Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Old 12-19-12, 08:13 AM
  #526  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 11,855
Received 193 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

I find it's easiest to add to the score streak shooting them down so I'm kinda glad nobody else does.
Old 12-19-12, 09:06 AM
  #527  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
madcougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 6,691
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I find it's easiest to add to the score streak shooting them down so I'm kinda glad nobody else does.
Ditto.
Old 12-19-12, 11:25 PM
  #528  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 7,784
Received 100 Likes on 94 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Finally played the campaign, it was fucking awesome crazy shit. Love the different paths for each level and challenges.
Old 12-19-12, 11:53 PM
  #529  
gamer for life
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 7,860
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

I just want to say this and get it off my chest..

If you have a team that is destroying another...and everyone on that bad team jumps out...give that good team the win..DON'T FUCKING PUT ME INTO A GOD DAMN GAME THAT IS 90-10 WITH ATTACK DOGS AND WARSHIP...In NO FUCKING GOD DAMN WAY is that fun for me. I don't even like how it puts me at times in a game that is maybe 40-20...It sucks because it is probably going to be a loss no matter what, but it is fun trying to bring it back...but if it is a lost cause...FUCK IT...don't do it..count it as a win...everyone is happy..

Last edited by foxdvd; 12-20-12 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-20-12, 08:16 AM
  #530  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suffield, CT
Posts: 175
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Yes! This!

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I just want to say this and get it off my chest..

If you have a team that is destroying another...and everyone on that bad team jumps out...give that good team the win..DON'T FUCKING PUT ME INTO A GOD DAMN GAME THAT IS 90-10 WITH ATTACK DOGS AND WARSHIP...In NO FUCKING GOD DAMN WAY is that fun for me. I don't even like how it puts me at times in a game that is maybe 40-20...It sucks because it is probably going to be a loss no matter what, but it is fun trying to bring it back...but if it is a lost cause...FUCK IT...don't do it..count it as a win...everyone is happy..
Old 12-20-12, 08:20 AM
  #531  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 11,855
Received 193 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I just want to say this and get it off my chest..

If you have a team that is destroying another...and everyone on that bad team jumps out...give that good team the win..DON'T FUCKING PUT ME INTO A GOD DAMN GAME THAT IS 90-10 WITH ATTACK DOGS AND WARSHIP...In NO FUCKING GOD DAMN WAY is that fun for me. I don't even like how it puts me at times in a game that is maybe 40-20...It sucks because it is probably going to be a loss no matter what, but it is fun trying to bring it back...but if it is a lost cause...FUCK IT...don't do it..count it as a win...everyone is happy..
Agreed. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can they please fix the spawning shit? I can't tell you how many times I've died only to spawn either right in front of another bad guy in full fire or under a lightning strike.
Old 12-20-12, 08:43 AM
  #532  
gamer for life
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 7,860
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
Agreed. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can they please fix the spawning shit? I can't tell you how many times I've died only to spawn either right in front of another bad guy in full fire or under a lightning strike.
I was mad last night because I had it happen 3 times to me...being put into games that had no chance...and people kept joining and leaving...and I wanted to wait it out because I did not want to leave, but god it is hard...

As for the spawn...it is bad...but at least you can say that you benefit at times from this. I have killed many people right after they spawn. I have also died many times. The problem is some of the maps are so small, people can be on you in 2 or 3 seconds even if they are across the map. Hijacked is bad for this. Some teams keep a person on one side...two in the middle...and then get up high over the main spawn side and spawn-kill people over and over. It is broken. The system needs to be fixed so that either A: you have 1 second of invulnerability after you spawn (and to be fair you bullets don't hurt as well for one second) This gives you an opportunity to situate yourself before you are dead, and at least have a chance. or B: Fix the system so you don't spawn in the line of sight of someone. The problem like I said is that the maps are so small that if your team spreads out it leaves little room for spawn. This could be fixed if the game took line of sight and spawned you behind cover, a wall, in a room...and made sure it was not in the view of an enemy, or within 1 second of being in the view.
Old 12-20-12, 12:20 PM
  #533  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Matthew Chmiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 13,263
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I just want to say this and get it off my chest..

If you have a team that is destroying another...and everyone on that bad team jumps out...give that good team the win..DON'T FUCKING PUT ME INTO A GOD DAMN GAME THAT IS 90-10 WITH ATTACK DOGS AND WARSHIP...In NO FUCKING GOD DAMN WAY is that fun for me. I don't even like how it puts me at times in a game that is maybe 40-20...It sucks because it is probably going to be a loss no matter what, but it is fun trying to bring it back...but if it is a lost cause...FUCK IT...don't do it..count it as a win...everyone is happy..
Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
Agreed. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can they please fix the spawning shit? I can't tell you how many times I've died only to spawn either right in front of another bad guy in full fire or under a lightning strike.
Agreed on both counts.

Treyarch needs to actually start putting players on time outs as they originally warned weeks ago. I've played one too many games where the team I'm playing on has bailed out.
Old 12-20-12, 12:43 PM
  #534  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,349
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Huh, I don't feel like I have any issues with spawning in this game. At least playing mostly Domination.
Old 12-20-12, 01:26 PM
  #535  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 11,855
Received 193 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

I was killed three times today by Hunter Killers in less than 2 seconds after spawning. I kept thinking about this thread

I also changed my loadout to AN-94 with the auto pistol (last option - can't recall it's name). I have been kicking ass with this combo. I don't even loadup on the AN-94... just iron sights with a fore-grip. I use fast-hands as a Perk and Hardline and stock up on Bouncing Bettys and shock grenades.
Old 12-20-12, 02:02 PM
  #536  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 5,133
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Right after I prestiged I loaded up a couple of games with the bots on Nuketown to see if I liked the AN-94. Decided to use my token on it. I've been enjoying that badboy without attachments.
Old 12-20-12, 02:22 PM
  #537  
gamer for life
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 7,860
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

I have never used the AN-94...how would you rate it between the scar and the FAL?
Old 12-20-12, 02:32 PM
  #538  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 5,133
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

I prefer the SCAR to the FAL and the AN-94 above the SCAR. The range is good, as you would expect, and the recoil isn't bad, even without the grip. I slightly prefer the iron sights of the SCAR to the AN-94. It also has select fire but changes it from full-auto to 3-round burst. I suggest loading it up in bot mode or in league play to see if it works for you. I do like the FAL on full-auto but the slow rate of fire at that point doesn't exactly make it unstoppable.
Old 12-20-12, 06:23 PM
  #539  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
cruzness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Posts: 7,864
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by shumway View Post
I prefer the SCAR to the FAL and the AN-94 above the SCAR. The range is good, as you would expect, and the recoil isn't bad, even without the grip. I slightly prefer the iron sights of the SCAR to the AN-94. It also has select fire but changes it from full-auto to 3-round burst. I suggest loading it up in bot mode or in league play to see if it works for you. I do like the FAL on full-auto but the slow rate of fire at that point doesn't exactly make it unstoppable.
An-94 is wierd in that the the first 2 shots when you squeeze the trigger come out faster than all the rest of the shots. It also has no burst delay. (most burst weapons have a slight delay before you can pull the next trigger.if you can manually burst fire it it is technically a deadlier weapon. Also select fire makes it into a 2 shot burst not 3.
Old 12-22-12, 12:49 AM
  #540  
gamer for life
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 7,860
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

not sure how I feel about the AN-94...I have sort of built my mind around mid-long range with my FAL/Scar-H...I can tell the AN does not have the range, but that is only a problem on maybe 2 maps. Burst fire by yourself on this thing is very powerful, but I seem to lose more close fights than I do with the scar or even fal...it is early still though....I am rolling about a 1.70 K/D while using the An-94 so far, so I hope as I use it more I can get that up ...it potentially has more mid-range power than the scar/fal..
Old 12-22-12, 09:26 AM
  #541  
DVD Talk Legend
 
spainlinx0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 18,146
Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Finally got the diamond launchers, and I am a few bloodthirsty and revenge medals from diamond shotguns.
Old 12-22-12, 08:13 PM
  #542  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,238
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

The best players use the Wiimote + Nunchuk configuration. Since you aim with the Wiimote, it allows you to be far more precise.
Old 12-22-12, 11:52 PM
  #543  
gamer for life
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 7,860
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

the worst spawn killing I have ever experienced tonight...I have never been so mad at a game in my life. It never got better.
Old 12-23-12, 02:39 AM
  #544  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 4,017
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by shumway View Post
You pick up another copy of the game?
I have a new copy. Just waiting for my sweet pink controller to get here from Amazon.
Old 12-23-12, 10:03 AM
  #545  
DVD Talk Legend
 
spainlinx0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 18,146
Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Diamond shotguns, bitches.
Old 12-23-12, 11:48 AM
  #546  
gamer for life
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 7,860
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
Diamond shotguns, bitches.
nice...what weapon group overall do you like best? I know some guns are better for some maps, but do you have a group, smg/shotguns/assault that you fall back on?
Old 12-23-12, 04:48 PM
  #547  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
flair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Put some more time into this one. I'll probably go another prestige then wait for the next solid update. It's still plenty broken, but at least it seems a bit more playable to me. Pretty much running FAL + whatever that 3 round burst pistol is or the first shotgun + range and 3 round burst pistol. Was mainly running SMG before hand because everyone else was, looks like they nerfed that quite a bit.

What are people finding beastly for assault rifles? The FAL is good but it always has been and requires some patience. I'd like something with full auto at some point. Anything like the ACR of mw3 or galil/commando of blops? I haven't had luck with anything but haven't put much time into it. Whenever I actually get a good connection and good people on my team I just end up running my favorite classes to try and get my KD:R in the 1.5 range while going after objectives.
Old 12-23-12, 05:38 PM
  #548  
gamer for life
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 7,860
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by flair View Post

What are people finding beastly for assault rifles? The FAL is good but it always has been and requires some patience. I'd like something with full auto at some point. Anything like the ACR of mw3 or galil/commando of blops? I haven't had luck with anything but haven't put much time into it. Whenever I actually get a good connection and good people on my team I just end up running my favorite classes to try and get my KD:R in the 1.5 range while going after objectives.

I have not run any of the 3 shot burst...but for the assault riffles my K/D from best to worst is

FAL
Scar-H
Mtar
AN-94
Type-25

The scar is so close to the FAL...it is sort of like a FAL with select fire...
Old 12-23-12, 06:45 PM
  #549  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
cruzness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Posts: 7,864
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

I'd say theType 25 but I think it was nerfed on the last update. It is nowmuch more jumpy on thr recoil.
Old 12-23-12, 08:42 PM
  #550  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 4,017
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (November 2012)

Originally Posted by flair View Post
Put some more time into this one. I'll probably go another prestige then wait for the next solid update. It's still plenty broken, but at least it seems a bit more playable to me. Pretty much running FAL + whatever that 3 round burst pistol is or the first shotgun + range and 3 round burst pistol. Was mainly running SMG before hand because everyone else was, looks like they nerfed that quite a bit.

What are people finding beastly for assault rifles? The FAL is good but it always has been and requires some patience. I'd like something with full auto at some point. Anything like the ACR of mw3 or galil/commando of blops? I haven't had luck with anything but haven't put much time into it. Whenever I actually get a good connection and good people on my team I just end up running my favorite classes to try and get my KD:R in the 1.5 range while going after objectives.
My best AR has been the Type 25.

600 kills
1.78 KDR
21.65% accuracy

Sadly the stat tracking in this game is dogshit so I have no stats for the AN74 even though I've picked it up off the ground and run wild with it many times.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.