DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/607782-lego-marvel-super-heroes.html)

Supermallet 10-28-13 04:04 PM

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

:lol: That's awesome.

Jcheckel 10-28-13 07:21 PM

Played some more this evening and the flying finally just clicked for me, was able to finally just breeze through some of the flying races.

james2025a 10-30-13 08:20 AM

I am flying through this game now. The more i play it the more i enjoy it. I can see that once everything is done it will not be like GTA and will have continued replay value...but its been easily the best Lego game so far.

I was thinking of other movies that would translate to good Lego goods. Maybe the James Bond series (i think this would translate exceptionally well), the Terminator series, The Matrix, Aliens, Predator, Star Trek. Or how about linking up with Capcom for a Lego Street Fighter to change it up a bit.

Jcheckel 10-30-13 11:24 AM

I finished it up last night and loved it.

Lego is currently making toys for TMNT, and are rumored to have an announcement soon for Simpsons toys, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is the next one.

Jcheckel 10-30-13 01:31 PM

For those that have finished is there anyone you were surprised wasn't in the game?

Not in game:
Spoiler:
I was surprised by the lack of Quicksilver, he could've had his own blocks like Flash in Batman 2.

Also a little disappointed by the lack of Ka-Zar since we got a Savage Land reference

A few of the others I would've like to see are in the DLC

As for alternate costumes
Spoiler:
A little disappointed with only one alternate Spidey costume.
Surprised there was no Angel as an alt to Archangel
Also figured there would be classic Nick Fury :(

Guru Askew 10-30-13 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by james2025a (Post 11889363)
I was thinking of other movies that would translate to good Lego goods.

Wet blanket time.

Maybe the James Bond series (i think this would translate exceptionally well)
Probably too sexual/violent. Which leads us to:

the Terminator series,
R-rated films.

The Matrix,
R-rated films.

Aliens,
R-rated films.

Predator,
R-rated films.

Star Trek.
Building toy rights tied up by competitor.

Or how about linking up with Capcom for a Lego Street Fighter to change it up a bit.
So your only viable selection is inherently different gameplay-wise.

slop101 10-30-13 03:48 PM

There's gonna be Simpsons themed Lego toys in 2014, so maybe we'll get a videogame out of that.

james2025a 11-04-13 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Guru Askew (Post 11889848)
Wet blanket time.

Probably too sexual/violent. Which leads us to:

R-rated films.

R-rated films.

R-rated films.

R-rated films.

Building toy rights tied up by competitor.

So your only viable selection is inherently different gameplay-wise.

First of all, these games are fun....but wet blanket??? Seriously. OK. Whatever floats your boat.

I was merely thinking of other series that would be fun if they ever got transferred into a Lego game. Of course i realize that most i put are adult themed movies, but the set pieces in most would make interesting level design.

As for the James Bond game, i don't think they are too violent or sexual to stop from being made into a game. The licensing...well that will probably be a major hurdle. I think they could make an excellent series of Lego games and plenty of story lines to make games.

As for the Street Fighter game, well the Lego formula is now pretty tried and tested. Maybe at this stage its getting a little stale. It would be interesting for them to mix it up a bit. I seem to recall them doing a racing game at one point. Why not try a fighting game. I think it could be pretty fun if handled well.

So all i was doing was hypothesizing about movies and maybe even game overlaps that would be fun.

Canis Firebrand 11-04-13 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by james2025a (Post 11889363)
I am flying through this game now. The more i play it the more i enjoy it. I can see that once everything is done it will not be like GTA and will have continued replay value...but its been easily the best Lego game so far.

I was thinking of other movies that would translate to good Lego goods. Maybe the James Bond series (i think this would translate exceptionally well), the Terminator series, The Matrix, Aliens, Predator, Star Trek. Or how about linking up with Capcom for a Lego Street Fighter to change it up a bit.

I've been playing it ovre the past week and really enjoyed it. The only complaint that I have for it is that a certain ability you don't get until you almost finish the main story line. I have been trying to get as many characters and gold bricks before finishing the main story line.

However,

Spoiler:
many of the characters and gold blocks require a character with magnetic ability. You don't get Magneto (which is the only character I think with magnetic ability) until almost the last story mission.

It's limited my ability to go back into each mission, the story missions and the side missions, to get the character in peril, minikits, etc. Also, getting telekentic powers came fairly late in the game as well.

I'm at the next to the last story mission, so I think that I have all the needed abilities now to do everything. I have completed both story/free play 8 out of the 12 side missions for the red bricks. Just need to get more money to buy the multipliers so that I can get lego money easier to buy characters, etc.

Guru Askew 11-04-13 10:07 AM

That's really nothing new. Star Wars had the stuff that required Sith powers and you didn't get them until late in the game. DC had stuff that only Joker, Riddler and Lex could open.

james2025a 11-04-13 11:13 AM

Well i am just shy of 200 gold bricks and most of the characters unlocked. Is it just me, or does the Galactus character seem to fly a little faster than the others? I also like the nod to the Infinity Gauntlet on the Asgard level.

Supermallet 11-09-13 12:21 AM

Feel like I'm getting pretty far into Arkham Origins, so I ordered this on the Wii U. Should have it on Tuesday.

Lone Wolf 11-10-13 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Guru Askew (Post 11895444)
That's really nothing new. Star Wars had the stuff that required Sith powers and you didn't get them until late in the game. DC had stuff that only Joker, Riddler and Lex could open.

Not to spoil anything, but with Lego City Undercover there was a power that you didn't get until you beat the game.

The Questyen 11-10-13 02:46 PM

I've gotten 100% completion on the majority of the Lego games and I find for me it's better to play through the game first and then go back and try to get all the bricks and collectibles.

Cusm 11-10-13 10:33 PM

I HATE the races, I can't complete a flying one w/ the weird flying controls, also I'm on the 2nd Ghost Rider race and I can't even keep it close through the second hoop. And the zip line seems almost impossible. My son is getting mad that neither of us can finish those last few.

Guru Askew 11-11-13 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Wolf (Post 11903620)
Not to spoil anything, but with Lego City Undercover there was a power that you didn't get until you beat the game.

I forget what's what in LOTR and HP but POTC had stuff only Blackbeard could access. Same thing: you only got him at the end of the story mode.

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 11903679)
I've gotten 100% completion on the majority of the Lego games and I find for me it's better to play through the game first and then go back and try to get all the bricks and collectibles.

In Batman 2/DC there was a clear path: you play the story missions, you unlock all the extra characters in the open world, you go back into free play with the stuff you unlocked.

I'm looking forward to playing this but I'm curious if the next-gen version has anything substantial added. If it's just a slightly better-looking version of the exact same game I'd actually rather get the 360 version so I could play it with my nephew at his house.

Deftones 11-15-13 09:10 AM

this game is frustrating. i've beat every level. collected every character. i have 1 gold brick left to find. i've seemingly done all the races. i can't figure out where this last one is. grrrrrr

Adboy151 11-15-13 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11910159)
this game is frustrating. i've beat every level. collected every character. i have 1 gold brick left to find. i've seemingly done all the races. i can't figure out where this last one is. grrrrrr

I took a break from this game as I think it's cheated me out of a Minikit canister, but I remember a falling glitch I had on
Spoiler:
Liberty Island, and it looked there's a gold brick inside the Statue of Liberty's torch.

Deftones 11-15-13 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Adboy151 (Post 11910188)
I took a break from this game as I think it's cheated me out of a Minikit canister, but I remember a falling glitch I had on
Spoiler:
Liberty Island, and it looked there's a gold brick inside the Statue of Liberty's torch.

Spoiler:
nope. that's a stan lee in peril up there.

this sucks because i have all the achievements except 100% complete. :lol:

Adboy151 11-15-13 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11910206)
Spoiler:
nope. that's a stan lee in peril up there.

this sucks because i have all the achievements except 100% complete. :lol:

No, there was one physically inside
Spoiler:
the torch's flame; not sure how to get to it
... I fell off trying to rescue him.

Deftones 11-15-13 10:19 AM

Spoiler:
How can there be one inside of the flame? it is a solid piece of metal. :confused:

Deftones 11-16-13 03:25 PM

So this is odd. Can't get the last gold brick. Has to be a glitch. Makes me mad because I can't get 1k achievements for the game because I can't get 100 percent. My son was playing a random deadpool level and beat it (circus one). The achievement for 100 percent popped up. I had already beat the level so there was no yellow brick to get. Oh well I won't complain now that I got it but totally odd.

mattysemo247 01-29-14 10:17 AM

Starting on Sunday, TRU will have the 360, PS3 & Wii U versions for $19.99 and PS4 & One versions for $29.99

Decker 01-29-14 10:22 AM

Nice. I wonder if the Next Gen versions are worth the extra $10.

Solid Snake 01-29-14 10:28 AM

... Interesting.