Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

WWE '13 November 1, 2012.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-12, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: WWE '13 November 1, 2012.

New confirmed DLC for WWE '13:

Current Era: AJ Lee and Damien Sandow (already announced), Antonio Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Layla, Natalya, Ryback, Tensai, The Usos (Jimmy & Jey), Yoshi Tatsu.

Attitude Era: Mike Tyson (pre-order bonus), Brian Pillman, Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk), Diamond Dallas Page, Gangrel, Goldust, Rikishi, Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay), Val Venis.

In addition, more content will be included as DLC such as Ministry Undertaker Attire, Brock Lesnar's Kimura Lock and John Cena's 2004 United States Spinner Title.

Wow. Other than DDP not fitting in there, that's one hell of a DLC list.
Old 10-03-12, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure hope this game gets solid reviews this year, because it sure sounds great so far. I barely even played WWE '12.
Old 10-03-12, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
New confirmed DLC for WWE '13:

Current Era: AJ Lee and Damien Sandow (already announced), Antonio Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Layla, Natalya, Ryback, Tensai, The Usos (Jimmy & Jey), Yoshi Tatsu.

Attitude Era: Mike Tyson (pre-order bonus), Brian Pillman, Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk), Diamond Dallas Page, Gangrel, Goldust, Rikishi, Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay), Val Venis.

In addition, more content will be included as DLC such as Ministry Undertaker Attire, Brock Lesnar's Kimura Lock and John Cena's 2004 United States Spinner Title.

Wow. Other than DDP not fitting in there, that's one hell of a DLC list.
I hope they use Motivational Speaker DDP.
Old 10-03-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I hope they use Motivational Speaker DDP.
It's 2002 DDP for sure. Also, DDP and Goldust will be Fan Axxess exclusives.

WWE '13 DLC info and pics
Old 10-08-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

More confirmed info:

50 CAW Slots (no change from the last few games)

There will be 30 Championship Belts in game, along with the 10 available as DLC. So that's 40 total.

The 10 DLC championship belts:

WWE United States Championship (Spinner)
WCW Cruiserweight Championship
WCW World Tag Team Championship
WCW Hardcore Championship
WCW n.W.o. World Heavyweight Championship (Big Gold Belt with nWo spray paint)
WCW United States Championship
ECW Classic World Heavyweight Championship
ECW World Television Championship
ECW World Tag Team Championship
AWA Classic World Heavyweight Championship

They are including so many belts, that it's getting pretty hard to figure out just which belts the last few could possibly be. It's to the point where Zack Ryder's Internet Championship could be in the game.

In addition to the 40 belts, we will also have the Championship Editor, which will act like Superstar Threads for the belts. It's not quite the same as Create-A-Belt, but it's close. We will be able to rename titles to create custom Championships. We'll also be able to change the color of the strap, and possibly of the belt itself.

I Quit and Special Guest Referee matches have returned. Both play significant roles in Attitude mode, as you play the infamous I Quit Match between The Rock and Mankind at Royal Rumble 99. Mankind has an alt. attire with his spray painted ref shirt.

There will be more info released today, as IGN is going to release an article covering the creation tools and Universe mode.
Old 10-08-12, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More confirmed info:

50 CAW Slots (no change from the last few games)

There will be 30 Championship Belts in game, along with the 10 available as DLC. So that's 40 total.

They are including so many belts, that it's getting pretty hard to figure out just which belts the last few could possibly be. It's to the point where Zack Ryder's Internet Championship could be in the game.

In addition to the 40 belts, we will also have the Championship Editor, which will act like Superstar Threads for the belts. It's not quite the same as Create-A-Belt, but it's close. We will be able to rename titles to create custom Championships. We'll also be able to change the color of the strap, and possibly of the belt itself.
Wow, I'm actually quite impressed this time around, the last one I played was '10 where i put easily 100+ hours into the game (me and wrestling games ALWAYS get my money's worth) With that many belts, as long as I can create PPV's or single exhibition matches where titles can be up for grabs, I can do all sorts of fantasy wrestling stuff . Great stuff, hopefully amazon will do a black friday special for it this year (at around $30 would be awesome).
Old 10-08-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/95ZewhSMZUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-15-12, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Play WWE '13 before October 30, 2012

Participate in the WWE '13 demo at these participating Best Buy stores.

Yes, October 30 and the official release of WWE '13 are only two weeks away, but how would you like to play your new favorite game RIGHT NOW?

Fortunately, WWE Games has formed an unstoppable tag team with our friends at Best Buy, setting up WWE '13 demo stations across the country. The roll-out has already begun, but as it will be ongoing throughout the week make sure that you check in with your local Best Buy before heading over.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/2...ctober-30-2012
Old 10-15-12, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
WWE Universe Video

F'ING SOLD. Thanks Sonny for posting that. This is exactly what I've wanted since Smackdown 2 for the PS freaking one. Awesome shit.
Old 10-16-12, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

How do these play as far as button control. Closer to the wrestling games like Smakedown or more like the old 64 games. I havent watched wrestling consistenly in probably 10 years, but i always enjoy the games as long as the buttons and moves are easy to figure out
Old 10-16-12, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by beavis69
How do these play as far as button control. Closer to the wrestling games like Smakedown or more like the old 64 games. I havent watched wrestling consistenly in probably 10 years, but i always enjoy the games as long as the buttons and moves are easy to figure out
It's the same engine as the SmackDown! games, So the controls are similar. It's not the exact same, but it won't take too long to learn.
Old 10-16-12, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
F'ING SOLD. Thanks Sonny for posting that. This is exactly what I've wanted since Smackdown 2 for the PS freaking one. Awesome shit.
Indeed. Me and friend in college had some epic storylines as a tag team in #2
Old 10-19-12, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm normally not one to complain about graphics, but they look really plain and not very impressive at all. Hopefully the gameplay makes up for it. But wow, decent roster though. I do say it needs more Doink the Clowns, Bam Bam Bigelows, Razor Ramons, "Big Daddy Cool" Diesels, Yokozunas and to a lesser extent, Bob Backlund, Waylon Mercy and a Bastion Booger or two.
Old 10-23-12, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New WWE '13 Xbox 360 Avatar Items.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/2...0-avatar-items
Old 10-24-12, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

From browsing over at Cheap Ass Gamer, I have found a couple of deals involving WWE '13.

Target will have Buy 2 Get 1 free on Video games next week. So if you want Assassins Creed 3 and WWE '13, they'd be your best bet.

Best Buy is offering the DX: One Last Stand DVD for free if you buy WWE '13 on XBOX. If you buy the PS3 version, you get DX: One Last Stand on Blu-ray.
Old 10-24-12, 06:37 PM

From browsing over at Cheap Ass Gamer, I have found a couple of deals involving WWE '13.

Target will have Buy 2 Get 1 free on Video games next week. So if you want Assassins Creed 3 and WWE '13, they'd be your best bet.

Best Buy is offering the DX: One Last Stand DVD for free if you buy WWE '13 on XBOX. If you buy the PS3 version, you get DX: One Last Stand on Blu-ray.
*laugh*, that always pisses me off. I understand the reason, I just don't agree with it at all. Because apparently nobody on Xbox would want a blu-ray copy of DX: One last Stand. *roll eyes*. Hrmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to convince a Best Buy employee to give me a blu-ray copy of DX with a 360 copy of the game.
Old 10-24-12, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

*laugh*, that always pisses me off. I understand the reason, I just don't agree with it at all. Because apparently nobody on Xbox would want a blu-ray copy of DX: One last Stand. *roll eyes*. Hrmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to convince a Best Buy employee to give me a blu-ray copy of DX with a 360 copy of the game.
kind of makes sense though. You can't play blu-ray on your 360, but can on the ps3.
Old 10-25-12, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
kind of makes sense though. You can't play blu-ray on your 360, but can on the ps3.
Yeah, but it completely punishes 360 users. DX-Last Stand has bonus content on blu-ray that's not on DVD. Not to mention the upgraded video and audio (questionable on the latter considering the mix of footage). I'm just saying users should get a choice. That would solve both situations.
Old 10-26-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

They'll probably be shrinkwrapped to the game.
Old 10-29-12, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good news for PS3 owners: Starting tomorrow Fan Axxess for WWE '13 will be available for half price for Playstation Plus subscribers.

So if you want all the DLC, including the Fan Axxess exclusives DDP and Goldust, you'll now be able to get it all for $10. I assume it'll only be for a week, but even if you don't buy the game right away, you can get in on this great deal and have it ready when you do have the game in your hands.
Old 10-30-12, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/95ZewhSMZUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Awesome!
Old 10-30-12, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The DLC for this game, and the discount for PS+ only, really pisses me off. I don't suppose any of you have any free trial codes up for grabs do ya?
Old 10-30-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Good news for PS3 owners: Starting tomorrow Fan Axxess for WWE '13 will be available for half price for Playstation Plus subscribers.

So if you want all the DLC, including the Fan Axxess exclusives DDP and Goldust, you'll now be able to get it all for $10. I assume it'll only be for a week, but even if you don't buy the game right away, you can get in on this great deal and have it ready when you do have the game in your hands.

Plus there's still that deal where you get a bonus if you spend 100 bucks in October on PSN, right?
Old 10-30-12, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fujishig
Plus there's still that deal where you get a bonus if you spend 100 bucks in October on PSN, right?
Yeah, if you Spend $100, you get $20 in your wallet.

I just got back from Best Buy, picking up WWE '13 with the Tyson code and the DX Blu-ray.

For those curious, they are not shrink wrapped together or anything, but my store had copies of the blu next to the game, and copies of the DVD next to the 360 version. I doubt you'd be able to get the blu version with the 360 game as the register probably wouldn't recognize the package deal.

Now I'm just waiting for the game to install and for the PS Store to update so I can buy Fan Axxess.
Old 10-30-12, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I'm calling it. This is the best wrestling game of the current generation. Reversals are a ton of fun, and rather brutal. Here's some excerpts from messages I was sending a friend while playing:

- as HBK I do a cross body to the outside to taker off the turnbuckle, he catches me, reversal into tombstone on the floor.

-Playing as Punk vs Austin. Austin puts me in a sleeper hold, reversed into my own stunner into a go to sleep, into an anaconda vice

- As Cactus Jack i just speared HHH through the guard rail. the crowd chants ECW

Another little thing I liked was, during a tag match i whipped Taker to the ropes, HHH (computer controlled) pulled the ropes down to toss him out.

I think this will be last Wrestling game I will need. The options are huge, attitude Era is a separate section of the game, and just tons of characters to chose. I got the Axcess pack and it already had about 7 DLC wrestlers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.