DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/607782-lego-marvel-super-heroes.html)

Rob V 10-22-13 08:58 AM

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 11880164)
All versions are selling well on Amazon. I'm personally looking forward to The Lego Movie Game; but really, this is the only Lego game you will ever need:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...pL._SY445_.jpg

Must you hijack every thread?? You're now on my ignore list.

Xander 10-22-13 09:26 AM

The demo for this was hella fun. Got to play as Hulk, Iron Man and Spider-man. I was going to get this for my son for Xmas, but I don't know if we (I) can wait that long! :)

Groucho 10-22-13 09:48 AM

Mod Note: let's keep the discussion focused on the game at hand. Console-war trolling is not welcome here.

james2025a 10-22-13 12:10 PM

I am a sucker for these Lego games. Not a huge fan of the POTC or the Indiana Jones, but the rest have been good. This one looks amazingly fun. I always prefered Marvel over DC, and the open world environment looks like it is cool. Picking it up today.

lopper 10-22-13 02:49 PM

I've never been a huge Lego game fan, but I'll probably pick this up after the New Year for the PS4. This looks really fun.

Deftones 10-22-13 05:49 PM

So far I'm a few hours in. This is set up exactly like Lego Batman 2. You have linear levels, then you have the open world stuff. Some characters are great to play with like Black Widow, because her gun is fast and it helps to clear areas. Some are not really that good, like Wolverine. He's slow and doesn't seem that powerful. Overall, if you liked Lego Batman 2, you'll like this. It's fun as hell.

MasterofDVD 10-22-13 07:39 PM

Definitely going to get the XBOX One version of this for my son. He's played the demo a dozen or so times and seems pretty excited about it. He saw the reserve cards at Wal-Mart and freaked but sadly they didn't have the XBOX One version.

james2025a 10-23-13 08:40 AM

played it for a few hours last night. Its very similar to Lego Batman 2, but i think i am enjoying this more. The levels seem to be more enjoyable to go through. Some of the levels with Batman felt tedious, especially on replaying them. I am loving the open world setting and this will add a lot to longevity. The only issue i am having so far is with flying characters. The controls are a little poor. Its weird as the flying in Batman 2 was simple and effective. They have changed it a little here and not sure if its for the better. Maybe in time it will be more fluid. But so far so good generally.

wlj 10-23-13 08:57 AM

This game is only $26.99 on Steam.

Deftones 10-23-13 10:02 PM

I never played Lego batman 2 coop so i don't know if it is the same. Holy shit the rotating split screen thing is trippy.

Jcheckel 10-24-13 08:21 AM

I'm a few levels in and I like it so far. I like what they did with the citizens in peril from Batman 2 in this. The thing I don't like is the map screen, even zoomed out at its farthest, it still seems too zoomed in to me. Also, I've found a few of the character tiles in the open world part, but they still seem to show up on the map. I haven't messed with the open world much yet, so I haven't paid close attention to the flying in it, but I had a little bit of an issue with the flying in Lego Batman 2, it took me a while to get used to it because the controls were different in the open world sections than in the levels.

I know it's not likely, but does anyone have an extra code for the gamestop preorder characters for the PS3?

Deftones 10-24-13 12:52 PM

My biggest complaint is the flying. Holy shit did they fuck up the flying. Now it's not bad in level, since they are linear. In open world, especially during flying challenges, it is terrible. Instead of 2 sticks covering movement, it's left stick for movement, and B for decrease in altitude and Y for increase in altitude. Horrible. Whoever decided to make that change should be fired.

Jcheckel 10-24-13 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11882872)
My biggest complaint is the flying. Holy shit did they fuck up the flying. Now it's not bad in level, since they are linear. In open world, especially during flying challenges, it is terrible. Instead of 2 sticks covering movement, it's left stick for movement, and B for decrease in altitude and Y for increase in altitude. Horrible. Whoever decided to make that change should be fired.

I'll agree with you to a certain point after doing one of the flying challenges. The flying is awful for the challenges, however for just getting around in the open world I prefer this flying over the flying in Batman 2.

slop101 10-25-13 12:26 AM

Fucking game keeps freezing on me. And I know it's not my PS3, since no other games freeze on it. Kinda' funny; intense games like GTAV and Last of Us don't freeze, but Lego keeps freezing. Also, I can't reverse the X/Y axis of the camera controls. WTF?

slop101 10-25-13 12:37 AM

Doing some research, seems like freezing is a common occurrence with Lego games on the PS3, which reminds me that it was the reason I stopped playing Batman 2 - wish I would've remembered that before I bought the game, so I would've gotten this for the 360 instead. Oh well...

nickdawgy 10-25-13 12:53 AM

The DC heroes game kept freezing on me on Xbox back in the day.

Krayzie 10-25-13 07:08 AM

I ended up breaking down and buying this at walmart for $50 just so I could get the lego patriot figure... Damn lego exclusives...

Jcheckel 10-25-13 12:01 PM

Has anyone who preordered from Amazon gotten their $10 credit yet? My Batman credit already came, but not my Lego one.

Deftones 10-25-13 12:32 PM

I haven't had any freezing issues on Xbox version of this. I had all sorts of issues w/ Lego Batman 2.

Deftones 10-25-13 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11884173)
I haven't had any freezing issues on Xbox version of this. I had all sorts of issues w/ Lego Batman 2.

I guess I shouldn't have said anything. I just got one during a boss battle. :(

The Dude 10-25-13 08:09 PM

Downloaded the demo and played it with my 5 year old. Definite buy (freezing issues aside) as soon as we finish Lego Batman 2. Her excitement to play as Iron Man was only a small preview of the histrionics once she got to be Spiderman; it was pretty awesome.

james2025a 10-26-13 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11882872)

I agree with everything you said. It ruins the game. The flying race challenges are practically impposible due to the controls. Far too often you are flying and when you want to change elevation you just come to a stand still. Annoying as fuck. They had it perfect with the Batman games, why the hell did they change it? The person responsible needs firing as does and QC team as this is a glaring problem.

Would it be possible for them to fix this issue in an update?

Lone Wolf 10-26-13 12:11 PM

I'm playing on the Wii U. I love that one player can play on the tv and one can use the gamepad. Was Lego Batman 2 given this feature when it was released on the Wii U? If it was I may rebuy it.

Deftones 10-27-13 11:52 AM

Just finished the game story mode. The nod to
Spoiler:
Guardians of the Galaxy
at the end was fucking awesome. :up:

Supermallet 10-27-13 03:48 PM

Maybe I'll get this one for the Wii U, if I ever get around to it.

Lone Wolf 10-27-13 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 11885988)
Yep, multiplayer is the same.

Cool. I've never really liked the rotating split screen that the lego games use.

Solid Snake 10-27-13 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11885900)
Just finished the game story mode. The nod to
Spoiler:
Guardians of the Galaxy
at the end was fucking awesome. :up:

What was it?

Deftones 10-27-13 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake (Post 11886538)
What was it?

Spoiler:
after you beat the game, there is a short cinematic of nick fury at the statue of liberty. He meets the GOG there and Groot says his typical line. Was an nice unexpected nod to the upcoming movie.

Solid Snake 10-27-13 11:35 PM

Nice.

Adboy151 10-28-13 07:59 AM

New glitch I noticed after playing the Kingpin mini-level. Items that I had already unlocked on the map (Elektra, Absorbing Man, The Leader) now reappear on the map. When I go back to those locations they indeed have been claimed/unlocked.

james2025a 10-28-13 08:44 AM

So i have completed the game and made pretty good progression in collecting everything else. After spending more time flying it is not as horrible as it first seems, but still far from perfect. It makes things like the flying challenges much harder than they need to be. They need to revert this to the flying they had from Batman 2.

The game is a really a blast and i can see massive potential for more Marvel Lego games. Civil War, Infinity Gauntlet, Secret Wars, Seige....the list goes on. They could all translate well.

wlj 10-28-13 09:21 AM

This is my first Lego game, so I am sure this is just part of the formula, but I am SICK of the puzzles. You are constantly solving some puzzle to advance only to find another puzzle a few seconds later. It is quite comical that Iron Man can fly, but somehow can't fly over an obstacle. He has to solve the puzzle. :p

Like I said, this is my first Lego game, so I am sure they are all like this.

Adboy151 10-28-13 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by wlj (Post 11887000)
Like I said, this is my first Lego game, so I am sure they are all like this.

Actually the puzzles are dialed back in this one -- at least in story mode, IMO. This one didn't have very many pressure plates or any slow-push an object puzzles. But it is the nature of the game.

The open world map and puzzle load are infinitely better than Batman 2.

Deftones 10-28-13 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Adboy151 (Post 11886945)
New glitch I noticed after playing the Kingpin mini-level. Items that I had already unlocked on the map (Elektra, Absorbing Man, The Leader) now reappear on the map. When I go back to those locations they indeed have been claimed/unlocked.

i had that happen in the exact same place.

Deftones 10-28-13 03:38 PM

One of the hidden characters is

Spoiler:
howard the duck

:lol:

Supermallet 10-28-13 04:04 PM

:lol: That's awesome.

Jcheckel 10-28-13 07:21 PM

Played some more this evening and the flying finally just clicked for me, was able to finally just breeze through some of the flying races.

james2025a 10-30-13 08:20 AM

I am flying through this game now. The more i play it the more i enjoy it. I can see that once everything is done it will not be like GTA and will have continued replay value...but its been easily the best Lego game so far.

I was thinking of other movies that would translate to good Lego goods. Maybe the James Bond series (i think this would translate exceptionally well), the Terminator series, The Matrix, Aliens, Predator, Star Trek. Or how about linking up with Capcom for a Lego Street Fighter to change it up a bit.

Jcheckel 10-30-13 11:24 AM

I finished it up last night and loved it.

Lego is currently making toys for TMNT, and are rumored to have an announcement soon for Simpsons toys, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is the next one.

Jcheckel 10-30-13 01:31 PM

For those that have finished is there anyone you were surprised wasn't in the game?

Not in game:
Spoiler:
I was surprised by the lack of Quicksilver, he could've had his own blocks like Flash in Batman 2.

Also a little disappointed by the lack of Ka-Zar since we got a Savage Land reference

A few of the others I would've like to see are in the DLC

As for alternate costumes
Spoiler:
A little disappointed with only one alternate Spidey costume.
Surprised there was no Angel as an alt to Archangel
Also figured there would be classic Nick Fury :(