Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

CoD: Black Ops IV

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-18, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
CoD: Black Ops IV

Dropping some time this year (assuming November). Black Ops is my favorite of the different brands but it's hard to get excited about this product anymore. I'll wait and see...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ca.../1100-6456597/
Old 02-06-18, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: CoD: Black Ops IV

My friend left Treyarch shortly after they started on this one. From what it sounded like, many of the people from the team wanted to work on something different after BO3, but they wouldn't allow it since Black Ops is the best selling branch of the franchise now. Gotta love how decisions are made sometimes with management. As always, I'll at least rent it for the campaign. But it kinda sucks to know that the passion isn't there anymore, even for the people making the damn game.
Old 02-06-18, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Day one purchase here. The Treyarch MP is second to none with this franchise. I still boot up BLOPS 3 every once and a while.
Old 02-06-18, 03:58 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love COD WW2. The campaign was fantastic and the MP is fun as well. I’m tired of all the futuristic BS and flying around crap
Old 02-07-18, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

The only treyarch title I've liked was world at war, everything else to me has been garbage
Old 02-07-18, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ManfromCyrodiil
I love COD WW2. The campaign was fantastic and the MP is fun as well. I’m tired of all the futuristic BS and flying around crap
Rumors say this one will be modern times and boots on the ground. If that's the case I'm definitely not buying the WW2 season pass. That game has been a giant rip-off, what with deleting maps from the release just to sell them back to us in the first DLC. I bought the Blops3 season pass and got 2 years of play out of the game.
Old 02-07-18, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

If it's boots on the ground then I will pass. I skipped WWII for that very reason.
Old 02-08-18, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
If it's boots on the ground then I will pass. I skipped WWII for that very reason.
You really should give WW2 a chance - It's very fast paced and the graphics are amazing - you won't miss not being able to boost.
Old 02-08-18, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't play much multiplayer, but I loved Advanced Warfare. Maybe because it was close to Titanfall style multiplayer. It was fast, fun, and you could jump and traverse pretty much anywhere on the map. I was excited when it was Sledgehammer's turn again last year, but didn't really care for WWII.
Old 02-08-18, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I have always been a sucker for these games, that being said, they have grown increasingly tiresome. I have not grabbed WWII, but i think that will be an enjoyable ride as i tend to prefer the real world style versions of these games. The first two Modern Warfare games were fantastic, and the multiplayers were great, but the future set games i find dull and unimaginative. The Black ops games have been mixed, and i found the multiplayer to be boring. Its a shame these games have become such money juggernauts as i think its made the development lazy.