Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA12 DVDTalk Dynasty Season 3 (PS3)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: NCAA12 DVDTalk Dynasty Season 3 (PS3)

Nic44's alumni

Old 03-29-12, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RAGE I SAY! Okay I'm done raging.
Old 03-29-12, 10:52 AM

Old 03-29-12, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Dude - you've got to learn to give a 20 minute bottle and have the baby doze off on a pillow on your lap.
Some secret ingredients for that bottle:

Spoiler:

Slow your roll just like Jemarcus russell

Spoiler:

The night time pass out on the couch medicine

Spoiler:

Only the best for baby

Spoiler:

might as well get her tolerance built up now
Old 03-29-12, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty much what I had done after having a cadaver bone graft 6 months ago

$2500 later after having my middle child head butt me.
Old 03-29-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
dude, it is going to be a slaughter. My team is awful...

I can play most nights this week, probably earlier in the evening (6:30-8:30) or later (11:00pm or after) is better, but I can make whatever work. This weekend is pretty open too, Beefy is turning 30 and a group of us are going haunted mini-golfing (You'd love it, I'm pretty sure this is going to be like mini-golf in the dark with strobe and black lights) and then to eat somewhere, but i should be home by like 7:30 or so. All I do currently is feed, hold and wipe a baby's ass, so as long as the wife is around, she can cover me.
Give me a time and I'll do my best to be there. If i can't make it because of the kid, Ill send you a message on Facebook (my ps3 is in the basement, so if I can't get there to play, i also can't send a message on there).
Can't do tonight. Tomorrow and Saturday are pretty much open. Sunday is a no go, seeing Springsteen, need to focus. I took off work Monday, open all day. Let me know what fits in your schedule.
Old 03-29-12, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness
Flip I am actually home today and tomorrow during the day - 'recovering' from oral surgery. Let me know when we can do this game of ours.
Tomorrow? 2pm est?
Old 03-29-12, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we still have a min left and I was down one touchdown, so you could have easily have tied it. And I feel I deserved to win, but I do like your tactic of changing to a pass play out of a run play. Realize that the game does what you and Cruz call "chessy" to EVERYONE and me and you do not capitalize on it nearly as much as others who I will not name.............
Old 03-29-12, 01:35 PM

Old 03-29-12, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Tomorrow? 2pm est?
2pm sharp - I gotta pick up the little ones around 3:30
Old 03-29-12, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

2pm sharp - I gotta pick up the little ones around 3:30
2pm sharp works.
Old 03-30-12, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Running late from across town. Won't be able to make it home. Sorry flip.
Old 03-30-12, 02:29 PM

I'm going to Georgia to buy lottery tickets!!!!
Old 03-31-12, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tip: When your opponent is up 28-14 with under 2 min to go on your 1 inch line and he takes a knee, don't call a time out. Final score, 55-14.
Old 03-31-12, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by sauce07
Tip: When your opponent is up 28-14 with under 2 min to go on your 1 inch line and he takes a knee, don't call a time out. Final score, 55-14.
Fuck you.

I'd rather lose by 41 than let you take a fucking knee on me.
Old 03-31-12, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

same old sauce......running up the score.
Old 03-31-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by flhype
we still have a min left and I was down one touchdown, so you could have easily have tied it. And I feel I deserved to win, but I do like your tactic of changing to a pass play out of a run play. Realize that the game does what you and Cruz call "chessy" to EVERYONE and me and you do not capitalize on it nearly as much as others who I will not name.............
I had one timeout and all you had to do was kneel twice. At that point I was toast! There was nothing I could do to keep you from running out the clock.

I think you probably deserved to win too.... but at the same time I feel like some really stupid things prevented me from actually having a chance at the end. It was just three or four things right in a row and all in the second half. It didn't help my sanity that I've been on the point of snapping for the last few days with pending baby stress. This was the primary reason I didn't want to wear a headset during our game. I was fucking combustible, man.

And whether others do it or not... still cheezing. And I'll call anyone else out too. The problem is that I couldn't do anything to combat the play. I sent corners and safeties on various blitzes and nobody could ever reach you when you sprinted and chucked. And on two of those occasions I knew it was coming. I don't take advantage of it because I can't. My quarterback can't throw that fucking far. And even when I could with Denard I didn't try it. If it's inhuman (or used by Sauce) and it works consistently it's probably cheeze.
Old 03-31-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cnicholls44
same old sauce......running up the score.
Not running up the score is a two way street, I made the effort, he shot it down.
Old 03-31-12, 11:41 AM

Sauce does like to stick it to you from time to time.............
Old 03-31-12, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Which is why I enjoyed sticking it to him in our game
Old 03-31-12, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Which is why I enjoyed sticking it to him in our game
I'll see you in the National Championship...where you will kick my ass again because your team is stacked
Old 03-31-12, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by sauce07
Not running up the score is a two way street, I made the effort, he shot it down.
there was no way I was letting Sauce get away with kneeling down on me and then feeling good about himself for doing the right thing...I'm like Matt Damon in Goodwill Hunting. You put a belt, a stick, and a wrench in front of me and I'm picking the wrench...why? Fuck Sauce, that's why.

As far as the cheesing goes, I have taken shit from Nic for running outside over and over and over, but i switch up formations and running backs, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Nic's brother used to piss me off with his repeated posts, over and over, but I thought, fuck it I should be able to stop it (and more often than not, he fucked himself because of it). Like Cruz's TE a couple of years ago. It drove me crazy that he caught so many passes, but fuck it, he was a beast and when you have a player like that, you throw to him because he creates a mismatch. That is a legit play…but the running 20yds backwards with the QB and then throwing over and over isn't really a legit play. I don't really have an understanding of what was going on, but it doesn't sound like something you'd see in a real life game, so we shouldn't do it here. If i'm wrong, or I'm misunderstanding, sorry...

When I played Mcsmith the other day, he went on a few 4th downs that were kinda cheesy. One in the first quarter in his own end when it was scoreless and he got it and scored on that drive. I know I lost by more than that score, but that was a big drive and score and it kinda changed the game, but i guess I shoulda stopped him. It was frustrating, but my team was awful and i couldn't run on him either, so not a big deal. I just wanted to let him know that going on 4th is kinda frowned upon if it wouldn't happen in a real life game...
Old 04-02-12, 06:56 AM
Cool New Member

I'm sorry ivelostr2 I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and I didn't know there were different rules when playing you. I was just playing a game and this is my first time in a league so I didn't know going on 4th down was frowned upon and you had to punt everytime on 4th down. So, to everyone that I have to play I need your "rules while playing you" before we start cause I don't want hurt anyones feelings and go for an onside kick in the 2nd quarter and be frowned upon since that never happens in "REAL LIFE", or throw a 95 yard TD pass for the same reason!

Now, for everyone playing me you can not score on a run or pass more than 20 yards you must stop at the one yard line to give me a chance to stop you Also, you can not score more than me in any quarter again to give me a chance in the forth quarter to win! I do like ivelostr2's rule of having to punt on every 4th down so I will adopt that one as well. And my favorite, you can not pass on any down with 10 or more yards to go!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-12, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by mcsmith71
I'm sorry ivelostr2 I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and I didn't know there were different rules when playing you. I was just playing a game and this is my first time in a league so I didn't know going on 4th down was frowned upon and you had to punt everytime on 4th down. So, to everyone that I have to play I need your "rules while playing you" before we start cause I don't want hurt anyones feelings and go for an onside kick in the 2nd quarter and be frowned upon since that never happens in "REAL LIFE", or throw a 95 yard TD pass for the same reason!

Now, for everyone playing me you can not score on a run or pass more than 20 yards you must stop at the one yard line to give me a chance to stop you Also, you can not score more than me in any quarter again to give me a chance in the forth quarter to win! I do like ivelostr2's rule of having to punt on every 4th down so I will adopt that one as well. And my favorite, you can not pass on any down with 10 or more yards to go!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay Mcsmith, I was trying to be polite to the new guy, but go fuck yourself cocksucker.

These aren’t my rules or rules while playing me dumbass, they are the our dynasty’s rules. If you don’t like them, maybe you should have taken the time to look at them before joining you fucking crybaby.

I don’t get mad when I lose. I lose all the time. Sauce gave me a beating and I enjoyed every second of it, because I have fun while playing.

I didn’t come here immediately afterward and bitch about you. I didn't even mention it until it was relevant in the context of another discussion, but I knew if you do that shit to someone else they might not take it as well as I did. We can all go out there and play any 12 year old kid who never punts. The reason we put this group together in the first place is we don’t to play those 12 year olds.

Congrats on joining our Dynasty 3 years in and picking the #3 team who has had the computer recruiting for you. You should feel really good about all of your wins...

GO DAWGS

P.S. these rules are in the first post of this thread under RULES/GUIDELINES

Rules/Guidelines : Avoid douchey playing. Most of the rules are common sense but I'm throwing these up just to make sure there is no question when it comes to the rules. I just wanna avoid the superfluous 2 point conversions and punt/FG Fakes. We all don't have to be Les Miles.
Spoiler:
Playbooks
Offensive: Teams PB
Defensive: Any

Sportsmanship
Respect your opponent & our Dynasty!

Gameplay
SIM play. Scrambling will not be tolerated in an abusive fashion. Realistically get out of the pocket. If the defense goes into 'all coverage mode' and your QB has no one to through to, you can make a run. Keep it realistic & play SIM style ball. Also, no excessive running up of the score. Statistics and awards can be scewed (and we don't want that)!

Try not to restart games!

These may seem like a lot of Gameply Rules, but we are a SIM league, so you should already be playing this way. Just in case there is any controversy.

Rule 1. You can only use "Conservative Tempo" at the start of the 4th quarter whether you are winning or losing. You can also run the clock down to :01 at the start of the 4th quarter. Those are the only times that you can run the clock down.
Rule 2. You can no huddle whenever you want EXCEPT after an incomplete pass.
Rule 3. You can only choose a special teams defense when the other team chooses a special teams offense (FG attempt or Punt). You cannot come out on goal line in FG block.
Rule 4. All shifts are allowed when dealing with the defense. You can crash the line, bump in run, shift the LB's left or right,
Rule 5. You can also hot route your defense whenever you want as well.
Rule 6. The defensive line is to ONLY be moved within the AUTOMATIC SHIFTS provided in the game NO MANUAL MOVEMENT of D-line. You are not allowed to move any DL-man, either laterally or vertically, manually before the snap. After the snap feel free to move him back into coverage.
Rule 8. When running the HB screen pass, you MUST throw the ball to your HB, run with your QB if its covered or throw the ball away. You CANNOT throw to the wide reciever.

4th DownsRule 1. A team may go for it on 4th down and inches at any time in the game, whether they are leading, tied, or trailing.
Rule 2. A team may go for it on 4th down and 1 yard if they are past the 50 and inside their opponents territory, at any time in the game, whether they are leading, tied, or trailing.
Rule 3. A team may go for it on 4th and any number of yards once they have got into "no mans land" between their opponents 30-40 yard line.
Rule 4. A team may go for it on 4th down and any number of yards from anywhere on the field if they are trailing in the 4th quarter by any amount.
Rule 5. A team may go for it on 4th down if it's the end of the 2nd quarter and if it's under 2 minutes in the 2nd quarter
Rule 6. A team may go for it on 4th down regardless of yards to go or location if it's under 2 minutes in the 4th quarter
(Any other time must be a field goal or a punt)

Fake FG/Punt
Rule 1. Only 1 Fake FG/Punt allowed in a game.

2-point Conversions
Rule 1. The player must disclose he is going to go for two points immediately in order to allow the opponent the opportunity to defend it unless it is a fake. If it is a fake the above rule allowing for only 1 fake per game is in effect.
Rule 2. A team may go for a 2-point conversion if it will tie the game.
Rule 3. A team may go for a 2-point conversion if it is the 4th quarter and the 2-point conversion will give them a 3 or 7-point lead.
Rule 4. A team may go for a 2 point conversion if it will make the point differential a multiple of 3 or 7 (ex. Down 21-12, a team can go for 2 to make it 21-14 or if up 18-10, and going for 2 would give a 10-point lead, etc)
(Any other time the XP must be kicked)

Position Changes
Before any questionable position changes, you will need to consult the members of the OD for understanding and accepting of the change. Anything built into the game is legal (ex. Dual HB Swap or Tackle Over Formation).

All rules are subject to change depending on how NCAA Football 11 performs.

Just remember don't do what would piss you off if it is used against you and most of all have fun. Do what Makes Sense

Last edited by ivelostr2; 04-02-12 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-02-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
Okay Mcsmith, I was trying to be polite to the new guy, but go fuck yourself cocksucker.

These aren’t my rules or rules while playing me dumbass, they are the our dynasty’s rules. If you don’t like them, maybe you should have taken the time to look at them before joining you fucking crybaby.

I don’t get mad when I lose. I lose all the time. Sauce gave me a beating and I enjoyed every second of it, because I have fun while playing.

I didn’t come here immediately afterward and bitch about you. I didn't even mention it until it was relevant in the context of another discussion, but I knew if you do that shit to someone else they might not take it as well as I did. We can all go out there and play any 12 year old kid who never punts. The reason we put this group together in the first place is we don’t to play those 12 year olds.

Congrats on joining our Dynasty 3 years in and picking the #3 team who has had the computer recruiting for you. You should feel really good about all of your wins...

GO DAWGS

P.S. these rules are in the first post of this thread under RULES/GUIDELINES

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.