Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Originally Posted by Gooter
Surely you jest. It's the best weapon in the game. Period. Make sure you pray to RNGesus. Some people have gone months and months before they got one. Others are still waiting.
Not anymore, killer has 3!
Old 07-08-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get the big deal about the Gjallarhorn. It doesn't even have Shank Burn. I'll be praying for The Last Rebellion.
Old 07-08-15, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So where in the app does it show your progress for that emblem? I'm curious to see how much I've actually hit.
Old 07-10-15, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hello folks, I'm back with yet another Xur Report, brought to you straight from the Tower. Remember, I brave the trip into the last city so you don't have to.

As if there was ever any doubt, this week's Xur Report is brought to you by The Fourth Horseman. You all know why...

Xur's offerings this week are a mix of old and new, with Hunters being left out in the cold a bit.

Xur is located in the bar this week, way at the far end of the Tower Hangar in the bowels.

The deals:

For the Titan, it's the Eternal Warrior Helmet. This is the new helmet for House Of Wolves, and it's main perk is providing Unstoppable for Fist Of Havoc. This allows to to run Shoulder Charge and still be pretty much unkillable while using your super. The roll is OK.

For the Hunter, it's the Crest Of Alpha Lupi Chest. The roll is low, but the perks are good for PoE and ToO.

For the Warlock, it's the only new Chest piece in House Of Wolves, the Purifier Robes. The main perk here is that using Radiance from death will blind surrounding enemies. It's like the Saint-14 helmet for Titans. The roll here is decent, but it's hard to say no to a new item.

The engram this week is for helmets...again.

The weapon this week is...Plan C. Again. It's a decent PVP Fusion, but it doesn't really stand out as an Exotic. Maybe we'll get Plan G next week.

That'll do it for the text and image portion of my Xur Report, for a more detailed analysis of this week's deals, take a look at the latest edition of my video Xur Report, coming up now!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8k2STvOLCNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: For those curious, here are the stats for the number of times Xur has sold each weapon thus far:

Spoiler:

Red Death - 4
Ice Breaker - 4
Truth - 4
MIDA Multi-Tool - 4
Plan C - 4
The Last Word - 4
SUROS Regime - 3
Patience & Time - 3
No Land Beyond - 3
Dragon's Breath - 3
Universal Remote - 3
Hard Light - 3
Thunderlord - 1
Gjallarhorn - 1

The list of weapons has actually been pretty evenly distributed with the exception of two of them. Thunderlord was first offered in Week 35, while Gjallarhorn's only appearance was way back in Week 2. There has not been a heavy weapon offered since Week 36, meaning it's overdue. We'll see what happens next week, but my guess is that we'll see one of these two pop up.

Last edited by TheKing; 07-10-15 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-10-15, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purifier Robes are good. Really good. Blinding effect is whatever, but the real perk is melee feeding nades and nades feeding melee.

I like it more than Praxic Fire, because as a practical matter, I don't really fire off my Radiance all that often.
Old 07-10-15, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
Purifier Robes are good. Really good. Blinding effect is whatever, but the real perk is melee feeding nades and nades feeding melee.

I like it more than Praxic Fire, because as a practical matter, I don't really fire off my Radiance all that often.
Yeah, I brought that up a bit in the video. Those are perks that are usually found in helmets, as the perks the Robes have now were originally assigned to the Ram Helmet but changed last minute.
Old 07-10-15, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't think Xur will ever sell the Gjallarhorn again. If the rarity of the Gjallar is such that even the guy up on stage at E3 mentioned he is still waiting on his, Bungie will never offer it for sale since everyone and his brother has enough coins now to buy it (as opposed to week 2 where I doubt many people had the strange coins). They wouldn't want to flood the market of their most sought after weapon.

Thunderlord I could see......

EDIT: if Xur sells the Gjallarhorn in the next few weeks, that would probably imply that there will be a new "bestest most awesome and rare" with The Taken King.
Old 07-10-15, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
So where in the app does it show your progress for that emblem? I'm curious to see how much I've actually hit.
Last app update said it was in there but I can't find it. It's easier to just go to the Bungie website.

I need 18 chests and Skolas.
Old 07-10-15, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet we see Xur offer the Gjallarhorn once Taken King drops. He'll offer it when he can only be found on their new planet, that you can only visit if you purchase the new DLC. That's one way to see if offering a rare enough item will get people to pony up $40 to purchase it.

I'll try to hop on tonight to grab the Purifier Robes. Does anyone else still need to knock out a nightfall and/or raids this week?
Old 07-10-15, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Nightfalls no but if you need a hand hit the daggers up. With fully upgraded arc weapons it takes like 10 minutes. We can help out.
raids = yes - I've got 2 characters to run raids and all 3 to run PoE 32 and 34.
Old 07-10-15, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cruzness
Nightfalls no but if you need a hand hit the daggers up. With fully upgraded arc weapons it takes like 10 minutes. We can help out.
raids = yes - I've got 2 characters to run raids and all 3 to run PoE 32 and 34.
I'd like to knock out some PoE runs as well.
Old 07-10-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Trials Of Osiris is back open again. Helmets are the available armor this week, and you can also get the shotgun.

Widow's Court is the map. That's the new DLC map on Earth that takes place in a small village. This is the second time ToO has taken place on that map.
Old 07-10-15, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And in even more news, the weekly update is now up for viewing, and it's got some fresh Taken King details.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13127

The big news: We'll be going from 10 bounty slots to 16.

They also give us the first look at the new UI in Taken King, which is the biggest revamp the game has seen since launch. There is a new section in the menu screen called Progress, which is where bounties and quests have been moved to. Quests will play a bigger role in Destiny going forward, and you'll be able to track your progress on each of them on this screen.

You'll even be able to select a few bounties and quests to highlight, which will allow you to track their progress without having to go into the menu.

And maybe the biggest news of it all, you'll be able to turn in bounties from the quest page, which I take to mean that we no longer have to go to the Tower or Reef to turn them in. Though if we still have to go there to actually get them, that's only half the solution.

Oh, and DeeJ hasn't finished his Moments of Triumph. No shock there I suppose, since he's been stuck on the 34 Prison Of Elders since April I'm guessing he's never defeated Skolas...
Old 07-10-15, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I decided to compile all of Xur's stats here, as I've now completed the armor portion.

So here we go with weapons again:
Spoiler:

Red Death - 4
Ice Breaker - 4
Truth - 4
MIDA Multi-Tool - 4
Plan C - 4
The Last Word - 4
SUROS Regime - 3
Patience & Time - 3
No Land Beyond - 3
Dragon's Breath - 3
Universal Remote - 3
Hard Light - 3
Thunderlord - 1
Gjallarhorn - 1

Titan Armor:
Spoiler:

Helm Of Saint-14 - 3
Helm Of Inmost Light - 5
An Insurmountable Skullfort - 4
The Glasshouse - 3
Eternal Warrior - 1

No Backup Plans - 4
Ruin Wings - 5
ACD/0 Feedback Fence - 1

Crest Of Alpha Lupi - 4
The Armamentarium - 7

Mk. 44 Stand Asides - 6
Peregrine Greaves - 1

Hunter Armor:
Spoiler:

Mask Of The Third Man - 4
Achlyophage Symbiote - 7
Knucklehead Radar - 4
ATS/8 Arachnid - 3
Celestial Nighthawk - 0

Young Ahamkara's Spine - 4
Don't Touch Me - 5
Khepri's Sting - 1

Lucky Raspberry - 5
Crest Of Alpha Lupi - 7

Radiant Dance Machines - 4
Bones Of Eao - 0

Warlock Armor:
Spoiler:

Apothoesis Veil - 4
Light Beyond Nemesis - 4
Skull Of Dire Ahamkara - 2
Obsidian Mind - 4
The Ram - 0

Sunbreakers - 6
Claws Of Ahamkara - 3
Nothing Manacles - 1

Voidfang Vestments - 9
Heart Of The Praxic Fire - 3
Starfire Protocol - 7
Purifier Robes - 1

The stats show a couple of surprises, like the Saint-14 only coming up 3 times, making it a relatively uncommon drop. I was surprised that Starfire Protocol had been offered 7 times, one of the highest drops. Voidfang Vestments leading the way is about what I expected.
Old 07-11-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Man, I'm trying to do this House of Wolves story Kell of Kells mission in which I have to destroyed all six oracles but I keep getting one shot killed by architects. The most I can get is four. I'm level 32 warlock and any advice is greatly appreciated. I already died over 20 times and getting a little pissed off.
Old 07-11-15, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

The only real trick I can think to mention is to try to remember where these suckers pop up, and shoot the oracles dead as quickly as you can after they spawn. Ignore everything else. I think I used rockets to get rid of the first few and switched to Ice Breaker after that. It took me a few tries (I didn't spend remotely as much time doing the Vault of Glass as most of you), but I want to say I got it on my fourth or fifth attempt.
Old 07-12-15, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spent this past week working on my Titan. Up to a 31. Just need some legendary Gauntlets for 32. Was a lot easier getting ranked up this time around compared to my Warlock.

Didn't get the coveted Ice Breaker, but did nab a Patience and Time sniper rifle.

Also, scored a Universal Remote
Old 07-14-15, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And here we go with the reset report!

The Nightfall this week is The Nexus.

Nightfall
Epic
Angry
Brawler
Grounded

Yep, no burns.

The weekly is Rockets McDickface.

Heroic
Brawler

Yep, no burns there either.

32 POE is Machine Wrath. Servitor that can regen health.

34 POE is Cult Of the Worm. Gulrot, the Unclean. Or as I like to call him, Pukey McPhogoth

Variks has Gauntlets for sale (All have Fallen perks):

Warlock gets Discipline
Hunter gets Intellect
Titan gets Discipline & Strength.

The sniper rifle is also for sale, and for the second week in a row, the weapon has the most awesome of perks: Shank Burn. Because that's EXACTLY what I need in a sniper!
Old 07-14-15, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No burns? Ugh, at least it's a quick strike. Looks like another week with my weapon cores remaining in the vault.
Old 07-14-15, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did a couple of 32 POEs for Warlock gloves...may or may not bother with Nightfalls.
Old 07-17-15, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

http://kotaku.com/every-single-popul...fed-1718430271

Not the Gally!
Old 07-17-15, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ladies and Gentleman, Xur has made history this week, doing something that he has NEVER done before.

This week's Xur Report is brought to you by conspiracies! Conspiracies, because you know Oswald didn't act alone.

Xur has indeed returned to the Tower this week, but he seems to be a bit lighter than he normally is. The image should explain why.

Xur is located in North Tower, down at the end of the walkway past the Speaker.

Here are the deals:

Normally, I'd start with the armor, but as you can see, there is something missing here. For the first time in the 45 week history of Xur, he has not brought a weapon with him.

In the past, Xur has skipped items. There were weeks where he didn't bring an exotic engram, and we all remember the long drought where he stopped bringing heavy ammo synth. But this is the first time one of the "Big 4" items has been skipped.

The big question is why? Last week in my report I gave a statistical analysis of what Xur has offered for sale. In there, I noted that of the 14 weapons he can sell, 6 of them have been offered 4 times, and 6 have been offered 3 times. Then you have the Thunderlord and Gjallarhorn, each only appearing once.

My prediction for this week was a return of the Thunderlord, but perhaps it was the return of another weapon that has prompted this mystery. Could this have been Week 2 for the Gjallarhorn? Did Bungie actually ban the GHorn from Xur as many believe? And would this week of silence be proof?

Or did Xur just have an error? We have seen his items change in the past. So it's certainly possible that by the time you read this or watch my video, the info included may be out of date.

But for now, I'm going with the theory that Oswald killed Kennedy with a Gjallarhorn supplied by Xur in Week 2, who travelled back in time using a Vex Time Gate to do the deed, and it was all a plot put into place by The Nine, who have Mob ties.

Anyhoo, enough of that. I will review what he does have for sale:

For the Titan, it's The Helm Of Inmost Light. This is the 6th Time Xur has offered this item, and the first time it's been offered in 13 weeks. Good helmet for Titan Strikers, but a low roll this week.

For the Hunter, it's the Celestial Nighthawk helmet. This is the 1st time Xur has offered this item. The roll is great at 123, and the perk of a 6X Golden Gun shot is awesome. Hunters, pick this up.

For the Warlock, it's Sunbreakers. This is the 7th time Xur has offered these, and the first time it's been offered in 15 weeks. It is the best roll that Xur has ever sold at 111. But still, they're pretty useless. If you need them for your collection, pick them up.

The engram this week is for Helmets...again, for the 4th week in a row.

And that will do it for the Xur Report on text this week, stay tuned for the video report with a more in depth analysis, coming up now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ST6EY8rM5I4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by TheKing; 07-17-15 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-17-15, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Could the lack of a weapon be a glitch? Bungie says they're working on something related to Xur's inventory: https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/statu...96436842917888
Old 07-17-15, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Could the lack of a weapon be a glitch? Bungie says they're working on something related to Xur's inventory: https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/statu...96436842917888
I like my theory better
Old 07-17-15, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They're nerfing the Gjallarhorn.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13147

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.