Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Old 12-14-20, 10:09 AM
  #251  
DVD Talk Legend
 
spainlinx0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 18,676
Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

This really seems like a lesson in how to destroy all of your goodwill in one easy step.
Old 12-14-20, 10:18 AM
  #252  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,444
Received 897 Likes on 662 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
This really seems like a lesson in how to destroy all of your goodwill in one easy step.
Sadly, I'm sure they don't care since they've already made back all production costs via pre-orders.
Old 12-14-20, 10:30 AM
  #253  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 22,196
Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

This is funny.

Old 12-14-20, 10:32 AM
  #254  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,188
Received 1,186 Likes on 913 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Well, Fallout 76 is awesome now and it only took 2 years to get there. I think Cyberpunk is fun right out of the gate. It's just that it's obviously not optimized for last gen systems. If you have a PS5 or the new Xbox then it's fine.
Old 12-14-20, 10:36 AM
  #255  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,444
Received 897 Likes on 662 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Well, Fallout 76 is awesome now and it only took 2 years to get there. I think Cyberpunk is fun right out of the gate. It's just that it's obviously not optimized for last gen systems. If you have a PS5 or the new Xbox then it's fine.
Other than the system crashes. No other game has caused my PS5 to reboot. This game, 4 times so far.
Old 12-14-20, 10:41 AM
  #256  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 27,991
Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
This really seems like a lesson in how to destroy all of your goodwill in one easy step.
Plus, think about the retail workers who are going to have to put up with the bullshit of people trying to return an opened copy of the game.

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Well, Fallout 76 is awesome now and it only took 2 years to get there. I think Cyberpunk is fun right out of the gate.
you can't be serious.
Old 12-14-20, 10:49 AM
  #257  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 22,196
Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by Noonan
Other than the system crashes. No other game has caused my PS5 to reboot. This game, 4 times so far.
I guess it must have been hard crash Sunday because it crashed my PS5 four times yesterday. I would be super pissed if it took a lifetime to load the game back up and get back into it. Still aggravating when I had to do a braindance all over again because of the crash. I know what they were aiming for but don't like doing those sequences. Very Division like, in my opinion.
Old 12-14-20, 11:10 AM
  #258  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
uteotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: All the Way to Reno
Posts: 4,755
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
The game does have its problem and lifeless citizens, but the story and the city are really enthralling. I haven't had a game call me back to my console like this one in a long time. I had four hard crashes on my PS5 with it yesterday, but even that couldn't cause me to put the controller down and walk away.
Totally agree. There is SO much detail and SO much going on, I don't need every passerby to chat. I had one crash yesterday on my PS5, but other than that it's been great. (The ONLY other thing is that subtitles keep coming back on after I've turned them off, but it's no minor I don't care.) To me, the game's been totally enthralling and I've ended up playing way longer than I planned every time I've started. The game is just massive.
Old 12-14-20, 11:12 AM
  #259  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 22,196
Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

I have an issue where I'm having to assign my weapons to their slots more than I should. I will end up in a battle and try to whip out a gun and instead whip out my fists. Not sure why the game keeps dropping my weapon assignments.
Old 12-14-20, 11:56 AM
  #260  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,444
Received 897 Likes on 662 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I have an issue where I'm having to assign my weapons to their slots more than I should. I will end up in a battle and try to whip out a gun and instead whip out my fists. Not sure why the game keeps dropping my weapon assignments.
Same here. I can only swap weapons if I hold Triangle(?) to bring up the wheel, then manually select on the 3 I have equipped. I don't know how to fast swap between them.
Old 12-14-20, 12:00 PM
  #261  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 22,196
Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by Noonan
Same here. I can only swap weapons if I hold Triangle(?) to bring up the wheel, then manually select on the 3 I have equipped. I don't know how to fast swap between them.
My problem is that I will have the three weapon squares with specific weapons assigned. And then the game periodically removes them from the slot, leaving me empty handed in battle. Fortunately, you can pause the game to do the necessary equipping. However, it is rather annoying. Also, I hope we get the actual PS5 version sooner than later. However, I think with them buggering up the last-gen versions that they will be spending a lot of their time and resources on those to the detriment of getting the actual next-gen versions out in a reasonable time.
Old 12-14-20, 12:01 PM
  #262  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,444
Received 897 Likes on 662 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
My problem is that I will have the three weapon squares with specific weapons assigned. And then the game periodically removes them from the slot, leaving me empty handed in battle. Fortunately, you can pause the game to do the necessary equipping. However, it is rather annoying. Also, I hope we get the actual PS5 version sooner than later. However, I think with them buggering up the last-gen versions that they will be spending a lot of their time and resources on those to the detriment of getting the actual next-gen versions out in a reasonable time.
How do you hot swap weapons when they are assigned? I can't even do that.
Old 12-14-20, 02:17 PM
  #263  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,188
Received 1,186 Likes on 913 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by Dan
Plus, think about the retail workers who are going to have to put up with the bullshit of people trying to return an opened copy of the game.


you can't be serious.

I am serious about Fallout 76. I skipped the initial release and only got it a month or two ago for $18 shipped from Amazon brand new. It has a quest and the new Steel Dawn DLC, etc. i still haven't finished those yet and it finally plays like an actual Fallout game. Anyways, there's a separate Fallout 76 thread where I talk about my experiences with it.
Old 12-14-20, 02:26 PM
  #264  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,747
Received 389 Likes on 292 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by Noonan
How do you hot swap weapons when they are assigned? I can't even do that.
I press Y on Xbox. Assuming itís triangle on PS.
Old 12-14-20, 07:26 PM
  #265  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,247
Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

In the seven years of owning a PS4 I've had a total of 6 crashes. 4 of those are CyberPunk . Still having fun but its very obvious the system can't handle the game.
Old 12-14-20, 07:30 PM
  #266  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,913
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Think iím done playing until ps5 crashes are fixed. Hopefully the update coming in the next 7 days fixes it.
Old 12-14-20, 08:08 PM
  #267  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,247
Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Also does anyone else think at the end of ACT 2
Spoiler:
The car chase with the enemies that have the mantis blades climbing up is a homage / copy of T2 chase with the T-1000?


Awesome scene either way
Old 12-14-20, 09:21 PM
  #268  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 45,314
Received 1,017 Likes on 808 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by mhg83
In the seven years of owning a PS4 I've had a total of 6 crashes. 4 of those are CyberPunk . Still having fun but its very obvious the system can't handle the game.
There's a difference between a crash and performance though. Crashes are just poor QA or rushed development.
Old 12-15-20, 08:39 AM
  #269  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,739
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Somehow I've had zero PC crashes, but I have had multiple issues which required closing out of the game and opening it back up, like permanently having the "overheating" status effect at 46%, being unable to run, and being stuck in combat. (not all at the same time)
Old 12-15-20, 08:40 AM
  #270  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,444
Received 897 Likes on 662 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by GoVegan
Somehow I've had zero PC crashes, but I have had multiple issues which required closing out of the game and opening it back up, like permanently having the "overheating" status effect at 46%, being unable to run, and being stuck in combat. (not all at the same time)
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Thought I was going crazy when it happened to me.
Old 12-15-20, 09:06 AM
  #271  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,739
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by Noonan
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Thought I was going crazy when it happened to me.
Yeah, that one took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out. "Am I carrying too much? No. Maybe Caps Lock? Am I stuck crouching? Affected by a hack or something?"
The following users liked this post:
Noonan (12-15-20)
Old 12-15-20, 09:31 AM
  #272  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 22,196
Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

I had the not being able to run thing. I fast travelled and it fixed it. Sucks if you are a long walking distance from a fast travel hub. You either have to slow walk it or reboot. No other choice.
Old 12-15-20, 09:33 AM
  #273  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,444
Received 897 Likes on 662 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

Originally Posted by GoVegan
Yeah, that one took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out. "Am I carrying too much? No. Maybe Caps Lock? Am I stuck crouching? Affected by a hack or something?"
I went through basically the same steps.

This game is a mess. It needed probably 6 months more dev/qa time.
Old 12-15-20, 10:55 AM
  #274  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 75,548
Received 6,143 Likes on 4,179 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

I heard the story of this disastrous launch on the National News this morning. I don't recall the last time I heard any video game related news on the radio, certainly not game-related news. This is a big story now.
I have decided to wait to even try this game out until some patches come along. I have enough other games to crash my PS5 for the time being.
Old 12-15-20, 11:12 AM
  #275  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,188
Received 1,186 Likes on 913 Posts
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (12/10/2020: PS4, XB1, PC)

I must of hit a game glitch during the Dalmain taxi recovery side missions. There was one cab that kept going around the block over and over. The fucker would not stop even if I put cars in front of it - it would smash through until I shot the shit out of it. Dalmain admonished me for it and asked me to stop, but I didn't, then he canceled the contract and I essentially "failed" the quest. I think I was only successful in bringing one of the cabs back to Dalmains HQ.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.