Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-14, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Good news for those of us who bought the PS3 version to get the PS4 free:

The PSN store is now showing that I have purchased the PS3 AND PS4 versions, and I am now downloading it to my PS4.

And now it's downloading 16GB. yay.

On the positive end, I've got all the extra content installed on both systems now. But that 16 gig download is gonna take a while.

Last edited by TheKing; 09-09-14 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-10-14, 12:04 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, also shows as purchased for me as well. I put it in my download queue and asked my fiancee to turn on the console at home, because I'm at work. Hopefully it gets to downloading and will be done by the time I'm home.
Old 09-10-14, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Yep, also shows as purchased for me as well. I put it in my download queue and asked my fiancee to turn on the console at home, because I'm at work. Hopefully it gets to downloading and will be done by the time I'm home.
No gonna work for ya. Unfortunately the way this download works is that you'll download a small file through PSN, which will look like the game is installed. But once you start the game, that's when you get the 16GB download through Bungie. You have to do it with the system running all the way through.

Took about 3 hours for me to get everything, not bad I suppose, but it would be nice to do it like every other game.
Old 09-10-14, 02:27 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh, that is annoying. On the PS3 it was a 7 GB file and then the update downloaded once I logged into the game proper.
Old 09-10-14, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I got my X1 copy yesterday but I don't feel like I have the time to invest in this type of game... also, since only 4 people bought the X1 version in total, I'm bound to run into nickdawgy and existing with him in the real world is enough for me.
Old 09-10-14, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Got screwed last night. Decided to try a Bounty Board mission (play 5 Control matches). Lost the first 4 matches. Fifth match we were actually winning and I was first on the team. Yea! With about :90s remaining, I get booted. Bummer. So I had to run another one to get the bounty mission.

After #5 I hit the bounty board, turn in and get 0 Cruicible points.

Weaksauce.
Old 09-10-14, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musick
so any other impressions good or bad from those of you playing
I won't have my LE delivered until tomorrow (Wed) and probably won't get to play till Thurs if the downloading takes too long
I find the enemies much more challenging here than in the beta. It's struggle to clear some of the rooms on my own in the Russia map(s) with enemies at or slightly above my level. I had to leave the Moon because I needed to level up a little more if I'm going to take them on solo. Think this is a good thing overall... I was mowing 'em down in the beta and here I have to strategize a little.

Visuals are amazing; gunplay is nice and smooth. I have no qualms about the look and feel of the game. My only fear right now is for the longevity of content... I'm not real into PvP, though I will participate in that for a bit.

Loot seems hard to come by, but I haven't spent a ton of time roaming yet... maybe tonight.

This is the first time I've been disappointed with load times on the new generation console. I don't expect seemless transition from planet to planet, but it seems like there's a longer loading screen than on any other PS4 game I've played this year.

Last edited by Oliver Clothesoff; 09-10-14 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-10-14, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
No, if you bothered to read posts on this very page, you'd see why reviews weren't available on day one. On top of that, if you had done even a little google searching, you'd see that Destiny is the most pre-ordered game of all time. Calling it a bomb is laughably out of touch with reality.

You're free to have whatever impression of the gaming industry you like, but you can't just make up facts. Then again, it's never stopped you before.
Ok so you are essentially saying it is a GOOD sign that reviewers were given copies at the last minute? That has to be your opinion since you find it necessary to disagree with anything I post.

The game has a lot of preorders because it is the most hyped title of the year. That doesn't mean it is a great game.
Old 09-10-14, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's the multiplayer aspect? Not a big fan of campaign but love TDM, CTF, etc..
Old 09-10-14, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob V
I got my X1 copy yesterday but I don't feel like I have the time to invest in this type of game... also, since only 4 people bought the X1 version in total, I'm bound to run into nickdawgy and existing with him in the real world is enough for me.
You can add me if you would like, GT is SCHLOOB. Right now just got through the first 2 missions of the Moon and loving this game. To others about the Beta vs. actual game. Yeah, getting through the Devil's Lair was much more challenging this time around for sure. Scares me to think what the later "Boss" levels will be like.
Old 09-10-14, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
The game has a lot of preorders because it is the most hyped title of the year. That doesn't mean it is a great game.
Nobody said it was good, bad or indifferent as a result of it selling a lot.

You said it was a "bomb", which is objectively incorrect and frankly kind of laughable. It remains to be seen whether the game has legs, but the launch was extraordinarily successful.
Old 09-10-14, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
Ok so you are essentially saying it is a GOOD sign that reviewers were given copies at the last minute? That has to be your opinion since you find it necessary to disagree with anything I post.

It's a partial MMO. You can't really do MMO style gameplay without the middle M. So it makes sense.

It isn't a sign that it's good or a sign that it's bad. The beta suggests it's very good.

People seem so ready to shit on this game for no real reason, it's amusing.

Last edited by RichC2; 09-10-14 at 08:22 AM.
DVD Talk Legend

My PS4 version was ready for download at ~7PM eastern, but that 16GB download was taking long enough that I wrote it off for the night.

But I should be good to go tonight. Sounds like the early part of the game is basically the alpha/beta?
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Xbox Live gamertag is GuruAskew
Old 09-10-14, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
My PS4 version was ready for download at ~7PM eastern, but that 16GB download was taking long enough that I wrote it off for the night.

But I should be good to go tonight. Sounds like the early part of the game is basically the alpha/beta?
Yes, for the most part. A few tweaks here and there. Difficulty slightly increased but no big deal.

Graphics are simply amazing. IMO, the best yet on PS4. Controls seem a bit sluggish to me but I think it's because I'm coming from Warframe where you move at the speed of light. The game needs more loot drops though. It is so disappointing when you finally get a drop and it's just a plain ol' white item.
Old 09-10-14, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Almost to level 8 and getting ready to play the moon mission. I also wish I didn't put that time into the Alpha & Beta. That was the forth or fifth time I played through that first mission in the past couple months, so what would have been a great initial impression, was me running through it just to get past it. But overall, I still like the game a lot. My main concern is only having 4 planets/atmospheres, that could be a little stale. I also don't like that only one crucible game type is available right away (CTF). I'm not sure when the others unlock, but I would like to be able to try them out soon.
Old 09-10-14, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm one of thee 3-4 people playing on Xbox One. The game looks amazing! I can see the upgrade in graphics from the beta. Not sure if I didn't pay enough attention to the beta, but I think the score is also different, better of course.

Still don't like the UI, mouse based (?), but it's just a minor.

Level 3, almost 4, have played for only 1.5 hours (last night, Pacific time), with a Warlock.

Zero issues.
Old 09-10-14, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

picked up the Xbox One version last night. Gamertag is Maingon360
Old 09-10-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I caved in and bought this from the PSN store this morning. Installing now. I didn't play the beta so I have no idea what I'm in for. Literally everyone on my friends list is playing this, so at least there's that. And I wasn't on the hype train so I can't be disappointed. I'm usually pretty easy to please as far as video games go (BF4 is still the best game on PS4 IMO Let's see what you got Destiny)
Old 09-10-14, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
You can add me if you would like, GT is SCHLOOB. Right now just got through the first 2 missions of the Moon and loving this game. To others about the Beta vs. actual game. Yeah, getting through the Devil's Lair was much more challenging this time around for sure. Scares me to think what the later "Boss" levels will be like.
Originally Posted by Guru Askew
My Xbox Live gamertag is GuruAskew
Originally Posted by Raul3
I'm one of thee 3-4 people playing on Xbox One.
I added you guys as friends, feel free to add me as well, ChiBearFan. Looks like us XB1 players need to band together. I know there's a separate thread for the PS4 clan, is there enough people to warrant an XB1 one?
Old 09-10-14, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rocketsauce
I added you guys as friends, feel free to add me as well, ChiBearFan. Looks like us XB1 players need to band together. I know there's a separate thread for the PS4 clan, is there enough people to warrant an XB1 one?
You guys just need to get a PS4.
Old 09-10-14, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also I haven't seen this talked about too much (haven't read this entire thread so maybe it was covered during beta phase) what are everyone's impressions on the 3 different classes and what and why are people choosing to begin with?

I went with Warlock just because it seemed the most "nontraditional" class. Meaning the other two felt like the typical sniper and warrior type classes.
Old 09-10-14, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
You guys just need to get a PS4.
Yeah yeah I know. I had the PS3 before getting XB1 swearing to never go back to Microsoft after RROD debacle but the damn universal media features got me to go back.
Old 09-10-14, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

LOVING it so far but got "removed from the game world" 4 times so I just quit. Not sure if it was just server overload or what.
Old 09-10-14, 09:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Question:

I did a patrol mission last night and was rewarded some Vanguard Marks. Immediately afterwards I went back to town but when I arrived my Marks had disappeared. Bug? Or did I do something wrong in teleporting out immediately?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.