Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Psychonauts 2 (8/25/2021: PC, PS4, Xbox)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Psychonauts 2 (8/25/2021: PC, PS4, Xbox)

Old 08-30-21, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts
Re: Psychonauts 2 (8/25/2021: PC, PS4, Xbox)

The combat is actually the worst part of this game by far, and thankfully, most of my time was spent navigating levels as a platformer. This is where it excels. After a while, as you upgrade powers, the combat becomes easier, but it never becomes "fun."

However, the boss battles are more fun because it's not just "spam Psyblast and wait for it recharge." They are all very different and fun in their own way.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (08-31-21)
Old 08-30-21, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Found everything except for 8 figments split among 4 levels. Sucks because I wanted to 100% this game, but some of these figments are really hard to see.
Old 09-05-21, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 446 Likes on 322 Posts

Enjoying this and the story. But I absolutely hate the constant of having to remap powers. There has to be a better way than this. Also having a power that you can glide shouldn't require it to be a secondary power that requires multiple button presses. Like if I jump and jump again, let me press the jump button to allow gliding.
Old 09-05-21, 09:36 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 321 Likes on 283 Posts

i'm also getting into this after playing through minutes of so many others. not saying i'm done with that as dl'd few others, but most fun in this one so far and want to come back for more. hope it lasts. it's nice and certainly silly puzzling/platforming fun.
Old 09-06-21, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Enjoying this and the story. But I absolutely hate the constant of having to remap powers. There has to be a better way than this. Also having a power that you can glide shouldn't require it to be a secondary power that requires multiple button presses. Like if I jump and jump again, let me press the jump button to allow gliding.
I do agree that it was pretty annoying remapping powers. I ended up having my “standard” load out, and only switched one or two depending on what the situation called for.

I always defaulted to glide being the left trigger. That’s probably my most used power just because getting around on the ball is so much faster, just like the first game.

But yea, you use all powers plenty of times, and I’m not sure how you would do it on controller without the remapping.
Old 09-06-21, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
I do agree that it was pretty annoying remapping powers. I ended up having my “standard” load out, and only switched one or two depending on what the situation called for.

I always defaulted to glide being the left trigger. That’s probably my most used power just because getting around on the ball is so much faster, just like the first game.

But yea, you use all powers plenty of times, and I’m not sure how you would do it on controller without the remapping.
In Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart you constantly switch between up to 20+ weapons with ease. I found myself wishing for something like that weapon wheel here.
The following users liked this post:
The Questyen (09-06-21)