Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-13, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Originally Posted by maingon
Anyone experience this? I just finished Episode 1 and when you have to decide between Doug and Carley, Well I Chose to save Carley, but when I start episode 2... Shes dead and I had saved Doug?!
Happened to me. Tried three times to save Carley but it would never let me select her, so I was stuck with annoying Doug.
Old 01-10-13, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to save Carley in my first run.
Old 01-10-13, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Yeah, that's not how you post a comment with a spoiler in it. Who would read that, unless they've finished the entire game? At least say which episode it's from.
Maybe you shouldn't be reading any spoilers if you haven't finished the game?

I forgot nobody can play a game straight through anymore without having to know what happens every step of the way. I'll edit my post for those who don't want to be surprised/excited/etc.
Old 01-10-13, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I was talking about the website to look at all the stats. The stats, in the game, only pop up at the end of each episode. But the website scrolls across at the top at the menu.
My statement still stands.

Anyway, another cool tidbit:

http://kotaku.com/5975065/if-you-did...ake-it-for-you

According to an interview with Giant Bomb, Telltale says that if you take too long to decide, Clemetine will decide for you using what you've taught her along the way.

This is a timed choice, and if you let the timer run out and Lee says nothing, Clementine does decide for herself. If you aren't there for Clementine when she asks you what you should do, she does actually look back at everything that's happened and she'll decide if she wants to do it or not. You can force it on Clementine, but you're a big ass if you do that. I don't think I've seen a play through where someone does it. The idea makes me personally feel really horrible, but it's there, if you really wanna poke at Clementine. I don't know how many people actually did it, and even our QA guys were pretty surprised that it happened.
Old 01-11-13, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Wow. That's brutal, but really cool at the same time. I might do that during another play-through.
Old 01-12-13, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I never realized it was a timed decision. I just
Spoiler:
let Clem leave me there.
Old 01-16-13, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just finished the game.

Spoiler:
Once Lee told Clem that he will miss her, I just lost it. A video game has never made me cry before. I never thought that it could...
Old 01-18-13, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished it too. Started episode 1 about 2 weeks ago and played a new one every few days. Loved it, definitely my 2012 GOTY since everything else last year was a disappointment in one way or another. I play games mainly for the stories, and this one is certainly on top in that regard.

I think every episode took me right around 3 hours except for the last one, which only lasted half that time.

I made a backup save after every episode since I had read about all the issues people had experienced. Didn't have a single problem though.
Old 01-21-13, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

Started this on iPad last night. I blew through Episode 1 and quickly bought the back of 2-5. Amazing game so far. You really have to think quick with your decisions.
Old 01-21-13, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Maybe you shouldn't be reading any spoilers if you haven't finished the game?

I forgot nobody can play a game straight through anymore without having to know what happens every step of the way. I'll edit my post for those who don't want to be surprised/excited/etc.
I had already finished the game. My point wasn't that people want to spoil the story for themselves, it's that maybe people want to be involved in the conversation along the way since it's an episodic game, released over several months.

They won't know whether or not it's safe to read your spoiler for episode 3 when they're halfway through episode 4, because who knows what your spoiler is about without a simple "In Episode 3..."
Old 01-21-13, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
I had already finished the game. My point wasn't that people want to spoil the story for themselves, it's that maybe people want to be involved in the conversation along the way since it's an episodic game, released over several months.

They won't know whether or not it's safe to read your spoiler for episode 3 when they're halfway through episode 4, because who knows what your spoiler is about without a simple "In Episode 3..."
That might have been valid if all of the episodes hadn't been released yet. If it was only up till episode 4, I would agree. The entire game has been released since late November though.

Like I said, maybe they shouldn't be reading spoilers at all. The entire concept of reading video game spoilers before finishing the game is absolutely asinine imo.
Old 01-21-13, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Old 01-23-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Stats trailer for Episode 5. Spoilers, obviously.

Spoiler:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZMQiSgGMAVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 02-21-13, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

<iframe width="400" height="100" style="position: relative; display: block; width: 400px; height: 100px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/track=3251564313/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0">The Best I Can by Miracle Of Sound</iframe>
Old 02-28-13, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Just finished episode 5. Damn
Old 03-05-13, 08:55 PM
gamer for life

Picked this up finally...finished.

Fantastic game. I was at first a little disappointed in the simple mechanics. Being a hardcore point/click adventure nerd, I am use to much more complicated puzzles. The story was good though, and the voice acting was nothing short of epic. At times I smirked at the obvious push to force you to make choices that ended up with basically the same results. One part in chapter 5 really bothered me for some reason...

Spoiler:
At the end of episode 4 I chose to hide my bite from the group. Everyone in my group refused to help me find the girl. So when I get back to them in chapter 5, they notice the bite, and one of the immediately says
"did that happen before you left?" that just struck me as a really weird question to ask. They game was trying to make you answer for your choices, but the truth is if I left for a time and came back with a bite, they would have assumed I got the bite while gone. If you and I were talking and I left for a few hours to go mountain climbing...and I came back with a broken arm you first question would be "what happened?" not "Did you break that arm before you left and try to hide it?"

Game was fantastic though..got my adventure bug going again....I can't wait for the next Longest Journey game...
Old 03-05-13, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I can't wait for the next Longest Journey game...
Another one is finally going to be made?
Old 03-06-13, 08:32 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Another one is finally going to be made?
yes...the kickstarter page is here..

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ney?ref=search
Old 06-11-13, 09:54 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/shR53nX9v8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-11-13, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mwb
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/shr53nx9v8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
oh hell yes
Old 06-11-13, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I didn't realize when it was announced that this was being called DLC for Season One. Kind of weird. If it doesn't involve the previous characters, and going through 5 stories in the single episode, I wonder how well they'll be able to put together the emotional investment that was so great in the actual season.
Old 06-11-13, 10:14 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Seems rushed. 5 stories in one episode amounts to ~24 minutes each.
Old 06-11-13, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hmmm I'm not sure the 5 stories thing is a good idea. The strength of season one was one man's story. Will we get enough story to care about any one of these new people?
Old 06-11-13, 09:30 PM

Old 06-12-13, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This is also coming in a bundle (Season 1 + 400 Days) for the PS Vita, although I think it was a month after 400 Days releases for the previous versions (360, PS3, PC).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.