,000 in my future.
Old 12-27-13, 12:22 PM

Received 1,832 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Finally got more than one token in a day for the first time! Got one from the egg nog bar, got 2000 gift cards between people looking for the Simpsons and visiting friends' towns, and even found a token in a gift bag. Thanks to all of that, I earned another 150 tickets on the wheel!

YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAH!!!
Old 12-27-13, 12:31 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Finally got some good luck on the holiday wheel. I got the Yeti and Claus Co. I think I have two snow people left to get, but those I don't care as much about.

Also, everytime I try to visit WhoTonys Springfield, my game crashes out of the app.
Old 12-27-13, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

i only need the yeti and the homeless shelter and then i'm done.
Old 12-27-13, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
You're history's greatest monster!
I've discovered a fundamental flaw in the Robin Hood approach in that the people with fewer than 30,000 GCs are generally less active in the game, which makes me less enthusiastic about spending my bags there. So now I'm looking more to give people in this thread more chances at earning cash on the wheel!

Originally Posted by Raul3
Oh and I had a tile. HAD.
I was wondering about that.
Old 12-27-13, 06:03 PM

I had saved up 15 spins. Got one real prize (Mr. Plow). A few gift cards. Scads of cash. It certainly feels like EA is pushing people to buy donuts to get extra spins. I wonder if EA thinks that putting money on the wheel, rather than outright losses, lessens player anger. Speaking for myself, I don't think so.

Sometime during the last week or two, the Golden Scratch-R has disappeared from my game. I even logged into my town from another tablet, so assuming it to be a glitch, it must be on their end. I never buy one, but it seems odd.

I've discovered a fundamental flaw in the Robin Hood approach in that the people with fewer than 30,000 GCs are generally less active in the game, which makes me less enthusiastic about spending my bags there.
"Blimey! This redistribution of wealth is trickier than I thought." Now I shall have the Dennis Moore song running through my head all day.
Old 12-27-13, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got a mission for Legs and Louie, saying to make them interrogate a squealer, but when I click on the, they don't have the yellow mission available. Is there some third person that needs to be available?
Old 12-27-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I got a mission for Legs and Louie, saying to make them interrogate a squealer, but when I click on the, they don't have the yellow mission available. Is there some third person that needs to be available?
I don't think so. When I do that one they just have a guy in a barrel and continually dunk him.

I don't have the golden scratch off either.
Old 12-27-13, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I checked and it looks like other people have problems with this mission. Hopefully it I'll pop up when they come off the 8 hour mission I put them on.
Old 12-27-13, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by bippitty
I had saved up 15 spins. Got one real prize (Mr. Plow). A few gift cards. Scads of cash. It certainly feels like EA is pushing people to buy donuts to get extra spins. I wonder if EA thinks that putting money on the wheel, rather than outright losses, lessens player anger. Speaking for myself, I don't think so.

Sometime during the last week or two, the Golden Scratch-R has disappeared from my game. I even logged into my town from another tablet, so assuming it to be a glitch, it must be on their end. I never buy one, but it seems odd.
That's why I decided to try and cheat the wheel like I said before, worked for me.

I assume the Golden Scratch-R is gone because of the Gil sale, I assume it'll be back when that's over.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.