DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/600956-walking-dead-telltale-games.html)

glassdragon 04-25-12 10:59 PM

Re: The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 11205904)
Is that new with this title? Beause I have all of the Telltale games for PS3 except Jurassic Park, and all of them show as 5 different games in my XMB, and must be launched seperately.

EDIT: Does this mean the trophies are combined too, and if so, does that mean we can get a platinum for this title? It kinda pissed me off that they put out a disc based version of BTTF with a platinum trophy after I already bought the PSN version.

Yes, the trophies are combined and going through the list all you have to do to plat it is finish all 5 episodes.. every single trophy is like "Complete episode 3-1" or something. Not special ones at all.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/the-...dead/trophies/

Obi-Wanma 04-25-12 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon (Post 11206163)
Yes, the trophies are combined and going through the list all you have to do to plat it is finish all 5 episodes.. every single trophy is like "Complete episode 3-1" or something. Not special ones at all.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/the-...dead/trophies/

It's cool that there's a plat, but those trophies are lame.

pinata242 04-26-12 01:21 PM

Looks like the official TTG version is up for download.

chuckd21 04-26-12 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 11206910)
Looks like the official TTG version is up for download.

Huh?

pinata242 04-26-12 02:56 PM

Haven't bothered to read the last two days' worth of posts, eh?

UncleGramps 04-29-12 02:03 PM

I just finished up the 360 version of Episode 1. What a great, mature game. I actually found myself caring a lot about the kid, and some of the scenes involving her and the fate of her parents were really moving.

chuckd21 05-01-12 12:15 PM

Agreed. This is something special.

pinata242 05-01-12 12:20 PM

I upgraded my Mac to a preview of Mountain Lion to get AirPlay mirroring so I can play this out in the living room on the tv and, of course, it won't launch under ML :lol: BTTF does, so I guess I'm waiting on an update :(

Wolf359 05-01-12 12:27 PM

I liked how it compares your choices with the percentage of other people's choices. Be interesting to see how much the story may change based on what you chose.

chuckd21 05-03-12 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Wolf359 (Post 11213963)
I liked how it compares your choices with the percentage of other people's choices. Be interesting to see how much the story may change based on what you chose.

That was a surprise. And what was even more surprising is that I was in the minority about the part where
Spoiler:
You can give the gun to the woman at the hotel so she can kill herself before she turns. Why wouldn't you give her the gun??

kgrogers1979 05-03-12 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by chuckd21 (Post 11217158)
That was a surprise. And what was even more surprising is that I was in the minority about the part where
Spoiler:
You can give the gun to the woman at the hotel so she can kill herself before she turns. Why wouldn't you give her the gun??

Spoiler:
Because loud noise attracts zombies. Although why they didn't just let her muffle it with the pillow like they did before doesn't make sense.

wlj 05-03-12 11:45 AM

Why the hell did Tell Tale port this to xbox, but not Back to the Future. :grumble:

I am still sore about that. BTTF is my favorite movie of all time.

UncleGramps 05-03-12 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 (Post 11217164)
Spoiler:
Because loud noise attracts zombies. Although why they didn't just let her muffle it with the pillow like they did before doesn't make sense.

Spoiler:
That's true, but I gave her the gun because I figured we had cleared out all of the zombies that were nearby. And I kinda figured she'd go back in the room and close the door to do it. :lol:

RichC2 05-03-12 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by wlj (Post 11217221)
Why the hell did Tell Tale port this to xbox, but not Back to the Future. :grumble:

I am still sore about that. BTTF is my favorite movie of all time.

Because BTTF is old and the games weren't great, Walking Dead is huge and the game so far is quite good.

wlj 05-03-12 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 11217341)
Because BTTF is old and the games weren't great, Walking Dead is huge and the game so far is quite good.

BTTF was on the PS3. I just don't get why they didn't port it over to the 360. Maybe it is complicated :sad:

RichC2 05-03-12 01:13 PM

Good point. I'm just glad there's a slight return to Adventure gaming, though imo the Telltale games being episodic has killed the scope from the good ol days. But episodic adventure is vastly superior to no adventure at all.

Obi-Wanma 05-03-12 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by wlj (Post 11217356)
BTTF was on the PS3. I just don't get why they didn't port it over to the 360. Maybe it is complicated :sad:

Telltale didn't port it because xbox doesn't support the subscription model. I guess they changed their minds about needing to have a subscription in order to get this game onto Xbox.

But even if they wanted to port BTTF now, I don't think XBLA would accept it, as they don't accept titles that were previously on PSN, unless the title is updated with an Xbox exclusive feature.

chuckd21 05-03-12 01:46 PM

And the BTTF game was not that great. I too wanted it on the 360 but after playing the janky as hell iPad version, eh, I no longer felt the need.

Matt 05-03-12 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 11217427)
Telltale didn't port it because xbox doesn't support the subscription model. I guess they changed their minds about needing to have a subscription in order to get this game onto Xbox.

Nothing's changed. They're just doing the remaining episodes as optional DLC instead.

Breakfast with Girls 05-07-12 09:46 PM

Good first episode. :up:

bluetoast 05-10-12 11:24 AM

The straightforward trophies suck, but the game is solid, I bought the season pass up front. Going to try alternate paths today.

fumanstan 05-10-12 01:49 PM

I didn't realize this isn't Steam Cloud integrated. A few hours in on my work computer already so I don't want to restart at home yet :( Poop.

nodeerforamonth 05-11-12 09:01 AM

How much space do I need on my ps3 to download this?

Edison 05-11-12 09:23 AM

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...alkingdead.jpg

fumanstan 05-11-12 07:40 PM

Ok, finished the first episode today and it was pretty good. I'm impressed because the game itself really doesn't have much interaction at all; its pretty much all story, with a handful of decisions along the way. It did a great job with the story though; very impressed at how involved I was despite the slow pace.

I need to go back and give some dumb ass replies to some people in the game to see what happens now.