Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Arkham Knight - 6/23/15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Old 06-28-15, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Batman: Arkham Knight - 6/23/15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I was right about AK. And I dug it.
It was very obvious who Arkham Knight really was right from the beginning if you know the comic lore. I didn't mind who it was, but what aggravated me was how Rocksteady blatantly lied about it.

Arkham Knight identity spoilers:

Spoiler:
When Rocksteady first showed off the new game to the public, many fans guessed Arkham Knight was going to be Jason Todd right away. Then in an attempt to throw people off, Rocksteady said that Arkham Knight is an entirely new character that they created just for this game. Well, it turns out that Rocksteady lied through their ass. Jason Todd isn't a new character at all, and Arkham Knight is just a reskin of Red Hood. I don't mind that Rocksteady wanted to throw people off and keep them guessing, but to blatantly lie about it is just wrong.

Last edited by kgrogers1979; 06-28-15 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-28-15, 09:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I find if you do mostly the main mission, it's a lot of Batmobile stuff in a row. But if you intersperse it with side missions, it's a nice balance.
Old 06-28-15, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
It was very obvious who Arkham Knight really was right from the beginning if you know the comic lore. I didn't mind who it was, but what aggravated me was how Rocksteady blatantly lied about it.

Spoiler:
When Rocksteady first showed off the new game to the public, many fans guessed Arkham Knight was going to be Jason Todd right away. Then in an attempt to throw people off, Rocksteady said that Arkham Knight is an entirely new character that they created just for this game. Well, it turns out that Rocksteady lied through their ass. Jason Todd isn't a new character at all, and Arkham Knight is just a reskin of Red Hood. I don't mind that Rocksteady wanted to through people off and keep them guessing, but to blatantly lie about it is just wrong.
Spoiler:
Shit. I shouldn't have clicked that spoiler but the identity of Arkham Knight seemed obvious to me for a while. I was thrown off by Rocksteady saying it was a new character, but I couldn't figure out who else would know as much about Batman and would be out for revenge.
Old 06-28-15, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

I really enjoy this game when I'm not in a vehicle, and I know where to go and what to do. Otherwise, it's kinda lame. Unfortunately, those parts I enjoy seem to amount to about a third of the game. So 1/3 of the game is great 2/3 of it is lame.
Old 06-28-15, 11:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike86
Spoiler:
Shit. I shouldn't have clicked that spoiler but the identity of Arkham Knight seemed obvious to me for a while. I was thrown off by Rocksteady saying it was a new character, but I couldn't figure out who else would know as much about Batman and would be out for revenge.
Sorry, I thought my post was clear that the spoiler was regarding Arkham Knight's identity, but maybe not. I will edit it to make it more clear.
Old 06-28-15, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry, I thought my post was clear that the spoiler was regarding Arkham Knight's identity, but maybe not. I will edit it to make it more clear.
No it's my fault. I wasn't paying attention and just clicked the tag by accident. Like I said though that's who I figured it was.
Old 06-29-15, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

62% complete so far, I'm really enjoying it. I've finished a lot of the side missions, which i'm going to try and complete except for the Riddler stuff which I never cared enough to spend a lot of time on. I do think there's too many Batmobile sequences which aren't particularly fun, but like Supermallet mentioned it's easy to break it up and do other things. I think story wise this is my favorite by far at this point.
Old 06-29-15, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was thinking while playing at some point last night that I thought there was too much time in the Batmobile, but then I found myself chasing those damn APC's for 40 minutes without complaint, so what do I know.

Really enjoying the game thus far, though.
Old 06-29-15, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Arkham Knight identity spoilers:

Spoiler:
When Rocksteady first showed off the new game to the public, many fans guessed Arkham Knight was going to be Jason Todd right away. Then in an attempt to throw people off, Rocksteady said that Arkham Knight is an entirely new character that they created just for this game. Well, it turns out that Rocksteady lied through their ass. Jason Todd isn't a new character at all, and Arkham Knight is just a reskin of Red Hood. I don't mind that Rocksteady wanted to throw people off and keep them guessing, but to blatantly lie about it is just wrong.

Spoiler:
This is why I was convinced it wasn't Jason Todd. If Rocksteady never said this was a new character, I would have just assumed the Arkham Knight was Todd, and kept it moving. So while I'm playing the game, and having everything point in the direction of Todd, I kept telling myself that it was someone else. I felt pretty silly. I honestly don't think the game needed that element of AK's identity being a mystery. Especially since it wasn't one. If in the press leading up to the game they said Arkham Knight was their take on the Red Hood storyline, I don't think I would have been any less excited for the game. It is what it is, but I agree that they played dirty pool here.

As to playing the other characters, I agree that I wish that was flushed out a bit more. I wasn't too impressed playing as Nightwing or Robin, but I loved playing as Catwoman and
Spoiler:
Azreal
. Hell, for my money Catwoman is the most fun to control (in large scale battles anyway) in this series. I loved playing as her in City.
Old 06-29-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mike86
Spoiler:
Yeah. I really like the way that The Joker was incorporated into this game. He has some pretty twisted things to say.
Spoiler:
I adore the way Joker was always the devil on your shoulder. I saw one reviewer say he was annoying, which I couldn't disagree more with.
Old 06-29-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

FUCK the Batmobile and trying to shoot tanks before they shoot me. This game is getting no more of my time.
Old 06-29-15, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
FUCK the Batmobile and trying to shoot tanks before they shoot me. This game is getting no more of my time.
I had trouble figuring out how to avoid them at first during the training session but eventually got the hang of it.
Old 06-29-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Most of the tank battles have been pretty easy for me. Just sit in battle mode and use the side swipe to easily move out of the way of the lines, and fire the vulcan gun to shoot the locked on missiles. And aim for the turrets at the top of each of the opposing vehicles to one shot them.
Old 06-29-15, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The riddles in this game seem tricky to me. I've only figured out one of them so far but I haven't really been seeking them out too much. Mostly just when one appears on screen when I enter a room.
Old 06-29-15, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Not to mention the platforming using the Batmobile/tank. Who's fucking idea was that?

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Most of the tank battles have been pretty easy for me.
My issue with them isn't that they're difficult, it's that they're tedious and dull. I can't believe people gave this shit a pass.
Old 06-29-15, 10:35 AM
Banned

Yeah, the drone fights with the Batmobile are cool at first, but there are just way too many of them and they get tedious and dull by the end of the game.

That reminds me of how they overdid the Riddler trophies in Arkham City and it got tedious and dull collecting them all...

Spoilers regarding a sidequest near the end of the game:

Spoiler:
Arkham City had a cool sidequest involving Hush that ended on a cliffhanger. I felt like it was setting up an even bigger and cooler sidequest for the next game. Well, I was partially right. The Hush sidequest in Arkham Knight is really disappointing. It takes like 2 minutes to complete start to finish. What started with a bang in Arkham City ended with a whimper in Arkham Knight.
Old 06-29-15, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by slop101
My issue with them isn't that they're difficult, it's that they're tedious and dull. I can't believe people gave this shit a pass.
Right, which I agreed with earlier. I'm just surprised Rob V is having issues with the difficulty.
Old 06-29-15, 12:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

i can't even get past the first tanks attack. is there a trick to battling these guys?

is the dodge thruster, the only useful move for these fights?
Old 06-29-15, 12:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i can't even get past the first tanks attack. is there a trick to battling these guys?

is the dodge thruster, the only useful move for these fights?
Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge. If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a tank!
Old 06-29-15, 12:37 PM

Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge. If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a tank!
ok thanks. i wouldn't say i dodged traffic in the very first chase mission, more like i ran everything over in my path and some how caught up to the vehicle. if that is the first of many, i may have to shelve this...
Old 06-29-15, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't recall the first attack, but all I do for the battles is stay in battle mode holding the left trigger (i never bothered changing the controls, but got used to it), use the little side swipe moves with the A button to dodge when the lines are pointed at you before they turn red, and fire while aiming at the turrets of the tanks attacking you.

Driving takes some getting used to, but there's plenty of city to drive around and practice on. I felt it was pretty easy compared to driving in other open world games honestly.
Old 06-29-15, 12:44 PM
Banned

ok thanks. i wouldn't say i dodged traffic in the very first chase mission, more like i ran everything over in my path and some how caught up to the vehicle. if that is the first of many, i may have to shelve this...
I don't think you got the reference. I was quoting the movie Dodgeball.

Are you talking about the drone tank battles or the sidequest where you chase the APCs? Your first post sounded like the former, but now this post sounds like the latter.

I don't recall the first attack, but all I do for the battles is stay in battle mode holding the left trigger (i never bothered changing the controls, but got used to it), use the little side swipe moves with the A button to dodge when the lines are pointed at you before they turn red, and fire while aiming at the turrets of the tanks attacking you.

Driving takes some getting used to, but there's plenty of city to drive around and practice on. I felt it was pretty easy compared to driving in other open world games honestly.
Yeah, I typically hate driving in games too, but I felt it was significantly easier in this game than in most games. The battle mode does help because it gives you more precise control.
Old 06-29-15, 12:46 PM

I don't think you got the reference. I was quoting the movie Dodgeball.

Are you talking about the drone tank battles or the sidequest where you chase the APCs? Your first post sounded like the former, but now this post sounds like the latter.
drone tank battle. literally the mission after you first get the Batmobile i believe. i think they are called drones...
Old 06-29-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Right, which I agreed with earlier. I'm just surprised Rob V is having issues with the difficulty.
I'm bad at gaming lol.
Old 06-29-15, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

drone tank battle. literally the mission after you first get the Batmobile i believe. i think they are called drones...
Yep, same for me. Can't even get past the stupid training sim!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.