DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/607782-lego-marvel-super-heroes.html)

slop101 02-07-14 11:17 AM

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Since there are now Lego Simpsons, I want a Lego Simpsons video game - with the game made by the people behind the Lego games, and obviously with the TV voice actors. Better still, a Lego Futurama game! Yes, they could make a non-Lego version of these properties, but those usually suck.

fujishig 02-07-14 12:12 PM

I kinda liked the last open-world styled Simpsons game...

Tempted by the lego movie game, but I don't know if I should go with the WiiU for off system play, or just one of the next gen systems so I don't miss out on any DLC (if there is any)

edited to add: this point may be moot. I don't see a Bestbuy in the area that has the WiiU version in stock (the others are in stock), reportedly not every store got their shipment of the minifigs that come free with the game, and the next gen versions apparently don't automatically get the GCU discount taken off.

Krayzie 02-07-14 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 12004026)
I kinda liked the last open-world styled Simpsons game...

Tempted by the lego movie game, but I don't know if I should go with the WiiU for off system play, or just one of the next gen systems so I don't miss out on any DLC (if there is any)

edited to add: this point may be moot. I don't see a Bestbuy in the area that has the WiiU version in stock (the others are in stock), reportedly not every store got their shipment of the minifigs that come free with the game, and the next gen versions apparently don't automatically get the GCU discount taken off.

Yup, the two stores near me didn't get the minifigs in. My local walmart didn't even put the damn game out...

slop101 02-07-14 01:01 PM

Kinda' suspicious that there aren't any reviews of the Lego Movie game on any of the major gaming sites. That's usually the sign of a rushed, shoddy game...

Deftones 02-07-14 01:17 PM

one of the guys at Kotaku said he just got his copy today. as for it being rushed, i don't see how that isn't possible. in one of those articles i linked above, it said they've released like 6 games the past 2 years.

Krayzie 02-07-14 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12004083)
one of the guys at Kotaku said he just got his copy today. as for it being rushed, i don't see how that isn't possible. in one of those articles i linked above, it said they've released like 6 games the past 2 years.

They also have Lego Hobbit coming out in two months. I expect lots of bugs.

Krayzie 02-07-14 01:37 PM

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/05...ds-on-the-film
Here is the only review I could find. All the lego games are basically the same game just with different character skins and environments so I can't see this being too bad.

Shannon Nutt 02-07-14 01:42 PM

I'd rather get a LEGO Ghostbusters game than a LEGO Simpsons one.

Deftones 02-07-14 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Krayzie (Post 12004114)
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/05...ds-on-the-film
Here is the only review I could find. All the lego games are basically the same game just with different character skins and environments so I can't see this being too bad.

this is supposedly different. all the environments are made of lego. everything is. previous games didn't have that level of detail.

Decker 02-09-14 08:35 PM

Back to Lego Marvel : I got to play some on the PS4 this weekend. So far, so good. No glitches encountered yet. Doesn't look *much* better than the last-gen Lego games, but it is sharper looking and there are much shorter loading times.
I like this game. I think it's more entertaining than Lego Batman 2, because there's a better integration of the other heroes and it makes more sense that they're all functioning in the same universe. Vocal acting is pretty good too with reasonable matches for most of the movie voices. Also the best integration of co-op so far. I'm having a blast playing it with my son-- he doesn't seem to be screwing anything up by playing alongside me, and having 3 characters at a time means we can play co-op and still switch characters while playing co-op (a minor change, but actually a significant one). And thank God the mid-game level saves are back and even easier to use than in Lego Batman 2.
I like it! :up:

LorenzoL 05-11-14 01:17 PM

I'm finishing this game up to get 100% on the PS3. I finished the main story and going through the bonus levels and trying to get the gold/red bricks, minikits and Stan Lee in Perils. I had a few glitches along the way but I found this game very enjoyable especially the Marvel characters. However, I found the vehicle driving to be a pain in the ass as it took quite a few tries to finally complete the races.

dsa_shea 05-11-14 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 12103386)
I'm finishing this game up to get 100% on the PS3. I finished the main story and going through the bonus levels and trying to get the gold/red bricks, minikits and Stan Lee in Perils. I had a few glitches along the way but I found this game very enjoyable especially the Marvel characters. However, I found the vehicle driving to be a pain in the ass as it took quite a few tries to finally complete the races.

The flying races were absolutely a pain in the ass. I was finally able to do them with Doctor Strange for some reason.

LorenzoL 05-19-14 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 12103568)
The flying races were absolutely a pain in the ass. I was finally able to do them with Doctor Strange for some reason.

I'm having a very difficult time with the Maria Hill go-kart races. It's freaking annoying!

dsa_shea 05-19-14 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 12110677)
I'm having a very difficult time with the Maria Hill go-kart races. It's freaking annoying!

Those were some of the worst. You just have to keep doing them and eventually you will get it. At least it is not 2 out of 3!

Solid Snake 02-19-15 04:23 PM

I bought the game when it was cheap on XBL. Played it for a bit at the start of the year and quit it. Wasn't feeling it. Then I started again like 2 weeks ago. It was pretty easy. Fun, somewhat clunky... fucking flying, and very much a love letter to Marvel in all the best ways.

My major criticisms are probably how slow most of the characters are when they run, the flying, and some repetitiveness in missions. Beyond that though...I'm damn near 100%. I'm grinding the hell out of this game.

I didn't think the Maria Hill races were hard. Just clunky and loose. Just let go of gas and do your turn or be careful w/ your brakes.

Kedrix 02-20-15 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake (Post 12400651)

I didn't think the Maria Hill races were hard. Just clunky and loose. Just let go of gas and do your turn or be careful w/ your brakes.

By the way, it's cheap as hell but it works...if you want to beat the Maria Hill go-kart races, make sure your second character is one of the big ones like Hulk and throw that character right in front of her before the race starts. It takes her enough time to get around him and usually you can cruise to victory.

Unfortunately, I wish there was a way to make the flying races easier. I might have to go back and try Dr. Strange. I was doing it with Spider-Woman and had a slightly better time of it (than with Iron Man), but it was still a pain in the butt. Every achievement except the 100%, *sigh*

Solid Snake 02-20-15 10:40 AM

They all kind of fly the same to me. IM was the one I used for like the first three. THen I got Archangel and stayed w/ him on the races. Mostly cuz I like that he has wings. I just have to get all the vehicles I haven't gotten and the remaining gold bricks. Like 15 cars and I know I have 13 bricks left.

It's funny... the one thing that probably annoyed me the most was probably during the deadpool missions where there is this lull after he's wrapping it up. Just...music and him dancing...but it's awkward. Like 20 seconds lol.

Kedrix 02-20-15 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake (Post 12401405)

It's funny... the one thing that probably annoyed me the most was probably during the deadpool missions where there is this lull after he's wrapping it up. Just...music and him dancing...but it's awkward. Like 20 seconds lol.

I enjoyed the Deadpool stuff (wanted more of it honestly), even the awkward dancing. But then again, maybe I've read too many of his comics (and played the awesome game he was in to death). It just suited him I guess and I was used to that. The only thing that really annoyed me (outside of flying) was finding the next Stan Lee in the New York map. Pain in the butt only to hear him shout Excelsior 5 million times.

Solid Snake 02-21-15 02:17 AM

I love Deadpool too it was just... awkward cuz I couldn't get out of the cutscene. You were just stuck in it. When you're trying to get 100%, you want shit to fly by if you can.

EDIT: I lied. I forgot about those stupid remote controlled races. Some of those are really annoying.

Not sure how they decided to have those kinds of controls on those kinds of races.

Solid Snake 02-22-15 09:48 PM

got 100%. It glitched on me with 99.9%. Read up online. Played the last story mission, beat it, and got my achievement. That was easy. Fun game. I hope they fix what is wrong in this one for the sequel. But.... I doubt it. I dunno. How good are these guys at fixing these Lego games? Seems like they don't do it much. Just pump out a game.

LorenzoL 06-03-19 01:21 PM

Bump.

I played the PS4 version of this game as I never finished the PS3 one and was able to finish all of the races on the map. Felt like this was a big accomplishment as the racing control really suck in this game.

But as stated in my post over 5 years ago, the Maria Hill first Go-Kart race was one of the worst. She accelerates really quickly but as long as you are able to stay right behind her, an opening will present itself right before the finish line. The blocking with a secondary character trick did not work for me nor bumping her at the starting line.

The other ones were the remote controlled cars on the roof top (I almost threw my controller), the Gold Brick race between buildings wire obstacle on a rooftop (I used Elecktra) and a couple of the flying ones like the one at the middle of the sea and the one in between the two buildings near Oscorp (I used Galactus). For the road racing, I used the Ghost Rider's cycle and made it a breeze for me using the L2/R2 to slow down and speed up.

dsa_shea 06-03-19 05:02 PM

I am working on Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 and it seems to have a never ending list of things to do to get the 100%. There are the 20 story levels that you have to play twice (story/free), the 10 Gwenpool levels you play twice, the multitude of races, gold bricks and character tokens you collect in the open world, and the 25 challenges that are a big time suck. I really despise the character missions where you follow them from point to point while mashing out groups of enemies.

LorenzoL 06-03-19 06:00 PM

Seems like they added more stuff than the original. That will be my next game as soon as I finish with this one. Thankfully summer is coming and I should be able to increase my gaming time.

Does the driving control still sucks?

dsa_shea 06-03-19 08:03 PM

The driving controls are not very good and vehicles can get stuck on the smallest of things, making finishing a race impossible without retrying it. I'm going to say to expect to spend at least 50 hours minimum on this game if you are going for the plat.

LorenzoL 06-05-19 07:16 AM

I installed Part 2 and played the first two levels and my first impression is that I don’t like the changes they made to this sequel. Taking away the choice to start off the missions in the hub is a big minus for me. They changed the flying controls so once I start the races, I’ll find out whether I’m able to do it or not.

LorenzoL 06-11-19 12:46 PM

I'm around 6 missions away from finishing the story mode for Part 2 and I'm really missing the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters from the previous game. The focus on the MCU and Immortals are annoying.

I haven't done any of the races yet so in order to get 100%, I expect a lot of annoying moments like the first game.

dsa_shea 06-13-19 04:35 PM

Just plan on about 50-60 hours total playtime for the platinum, if that is what you are going for.