Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Ghosts (November 2013)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts (November 2013)

^^ For that reason I have NO interest in unlocking any other soldiers. I'll use the female soldier, thank you very much.
Old 12-12-13, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Call of Duty: Ghosts Gets Wolf Skin DLC

Call of Duty: Ghosts has received a new bit of DLC that turns your Guard Dog killstreak's loveable warmongrel into a ravenous wolf.

Infinity Ward revealed on Instagram that the DLC costs $1.99 and be available on Xbox platforms from today, December 12, though it will hit other consoles down the line.

<iframe id="viddler-f50d8beb" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/f50d8beb/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=60403539&disablebranding=0&view_secret=60403539" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

The accompany text reads, "Lead your pack to victory. Get The Wolf, a custom #CODGhosts Guard Dog Killstreak skin from 12/12 on Xbox for $1.99 USD
Old 12-12-13, 01:25 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Glad to see that "horse armor" types of DLC are alive and well in Next Gen.
Old 12-12-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

since the game was released, my nephew and I talk about how cool it would had been if we could pick different Dogs for the killstreak. Now this, oh boy. give it free fuckers!
Old 12-12-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great post, Matthew. Agreed on all points.

I think the most glaring diff. between this installment and MW3, even moreso than the giant maps, terrible spawning, sketchy hit detection (apparently a light machine gun blast to the head from 10 feet away loses to a lunging knife thrust EVERY TIME), and awkward perk distribution, is the absence of air support. Even in games where guys are racking up 60+ kils, I rarely see kills from the sky, short of an occasional missile strike or fighter jet run. No UAVS, no hovering choppers (aside from the sniper one, which always gets blasted out of the sky before anyone gets more than a kill or two), no air drops...just a shit-ton of dogs and maniacs with knives.

I was mighty proud of my 1000 kills with a stinger emblem, but launchers seem super-useless in Ghosts.

Was this an attempt by IW to make the games more ground-based, or are the killstreaks in this version just f'ed up?

Oh, and what loadouts/perks are you guys finding most effective?

(Haven't given up on the game yet...my son is pretty good at it and we've had a blast with Extinction, although it sucks, BAD, when teaming with two other decent players and one of them drops out mid-game.)
Old 12-12-13, 02:53 PM

I think you don't see a lot of air kills because most of the maps are primarily indoors. They just aren't built for it.
Old 12-12-13, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
since the game was released, my nephew and I talk about how cool it would had been if we could pick different Dogs for the killstreak. Now this, oh boy. give it free fuckers!
Holy shit! You make regular posts too?

I thought you were just our regular news story from xboxachievements.com poster.
Old 12-12-13, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually like the game way more than BLOPS2. While I do run into the occasional camper or Qscoper. It's not nearly as annoying and it's easier to remover a dug in camper than in BLOPS2 IMO.

If I'm in a map with rampant camping I switch out Agility for SitRep so I can see all the glowing IEDs and SATCOMs. Then I pretty much know where they are and how to approach them.

I did have to adjust my playstyle from pure run and gun to being a bit more cautious in open/high traffic areas. I don't miss swarms or dogs at all since most would just rage quit when you get them. It much more satisfying to run up on them in my black armor and knife them.

I like the many options for perks depending on gametype and enemies. I can adjust my loadout to counter what they run more often than not.

I think what most people don't like is that you cannot have 1 setup or style and use it on every map like you could on BLOPS2.

Just my 2cents.
Old 12-12-13, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Music
Holy shit! You make regular posts too?

I thought you were just our regular news story from xboxachievements.com poster.

Old 12-12-13, 11:06 PM

I'm kinda digging the holiday-themed weapon camo, patch, and background.
Old 12-13-13, 08:22 AM

2x XP in Extinction today (12/13).
Old 12-13-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The more I play the more I like this game... less run and gun is OK with me. Hit detection is wonky, and the stabbing from 10ft away is just a staple of CoD I suppose. One thing that has to be fixed is the spawning non-sense. Maps are plenty big enough to spawn me away from the enemy... and ALWAYS in front of the enemy I'd still take BLOPS2 over this anyday but my experience is improving.
Old 12-13-13, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I actually really dig some of the new perks as well, like when I throw a flash bang, if it hits a target, they let see them in thermal so ots much easier to find them for the kill, I always wanted that feature added.
Old 12-13-13, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rival11
I actually really dig some of the new perks as well, like when I throw a flash bang, if it hits a target, they let see them in thermal so ots much easier to find them for the kill, I always wanted that feature added.
After reading your post and deciphering it, I understand that I see guys as thermal objects because they've been hit with a flash bang? I was wondering why that would randmly happen from time to time... or is there a reward that makes this happen?
Old 12-13-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
The more I play the more I like this game... less run and gun is OK with me. Hit detection is wonky, and the stabbing from 10ft away is just a staple of CoD I suppose. One thing that has to be fixed is the spawning non-sense. Maps are plenty big enough to spawn me away from the enemy... and ALWAYS in front of the enemy I'd still take BLOPS2 over this anyday but my experience is improving.
I've found that if you let the spawn happen and don't mash the x button to spawn quickly it greatly lessens the chance of spawning by an enemy. It's almost as if you're circumventing the spawn system from working if you try to speed spawn.
Old 12-13-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
After reading your post and deciphering it, I understand that I see guys as thermal objects because they've been hit with a flash bang? I was wondering why that would randmly happen from time to time... or is there a reward that makes this happen?
I believe it's a perk but since I am still getting use to the new system....I am not sure but I'm almost positive it is - lol, sorry for the shitty typos, I typed that on my phone.

I really still don't get the complaints on the map size - warhawk (think that's the name) is tiny.

Also with the hit detection I think it's MUCH improved over the others....knife stabs from a mile away?? Never works for me (and believe me, I'm not the best player and rely on that a lot).
Old 12-13-13, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, knife stabs from a mile away never work for me either... but they sure work against me
Old 12-13-13, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Tier one perk Recon paints the target with any explosive damage you put out there. Allows you to sse the target through objects.
Old 12-13-13, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

And I don't see the complaints on hit detection. I think this has some of the best hit detection since MW4. Where I aim is where the bullets go and The knife swipes are pretty spot on. Block Ops had the worst hit detection in the series by far There were plenty of times I was killed by bullets when I was clearly around a corner. The Lag compensation really ruined the hit detection in Blops duece IMHO
Old 12-15-13, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As much as I like the refined multiplayer....I can't stand extinction, just can't get into it. Maybe It's just me and I suck at it but I find it pretty damn difficult to play.
Old 12-15-13, 01:23 PM

As much as I like the refined multiplayer....I can't stand extinction, just can't get into it. Maybe It's just me and I suck at it but I find it pretty damn difficult to play.
Success is totally reliant on being paired with good players. I escaped twice yesterday, partly because there was some forethought from the players in the lobby to make each player a diff. class, and partly because they knew sound strategy (knifing the aliens to get the above 50% and 75% accuracy bonuses; sentry gun loadouts for most...there were six guns blazing away at once during the more challenging moments); always arming the electric and fire traps; and before arming the bomb, placing sentry guns along the escape route.

You'll know if you're with a decent team by how well they execute the first challenge--if someone shoots when melee-only attacks were expected, drop out of the game.
Old 12-15-13, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
You'll know if you're with a decent team by how well they execute the first challenge--if someone shoots when melee-only attacks were expected, drop out of the game.
so true

My first time playing it yesterday and after a couple matches, found a great group and we escaped! It was cool and crazy at the end running to the evacuation point. One guy done it before so he was advising along. I was the only one without a headset and I went down [Fucking Rhino!!!!] 3/4 to the chopper but they revived me and made it.
Old 12-15-13, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
One guy done it before so he was advising along. I was the only one without a headset and I went down [Fucking Rhino!!!!] 3/4 to the chopper but they revived me and made it.

And then there are those games when you make it 3/4 of the way through, just like that, and NO ONE comes to revive you. Happened to me twice today.

Old 12-18-13, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah but what if you want to play extinction in solo mode - lol, go ahead and give it try....it's damn near impossible. Funniest thing is that after I made it past the first wave, I was checking out the map to plot before I setup the next drill point but they only give you a certain amount of time before the aliens start coming again (meaning they arrive again after a certain amount of time even if you don't start the drill).

I wish they didn't nerf the grenades and grenade launchers so much as well - that is like my favorite thing to do - I"m such an accurate it when I toss a grenade and I love the new "Throw grenades further" perk but come on man, if I get to the point where I have released the grenade and it's in the air on the way to you, then you immediately shoot me and I die - that grenade I threw should still hit you but it never does.

I dig having to earn the squad points but I don't agree with using them to have to open events in the operations section (even if it only does cost one squad point).

Has anyone seen a chem attack where it destroys the map and changes it entirely? That was really cool - I dig the shock and awe as well.
Old 12-18-13, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

.Has anyone seen a chem attack where it destroys the map and changes it entirely? That was really cool - I dig the shock and awe as well.
yeah done it a couple times and hijacked like 2 of them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.