Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Ghosts (November 2013)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-13, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts (November 2013)

I just started playing multiplayer the other day. It seems like every CoD game, I play til I'm level 30ish and then get bored and trade it in. I'm not sure if that'll be the case this time, but I do have some problems with the game:

They should call it Camp of Duty. I've never seen so many campers in my life. Or Sniper's Delight. Every match at least two or three guys using a sniper rifle.

I agree the maps are too large, it's easy to get confused on where you are. It's definitely too much of a chore to level. It seems like it takes forever.

Oh and guys jumping around killing you, that's just stupid. I understand there's a field ranking bonus for it, but it gets annoying.
Old 12-21-13, 03:51 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy

They should call it Camp of Duty. I've never seen so many campers in my life. Or Sniper's Delight. Every match at least two or three guys using a sniper rifle.
Sounds like every FPS I've ever played much of, namely Halo and Halo 2. You just have to learn where they set up shop or where they camp, and take away the advantage. You just can't run and gun all the time.
Old 12-21-13, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Blitz sucks by the way. Terrible game mode.
Old 12-22-13, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Blitz sucks by the way. Terrible game mode.
Blitz is fun if you have a whole squad playing. Attack the first round, get lead. Defend second round, win.

Going solo in Blitz will suck though.

Just heard they are going to majorly nerf snipers! YAY!!!!!!
Old 12-22-13, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack
Sounds like every FPS I've ever played much of, namely Halo and Halo 2. You just have to learn where they set up shop or where they camp, and take away the advantage. You just can't run and gun all the time.
I've played all COD games since the first one and it's seems like the camping gets worse with every game they release. Maybe the map styles are causing it, the type of players nowadays or combination of both.
Old 12-23-13, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bmello
I've played all COD games since the first one and it's seems like the camping gets worse with every game they release. Maybe the map styles are causing it, the type of players nowadays or combination of both.
I think it has something to do with the TTK in this one. I'm seeing more and more of corner campers with thermal scopes. Doesn't bother me too much. I still go positive while running. You just have to be aware of the spawns and the hot spots.

Bunch of pussies anymore.
Old 12-29-13, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I play hardcore, and I'll never understand how a person will go down with 1-2 shots, but it takes 6 shots to down a dog.
Old 12-29-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate dogs.

Of course one of my best games was when my dog killed like 10 people.
Old 12-29-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Other than picking up a "suitcase" and achieving the objective, is there any other way to get a care package?
Old 01-06-14, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

So is it me or is the fervor we've seen for past games in the CoD series not there. I haven't logged time online in a couple of weeks and have noticed Black Ops multiplayer numbers rising from the post Ghosts release numbers.
Old 01-06-14, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I honestly don't know why I picked this up. The perk system is so annoying. There is such a thing as too much customization in a game like this.

I don't know if it's the lag, cheating, or I REALLY suck, but some matches I can't buy a kill. I'm unloading clips, getting hit markers, and boom one shot I'm dead. The spawning is atrocious, and it rarely seems to be in my favor. The maps are actually too big, and there are way too many spots to hide.

Maybe it's just learning curve frustration, but I don't remember it being so steep in previous incarnations.

Every map reminds me of Aftermath. People are hiding everywhere to kill you. It's just not fun for me. I have liked every version since MW2 less and less, and this is no exception.
Old 01-06-14, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness
So is it me or is the fervor we've seen for past games in the CoD series not there. I haven't logged time online in a couple of weeks and have noticed Black Ops multiplayer numbers rising from the post Ghosts release numbers.

The fervor is not there because the game flat out sucks. Horrible spawns, bad hit detection, always getting killed by one bullet,everyone sitting around these huge maps just waiting for someone to walk by. The level up system takes way too long also. It was inevitable but it sucks what has happened to this franchise, the first COD I played was the first Modern Warfare and I was instantly hooked, it was my first shooter and I played it for days. Played them all for days up to Modern Warfare 2, IMO since Modern Warfare 3 this franchise has gone downhill fast. Basically they are all just cut & paste's of the previous version with a few new gimmicks. Most of my friends feel the same way, when I go online no one is ever playing Ghosts..never. When I feel like playing I still play Black Op's 1, which in my opinion is the last good version. Unfortunately this once great franchise is going the way of Madden.
Old 01-06-14, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As soon as they patched BF4 I never went back to this game. It sucks.
Old 01-06-14, 08:43 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

The respawning isn't an issue if you just let it respawn without cutting it short. I'm just surprised some of the levels in the campaign aren't in multiplayer. Multiplayer in space would be fun.
Old 01-06-14, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chaz k
Basically they are all just cut & paste's of the previous version
literally

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5E82ZkHTiVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-06-14, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My son and I still play a couple of rounds each day, mainly because he loves Infected (he had a 25 kill streak over the weekend), but I'm more fed up than ever with the obvious cheating (I routinely see victors with 35-1-ish tallies), spawning issues, the rampant camping, and glacially slow leveling. (So what everyone else has said, basically.) Will keep playing because Infected seems the fairest of the modes and my kids digs it, but goddamn is this game a huge letdown from the previous installment.
Old 01-08-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Has anyone else done the following? One of the briefcase objectives is humiliate a person after killing them. I killed someone, and then I went over and teabagged them, and it actually worked. I couldn't believe it. I thought that was pretty funny, and I do believe that's the first time in a multiplayer game that I have actually done that to an opponent.
Old 01-08-14, 04:00 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i had thought of getting this for my laptop, but I read that the game will not install unless you have 6 GB of RAM. They have some kind of deal with the RAM companies evidently, there is no way it takes that much.

Originally Posted by bmello

I am getting old, thus my reflexes suck worse and worse. As the years go by, I camp more and more. Sorry
Old 01-08-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Has anyone else done the following? One of the briefcase objectives is humiliate a person after killing them. I killed someone, and then I went over and teabagged them, and it actually worked. I couldn't believe it. I thought that was pretty funny, and I do believe that's the first time in a multiplayer game that I have actually done that to an opponent.
Assumed you were joking so looked it up and...you're right! Had no idea that's what "humiliate" meant...I kept waiting for a crate to arrive after sticking an enemy with Semtex or whatever other actions that earned the "humiliate" emblems in COD:MW3. Didn't think at all to actually teabag a fallen enemy.

Old 01-09-14, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I had no idea what "humiliate" meant either. At least that one is do-able... jumping while killing someone seems infinitely harder (for me anyways).
Old 01-09-14, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob V
I had no idea what "humiliate" meant either. At least that one is do-able... jumping while killing someone seems infinitely harder (for me anyways).
Any easier way to do this is fall from a window, ledge, roof, etc. while you are shooting the person.
Old 01-09-14, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Any easier way to do this is fall from a window, ledge, roof, etc. while you are shooting the person.
I'd argue that it'd be easier to just kill someone and drop your balls on their face.
Old 01-09-14, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

how do you teabag someone in cod? do you just walk over his dead body? or do you have to do something else?
Old 01-09-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob V
Originally Posted by Tarantino
I'd argue that it'd be easier to just kill someone and drop your balls on their face.
I was referring to the bolded part.
Old 01-09-14, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
how do you teabag someone in cod? do you just walk over his dead body? or do you have to do something else?
Walk over their head and crouch up and down.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.