Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Last of Us (PS3 and PS4)

Old 02-17-14, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: The Last of Us (PS3 and PS4)

From CAG:

Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us is free on Amazon http://ow.ly/tIV8a

It's a long documentary, one and a half hour, but it's free, just in case I added to my queue, the rental will be available to me until March 19.
Old 02-17-14, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

rental? I just "bought it" for free... and received a $1 MP3 credit
Old 02-17-14, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It shows as a rental here. I also got the $1 credit.
Old 02-17-14, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"Bought" the HD version too. Can't wait to watch this. Easily one of my favorite games from last gen.
Old 02-18-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I just got this as well.
Old 02-18-14, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts

I picked up the DLC yesterday and started playing it today. Maybe it just starts off slow but I'm not particularly impressed thus far. Though hopefully it'll pick up soon.
Spoiler:
I just got passed the part when Riley turns on the power to the mall.
I love the main game and was perfectly fine with its slow pace but for some reason the DLC feels very dull. But, I'm going to assume that I'm still early in it and that's why.
Old 02-19-14, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Did anyone find the hidden twitter accounts in the mall stores? It's incredible to think that Naughty Dog even thought of that.
Old 02-19-14, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Did anyone find the hidden twitter accounts in the mall stores? It's incredible to think that Naughty Dog even thought of that.
No! Can you give us the details in spoilers, for the ones that have completed the game.
Old 02-19-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3
No! Can you give us the details in spoilers, for the ones that have completed the game.
Spoiler:
Many of the stores in the mall have their Twitter handles on the walls of their spaces. If you goto those twitter feeds you can get each respective stores takes on the outbreak in real time compared to when the infection began. For example, things like: "we're shutting down as of 9/31. The infrastructure of the nation appears to be gone." And then there are no tweets after 9/31. It's little stuff but impressive that the Naughty Dog community managers pulled it off.
Old 02-19-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 02-19-14, 03:53 PM

hello, i'm new to ps3 and just purchased Last of us and i'm experiencing the autosave glitch. Has there been an official fix for this? i've done searches and of course since this game is old now all of the search results were old. And they only said to restart the game. I've done that and i've experienced it more then once. it glitched at the begining before the pick up truck crashed and now it's glitching when i'm riding the horse with Tommy. I've tried disabling the internet and still no go. There has to be something i'm missing since no one has complained about this glitch recently.
Old 02-19-14, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by marcellusk
hello, i'm new to ps3 and just purchased Last of us and i'm experiencing the autosave glitch. Has there been an official fix for this? i've done searches and of course since this game is old now all of the search results were old. And they only said to restart the game. I've done that and i've experienced it more then once. it glitched at the begining before the pick up truck crashed and now it's glitching when i'm riding the horse with Tommy. I've tried disabling the internet and still no go. There has to be something i'm missing since no one has complained about this glitch recently.
I am surprised you are still seeing it. Apparently it was never a problem with the game, it was the Naughty Dog servers. All indications were that they fixed it pretty quick.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...the-last-of-us

If you are seeing it now, I am not sure what to tell you except to make sure all the patches have been downloaded. Maybe email Naughty Dog direct.
Old 02-20-14, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by marcellusk
Have you downloaded the latest patch for it? It was one of the first things fixed on the game.
Old 02-20-14, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm glad the DLC definitely picks up afterwards.
Spoiler:
I like that there are finally simultaneous encounters between humans and infected.
The story isn't bad but I must say it's not as engaging as I would have hoped. It's a tad predictable
Spoiler:
and I don't mean Riley's fate
and mostly feels like marking time. I did however love
Spoiler:
Skeleseer, the "origin" of the joke book, the arcade game, and the super soaker "fight".
Those little moments make the DLC for me more than the actual story told.
Old 02-22-14, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I finally got around to finishing the DLC today. Although it started out real slow and remained predictable throughout, I felt it ended real strong. Basically, it turned out to be the best episode I've ever watched of The Walking Dead. Maybe they should get Neil Druckmann to write for that series.

On a side note, did one of the
Spoiler:
infected that Riley shot during the next to last cinematic look like Marlene to anyone else?

And what was the "really cool surprise" that linking the game to my FB account was supposed to be? I thought it was going to
Spoiler:
upload the photos from the booth to my FB wall but instead I just got an in-game internet connection error.
Checked my FB afterwards, just in case, but saw nothing.
Old 02-22-14, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

mine was posted on my FB wall
Old 02-22-14, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I replayed the level and got it to work. Dunno what happened the first time.
Old 02-24-14, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I finally got around to finishing the DLC today. Although it started out real slow and remained predictable throughout, I felt it ended real strong. Basically, it turned out to be the best episode I've ever watched of The Walking Dead. Maybe they should get Neil Druckmann to write for that series.

On a side note, did one of the
Spoiler:
infected that Riley shot during the next to last cinematic look like Marlene to anyone else?

And what was the "really cool surprise" that linking the game to my FB account was supposed to be? I thought it was going to
Spoiler:
upload the photos from the booth to my FB wall but instead I just got an in-game internet connection error.
Checked my FB afterwards, just in case, but saw nothing.
Mine was posted on my FB wall too.
Old 02-24-14, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like we might see a sequel

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/24/544...ys-naughty-dog
Old 02-24-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts

Maybe I haven't played long enough (couple hours), but aside from a great opening sequence, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I find it rather tedious and repetitive.
Old 02-24-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by eXcentris
Maybe I haven't played long enough (couple hours), but aside from a great opening sequence, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I find it rather tedious and repetitive.
There are some nice moments towards the end. But I sorta agree - although I'm not one who's engaged by story & characters in a videogame.
Old 02-24-14, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Druckmann took to Reddit to respond to a comment asking the likelihood of gamers returning to the world of The Last of Us in the future. "If you're asking about a sequel ... right now I'd say it's 50/50."
So we may see a sequel...or we may not. Thanks for the clarification ND!

But seriously: there will be a sequel.
Old 02-24-14, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
There are some nice moments towards the end. But I sorta agree - although I'm not one who's engaged by story & characters in a videogame.
Yeah, the gameplay is repetitive. If you don't like the theme: survivalist, apocalyptic, zombie, etc. you may even find the game boring. Oh and the AI is really bad too.

But the story and characters are one of the best ever in a videogame. This is one of my favorite games the past generation, because I really like the theme, and I was OK with the gameplay being that way.
Old 02-24-14, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Oh and the AI is really bad too.
its almost as if the bad guys had NO BRAINS at all!

seriously though, what difficulty did you play at? the harder the setting the "smarter" the enemies got. The harder settings kept the same number of bad guys, they increased their intelligence and gave fewer supplies.
Old 02-25-14, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by redbill
its almost as if the bad guys had NO BRAINS at all!

seriously though, what difficulty did you play at? the harder the setting the "smarter" the enemies got. The harder settings kept the same number of bad guys, they increased their intelligence and gave fewer supplies.

I played in Normal.

My complain was more about Ellie, or any companion, being able to walk in front of any zombie without issue.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.