Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Old 11-11-14, 09:41 PM
  #101  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,089
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

I will be picking this up after I finish The Evil Within. Really looking forward to it. A lot of the reviews have been talking about the very loooong play time. I wonder if that is to get through the main story or to get through everything.
mewmartigan is offline  
Old 11-11-14, 09:45 PM
  #102  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,380
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

I heard Polygon gave this 13.2/5.
Groucho is offline  
Old 11-13-14, 08:42 AM
  #103  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 920
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

If you are an EA Access member you can now download the 6hr demo. Any progress made in the demo will carry over to the retail game if you want it to.
M Polo is offline  
Old 11-13-14, 04:00 PM
  #104  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manch Vegas, NH
Posts: 8,171
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Who the fuck are you?
Music is offline  
Old 11-13-14, 04:11 PM
  #105  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 4,004
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Definitely getting this. Need something to take the place of Advanced Warfare.
sven is offline  
Old 11-13-14, 04:11 PM
  #106  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New York, N.Y.
Posts: 1,702
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

i'm trying to decide between the PC version and the xbox360 version.
I don't know if the game is geared more towards action or strategy that will play better with a keyboard/mouse.
Any suggestions?
timewaster is offline  
Old 11-13-14, 04:40 PM
  #107  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,796
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
i'm trying to decide between the PC version and the xbox360 version.

Any suggestions?
Buy a next-gen console on Black Friday.
Decker is offline  
Old 11-13-14, 05:09 PM
  #108  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,173
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

I hope to get the PC version personally, but I guess that partially depends on the specs of your PC.
fumanstan is offline  
Old 11-13-14, 07:54 PM
  #109  
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: WPB FL
Posts: 3,531
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Started playing today through EA Acess, the game looks beautiful. Loving the first hour I played so far, 5 hours left.
Mok is offline  
Old 11-14-14, 09:45 AM
  #110  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Osiris3657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,144
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

This looks amazing. I'm mad that I haven't played the first two (well, about 1 hour into the first one).
Osiris3657 is offline  
Old 11-15-14, 04:12 AM
  #111  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,486
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Anyone who's planning to pick this up should really check out Dragon Age Keep.

Saves from the previous games don't directly import into this one, so the website includes all of the possible choices and outcomes from those two games and lets you choose to set up your import into DA:I in any way you wish. You can view a narrated slideshow-type summary of the story as it currently exists while you make changes, and then when your story is set up the way you want it, you can create your export that will transfer into DA:I via your Origin account. It also serves as a good story overview for newcomers or a refresher for those who have played the previous entries.

The Default world state seems pretty straightforward and bland, so if you want some personal nuance and in-game references to decisions you've made when you get to DA:I, this is the (only) way to go. Some of these decisions will definitely affect a number of characters and sidequests, at the very least.
MoviePage is offline  
Old 11-15-14, 06:57 AM
  #112  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Originally Posted by MoviePage View Post
Anyone who's planning to pick this up should really check out Dragon Age Keep.

Saves from the previous games don't directly import into this one, so the website includes all of the possible choices and outcomes from those two games and lets you choose to set up your import into DA:I in any way you wish. You can view a narrated slideshow-type summary of the story as it currently exists while you make changes, and then when your story is set up the way you want it, you can create your export that will transfer into DA:I via your Origin account. It also serves as a good story overview for newcomers or a refresher for those who have played the previous entries.

The Default world state seems pretty straightforward and bland, so if you want some personal nuance and in-game references to decisions you've made when you get to DA:I, this is the (only) way to go. Some of these decisions will definitely affect a number of characters and sidequests, at the very least.
Interesting. I wonder why they couldn't import previous saves this time around.
RocShemp is offline  
Old 11-15-14, 08:03 AM
  #113  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,486
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

They're accounting for both cross-gen and platform switchers (360 to PS4, etc.).
MoviePage is offline  
Old 11-15-14, 08:04 AM
  #114  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

It must depend on if you played it on the PC or not, because Dragon Age Keep is clearly importing in my save game information from both games right now. Unfortunately I never beat DA:O and never played DA2 past the intro.

edit: But then once I get to the main menu it says it DOESN'T import in save games, so I don't know what the hell it was importing to start with then, but it was doing something with my account.
flashburn is offline  
Old 11-15-14, 09:07 AM
  #115  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,486
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

It imported mine from 360 too, just as a list of "accomplishments." As far as I can tell, those don't actually affect anything. At least not yet, anyway.
MoviePage is offline  
Old 11-15-14, 11:43 AM
  #116  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,796
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

I've never played a DA game before. Had no idea that the games are so much like Mass Effect. I've really liked what I've played so far with EA Access. It's impressive. Will try to make some more progress by Monday. I'll try to rent tihis from GameFly. I'd consider buying the full game except that I'm already picking up enough games in a four week interval to keep me busy until this hits The Vault.
Decker is offline  
Old 11-15-14, 02:05 PM
  #117  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 28,902
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I've never played a DA game before. Had no idea that the games are so much like Mass Effect. I've really liked what I've played so far with EA Access. It's impressive. Will try to make some more progress by Monday. I'll try to rent tihis from GameFly. I'd consider buying the full game except that I'm already picking up enough games in a four week interval to keep me busy until this hits The Vault.
Yeah, it's Bioware, they know how to tell a story. DA2 was subpar compared to the first game. I remember people complaining about how the graphics looked in part one, but the story and choices were great.

I downloaded the game last night with Access. I'll try it today.
nickdawgy is offline  
Old 11-16-14, 09:21 AM
  #118  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,018
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
It must depend on if you played it on the PC or not, because Dragon Age Keep is clearly importing in my save game information from both games right now. Unfortunately I never beat DA:O and never played DA2 past the intro.

edit: But then once I get to the main menu it says it DOESN'T import in save games, so I don't know what the hell it was importing to start with then, but it was doing something with my account.
It imports your characters, not your game choices. (The characters were previously uploaded to Bioware Social while you played the games.*)

They can't import save games for console gamers since they'd have to release updates for consoles. For PC gamers, it's likely just a matter of focusing on the highest priorities, like creating something that everyone can use, even if they've lost their saves due to selling a console, hard drive crash, RROD, theft, or whatever.

Actually choosing your characters and setting up a world state only takes about an hour.

* Although it's buggy. My DAO characters are all there, but my DA2 characters stop at level 15, despite finishing the game twice. I've also noticed that the detection of DLC in Career is still bugged, as it says I don't have any expansions (when I have all of them).
Breakfast with Girls is offline  
Old 11-16-14, 03:29 PM
  #119  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

I'm about to give up with this shitty ass Dragon Age Keep site, I've tried three times now, twice on iPad and once on the PC and every time it hangs at different places when editing the story while watching the movie.

edit: Fucking bullshit, happened again, this time with Internet Explorer instead of Chrome. Why is everything Bioware is even remotely involved with buggy as shit?
flashburn is offline  
Old 11-16-14, 05:19 PM
  #120  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manch Vegas, NH
Posts: 8,171
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
Why is everything Bioware is even remotely involved with buggy as shit?
Not a clue what you are talking about.
Music is offline  
Old 11-16-14, 06:01 PM
  #121  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Originally Posted by Music View Post
Not a clue what you are talking about.
I guess you've never played any Bioware games before?
flashburn is offline  
Old 11-16-14, 06:07 PM
  #122  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,173
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Time to blame EA.
fumanstan is offline  
Old 11-16-14, 08:30 PM
  #123  
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: WPB FL
Posts: 3,531
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

I hate how when your trial ends they just kick you out to the dashboard without letting you save.
Mok is offline  
Old 11-16-14, 09:37 PM
  #124  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,796
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

W ll the game saves automatically every few minutes anyway.
Decker is offline  
Old 11-16-14, 10:25 PM
  #125  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,486
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

I was so tempted to sign up for EA Access just for the trial of this, but I managed to have the willpower to hold out. This game is going to take over my life for a couple of weeks, and I can't wait.
MoviePage is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.