Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-12, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Bring back the 'effin Waffle gun!
Seriously.

I need to play a good game of Zombies. I miss it.
Old 05-02-12, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Maybe its just me, but if anything i'd say it looks like the most unique entry in a few years.
I completely agree. I absolutely hate how COD has just turned into a rehash every year. It's good to see something different. I am actually looking forward to this one.

I do have to agree with earlier though. Although I have never been a huge COD fan, EA is just mad because Medal of Honor sucks.
Old 05-02-12, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Who is Kevin O'Leary and why are we supposed to care?
Old 05-02-12, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Some guy with EA, who makes one of the competing shooters Medal of Honor.
Old 05-03-12, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wlj
it looks like their trying to do something a little different...kudos for that
"they're"

It's short for "they are"
Old 05-03-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Still don't care.

Let me know when they show zombie mode.
Old 05-03-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I thought it was "competing" until I played it, and absolutely HATED it.
I'm looking forward to this one.
Old 05-03-12, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Still don't care.

Let me know when they show zombie mode.
http://gamerant.com/black-ops-2-zomb...-riley-146853/

Now that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is official, hype for the much-anticipated video game can start building up. As is evident in the debut trailer for Black Ops 2, there are some major changes in store for the franchise that has often been criticized for being too cut-and-paste. The changes will not be exclusive to the single-player campaign, however, as gamers can expect Treyarch‘s infamous Zombies mode to be back and better than ever this time around.

Details on just what kinds of changes are in store, or even just the playable characters that’ll be starring in Zombies, are still under tight wraps. Fortunately, CVG did manage to secure a few tidbits of new info during its preview of Black Ops 2, such as the mode now being run on the game’s multiplayer engine. This may not sound like an important improvement, but the engine will be able to do a lot more than just make the mode sound like it’s been improved.

“The multiplayer engine can throw around twice as many shambling corpses at once, and it can handle a co-op tally double that of Black Ops 1′s.”

Eight-player co-op against immeasurable hordes of zombies has always been a pipe dream for Call of Duty fans, but now – as Treyarch has alluded to – the new and improved Zombies may finally be giving them just that. Strong sales of the original Black Ops‘ Rezurrection DLC has allowed the team working on the updated Black Ops 2 mode to enhance it in which ever way they see fit.

“Treyarch have given their zombie team free reign to do pretty much whatever they want with the mode regardless of the direction the campaign is headed in.”

Zombies has always been one of the best modes in Call of Duty. The bi-annual feature is often met with much excitement, and we can’t even imagine how much more fun it’ll be now that it’s essentially twice as big. One thing I can confirm about the new mode is that it’ll be the go-to source for many Game Rant game nights – after Black Ops 2 explodes onto store shelves later this year.
There's black ops 2 zombie mode info.

Last edited by glassdragon; 05-03-12 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-03-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hell yes. Can't wait.
Old 05-03-12, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sweet! Thanks glassdragon.
Old 05-03-12, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Nice!
Old 05-04-12, 06:12 PM
Former Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

bump

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x3tedlWs1XY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Why does every action entertainment trailer (be it video games, movies, or anything) have to have f*cking dubstep in it these days?

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I absolutely hate how COD is pretty much the same game every time for 60 more bucks. This one though looks like it may be completely different than the others and dare I say, looks pretty cool.
I'm holding reservations still until I see actual gameplay footage and get some feedback from fellow gamers (not reviewers, whose bias shines through when it comes to the COD series).

Originally Posted by sven
I just want to see what the MP looks like though
Play MW3. Or Blops. Or MW2. Or WaW. Or MW.

Edit: I thought there was a swear filter on this site? I hope none of the kiddies read this

Last edited by atrium; 05-04-12 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-04-12, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Black Ops multi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MW3
Old 05-04-12, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm waiting to hear the campaign is more than 4 hours long. I play some multiplayer and I know COD is set up for that, but I'm not paying 60 bucks for something I can rent for 4 bucks and finish in an afternoon. What ends up happening, I fall behind in the multiplayer cause I don't play 8 hours a day and get my tail handed to me and trade it in. 60 bucks spent for the 4 hours of fun in the campaign. Plenty of other FPS have 8-12 hour campaigns.
Old 05-04-12, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Although I have never been a huge COD fan, EA is just mad because Medal of Honor sucks.
EA is mad because Battlefield 3's sales tanked the moment Modern Warfare 3 launched. Not only has Activision sold over twenty million copies of MW3, they've also made a killing off the Elite subscription service and the newly released DLC (for those non-Elite members).

I'm waiting to hear the campaign is more than 4 hours long. I play some multiplayer and I know COD is set up for that, but I'm not paying 60 bucks for something I can rent for 4 bucks and finish in an afternoon. What ends up happening, I fall behind in the multiplayer cause I don't play 8 hours a day and get my tail handed to me and trade it in. 60 bucks spent for the 4 hours of fun in the campaign. Plenty of other FPS have 8-12 hour campaigns.
Fuck the campaign. If you're playing Call of Duty specifically for the campaign, you've picked the wrong franchise to do so.
Old 05-04-12, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Is this really what was needed though? I mean....why not build on what was already in place......THAT has been the problem.

Changing things to an unseen future means nothing if it's the same damn mechanics all over again.

There's so much more that could have been done with the current versions already out there (i.e. better enviornments, adding new elements to gameplay like being able to peak around the corner of a wall instead of just running around all the damn time, being able to hide effectively, better use of vehicles, implementation of NPC's you can have carry out orders for you (maybe as a kill streak reward but with the added bonus of being able to customize how they attack), etc....

I don't think introducing robots to the series was really necessary. I don't get it. Yes, obviously I like COD being grounded in a tad bit of reality. I just wish they would have focused more on the detail of what was already in place.
Old 05-04-12, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Black Ops II pre-orders ten times higher than Black Ops

As the saying goes, records were made to be broken. According to the latest pre-order statistics from Amazon, Black Ops II is already on pace to shatter the previous sales records set by 2010’s Black Ops and 2011’s Modern Warfare 3. Speaking with Joystiq, Amazon said, “Pre-orders from day one of Black Ops 2 were more than ten times the amount of pre-orders for the first Black Ops on its first day of availability.”

Even more, based on Amazon’s data, Black Ops II is outpacing last year’s sales juggernaut Modern Warfare 3. “Black Ops 2 even out pre-ordered the first day of availability for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 by more than 30 percent,” the online retailer related. “Modern Warfare 3 currently holds the record for the most pre-ordered game of all time and was among the top 20 pre-orders ever on Amazon.com, including books and movies.”

It’s not really surprising at this point that a Call of Duty title is on track to sell a lot of copies. What is a bit of a surprise is how quickly the early numbers have skyrocketed past previous entries in the series. At this point, Black Ops II setting yet another sales record is just a formality.
Old 05-05-12, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Barth
I don't think COD multiplayer is that dependent on levels, especially given that some of the early guns work pretty darn well and since people prestige and start over most of the time, starting "late" shouldn't matter that much.
Old 05-05-12, 08:15 PM
Former Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
bullshit
This is just depressing. People really aren't starting to get tired of the franchise? Really?
Old 05-06-12, 10:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atrium
This is just depressing. People really aren't starting to get tired of the franchise? Really?
I know I'm not.
Old 05-06-12, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Considering MW3's sales numbers are still below Black Ops and the game is now $40 new (in comparison, until MW3 came out, MW2 was still holding at that price point, a few years after release), I'd say people are getting tired of it.

Frankly, I loved Black Ops and regretted selling it to get MW3 which I tired of in less than a month (as did my friends).
Old 05-06-12, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Considering MW3's sales numbers are still below Black Ops and the game is now $40 new (in comparison, until MW3 came out, MW2 was still holding at that price point, a few years after release), I'd say people are getting tired of it.

Frankly, I loved Black Ops and regretted selling it to get MW3 which I tired of in less than a month (as did my friends).
I don't know if its because people are tiring of the series or because people still really enjoy Black Ops. I went on to play it and MW2 last weekend and there were still 230K people online with Black Ops(PS3). That is more people online after a year and half than all the other Call of Duty's have online after about 8-10 months.
Old 05-06-12, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Nope
Old 05-06-12, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm honestly just sick of leveling up....I really am. And yes, I am one of those types that believes games have evolved past the standard obejective formula....people are now starting to want to hang out in their games so to speak (i.e. the shows in GTA IV, The night springs shows in Alan Wake, etc...) but I honestly think developers just don't know where the hell else to take things right now (and yes I am useless in this regard as well - I have no f'n clue how they would evolve the hang out portion) but it's the direction games are heading in and it's awesome.

For a COD, I would prefer to just start up the console, have every damn weapon at the ready and just go out and have fun.....I honestly think the Elite premium system hits on this as you can by weapons in advance upon your first prestige but the downside to this system is that you have to pay.

But either way........COD is such a powerhouse that I think it's kinda obvious that they don't need a leveling system to keep their fans around.
Old 05-06-12, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Co-op zombies is the "hang out" for my group of friends. You can shoot the shit and goof around and just have fun and not deal with players that are 10x out of our league. Same goes for Hog races in Halo. That seems to be where all the fun is had for us lately. It doesn't matter if you get matched up with elite players, the playing field is leveled in Hog races and it's just fun. Stress free multiplayer gaming that's a blast.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.